JAIIB Exam 2021
The JAIIB exam or Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers Exam is one of the premier exams that is conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance. The JAIIB exam 2021 is conducted annually twice to transform banking employees into polished banking professionals. JAIIB is a kind of flagship course which evaluates a candidate’s overall knowledge related to the banking sector and then trains them by imparting more knowledge regarding basic banking practices.
The candidates who are willing to appear for the JAIIB Exam 2021 can check the overview of the IIBF JAIIB exam date 2021, important dates of IIBF JAIIB exam 2021 Registration, basic JAIIB Eligibility criteria, etc on this page.
The candidates who are willing to apply and appear for the JAIIB 2021 have to avail the membership of the IIBF. Upon successful completion of the JAIIB Exam 2021, the candidates who are already banking professionals are given a raise in the salary as well as also promotions in their cadre.
JAIIB Exam 2021 Overview
JAIIB 2021 is one of the premier flagship courses that are offered by the IIBF. The candidates who are already working as banking professionals can apply and appear for the same. The candidates can check the overview of the IIBF JAIIB Exam date 2021, eligibility, registration fees, etc on the table given below:
|Examination Name||Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers (JAIIB)|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF)|
|Eligibility for the JAIIB Exam 2021||The candidates who are already working banking professionals are eligible to apply for the JAIIB.|
|Selection Process||Paper 1: Principle and Practices of Banking
Paper 2: Accounting & Finance for Bankers
Paper 3: Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking
|Registration Dates||May 2021 and November 2021|
|JAIIB Exam Dates
|JAIIB Exam Dates
JAIIB 2021: Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are willing to appear for the JAIIB Exam 2021 for the upcoming year will be required to cover the basic JAIIB Eligibility Criteria as mentioned by IIBF in the previous year notification of JAIIB 2021. The candidates applying for the JAIIB Exam either in May or November have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates who are a regular employee in the Banking Industry are liable to apply for the JAIIB Exam 2021. In addition to this, the candidates are also required to be a permanent member of IIBF.
- The candidates must have passed the Intermediate exam in any stream from a recognised state or central board.
- While those candidates who have not completed their 10+2 exam can also appear for the JAIIB 2021 exam only if the Manager of the bank allows them.
- The candidates who are serving as Subordinate staff in any of the scheduled banks can also appear for the same only if they have cleared the class 12th examination from a recognised board.
JAIIB Exam 2021 Registration
The JAIIB Exam 2021 Registration form will be available online on the official website of IIBF. The candidates opting for the JAIIB 2021 have to keep a tab on the official website to check the status of the online application form. The candidates can also follow the steps in the following space to fill the application form before the IIBF JAIIB Exam date 2021:
- Visit the official website of IIBF
- Once you reach the homepage of the official website, search for the Apply Now tab and click on the Exams(Members)
- Thereafter, click on the JAIIB tab and thus login with the membership credentials
- Now, you are required to open the application form of JAIIB and then duly fill the application form with all the important details as asked
- Post this, the candidates should reach the Payment tab where they are required to pay the application fee using any of the online methods.
- In the end, the candidates are required to complete the payment and then generate the payment receipt online.
- The candidates can also note the registration number generated while registering the application form of JAIIB 2021.
JAIIB Slot Booking and Exam Centres
JAIIB Slot Booking
The IIBF also allows the candidates to book the exam centres beforehand. The candidates can simply visit the official website of IIBF and then choose the prescribed slot and timing to appear for the examination. The Board has also mentioned that the slot booking will be on a first-come and first serve basis.
JAIIB Exam Centres
The candidates willing to appear for the JAIIB Exam can appear for the same in any of the exam centres as mentioned on the official notification of the JAIIB. The candidates can check the centres’ name in the space below:
|Andhra Pradesh||Adilabad, Adoni, Anantapur, Chittoor, Cuddapah, Eluru, Guntur, Hindupur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Kurnool, Warangal|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, North Lakhimpur, Nowgong, Silchar, Tezpur, Tinsukia, Bongaigaon|
|Bihar||Arrah, Begusarai, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Saharsa, Samastipur, Motihari|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro steel City, Daltonganj, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Deoghar, Sahibganj|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Baroda, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Porbandar, Rajkot, Surat, Vapi|
|Haryana||Ambala Cantt, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hissar, Karnal, Rohtak, Yamunanagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Palampur, Mandi, Simla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Anantnag, Baramulla, Doda, Jammu, Kathua, Leh, Poonch, Rajouri, Srinagar|
|Karnataka||Bagalkot, Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Bijapur, Davangere, Hubli, Madikeri, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga|
|Kerala||Calicut, Kannur, Ernakulam, Kottayam, Palakkad, Kollam, Thiruvalla, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Balaghat, Bhopal, Chhatarpur, Guna, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Ratlam, Rewa, Satna, Shahdol, Ujjain|
|Chhattisgarh||Ambikapur, Bhilai, Bilaspur, Jagdalpur, Raigarh, Raipur|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Amravati, Aurangabad, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Solapur, Satara|
|Nagaland||Kohima, Mokokchung, Tuensang|
|Orissa||Berhampur Ganjam, Bhawanipatna, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Abohar, Amritsar City, Bhatinda, Ferozepur, Hoshiarpur, Pathankot, Patiala, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Banswara, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Ganganagar, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Udaipur|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Barrackpore, Burdwan, Kolkata, Coochbehar, Malda, Serampore, Siliguri|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Azamgarh, Bareilly, Etah, Etawah, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Muzaffarnagar, Shahjahanpur, Varanasi|
JAIIB Exam 2021 Registration Fees
The IIBF releases the Registration fees charges along with the official notification of the JAIIB Exam. Another important thing here is that the registration fees are completely based on the number of attempts by the candidates. The candidates can check the Registration fees for different attempts in the space below:
|Number of Attempts||Exam Fee|
|JAIIB First Attempt||Rs 2700|
|JAIIB Second Attempt||Rs 1300|
|JAIIB Third Attempt||Rs 1300|
|JAIIB Fourth Attempt||Rs 1300|
The JAIIB Exam 2021 is conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance(IIBF) to impart professional knowledge of Banking practices in India. The candidates who are willing to qualify for the JAIIB Exam have to clear the written examination for the same. The key points related to the JAIIB 2021 Exam Pattern are given in the space below:
- The JAIIB exam will be conducted in the computer-based mode and the questions asked in the examination will be of objective type.
