Dear Aspirants, Here we have given the Important SSC CGL Exam 2018 Practice Test Questions. Candidates those who are preparing for SSC CGL 2018 can practice these questions to get more confidence to Crack SSC CGL 2018 Examination.[WpProQuiz 4173]
1) Which of the following is not correctly matched?
a) Chinook – North America
b) Khamsin – Egypt
c) Ghibli – Libya
d) Sirocco – Italy
2) Festival of Navaroz celebrated by which of the following Mughals?
3) What is the national bird of Singapore?
a) Baya Weaver
b) Green-billed Malkoha
c) Magpie Robin
d) Crimson Sunbird
4) Which type of electromagnetic radiation having a wavelength in the range of 10– 11 – 10 – 8?
a) Radio waves
b) X rays
c) Ultraviolet ray
d) Visible lights
5) Which of the following instrument is used to measure radioactivity?
c) Geiger counter
6) Every village Panchayat is divided into smaller areas. What are these areas called?
7) __________ is a document that lays the basic rules and regulations for people and the government in the country in the country to follow.
b) Rule Book
d) Yellow Book
8) India has been signed a pact with which of the following country for inland and coastal waterways connectivity?
a) Sri Lanka
9) Who has been won the first ever JCB prize for literature?
a) Vivek Shanbhag
b) Priyamvada Natarajan
d) Arshia Sattar
10) Which of the following state government has decided to ban the sale of glyphosate formulations?
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
11) Which of the city is the venue of the 5th edition of the Women of India National Organic Festival 2018?
c) New Delhi
12) World Development Information day 2018 is to be observed on which of the following date?
a) October 23
b) October 24
c) October 25
d) October 26
13) The cells of sclerenchyma tissue have their walls thickened due to which of the chemical substance?
14) More density of the particles in the medium through which sound travels creates more _________ and vice versa.
15) In HTML, __________ creates a place wherein one line of information can be typed
a) TYPE = ‘TEXT’
b) TYPE = “PASSWORD”
c) TYPE = “VOID”
d) TYPE = “NULL”
1) Answer: a)
Chinook winds, or simply Chinooks, are föhn winds in the interior West of North America.
Sirocco – A hot, dry, dusty wind that moves air from the Sahara into northern Africa and Italy.
Khamseen – The Sirocco in Egypt. It’s the word for 50. The wind is said to blow for 50 days.
Ghibli – The Sirocco in Libya.
2) Answer: a)
Navroz is New Year celebrations on March 21 every year for Parsis, followers of Zoroastrianism and various sects of Muslim, both Shias and Sunnis.
3) Answer: d)
The National bird of Singapore is Crimson Sunbird. It was declared on 31st October 2015 that Crimson Sunbird or Aethopyga siparaja is the official bird of Singapore.
4) Answer: b)
X-rays are electromagnetic waves with wavelengths in the range of 0.01 to 10 nanometers.
5) Answer: c)
A Geiger counter is an instrument used for detecting and measuring ionizing radiation. Also known as a Geiger-Mueller counter (or Geiger-Müller counter), it is widely used in applications such as radiation dosimetry, radiological protection, experimental physics, and the nuclear industry.
6) Answer: b)
Every village Panchayat is divided into smaller areas called wards. From each ward, a representative known as the Ward Member or Panch is elected. The Ward Panchs and the Sarpanch form the Gram Panchayat which is elected for five years.
7) Answer: c)
A constitution is a set of fundamental principles or established precedents according to which a state or other organization is governed.
8) Answer: d)
India and Bangladesh signed several milestone agreements, for enhancing inland and coastal waterways connectivity between the two countries for trade and cruise movements.
9) Answer: c)
Malayalam author Benyamin has bagged the inaugural JCB Prize for literature for his book ‘Jasmine Days’, which explores the lives of South Asians in the Middle East.
10) Answer: c)
11) Answer: c)
Union minister Maneka Gandhi has inaugurated the fifth edition of the Women of India National Organic Festival at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA). The festival is aimed at boosting organic culture and promoting women organic farmers and entrepreneurs in New Delhi.
12) Answer: b)
The United Nations celebrates World Development Information Day every year on 24 October, marking the importance of the dissemination of information among masses.
13) Answer: d)
Sclerenchyma, in plants, supports tissue composed of any of various kinds of hard woody cells. Mature sclerenchyma cells are usually dead cells that have heavily thickened secondary walls containing lignin.
14) Answer: d)
The disturbance created by a source of sound in the medium travels through the medium and not the particles of the medium. This is what happens during propagation of sound in a medium, hence sound can be visualized as a wave. More density of the particles in the medium gives more pressure and vice versa.
15) Answer: a)
Text Input. <input type=”text”> defines a one-line input field for text input.