We have added the LIC AAO preparation tips here. The LIC AAO exam takes place to recruit candidates for the post of the assistant administrative officer. It is a very good opportunity for the ones who want to make their career in the insurance sector. So make use of the LIC AAO preparation strategies given here. LIC AAO 2020 was announced on 25th February 2020 but the examination process was disrupted by the nation-wide lockdown. The revised dates are yet to be released, until then we are providing you with the LIC AAO Preparation strategy that can help you prepare better.
LIC AAO – Important dates
|LIC AAO Event||Dates|
|LIC AAO Notification Released on||25th February 2020|
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||25th February 2020|
|Closure of registration of application||15th March 2020|
|Download of Call Letter for Online Preliminary Examination||to notified soon|
|LIC AAO Exam Dates: Preliminary Exam||Postponed|
|LIC AAO Prelims Result||to be updated soon|
|LIC AAO Exam Dates: Mains Exam||to be updated soon|
LIC AAO 2020 Selection Process
LIC AAO & AE selection will be done on the basis of a three-phase examination i.e. Preliminary Examination (Phase I), Main Examination (Phase II), and Interview followed by Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination. Marks obtained in the Main Examination and Interview will be considered for final merit listing and selection of the candidates. Use LIC AAO preparation tips to crack the prelims and mains exams.
LIC AAO Prelims Exam:
The Written Exam will contain 3 sections namely: Reasoning, English Language Language, Quantitative Aptitude. The total duration of the written exam will be 1 hour. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks if a candidate attempts a question wrong. Preliminary Examination consisting of the objective test will be conducted online. The test will have three sections as follows:
|Serial Number||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English: Language with special emphasis on grammar, vocabulary and comprehension||30||30||20 minutes|
Note: English Language test is of qualifying nature and marks in the Language section will not be counted for ranking.
LIC AAO Mains Exam
The main examination will consist of objective tests for 200 marks. The objective test will be online. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
|Serial Number||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|2.||General Knowledge, Current Affairs||30||60||20 minutes|
|3.||Professional knowledge||30||90||40 minutes|
|4.||Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||30||60||20 minutes|
|5.||English Language (Letter writing & Essay)/ Legal drafting for AAO(Legal)||2||25||30 minute|
- Descriptive test of English Language etc. will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
- The candidates are required to qualify each of the Tests. Candidates will have to qualify in each of the objective tests.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests for the main examination. ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase I) will not be added for the selection and the final selection will be based on the marks obtained by a candidate in Main Examination (Phase II) marks obtained in Interview.
How to Crack LIC AAO Prelims?
5 Point to start your LIC AAO Strategy
- Have a thorough knowledge of the examination pattern and its syllabus
- Make a time-table making daily targets
- Start from clearing the basics and practice accordingly
- Check your performance by taking mock tests and quizzes on a timely basis
- Analyze your performance in the mock tests and work on your weak areas.
Subject-wise Approach for LIC AAO Preparation
For each subject, we have added the LIC AAO preparation tips here.
For LIC AAO English preparation, follow the tips below.
- Clear your grammar basics. You can refer to some books or join some offline or online courses.
- Take daily quizzes to analyze the performance.
- Read newspaper daily to boost your reading comprehension skills
- For the mains examination, the English test consists of descriptive questions, which include letter writing and essays. The topics for the essay are based on the recent activities across the world, so candidates must be aware of all current events.
- Past year questions may also be referred for essay and letter writing.
For LIC AAO quantitative aptitude preparation, follow the tips below.
- This section is standard for all candidates in the preliminary exam, but in the mains exam, this section is only included in the Generalist cadre.
- Clearing up your basics in this section is of utmost importance.
- Take daily quizzes to analyse performance and build speed.
- Follow the easy to difficult level approach to prepare with ease.
For LIC AAO Reasoning preparation, follow the tips below.
- This section is standard for all candidates applying for the preliminary exam and mains exam. Candidates should try attempting the questions which can be attempted quickly first and then move to the difficult problems in the section. This would help them manage time well in the exam.
- Syllogism, coding-decoding, direction test, inequalities should be attempted first as this would take lesser time to attempt.
- The Reasoning section requires mental alertness and logics, so one should be very alert while attempting and practicing the questions.
General Knowledge, Current Affairs
For LIC AAO general knowledge preparation, follow the tips below.
- Read the newspaper daily to be updated with the daily news.
- This section can prove to be a game-changer if prepared well.
- You need to develop a good memory to be able to score more in this section. So, it is advisable to keep revising the current affairs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Also, focus on static awareness along with the current affairs.
For LIC AAO professional knowledge preparation, follow the tips below.
- This section is only for the candidates applying for the AAO post for IT, CA, Actuarial, and Rajbhasha posts. This section includes questions regarding the respective specialization for which the candidate has applied.
- Candidates must be prepared well for the specialization they have chosen because this section holds the highest weightage in the mains examination.
- Previous year papers can help you decode the pattern and strategize your preparation.
Insurance and Financial Market Awareness
For LIC AAO insurance awareness preparation, follow the tips below.
- For this section, candidates need to be aware of the latest news, policies, development, and events related to insurance and the financial market.
- Candidates must be aware of banking and insurance history, different laws and policies, and all financial institutions in the country as well.
- Reading daily news can help you here as well.
LIC AAO Preparation Books
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal||Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agarwal||Objective Computer Science & Information Technology by Jushta Jaiswal|
|Objective General English by SP Bakshi||Lucent’s General Knowledge|
|Static General Knowledge by Arihant Publications||Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey|
|Kiran’s LIC AAO Prelim Online Exam Practice Workbook by Kiran Prakashan||Wren & Martin’s English Grammar|
|A New Approach to Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
Q1: What is the salary of LIC AAO?
A1: The initial salary of LIC AAO is 32,795 with an increment of 1610 every year.
Q2: What is the difficulty level of the LIC AAO exam?
A2: As per the previous year’s exams, it can be said that the paper is an easy-moderate level generally.
Q3: When will the prelims of LIC AAO 2020 take place?
A3: The dates of the prelims exam are yet to be notified by the concerned authority. Until then don’t let your studies suffer. Keep preparing.