Dear Aspirants, Here we have given the Important SSC CGL Exam 2018 Practice Test Questions. Candidates those who are preparing for SSC CGL 2018 can practice these questions to get more confidence to Crack SSC CGL 2018 Examination.[WpProQuiz 4236]
1) _________ winds constantly blow in the same direction all around the world throughout the year.
a) Periodic winds
c) Planetary winds
d) Polar winds
2) What is called the speedy cold winds blowing from Uruguay side in the pampas region of Argentina?
3) Which type of permanent tissue helps the aquatic plants to float?
4) The US leads the latest rankings on World Economic Forum’s (WEF’s) global competitiveness rankings, 2018, followed by which of the nation?
5) Which of the following institution has emerged on the top of the ‘Young Innovators Programme YIP 2018, organized by IIT karagpur?
a) Kaanger Valley Academy, Raipur, Chattisgarh
b) The Crossword School from Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
c) Tarapore School, Jamshedpur
d) All of the above
6) Who has won a silver medal in the under-21 women’s singles category of the ITTF Challenge Belgium Open?
a) Anthony Amalraj
b) Sanil Shetty
c) Archana Kamath
d) Ayhika Mukherjee
7) Facebook recently announced to lunch of digital library. In these library which of the following language is not included?
8) Political parties registered under which of the following act to buy electoral bonds, according to the provisions of the Electoral Bond scheme notified in January this year?
a) Representation of the People Act, 1951
b) Representation of the People Act, 1954
c) Representation of the People Act, 1958
d) Representation of the People Act, 1955
9) With which country India has signed bilateral currency swap agreement worth USD 75 billion?
d) Sri lanka
10) Hydrogenation process is associated with which of the following?
d) Edible oil
11) Sunrises Industries are Industries ____________
a) Which small scale industries
b) Which have high growth potential and meet further requirements of the economy
c) Which improve export performance of the country
d) Which are well developed industries
12) In India, Grey revolution is associated with self dependence in the production of
a) Petroleum Production
b) Jute Production
d) Fish Production
13) P. Ramaswamy naicker is associated with which of the following movements?
a) Vaikom Movement
b) Justice Movement
c) Non alignment movement
d) Self Respect Movement
14) Kaieteur Falls is World famous falls which is situated in which of the following river?
15) Who has been appointed as Director General of Indo – Tibeten Border police (ITBP)?
a) S S Deswal
b) M S Mudra
c) P K Nair
d) Dev Kumar
1) Answer: c)
Planetary winds constantly blow in the same direction all around the world throughout the year from one latitude to the other. They are also called prevailing or permanent winds. Examples of Planetary winds are trade winds and the westerly winds.
2) Answer: b)
The pampero is a burst of cold polar air from the west, southwest or south on the pampas in the south of Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia.
3) Answer: c)
In aquatic plants, parenchyma has large air spaces to provide buoyancy to plants to help them float and exchange gases, it is called AERENCHYMA.
4) Answer: b)
The United States leads the latest rankings, followed by Singapore, Germany, Switzerland and Japan on the World Economic Forum’s (WEF’s) global competitiveness rankings, 2018.
5) Answer: a)
To make the younger generation more oriented towards scientific and technological innovations, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur organised a science and technology competition for students of class 8 to 10.
6) Answer: d)
Indian table tennis player Ayhika Mukherjee has won a silver medal in the under-21 women’s singles category of the ITTF Challenge Belgium Open.
7) Answer: c)
In a bid to train 3 lakh Indians in digital safety, Facebook on Monday announced the launch of the Digital Literacy Library – a collection of lessons in Bengali, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam.
8) Answer: a)
According to the provisions of the Electoral Bond scheme notified in January this year, these bonds could be purchased by a person who is a citizen of India or an entity incorporated or established in India. An individual can buy electoral bonds either singly or jointly with other individuals.
Only the political parties registered under Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 (43 of 1951) and which secured not less than one per cent of the votes polled in the previous Lok Sabha or Assembly election are eligible to receive the electoral bonds.
9) Answer: b)
India and Japan concluded a USD 75 billion bilateral currency swap agreement, a move that will help in bringing greater stability in foreign exchange and capital markets in the country. The agreement will further strengthen and widen the depth and diversity of economic cooperation between the two countries.
10) Answer: d)
11) Answer: b)
A sunrise industry is a new industry that is expanding rapidly (eg the telecom industry in the mid-1990s) and is expected to be increasingly important in the future.
12) Answer: c)
Grey revolution is associated with increased fertilizer production, which basically means its related to the mal affects of the green revolution of India.
13) Answer: d)
Erode Venkatappa Ramasamy (17 September 1879 – 24 December 1973), commonly known as Periyar, also referred to as Thanthai Periyar, was an Indian social activist, and politician who started the Self-Respect Movement and Dravidar Kazhagam.
14) Answer: c)
Kaieteur Falls is the world’s largest single drop waterfall by the volume of water flowing over it. Located on the Potaro River in the Kaieteur National Park.
15) Answer: a)
Senior IPS officer S S Deswal was appointed the chief of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).