The LIC HFL exam is one of the most anticipated recruitment announcements among the aspirants. The candidates will be selected for the assistant, associate, and assistant manager vacancies through this LIC HFL Exam 2020. Every year, aspirants all over the country, compete in this LIC HFL exams.
LIC HFL Exam 2020
The Life Insurance Corporation of India, Housing Finance Limited (LIC HFL) is the authority to conduct the LIC HFL recruitment exams. LIC HFL is the subsidiary of the LIC. So, every year a huge competition prevails for this exam. In this recruitment, candidates are selected for the following posts,
- Assistant Manager
Attempt Free LIC HFL Mock Test Now, to Kick start your preparation
LIC HFL 2020 – Important Dates
Important dates of LIC HFL recruitment 2019 is given below:
|LIC HFL Recruitment Important Dates|
|Opening of online registration||August 8, 2019|
|Last date to apply for LIC HFL exam||September 26, 2019|
|LIC HFL admit card released||September 9, 2019|
|LIC HFL exam||October 9th & 10th, 2019|
|LIC HFL result date||November 2019|
LIC HFL Exam 2019-20
Life Insurance Corporation has released the official notification of the LIC HFL recruitment exam 2019. The latest recruitment procedure for the Assistant Manager (legal) 2019-20 has also been released by the conducting body.
The LIC HFL exam 2019 notification is released on August 8, 2019. Aspirants of the LIC HFL exam can start applying online now as the registration for the same is open.
Last notification for LIC HFL recruitment exams was released in August 2018 and the exam for the same was held in October 2018.
This article will abreast you on LIC HFL exam conducted in 2019, How to apply for LIC HFL exam, the number of vacancies in various posts in HFL, remuneration for Assistant, Assistant Manager, and Associates, lastly the syllabus and exam pattern of LIC HFL.
LIC HFL Exam Recruitment & Notification
The LIC HFL exam notification 2019 was released on August 8, 2019, to recruit a total of 300 Assistant, Assistant Manager, and Associates in Housing Finance Limited.
The last date to register for the LIC HFL exam is September 26, 2019, and the tentative date of the online exam is 9th and 10th October 2019.
Important dates of LIC HFL exam 2019 is listed below:
|Name of Recruitment Exam||LIC Housing Finance Limited Exam|
|Conducted by||Life Insurance Corporation of India|
|LIC HFL Notification 2019||August 8, 2019|
|Vacancy||300 as per LIC HFL exam notification 2019|
|Last Date of Receipt of Application||August 26, 2019|
|LIC HFL Admit Card on the official website||September 9, 2019|
|LIC HFL Exam Date||October 9th & 10th, 2019|
|LIC HFL result declaration||December 2019|
Important dates for the LIC HFL Assistant Manager (legal) 2019-20 have been mentioned below:
|LIC HFL Assistant Manager (legal) Exam 2019-20|
|Online Registration Begins||December 2, 2019|
|Online Registration Closes||December 16. 2019|
|Online Examination||January 27, 2020|
In the LIC HFL 2020 recruitment notification, you can get the essential details such as apply online dates, LIC HFL exam date 2020, etc.
|Start Date of Apply Online||Will be out soon|
|End Date of Apply Online||Will be out soon|
|The download of LIC HFL 2020 Exam Call Letter||Will be out soon|
|Assistant Exam Date||Will be out soon|
|Associate Exam Date||Will be out soon|
|Assistant Manager Exam Date||Will be out soon|
LIC HFL Exam: Apply Online
You should follow the LIC HFL apply online process, with the correct guidelines. While filling the form, you should complete it with all the mandatory details. There should not be any fake data. Follow the steps given below and fill your online application.
- Log on to the official site of LIC HFL.
- The LIC HFL apply online link is available in the careers section.
- The very first step for you is to complete the registration process.
- As you complete the registration process, use the login credentials to open your application form.
- In the form fill all the personal information and education details without any error.
- Also, you have to upload certain scanned documents as per the format prescribed in the notification.
- submit your LIC HFL 2020 online application and pay the fee through online mode.
|Passport size photograph||20kb – 50 kb||200 x 230 pixels|
|Signature||10kb – 20kb||140 x 60 pixels|
|Left thumb impression||20kb – 50 kb||240 x 240 pixels|
|Hand-written declaration||50kb – 100kb||800 x 400 pixels|
LIC HFL Exam 2020 – Application Fee
LIC HFL 2020 online application fee can be paid only through the online mode. For this fee 18% GST is applicable. You can use credit card/debit card/net banking or any other online means to pay the application fee.
- Assistant – Rs. 500/-
- Associate – Rs. 500/-
- Assistant Manager – Rs. 500/-
Attempt Free LIC HFL Mock Test Now & stay ahead of your competition
LIC HFL Exam – Vacancy
The LIC HFL Vacancy for 2019 will be declared in the official exam notification.
LIC released HFL notification 2019 to recruit 300 personnel in Housing Finance Limited for the three posts, the same as in the year 2018.
|LIC HFL Vacancy (year-wise)|
Assistant Manager- 100
Assistant Manager- 100
Assistant Managers- 100
The vacancy details for the Assistant Manager (legal) 2019-20 recruitment are as mentioned below:
LIC HFL 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should satisfy certain eligibility norms prescribed in the LIC HFL 2020 official notification.
- Age Limit – 21 to 28 years.
- Only Indian Citizens can apply for this recruitment.
- Candidates should possess computer skills.
- Educational qualification (Assistant Posts) – Any Graduation degree with at least 55% of aggregate marks.
- The educational qualification (Associate post) – Graduation degree with minimum aggregate marks of 60% marks and CA-Inter.
- Educational qualification (Assistant Manager post) – Graduation degree with minimum aggregate marks of 60% and also 2 years full-time MBA / 2 years full-time MMS / 2 years full-time PGDBM/PGDM/PGPM/PGDBA in any government recognized Institute, with a minimum of 60% marks. If the candidate has completed the course in part-time / correspondence, he is not eligible.
LIC HFL eligibility conditions for educational qualification for Assistant, Assistant Manager, and Associates are tabulated below:
|LIC HFL Eligibility In Terms Of Educational Qualification 2020|
|A graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized Government University with a minimum 55% aggregate marks.||A graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized Government University with a minimum 60% aggregate marks.And CA-Intermediate||A graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized Government University with a minimum 60% aggregate marksAnd have completed 2 years full-time Post- Graduation course in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.|
Salient points related to LIC HFL eligibility criteria is given below:
LIC HFL Salary
The remuneration of Assistant, Associate, and Assistant Managers in HFL is set by the Life Insurance corporation itself.
As per the official notification of the Housing Finance Limited recruitment exam, the LIC HFL Salary for the three posts is given below:
|LIC HFL Salary (as per 2019 notification)|
|Posts||HFL Assistant||HFL Associates||HFL Assistant Managers|
The above-mentioned LIC HFL salary is after the 7th pay commission.
The applicant of the LIC HFL Exam 2019 would be happy to know that there has been some increment in the per month salary of the three posts in HFL.
The difference in per month salary in HFL for the year 2019 and 2018 is given below:
|2019 LIC HFL Salary increase|
|HFL Assistant Managers||56000/-||52200/-||3800/-|
LIC HFL Exam – Selection Process
The LIC HFL selection process is based on 2 stages.
- Online exam
For each post, a separate online exam will take place. As per the sectional & overall cut-offs candidates are shortlisted for the interview stage. The Final merit list will release for each post, as per the total marks of online exam and interview.
LIC HFL 2020 Exam Pattern
The LIC HFL online exam is conducted separately for the Assistant, Assistant Manager, and Associate posts.
- The online exam is conducted only in the English language.
- Penalty for each wrong answer – 0.25
LIC HFL recruitment exam is conducted in three-phase:
- HFL Online Examination
- Medical test
Candidates who effectively qualify for the online exam are called for a personality test/interview round followed by the Medical fitness test.
- The online exam is divided into 4 sections carrying the weightage of 200 marks.
- It is an objective type paper with a multiple-choice question format.
- Candidates are given 2 hours to complete HFL online exam.
|English Language||50||50||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||50||50||35 minutes|
|General Awareness||50||50||15 minutes|
Attempt FREE Topic Tests here for all the above mentioned sections
LIC HFL Syllabus
The LIC HFL Syllabus covers the following sections:
- Numerical Ability i.e. Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- General Awareness
Here the LIC HFL syllabus topics are available for each section. You can use this and make your study plan for the LIC HFL 2020 exam.
The topics covered in the above-mentioned sections are tabulated below:
|Logical Reasoning||English language||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness|
|Input-Output||Reading comprehension||Simplification & Approximation||Current affairs|
|Alphanumeric Series||Vocabulary||Quadratic Equation||static GK|
|Ordering & Ranking||Fillers||Number series||Financial awareness|
|Syllogism||Idioms & Phrases||Age problems||Sports|
|Word formation||Error spotting||Ratio & Proportion||Appointments|
|Statement & Assumption||Sentence improvement||Percentage||Awards|
|Inequality||Jumbled sentences||Average||Important Days|
|Blood relation||Cloze test||Partnership||Indian economy|
|Direction sense||Word / phrase replacement||Data interpretation||Arts & culture|
|Coding-Decoding||Problems on train||History & Geography|
|Data sufficiency||Boats & Stream||Indian polity|
|Puzzle||Time, speed & distance|
|Seating arrangement||Time and work|
|Pipes & Cisterns|
|Allegation of mixture|
|SI & CI|
|Permutation, combination & probability|
LIC HFL Exam – Preparation Tips
As the online exam is the only round before the interview stage, the competition will be tougher. Your preparation standards must be very high to crack the LIC HFL exam. Analyze the previous year’s LIC HFL question papers to know the exam level and new pattern of questions. Practice those papers well, so that you can be ready for the exam with any pattern of difficult questions.
Another important factor is the LIC HFL mock test. This full-length mock test will analyze your overall ability. Do practice at least 2 full mock tests to improve your scores. In your preparation give importance to all the 4 sections of the mains exam. The reasoning section will have tougher puzzles. In the quantitative aptitude section, most of the questions will have lengthy calculations. So prepare according to the difficulty level of the mains exam.
How to prepare for LIC HFL 2019 Exam?
LIC HFL Preparation tips for the English Language
- Work on your Vocabulary skills. Read some articles from top newspapers like The Hindu, Times of India, and Economic Times.
- Brush up your basic grammatical rules with emphasis on Voice Change, Articles, Tenses, and Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Read and learn a new word each day. Take this up very seriously because it will enhance your word power.
- Practice Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Reading Comprehension each day.
LIC HFL Preparation tips for Reasoning Ability
- Solve more and more puzzles. Puzzles are a very important part of this section and you can simply not ignore it. In fact, it constitutes more and more in the section.
- The reasoning is the most scoring section, so give more emphasis on this section.
- Some important topics to study are Syllogisms, Direction & Distance, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Numeric/Alphanumeric Series, Puzzles, Seating Arrangements.
LIC HFL Preparation tips for Numerical/Quantitative Aptitude
- Learn the basics of each topic before starting preparation for this section.
- Memorize the important formula and concept behind it.
- Some important topics to study are Simplification/Approximation, Speed Time & Distance, Time & Work, Mensuration & Geometry, Trigonometry, Percentage & Probability, Profit & Loss, Partnership, Simple & Compound Interest.
LIC HFL Preparation tips for General Awareness
- This section is one which can fetch you a lot of marks if practiced properly. You need to follow the right books and materials to ace this section.
- Read Newspapers daily. Do Not miss a single day. A lot of questions are asked from current affairs so it is of utmost importance that you read Newspapers, Business Journals, and Magazines daily. You can also download some apps on your smartphones which are really helpful for the G.K section.
General Preparation Tips for LIC HFL Exam
- Manage your time well in the exam. Solve easier sections first and then go for tougher ones. Do not waste time on questions you can’t solve.
- Design a study plan. Give an ample amount of time to each section and practice each of them daily.
- Stay motivated and calm. Do not lose your hope or deviate from your goal. Stay focused and concentrate on your preparation.
- Stay healthy and keep your body as well as your mind fit. Exercise daily or play some sort of outdoor sport to keep your mind and body active.
Learn Time management with Mock Test:
In the LIC HFL exam sectional timing is there. For general awareness, section-time is not a matter. If you have prepared well you can attend a decent number of questions well before the time limit. For the English language section, if your preparation is good, time will be definitely not a concern.
