Find details of UGC NET Exam Eligibility 2018. Aspirants can find detailed eligibility details and official notification here to apply for UGC NET Exam 2018. University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test usually conducting every year twice in a time to select people either for Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). For NET exam sometimes select both Assistant Professor & JRF from national universities and colleges.
NET Exam Eligibility 2018
If the candidates are qualified for Assistant Professor from NET exam they will not be qualified for JRF. So while applying the application for NET exam the candidate should be specifies that they are applying for both Assistant Professor& JRF or only alone for Assistant Professor. Please refer the official website for the clarification to apply for NET exam eligibility criteria.
In 2018, the candidates will be appear only for 2 papers for JRF and Assistant Professor or Assistant Professor alone. The selection depends on the performance of the candidates appearing on JRF and Assistant Professor. There are some reservation policies are announced by UGC board for SC, ST, OBC, and PwD candidates. Check the official website for the recent updates. The exam conducted by CBSC for NET exam will going to conduct for 84 subjects and 91 exam centers in selected cities across India.
NET Exam 2018 Exam Dates & Official Notification – Click Here
National Eligibility Test – NET Exam 2018
For NET Exam the candidates who wish to apply should have minimum of 55% marks in their Master’s degree (PG) in the streams such as Humanities, Social Science, Electronic Science, Computer Science & Applications, etc. The qualification of PG should be from a UGC recognized college/ university. It is the main criteria for NET exam eligibility 2018. The percentage in mark scoring part is relaxed for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD categories. These candidates must scored minimum of 50% of marks in their Post Graduation. These are all the main NET Exam Eligibility criteria that given by NET Exam board.
Who Can Apply for NET Exam?
The applicant awaiting for the result of their PG final year exam can also apply for NET Exam. The candidates obtained above percentage of marks only consider or they will be disqualified for NET Exam.
For PHD Degree Holders
The candidates who done their PhD they must completed their PG on Sep 19th ,1991. They have certain relaxation on the aggregate marks on their PG degree. It means that 50% of marks is eligible for NET Exam who is holding PhD degree.
NET Exam – Age Criteria
For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- The candidates willing to apply for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) must not more than 30 years in their age. 5 years of age relaxation given to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD and women candidates for NET Exam.
- The age relaxation for candidates having research experience limit to the period spend on research in the relevant subject of post-graduation degree.
- Three years relaxation is there for the candidates who are holding LLM degree.
- There is no age limit for the candidates who are applying for the role of Assistant Professor. Exemption (For Candidates Applying for Assistant Professor Role)
- The applicants holding a PhD degree in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2009 will be exempting to satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for NET/SELT/SET exams conducted by UGC.
- The candidates successfully passed UGC/CSIR JRF examination before 1989 will also be exempting from appearing in NET exam 2018.
- If the candidates passed States Eligibility Test (SET) prior to June 1, 2002 will be exempting from NET exam.
- Candidates can apply for Assistant Professor in colleges/ universities across India with their SET score.
- If the Candidates successfully passed SET after June 1, 2002 are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor only in colleges/ universities only on respective states where they have cleared the SET exam.
The applicant advised to provide the NET exam in the subject of their post-graduation only. Candidate’s post-graduation subject is not covers in the list of subjects given by UGC, may appear in a related subject, informs the official website. The Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate given by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.(www.aiu.ac.in)
Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
District- Gautam Budh Nagar (UP)
Phone Number: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Fax Number: 0120-2427275
Email Address: email@example.com
Why IBPS Guide for NET Exam
Now a day’s everything comes under online. Yes off course, Employment news too. Are you searching for desired job through NET Exam? We all ways provide the NET Exam announcement in a jiffy. So you never miss any notification from UGC NET Exam board. Once you subscribed with us, you will regularly get updates from our website for NET Exam. Any more stop looking out the other website keep follow us for recent and upcoming recruitment notification for NET Exam. Keep your eyes on our website for the recent updates from UGC NET Exam Board. Good luck to find your dream job through NET Exam recruitment Board.
Note: Keep track on us, as IBPS Guide publishes the important government notifications on the right time with a detailed and essential description of eligibility criteria. Don’t miss any important notifications.
More Latest All India Government Jobs 2018