SBI PO Career: In this article let us discuss about the SBI PO career growth, promotion, salary, etc. The State Bank of India has announced a total of 2056 vacancies in the SBI PO 2021 notification. A lot of aspirants all over the country will compete for this job. The SBI PO career growth and salary will be exceptional. Hence, this job will be the ultimate dream for most of the banking aspirants. Starting from the probationary officer post, the SBI PO career path will have many promotional stages. Aspirants should know all these stages of their SBI PO career progression. Go through this page and know all info regarding the SBI PO career scope.
SBI PO 2021 Selection Process:
All starts from the probationary officer post in this recruitment. This selection process has 3 rounds:
- Interview (Or Interview & Group Exercises)
Candidates have to clear all the stages to obtain the provisional selection order. In your SBI PO career path, Probationary Officer is the starting stage.
SBI PO Career Path – Joining & Training
Here you can check the SBI PO career progression after the joining & training.
- The candidates selected as SBI PO shall be provided basic banking knowledge. It is done through the online course. Also, the course will be completed before joining.
- The selected candidates should have to execute a Bond for a value of 2.00 lac ( Two lac only) at the time of joining.
- The bond is executed to serve the Bank for a minimum period of three years. The Bond will be invoked by the Bank if the candidate resigns from the service of the Bank before the expiry of three years from the date of joining.
- On joining, the selected candidates will be designated as “Probationary Officers” and maybe on probation for two years.
- They will be subjected to continuous assessment, as per Bank’s extant policy, during the probation period.
- Those candidates who qualify in the assessment as per standards determined by the Bank from time to time will be confirmed in the Service of the Bank in Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMGS-I).
- If any candidate fails to achieve the minimum standards stipulated, his/ her services may be terminated as per the policy of the Bank in force at the material time.
- The SBI PO career scope has immense opportunities for growth in career, including opportunities for posting abroad.
- The attractive promotion policy of the Bank provides an opportunity for the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
Here we provide the SBI PO Salary details.
- Presently, the starting basic pay is Rs.41,960/- (with 4 advance increments).
- The salary structure is Rs.36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840 applicable to Junior
Management Grade Scale-I.
- The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical, and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
SBI PO Career Growth – Promotion Stages
Here is the SBI PO Career Path defining the promotion stages.
- Probationary Officer
- Assistant Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
- Chief General Manager
- Deputy Managing Director
- Managing Director
Here we have added some important FAQs regarding the SBI Probationary Officer career path & scope.
Q: Is SBI PO a good career option?
A: For the banking aspirants, SBI Probationary Officer is the best career option as it provides an excellent pay scale, allowances, perks, promotion, & growth opportunities.
Q: What is SBI PO salary?
A: The starting SBI PO basic pay is Rs.41,960/- (with 4 advance increments).
Q: Is SBI PO worth joining?
A: Of course, it is absolutely worth joining as the SBI PO career path has excellent career growth opportunities and benefits.
Q: What is the career growth of SBI PO?
A: The career growth will start from the PO cadre. After the various promotion stages, you can reach up to Chairman.