RBI Grade B Phase 2 Descriptive Paper 2021: RBI Grade B Phase I examination has been released by RBI. The candidates who have cleared Phase-I must start their preparation for the RBI Phase 2 Examination. RBI Grade B Mains or the Phase 2 examination is going to take place on 1st April 2021 for Gr B (DR) – General & on 31st March 2021 for Officers in Gr B (DR)- DEPR, DSIM (as per the official notification). Few days to go for the examination, we have provided you with the preparation strategy to crack the RBI Grade B Phase 2 Descriptive Paper 2021 and Objective paper.
In this article, we will be looking at the syllabus of RBI Grade B Phase 2 along with the preparation tips curated by the CL experts for each section. This will definitely help you in your preparation journey for RBI Grade B Phase 2. The detailed RBI Grade B Phase 2 Descriptive Paper 2021 Syllabus and preparation tips are provided here in this article. Along with RBI Grade B Phase 2 Descriptive Paper 2021, the Objective paper preparation strategy is also provided for the reference of the candidates. The mock test series to enhance your scores in RBI Grade B Phase 2 Descriptive Paper 2021 and Objective Paper is also provided below.
RBI Grade B Phase 2 2021:
- RBI Grade B Phase 2 is more of a subject-centric exam.
- It consists of three sections,
- English (Writing Skills),
- Finance & Management(F&M), and
- Economic & Social Issues (ESI).
- Each section is 100 marks.
- While FM and ESI are objective papers, you are required to write your answers through the keyboard for English Paper.
- The allocated time for each paper is 90 minutes.
- Since the Phase-1 of RBI Grade B Exam is qualifying in nature, Phase-2 brings with itself a level playing field for all qualified applicants.
- Hence, it is important that you should be well aware of how to prepare for RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam!
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Descriptive Paper 2021 and Objective Paper: Mock Test
We have provided you with the Free mock tests and the Objective type mock tests for the RBI Grade B Phase 2 Preparation.
Our Mock Tests brings the best solution for every RBI Grade B Aspirants!! Now you can study Economic & Social Issues and Finance & Management Descriptive Sample Questions with Answers for RBI Grade ‘B’ Phase 2 (Paper -I & Paper -III) Exam 2021 from the ESI and Finance & Management Descriptive Sample Questions with Answers by our Mock Tests given below.
- It contains 2 Free Tests along with 8 Full-Length Tests.
- The questions are prepared on the basis of the latest Exam Pattern.
- The Questions will be of High standard as asked in the mains examination.
- You can also access this mock test in the mobile app.
RBI Grade B Phase 2 2021: Syllabus
Here is a list of topics that are to be covered for FM and ESI:
|Finance & Management||Economic & Social Issues|
Regulation of Banks
Risk Management in Banking Sector
Technology in Finance
Human Resource Development
Motivation and Incentives
Regulators of banks and financial institutions
Development in the Financial Sector
Financial sector Regulations
The Managing Process
Role of Incentives
Role of Information Technology
Nature and Scope of Management
|Growth and Development
Economic Reforms in India
Social Structure in India
Development in the Financial Sector Export-Import Policy
Balance of Payments
Rise in Inequality
Rigid Labour Law
Regionalism and Language Conflicts
Poor Education Standards
Social Structure in India
Employment Generation in India
Monetary and Fiscal Policy
Social Sectors in India
Benefits of International Trade
Direct and Indirect Taxes
Insurance and Capital Marketing
- Precis Writing
- Essay Writing
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Descriptive Paper 2021:
Primarily, the RBI Grade B Phase 2 Descriptive Paper 2021 is divided into three parts, Essay writing, Precis writing, and Comprehension.
- For this section, Essay Writing is a very important area that needs a lot of practice.
- For essay writing, the word limit is generally 200-400 words.
- A good to practice writing essays is to write 3-4 essays on current topics each day.
- Keep revising the content as you may end up forgetting key points.
- To ace this section, it is important you make a rough draft before writing your final answer.
- Include all the points you can recall about the topic and add to the rough draft, next sort the relevant points and arrange them so as to make the final version look coherent.
- Similarly, for precis writing, prepare a rough draft in which you write all the key points so as to ensure you do not miss anything from the given paragraph.
- Compress it by removing the additional information on those points.
- The question of comprehension is easiest in this section as the answers are present in the passage that is given.
- The master tip is to not write the answers word by word as given in the passage.
- Write the answer in your own words.
- However, you can pick the jargon from the passage to make the answers look more polished.
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Objective Paper 2021:
Finance and Management:
To prepare for this section, you need to prepare the financial system, financial markets, and other general topics related to finance for Finance and Basic principles of Management and Organizational Behavior for Management. The recommended booklist for FM is given below. In addition to that, you can go through IGNOU notes on management to strengthen your foundation in that area.
Some of the important books that you can refer to while preparing for the FM section in RBI Grade B Phase 2 are:
- An introduction to Economics – A W Stonier and DC Hauge
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara
- Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri
- Indian Economy – R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
- Economic Growth and Development – Mayer and Baldwin
- Major economic newspapers and Economic and Political Weekly
- Public Finance – K K Andley and Sundaram
- Financial Management – Prasanna Chandra
Economic and Social Issues:
To prepare for this section, start with reading Economics NCERT for Classes 10th, 11th, and 12th. In addition to that, you can refer to Day to Day Economics by Satish Deodhar to make your foundation strong. The recommended booklist for this section is given below. In addition to that, you can read some important reports namely The Economic Survey of India and The World Development Report.
- Additionally, go through important monthly magazines like Yojna, Kurukshetra, Business India, RBI Bulletin, and Economic and Political Weekly to prepare for this section.
Some of the additional books that you can refer to while preparing the ESI section for the RBI Grade B Phase 2 exam include:
- Indian Economy: Uma Kapila (Series of Books)
- Indian Economy: Mishra Puri. (Latest Edition)
- Growth And Development: Devraj Ray
- Sociology: C.N. Shankar Rao
We have provided you with the preparation strategy for the RBI Grade B Phase II examination. Now it’s your chance to prepare for the RBI Grade B Exam and fulfill your aspirations of becoming an officer in the central bank of India.
All the best.