- There will be mainly three papers and the candidates have to qualify all the three papers separately by scoring the minimum qualifying marks.
- Each paper will have 100 questions and there will be 1.2 marks for each question.
- The IIBF has not mentioned any provision for the negative marking.
- The questions asked in the exam will be bilingual i.e. questions will be in English as well as in Hindi.
- The candidates will be required to complete the papers in 2 hours.
- Only those candidates who can qualify for the minimum marks will be called to have passed the examination of the JAIIB Exam 2021.
|Paper Number||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Principle and Practices of Banking||100 questions||120 marks|
|Accounting & Finance for Bankers||100 questions||120 marks|
|Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking||100 questions||120 marks|
|Total||300 Questions||360 marks|
JAIIB Syllabus 2021
To qualify for the JAIIB Exam 2021, the candidates should always follow the syllabus as mentioned for all the papers of JAIIB by the IIBF. The candidates should try to cover the syllabus as mentioned in the previous year notification by the IIBF. The candidates can check the important topics and chapters for every paper of the exam in the table below:
|Paper Number||Syllabus for JAIIB|
|Principle and Practices of Banking||Indian Financial System
Functions of Banks
Support Services- Marketing of Banking Services/ Products
Ethics in Bank & Financial Institutions
|Accounting & Finance for Bankers||Business mathematics and finance
Principles of bookkeeping & accountancy
|Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking||Regulations & compliance
Legal aspects of banking operations
Banking related laws
Commercial laws concerning banking operations
JAIIB 2021: Passing Criteria
The candidates appearing for the JAIIB Exam 2021 have to fulfil the passing criteria by the IIBF to qualify the papers for the JAIIB 2021. The major passing criteria as mentioned in the previous notifications are given below:
- The JAIIB Minimum qualifying marks for all the papers asked in the JAIIB exam is 50 marks. In addition to this, the candidates who score at least 45 marks in each paper with an aggregate of 50% marks are also considered to have passed the JAIIB Exam.
- The IIBF allows the candidates to keep the credits for the subjects that have passed in any of the attempts of the exam.
- As per the rules of the IIBF, each candidate is required to pass in all the subjects as asked in the JAIIB Exam in at least 2 years or 4 consecutive attempts. While the candidates who are unable to complete the same will be required to make fresh enrollment under the IIBF. Also, they will require to obtain fresh credits in all the subjects as previously earned credits will expire.
JAIIB Admit Card 2021
The IIBF will release the JAIIB Admit Card 2021 once the registration process for all the candidates is over. The candidates can simply download their admit card of JAIIB by visiting the official website of IIBF. Therein they are required to search for the JAIIB Course on the homepage.
Post this, the candidates can enter their Registration number on the space provided. Upon successful entering the number, the admit card will be displayed on the computer screen. The candidates can take a print out of the JAIIB Admit Card. In addition to this, the admit card will be also mailed on the registered email id of the candidates.
The candidates while going for the JAIIB Exam have to carry the admit card themselves along with a valid id proof i.e. Adhaar Card or Pan Card.
JAIIB Result 2021
The JAIIB Result 2021 will be published by the IIBF on its website once the JAIIB exam is successfully conducted for a schedule. The board publishes the aggregate marks scored by the candidates along with their results.
The candidates who appear in the exam can successfully login with their details and then check their result for the online JAIIB Exam. The candidates who pass the JAIIB Exam will get their final certificate of passing the exam mailed on their registered email ids.
Q1 What is the JAIIB Exam?
A1 The JAIIB Exam is a flagship course conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance to promote, teach and impart the latest knowledge and practice related to the banking sector.
Q2 I am in the last year of Graduation and want to apply for the JAIIB 2021. Am I Eligible?
A2 No, only those candidates who are working employees of the Banking sector are eligible to write the JAIIB Exam.
Q3 What are the Registration fees for the JAIIB Exam 2021?
A3 The registration fees of the JAIIB Exam is Rs 2700 for the candidates who attempt it for the first time. While the candidates who appear for it for the second, third and later are required to pay Rs 1300 as registration fees.
Q4 Who conducts the JAIIB 2021?
A4 The JAIIB Exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance.
Q5 What is the passing criteria for the JAIIB Exam 2021?
A5 The passing criteria of JAIIB Exam 2021 is scoring at least 45 marks in each paper asked in the JAIIB Exam.
Q6 What is the maximum time limit to pass the JAIIB Exam 2021?
A6 The maximum time limit to pass the JAIIB Exam 2021 is 2 years after the date of registration.
Q7 What is the tentative IIBF JAIIB Exam date 2021?
A7 The tentative dates for the JAIIB 2021 Exam is in May 2021 and November 2021.
Q8 How many papers are there in the JAIIB 2021?
A8 There are a total of three papers in the JAIIB 2021.
Q9 What happens after the candidates complete the JAIIB Exam?
A9 Once the candidate completes the JAIIB exam he is given the certificate of course completion by the conducting authority.
Q10 What is the full form of JAIIB?
A10 The full form of the JAIIB is Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers.