International Nurses Day 2021 Theme: It is celebrated every year on May 12th to mark the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale also famous as “The Lady with the Lamp” and to express our deep gratitude for their tireless efforts. Check the History, Significance, and International Nurses Day 2021 Theme.
International Nurses Day 2021 Theme, amid the horrific coronavirus pandemic, assumes great significance. Nurses are the backbone of the hospitals and clinics taking care of the millions of COVID-19 patients for months putting their lives at risk. International Nurses Day 2021 Theme is a great opportunity to express our deep gratitude for them. As the situation is getting grimmer with each passing day, the situation at COVID wards remains gloomy. In such situations, nurses go a step further from their usual job and create a lively and happy environment to cheer up the patients and raise their morale to fight against COVID-19.
International Nurses Day 2021 Theme:
- The theme for this year’s International Nurses Day is Nurses: A Voice to Lead – A Vision for Future Healthcare.
- Like doctors and other health care workers, nurses are at the forefront of fighting the Covid-19 pandemic.
- This year the theme focuses on the development of the nursing system in the future and transforms into the next stage in healthcare.
History of International Nurses Day 2021 Theme:
- Florence Nightingale the founder of modern nursing, started work as a nurse in charge of the British and allied soldiers, wounded during the Crimean War.
- Florence Nightingale spent most of her time caring and comforting the injured – often late into the night.
- She was the first to establish formal training for nurses.
- The first nursing school – the Nightingale School of Nursing – was inaugurated in London in 1860.
- Florence Nightingale was a key figure behind setting up a training school for midwives as well.
- She was the first woman who was awarded the Order of Merit in 1907.
Significance of International Nurses Day 2021:
- Nurses have always played a crucial role in recovery and wellbeing for people across the globe.
- But they hardly receive any respect that they deserve. So this day is dedicated to honoring them with the respect they deserve.
- Nurses remain at the forefront in the fight against epidemics and pandemics.
- They provide primary care and treatment to the patients.
- According to World Health Organization (WHO), nurses account for more than half of all the world’s health workers.
Q.What is the theme of Nurses Day 2021?