Novel Coronavirus: Novel Coronavirus has affected nearly 110 positive cases in India. Indian Government has taken all possible measures to control novel coronavirus. However, 2 Persons died in Delhi and Karnataka from novel coronavirus. Currently, it has been identified that 14 states in India have affected by Novel Coronavirus disease.
What is Novel Coronavirus?
Novel Coronavirus is from Coronavirus family. This Coronavirus (CoV) disease will cause illness to people and it starts with a common cold. After causing the common cold, it will transform into a severe disease such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
Symptoms of Novel Coronavirus
The Novel coronavirus starts with very common fever and cold but later, it converts to very severe disease. The commons signs of Novel coronavirus are
- Common Cold
- Respiratory symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
After causing these basic problems/common diseases, it will start affecting the immune system of the human body and cause the below problems
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
- Kidney Failure
- Very finally, Death
How Novel Coronavirus spreads – COVID 19
This virus is spread mostly from person to person. Like the common cold, it is spread by droplets, which are often generated when a person cough or sneeze. One can be exposed when in close contact (within 6 feet) to someone who is sick. People are thought to be more contagious when they have symptoms. There have been reports of people becoming sick after contact with someone with little to no symptoms.
Government Prevention Measures for Novel Coronavirus
- Peoples are informed to stay aware of COVID 19.
- Till 5th standard, the government has announced a holiday for all schools till 31st March 2020
- Most of the Public gatherings have been shut down by the Government for a due course.
- More Malls and Theatres has been closed for a while due to COVID
- People entering in India are first isolated and thoroughly checked whether they are caused by coronavirus are not
- The Ministry of External Affairs has postponed the Indian Premier League (Cricket Tournament) due to coronavirus
- All hospitals in India have been given awareness against COVID 19
- US has planned to test the COVID Vaccination on 45 healthy men
Mask for Novel Coronavirus
To make it clear, mask alone don’t prevent you from Coronavirus, because it can spread through eyes and tiny viral particles. However we need to prevent our self for the disease, so the mask is also considered as one of the prevention measures against coronavirus
- Don’t use Normal Face Mask
- Use N95 Respirator for Novel Coronavirus
- Else use 3 layered surgical mark
Before wearing a mask, wash your hands with soap or alcohol-based sanitary hand rub and after using the mask dispose it properly.
Do’s & Don’ts for Novel Coronavirus
- Wash your hands often with water for 20 seconds
- Use soap or alcohol-based sanitizer hand rub to wash your hands
- Try to avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands
- Don’t go near the people who are sick
- Don’t go to crowded places
- Avoid going outside, when you are sick
- Cover your mouth with kerchief or tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Cover your mouth and nose with face mask, to protect yourself from the affected people
- Avoid public gathering for a due course
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs
- Avoid unprotected contact with animals
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
Treatment and Vaccination for Novel Coronavirus
If a person is likely to have coronavirus symptoms, he/she should report to the nearest Government Health Center. The affected person will have three rounds of test to confirm the disease. The incubation period will be from 1 to 14 days. Most commonly it will be around 5 days, they will be isolated. As of now, there is no vaccine for coronavirus. The research centres around the world are continuously working for finding the vaccination to prevent and cure the coronavirus.
Novel Coronavirus Helpline Number in India
People in India can call the helpline number to report any case of coronavirus or to know more information
- India Help Line Number – 01123978046
People of India are advised to stay aware of the latest news about the novel coronavirus. Please make sure that the people around you are following the proper hygiene measure. If you have any additional queries related to coronavirus, contact the nearest healthcare centres and check the details. Take care of your health and try to protect yourself from others and stay safe