SBI PO Exam Time 2021: The State Bank of India has released the SBI PO 2021 notification. This Recruitment will have a stiff competition all over the nation. Some of the candidates would be trying for many years to crack this exam. While some of the candidates would be freshly applying for this notification. Here we have discussed in detail regarding the SBI PO exam timing 2021 for prelims and mains exams. Fresh candidates would have no idea about the SBI PO exam time 2021 for each section. Go through this article and know about the SBI PO exam time 2021. So that you can get some idea on how to approach each section in the prelims and mains exams.
SBI PO 2021 – Important Dates
Here are the important dates of the exam. Start your preparation now. Also, refer to the SBI PO exam time 2021 and know how to approach the prelims and mains.
|Online application start date||05th October 2021|
|Online application end date||25th October 2021|
|The download of call letters for the Online Preliminary Examination||1st / 2nd week November 2021 onwards|
|Online Preliminary Examination||November / December 2021|
|Result of Online Preliminary Examination||December 2021|
|The download of the Call Letter for the Online Main Examination||2nd / 3rd week December 2021 onwards|
|Conduct of Online Main Examination||December 2021|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||January 2022|
|The download of Call Letter for phase III||1st / 2nd week of February 2022 onwards|
|Conduct of Phase III – Interview (Or Interview & Group Exercises)||2nd/ 3rd week of February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result||February / March 2022|
|The download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||1st week of November 2021 onwards|
|Conduct Pre- Examination Training||2nd week of November 2021|
SBI PO Exam Time 2021
The SBI PO Exam Pattern 2021 will have a duration for each section. Refer to the SBI PO exam time 2021 in the pattern and know how to approach the exam in a smart manner.
SBI PO Exam Timings 2021 – Smart Approach for Prelims
The prelims exam pattern is given below. Two things to note is that:
- There is no sectional cut off.
- Aware of penalty marks (1/4th of marks assigned to the question will be deducted as a penalty if you mark the wrong answer).
|Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 mins|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 mins|
|English language||30||30||20 mins|
Prelims Approach for Reasoning Ability
- The SBI PO Exam timing 2021 for Reasoning in prelims – 20 minutes.
- Start off with easier topics in which you can maintain speed and accuracy.
- Attend the puzzles & seating questions after that.
- At last, attend the miscellaneous questions that you have left unanswered.
Prelims Approach for Quantitative Aptitude
- The SBI PO Exam time 2021 for Quants in prelims exam – 20 minutes.
- Finish the easier questions in quadratic equation, number series, and simplification topics. If you find any of the questions in these topics as time consuming or difficult, then skip them immediately.
- Then go for DI. Attend the easier question in the DI set. One or two questions in a DI set may be lengthy and calculative. You can skip that and do it at last.
- Then do the easier word problems.
- In the remaining time, you can try the leftover questions.
Prelims Approach for English Language
- The SBI PO Exam timing 2021 for English section in prelims exam – 20 minutes.
- Do the topics in which you are strong & confident. Don’t mark answers in fluke.
- Attend the Reading comprehension at last.
SBI PO Exam Timings 2021 – Smart Approach for Mains
The prelims exam pattern is given below. For this exam also, there is no sectional cut off. Penalty marks is applicable for wrong answers (1/4th of marks deducted for each wrong answer).
|Reasoning ability & computer aptitude||45||60||60 mins|
|Data analysis and interpretation||35||60||45 mins|
|General/ Economy/ Banking awareness||40||40||35 mins|
|English language||35||40||40 mins|
|Descriptive test: Letter and essay writing||2||50||30 mins|
Mains Approach for Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
- SBI PO exam time 2021 for Reasoning ability & computer aptitude in mains exam – 60 minutes.
- First, take a look at all the question in 2 to 3 minutes.
- Analyze the question level and mark the easy to medium level questions.
- Then attend those questions and try the remaining questions in the leftover time.
Mains Approach for Data Analysis & Interpretation
- SBI PO exam time limit for Data analysis & interpretation in mains exam – 45 minutes.
- Analyze all the questions in 2 to 3 minutes.
- You may not expect easier questions in the mains exam. So, do the medium level questions first.
- Then try the lengthy and calculative topics in which you are strong in concept wise.
Mains Approach for General / Economy / Banking Awareness
- SBI PO exam timing 2021 for general awareness section in mains – 35 minutes.
- Time may not be a concern for this section. But accuracy is very important.
- As per the recent trend, very in-depth questions are expected in current affairs part.
- So, prepare accordingly and maintain accuracy.
- The total number of questions in this section is 40. If the level of questions are in-depth and difficult, maintain the accuracy. At that level, it will be better even if your attempts are in the range of 20 to 25 with 100% accuracy.
Mains Approach for English Language & Descriptive Test
- SBI PO exam timing 2021 for English section in mains – 40 minutes.
- Like GA section, maintain accuracy even if your attempts are low. Don’t mark fluke answers.
- The SBI PO exam time duration for the descriptive test (typing mode) is 30 minutes. It will open after the completion of the 4 sections in objective test.
- Attend the letter writing and Essay topic that you know very well.