LIC ADO Exam Pattern: LIC ADO Exam Pattern 2020-21 is given here!!! Detailed exam pattern for Prelims & Mains Category Wise is given here for your reference. LIC aspirants shall check here the complete details and make your preparation in an effective way.
Life Insurance Corporation(LIC) will release the notification of ADO on its official site. Consequently every year the recruitment board has announced and recruited a huge number of candidates for various levels of posts. Likewise one of the most important government job notifications among the aspirants is LIC ADO. Last year the vacancy announced for LIC ADO was 8,581. This year we can expect that much of vacancies. The Apply Online link will get activated after the release of the notification on its official site. It is expected that there will not be any change in the LIC ADO exam pattern for this year from the previous years. So candidates start your preparation process now without any delay.
Getting familiar with the exam pattern is one of the primary things you need to do before starting your preparation process. It is necessary for all the aspirants to be well versed with the LIC ADO Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure to grab the exam. It will give you guidance to drive your efficient preparation for the exam on the right path. To keep that in mind here we have given you the latest updated LIC ADO Exam Pattern for both Prelims & Mains Exam. So aspirants shall refer to this article fully and start your preparation process for the upcoming LIC ADO 2020-21 Notification in a well-versed manner.
LIC ADO Exam 2020 Highlights:
|LIC ADO Events||Important Dates|
|Online Application Start Date||Will Update Soon|
|Last Date of Online Application||Will Update Soon|
|Admit card Release||Will Update Soon|
|LIC ADO Prelims Exam Date||Will Update Soon|
|Prelims Result||Will Update Soon|
|LIC ADO Mains Exam Date||Will Update Soon|
|LIC ADO Mains Result||Will Update Soon|
|Last date to reprint Application receipt||Will Update Soon|
|Interview Date||Will Update Soon|
|LIC ADO Final Result||Will Update Soon|
LIC ADO Selection Process:
The LIC ADO Selection Process is based on 3 stages namely
- Written Test: Computer-based test conducted in two phases.
- Phase 1: Preliminary Exam
- Phase 2: Mains Exam
2. Personal Interview
3. Medical Test.
LIC ADO Exam Pattern:
LIC ADO Prelims Exam Pattern:
The LIC ADO Prelims Exam Pattern is given here for your reference. The prelims exam is the initial stage of the selection process. You just have to get the prescribed marks from the board. The prelims score will not be considered for the final selection.
|Topics||Total number of questions||Total marks||Time|
|Numerical ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
- The prelims exam is an online Computer Based Test.
- The score obtained from the Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning Ability will only be considered and eligible for the mains exam.
- English section is just as qualifying in nature. You have to qualify from the English section.
LIC ADO Mains Exam Pattern
LIC ADO Mains Exam is the most important one in the selection process. The Marks obtained from this will be considered for the final selection. So candidates have to give more importance to the mains exam. Apart from this, the LIC ADO Mains exam has been conducted in 3 different categories. Namely
- Open Market: Open market is for all candidates
- LIC Employee: candidates who are willing to do full-time, salaried employee of LIC (under Grade III)
- LIC Agent: Candidates who want to work as agents under LIC.
Check below the category wise Mains Exam pattern:
Open Market Category
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability & Numerical Ability||50||50||120 minutes|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs and English Language with Special Emphasis on Grammar and vocabulary||50||50|
|Insurance and Financial Marketing Awareness with special emphasis on knowledge of Life Insurance and Financial Sector||50||50|
For Employee Category
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability & Numerical Ability||25||10||120 minutes|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs and English Language with Special Emphasis on Grammar and vocabulary||25||15|
|Elements of Insurance and Marketing of Insurance.||50||125|
For Agents Category:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability & Numerical Ability||25||25||120 minutes|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs and English Language with Special Emphasis on Grammar and vocabulary||25||25|
|Practice and Principle of Insurance Marketing||50||100|
Candidates who qualify from the cut-off prescribed by the recruitment board are eligible for the Interview process. The Interview is for 37 marks and it includes aptitude and reasoning questions to check the thinking ability of the aspirant.