Your time management skills are much needed in the quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability sections. Most of the questions in these sections are difficult and time-consuming. Only by hard work you can handle these sections with ease. Additionally, you should do the smart work in time management. From these sections, you should know how to select the questions correctly, which will give you the marks effortlessly. For that, you have to practice more LIC HFL mock tests regularly before the exam. With continuous practice, you can judge a question within a few seconds that will be solved easily or not. So that you can save more time in the exam. At least complete 2 mock test practice in a week. This will help you in learning time management which is a must in the exam.
Other Significance of LIC HFL Mock Test:
- With LIC HFL mock test you will be aware of the new pattern difficult questions. After the mock test, you can check the answers to all the questions. The solutions will be detailed and in a step by step manner. So that you can understand the concepts for difficult questions easily.
- You will get the national rank after the mains mock test is over. The rank will be among the candidates all over India who took the mock test. The performance analysis report will give the results on your speed, time is taken for each question, and accuracy rate. This report will help you to know your standard among thousands of candidates. So that you can try to improve your preparation levels to fine-tune your performance.
- Accuracy is one factor that decides your overall score. If you have bad accuracy then you will not get a good score even if your attempts are more. So with the help of a mock test correct your mistakes then and there. Practice the mains mock test until you attain a good accuracy rate.
So candidates practice hard with the LIC HFL mock tests. This will surely help you in enhancing your performance. With a good study plan, practice, and exam strategy you can crack the LIC HFL 2020 exam in the very first attempt.
LIC HFL 2020 Admit Card
The LIC HFL admit card for the online exam will release on the official website. After the release of the admit card, you can download it by following the steps given below.
- Go to the official website of LIC HFL
- On the home page, there will be a careers section. Click the LIC HFL 2020 exam admit card download link available in the careers section.
- Enter the registration number and password.
- Enter the captcha code and press the login button.
- Take a printout of the LIC HFL 2020 admit card. Without the exam admit card, you cannot participate in the online exam.
LIC HFL Exam Result
The LIC HFL result will release at each stage of the selection process. The LIC HFL results will release on the official website. The first result of the recruitment is for the online exam. Then the final merit list will release after the completion of the interview stage.
About LIC HFL Exam
HFL’s full form is Housing Finance Limited having its corporate office in Mumbai. HFL is a trusted and respected sister concern of Life Insurance Corporation of India.
The principal objective of HFL is to provide long term finance to individuals for the purchase or construction of flat or house for residential purposes and to those engaged in the development of residential buildings to be sold by them in India.
Not only limited to housing finances, but HFL also provides funding on existing property for business or personal needs, loans to professionals for construction or purchase of office space or equipment, etc.
Candidates who aspire for a job in housing finance have to fulfill the LIC HFL eligibility criteria.
The LIC HFL exam is conducted based on the requirement of the Life Insurance Corporation. Candidates must stay updated with the LIC HFL recruitment 2019-20 and prepare themselves well for the exam.
LIC HFL 2020 – FAQs
Here we have added some FAQs related to the LIC HFL exam 2020.
Q: What is the selection process for LIC HFL 2020 recruitment?
A: The selection process will have 2 stages – online exam and interview.
Q: What are the total marks for the LIC HFL online exam?
A: The total marks for the online exam is 200.
Q: Is there any sectional time for the LIC HFL exam?
A: Yes, for each section, separate timing is allotted. So you cannot skip between the sections.
Q: What is the negative marks for the LIC HFL 2020 online exam?
A: For each wrong answer, the minus marks is 0.25.
Q: What are the sections in LIC HFL 2020 online exam?
A: Logical reasoning, Quantitative aptitude / numerical ability, general awareness, and English language.
Q: What is the age limit to apply for the LIC HFL 2020 recruitment?
A: 21 to 28 years.
Q: I belong to Nepal. Can I apply for the LIC HFL 2020 recruitment exams?
A: No, only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for this recruitment.
Q: What is the LIC HFL 2020 online application fee?
A: The LIC HFL online application fee is Rs. 500.
Q: What is the LIC HFL basic pay for Assistant cadre?
A: For Assistant cadre, the basic pay is Rs. 13,980/- per month.
That is all from us in this blog on LIC HFL Exam 2020. Keep checking this space for all the latest exam updates.