The LIC HFL exam is one of the most anticipated recruitment announcements among the aspirants. The candidates will be selected for the assistant, associate, and assistant manager vacancies through this LIC HFL Exam 2020. Every year, aspirants all over the country, compete in this LIC HFL exams. So you should start their LIC HFL Preparation now.
LIC HFL Syllabus for HFL Recruitment Exam
Candidates aspiring for any PSU for a promising career have a good opportunity to appear for the LIC HFL recruitment exam.
Candidates who wish to apply for the LIC HFL exam must be well versed with the LIC HFL syllabus to prepare well for the exam.
The LIC HFL Syllabus covers the following sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude i.e. Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- English Language
LIC HFL syllabus for the English Language
- Spot the Error
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test
- Phrase Substitution
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Connectors
- Spelling Mistakes
- Idioms & Phrases
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension
LIC HFL Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Simplification & Approximation
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio & Proportion
- Speed Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Boats & Streams
- Age Problems
- Permutation & Combination
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Profit & Loss
LIC HFL Syllabus for Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement & Assumption
- Word Formation
- Ordering & Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
LIC HFL Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Important Dates
- Banking Awareness
- Books & Authors
- Arts & Culture
- Computer Knowledge
- Indian & International Economy
- Inventions & Technology
LIC HFL Preparation 2020
LIC HFL recruitment exam covers a vast syllabus divided into four sections.
We have collated some important LIC HFL preparation tips for LIC aspirants.
Candidates who wish to take the LIC Housing Finance exam must follow the below-mentioned tips for LIC HFL preparation.
Tips for English Language preparation
- Read newspaper like The Times of India, The Hindu, and Economic Times
- Much importance should be given to Vocabulary building. Learn new words each day to enhance your word power
- Brush up basic grammar with emphasis on Articles, Tenses Voice Change, and Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Practice Error Spotting, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles each day.
- Practice LIC HFL online tests regularly.
Tips for Numerical Ability preparation:
- Before starting preparation for the Quantitative Aptitude section it is important to learn the basics of each topic.
- Memorize the important formula, related concepts, and Tables
- Some topics that are really important and can help you fetch good marks are Speed Time & Distance, Time & Work, Simplification/Approximation, Partnership, Mensuration & Geometry, Percentage & Probability, Trigonometry, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest.
- Most important of all, practice as many mock tests as possible.
Tips for General Awareness preparation:
- The General Awareness section helps to fetch a lot of marks. Just grab some good books and study material and learn them by to ace this section.
- Newspapers, Magazines, and Business Journal readings on a daily basis are of utmost importance to prepare for current affairs sections.
- There are some really good apps for daily GK preparation that can also help in your general awareness preparation.
- Lastly, practice online quizzes to test your GK preparation.
Tips for Reasoning Ability preparation:
- The reasoning is a scoring section, the more you practice the more you will be able to ace it.
- Include solving a puzzle while preparing for the reasoning section. Puzzles are an important part of this section.
- Some important topics in reasoning are Syllogisms, Coding-Decoding, Direction & Distance, Numeric/Alpha-numeric Series, Puzzles, Seating Arrangements, and Data Sufficiency.
LIC HFL Exam Taking Strategies
- Time management is really important for any competitive exam.
- Wasting time on questions that you don’t know is a fool’s strategy. Solve easier sections like General awareness first and then go for tougher ones like reasoning and numerical ability.
- Designing a study plan for HFL preparation and following it regularly helps you cover all the portions.
- Giving an ample amount of time to each section and practicing each of them daily gives confidence for LIC HFL preparation.
- Solve LIC HFL mock test series and analyze your performance and know the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Stay calm and motivated. Do not deviate from your goal and stay focused.
- Practice concentration exercises.
- Play some sort of sport to keep your mind and body active.
- Keep your mind and body healthy and fit.
LIC HFL Preparation 2020 FAQs
Q: What is the selection process for LIC HFL 2020 recruitment?
A: The selection process will have 2 stages – an online exam and an interview.
Q: What are the total marks for the LIC HFL online exam?
A: The total marks for the online exam is 200.
Q: Is there any sectional time for the LIC HFL exam?
A: Yes, for each section, separate timing is allotted. So you cannot skip between the sections.
Q: What are the negative marks for the LIC HFL 2020 online exam?
A: For each wrong answer, the minus marks is 0.25.
Q: What are the sections in LIC HFL 2020 online exam?
A: Logical reasoning, Quantitative aptitude / numerical ability, general awareness, and English language.
Q: What is the age limit to apply for the LIC HFL 2020 recruitment?
A: 21 to 28 years.
Q: I belong to Nepal. Can I apply for the LIC HFL 2020 recruitment exams?
A: No, only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for this recruitment.
Q: What is the LIC HFL 2020 online application fee?
A: The LIC HFL online application fee is Rs. 500.
Q: What is the LIC HFL basic pay for Assistant cadre?
A: For Assistant cadre, the basic pay is Rs. 13,980/- per month.