A medical test is conducted for the shortlisted candidates, before releasing the merit list. Only candidates who clear the medical test will be selected for the post of LIC Apprentice Development Officer.
LIC ADO Syllabus:
Referring to the LIC ADO Syllabus is one of the most important strategies in the preparation process. Particularly the updated syllabus that helps you to understand the topics that will be asked in the upcoming exams. So candidates have to visit the syllabus twice or thrice then according to that you can collect the materials and start preparing for your exams. For your reference here we have given you the recent updated LIC ADO Syllabus for each section for both prelims and mains. So aspirants shall go through this article fully.
- Reasoning Ability and Numerical Ability
- General Knowledge, Current Affairs, and English Language
- Insurance Marketing
- Insurance and Financial Marketing Awareness for Open Market Category.
- Elements of Insurance and Marketing of Insurance for Agents Category.
- Practice and Principle of Insurance Marketing for Employee Category.
LIC ADO Syllabus: Numerical Aptitude
|Simplification||Number Series||Quadratic Equations|
|Percentage||Profit & loss||Simple & Compound Interest|
|Ration & Proportion||Problems on Ages||Partnership|
|Average||Time & Work||Time, Speed & Distance|
|Problems on Trains||Pipes & Cisterns||Probability|
|Permutation & Combination||Data Interpretation||Mensuration|
LIC ADO Syllabus: Reasoning
|Mathematical Reasoning||Syllogism||Linear and Circular Sitting Arrangements|
|Distance and Direction||Blood Relations||Statements and Conclusions|
|Statements and Arguments||Number Series||Clocks and Calendars|
|Data Interpretation||Mirror Images||Decision Making|
LIC ADO Syllabus: English Language
|Synonyms & Antonyms||Sentence Error||Sentence correction|
|Fill in the blanks||Sentence Arrangement/ Word Arrangement||Cloze Test|
|Para connectors||Vocabulary questions||Para completion|
|Para restatement||Idioms & Phrases||Para fillers|
LIC ADO Syllabus: General Awareness
|Current affairs of National & International news||Science – Inventions and Discoveries||Awards and Honors|
|Indian Current Events||Countries, Capitals & Currencies||Budget and Five Year Plans|
|General Science||History of India||Culture|
|Banking Awareness||Indian Economics||Sports|
|Technology,||Indian Constitution and Indian Politics||General Knowledge|
LIC ADO Financial Awareness:
- Indian Financial Market
- Capital markets and the government
- Money Market
- Stock markets and bond markets
- The role of money markets in the financial system
- Derivatives markets and private investing
- The study of the foreign exchange interbank market
- Primary markets and secondary markets
- Mutual Funds
- Insurance Industry
- Insurance Industry
- Regulatory Agencies
- Special Statutes for Certain Financial Intermediaries
- Establishment of FSDC
- Financial Stability and Development Council
- International Financial Organization
Insurance Market Awareness:
- Introduction of Insurance
- History of Life Insurance
- History of General Insurance
- Know About IRDAI
- Types of Insurance
- Indian Insurance Market
- ULIP (Unit Linked Insurance Plan
- Public Sector Insurance Companies
- Private Sector Insurance Companies
- Glossary of Insurance Terms
- Abbreviations related to Insurance Industry
- Employment State Insurance Scheme (ESIS)
- Schemes Related to Insurance (PMFBY, PMJJBY, PMSBY, etc.)
- Other Important Topics Related to Insurance Awareness
- Insurance Current Affairs
- Insurance Ombudsman, Bancassurance
- Current insurance schemes
LIC ADO Preparation Strategy:
LIC ADO Preparation Strategy must for everyone to grab the exam. Nowadays there is a demand for government jobs. The competition level of the exam goes on higher. So the candidates have to do the smart work along with the hard work.
