RRB Group D exam pattern: The Railway Recruitment Board conducts recruitment drives from time to time for the posts of Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant, Assistant Pointsman, Level-I posts in Indian Railways. Earlier the exam was scheduled for the months of September to October, but now Railways have officially announced that it will be conducting RRB Group D 2021 Online Exam from 2021. Since the exam is just around the corner, it is important for the aspirants to know RRB Group D exam pattern and other related details.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2021
The RRB Group D Exam takes place in four stages. The RRB Grade-D exam pattern 2020 for the same is-
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification and Medical Test
RRB Group D CBT 1 Exam pattern
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Science||25||25||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||30||30|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20||20|
- The Mode of the test will be an Online Computer Based Test(CBT).
- It will Consist of 4 sections.
- The total questions will be 100. Each question carries 1 mark.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.33 for every wrong answer, no marks will be deducted in case of unattended questions.
- There will be no sectional cut off.
RRB Group D Minimum Qualifying Marks 2021: Category Wise
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage|
|Economically Weaker Section(EWS)||40%|
|Other Backward Caste(OBC)||30%|
Normalization of RRB Group D CBT Marks
- Short listing of Candidates for the DV shall be based on the marks obtained by them in the CBT.
- If multiple sessions of CBT are conducted then the marks will be normalized.
- In such a scenario short listing of candidates for the DV shall be based on the normalized marks.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2021: Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
Points To Note For RRB Group D PET
- Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature
- The number of candidates called for PET will be three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/RRCs
- Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this ratio as required to ensure availability of adequate/reasonable number of candidates for all the notified posts
- No change in criteria will be entertained by the Governing Body.
RRB Level 1 Exam Pattern 2021: Document Verification
Based on the performance of candidates in the Written Exam(CBT) along with the Physical Efficiency Test(PET), candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.
In case of two or more candidates securing the same marks, their merit position, as per the RRB Group D Exam Pattern, shall be determined by age criteria i.e., older person shall be placed at higher merit and in case age being same, then alphabetical order (A to Z) of the name shall be taken into account to break the tie.
Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2021- FAQ’s
Q.When will RRB group D exam start?
A. The exam is scheduled to start from 2021.
Q. How many stages are their in RRB Group D Exam pattern
A. There are 3 stages in RRB Group D Exam pattern – CBT 1, PET Test and DV & Medical Examination
Q. What is the age limit for the RRB Group D exam?
A. Candidates should be between 18 to 33 years to be eligible for RRB Group D exam.
Q. When will I get an RRB Group D admit card?
A. RRB Group D admit card is issued to candidates four days before the exam.
Q. Is there any normalisation of marks?
A. Yes, normalisation of marks is done where the CBT is conducted in multiple sessions.