LIC ADO Numerical Ability Books:
|Kiran’s Bank Clerk Numerical Ability||Kiran publication|
|Bank Clerk Numerical Ability Chapterwise Solved Papers 5040+ Objective Questions||SN Prasad|
|Numerical Ability 18 Days Wonder||S Chand|
LIC ADO Reasoning Ability Books:
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning (English)||A. K. Gupta|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (English)||B. S. Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
|Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S.Aggarwal|
LIC ADO English Books:
|Perfect Competitive English||V.K.Sinha|
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Objective General English||S.P.Bakshi|
LIC ADO General Awareness Books:
|General Knowledge||Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)|
|General Knowledge||Arihant Publications|
|General Science||Lucent (English)|
LIC ADO Insurance Awareness Books:
|LIC ADO – L.I.C. Apprentice Development Officers Recruitment Exam||Dr. Lal & Jain|
|Kiran’s Lic Ado Prelim. Online Exam Practice Work Book-English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Guide to LIC ADO (Apprentice Development Officers) Preliminary Exam 2019 with 3 Online Tests||Disha Publication|
|Life Insurance Corporation of India Apprentice Development Officer (LIC ADO) Recruitment Examination||Arihant Publication|
Practicing LIC ADO Mock Test:
Mock Test is one of the most important preparation strategies for every competitive exam. One who gives importance in their preparation must give more importance in practicing the Mock Tests. One of the important smart work is practicing the mock test series. Candidates have to give more importance to the mock test practicing. The mock Test plays a vital role in the pre-exam preparation process. Mock test practicing will increase your standard of preparation level. That standard is used to crack your desired examination. The mock Test plays a vital role in the pre-exam preparation process. Mock test practicing will enhance your skills that are majorly used to crack your desired examination.
Benefits of LIC ADO Mock Test Practicing:
- Generally, the model of the mock Test is like a carbon copy of the real exam. So by practicing the mock tests you can get familiar with the exam pattern and what type of question will be asked in the upcoming exams. It can be used to avoid unwanted panic while appearing for the real exam scenario.
- Aspirants have to finish the section within the given time duration. Speed is essential for every candidate. By regularly practicing the LIC ADO Mock Test you can increase your speed.
- Candidates have to maintain the accuracy to get the desired marks. But the negative marks will be applicable for every wrong answer. By practicing with the LIC ADO Online Test Series you are able to maintain your level of accuracy at a higher level.
- Candidates have to avoid by choosing the time-consuming questions. This can be avoided by attempting more mock tests.
- Aspirants have to analyze their mock test results then only they are able to know their stronger and weaker areas. For that here the results have been displayed as a Diagrammatic representation of every mock test that will help you to understand your mistakes, stronger and weaker areas.
- Practicing with the LIC ADO Online Test Series that enhances your overall skills used to crack the real exam.
LIC ADO FAQs:
Q. Is there an interview in the LIC ADO recruitment procedure?
A. Yes, there is an interview stage in the LIC ADO recruitment procedure. The cumulative score obtained from the mains and interview will be considered for the final selection.
Q. Is there any negative marking in LIC ADO?
A. There is no negative marking for wrong answers in the LIC ADO Exam.
Q. What are the passing marks for LIC Prelims AAO Examination 2020?
A. Qualifying marks for LIC ADO Exam is determined by the cutoff marks by LIC India, the exam conducting body.
Q. What is the pattern for the LIC ADO Prelims exam?
A. The prelims exam consists of Aptitude, Reasoning & English language. The prelims exam will be conducted for 100 marks with a 1-hour duration. The score obtained from the Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning Ability will only be considered and eligible for the mains exam. English section is just as qualifying in nature. You have to qualify from the English section.
Q. Is Medical Test is compulsory for all the candidates?
A. Yes, of course, the medical test is very essential for all the qualified candidates.