Dear Aspirants, Here we have given the Important SSC CGL Exams 2018 Practice Test Papers. Candidates, those who are preparing for SSC CGL Exams 2018 can practice these questions to get more confidence to Crack SSC CGL Exams 2018 Examination.
Direction (1 – 3): In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
1) The government has banned the sale of olyphosate a herbicide which is extensively using in the state.
a) The government has banned
b) The sale of olyphosate
c) A herbicide which is extensively using in the state
d) No error
2) The South Eastern Railway set up a committee to investigate into the circumstances.
a) The South Eastern Railway
b) Set up a committee
c) To investigate into
d) The circumstances.
3) The office comprises of many air-conditioned rooms
a) The office
b) Comprises of
c) Many air-conditioned rooms
d) No error
4) Financial companies were developed to keep people’s money safe (a)/and to woke it available (b)/when they need it.
a) Financial companies were developed to keep people’s money safe
b) And to woke it available
c) When they need it.
d) No error
Direction (5 – 8): In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
5) When Indians from the south move north, they find certain aspects of life quite ………………from their own.
6) Of the total infected people, 125 have been …………………… after treatment.
7) During the winter many deer become———and die because of a food shortage.
8) Though fictional, the story of shylock is not entirely removed——— venation reality.
Direction (9 – 10): In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select “No improvement”.
9) The police said they will encourage group reservation to help spread out devotes.
a) Said that they would
b) Told that they will
c) Said they would
d) No improvement
10) The Victorian Era noted the end of human dependence on religion.
d) No improvement
(11-12): Directions In each of the questions a word has been used in the sentence in four different ways. Choose the options corresponding to the sentence in which the usage of the word is incorrect or inappropriate.
(a) She really enjoys eating out.
(b) Eat out your vegetables.
(c) The journalist had to eat up his words when the true story comes out.
(d) We won’t let in tonight.
(a) The rumour’s will soon die sown.
(b) Sadly this tradition died out in early 1800.
(c) The strong colours will die out with washing.
(d) As we moved away from the sea, she sounds of the waves died down.
Direction (13-15): – In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
13) The idioms “an arm and a leg” means-
(a) A lot of money
(c) Old enough
(d) Plenty of clothes
14) To emerge out of thin air means.
(a) Appear suddenly
(b) Descend gradually
(c) Enter from space.
15) Idioms “To pick holes” means
a) To criticize someone
b) To find some reason to fight
c) To destroy something
d) To cut some part of an item.
1) Answer: c)
‘Used’ should be written instead of ‘using’ because sentence should be in the passive.
2) Answer: c)
‘Into’ should not be used after investigate.
3) Answer: b)
Only use “comprises” as comprises itself means “consist of”.
4) Answer: b)
Remove ‘to’ as when tow infinitives are connected by and or but, then ‘to’ remains in hidden from
5) Answer: c)
Use of ‘different’ is proper here because it means “not same” which suitable according to sense of sentence is.
6) Answer: b)
Use of conscientious in proper here which means taking care to do thing correctly and it gives a proper sense here.
7) Answer: d)
Emancipated means free from slavery enunciated means utter/pronounce words in an articulate manner, elevated means “raised up” emaciated means growing thin due to starvation in the correct options.
8) Answer: c)
Correct preposition removed means to take something away from and is succeeded by preposition ‘from’.
9) Answer: a)
For changing direct into indirect speech we change reporting verb into asked/enquired of.
10) Answer: a)
Giving a particular quality or character is meant by marked and not by noted.
11) Answer: d)
Sol: Eat up your vegetables.
12) Answer: c)
Colours fade and don’t die out
13) Answer: a)
“An arm and a leg” means a lot of money.
14) Answer: a)
Out of thin air means appearing suddenly.
15) Answer: a)
“To pick holes” means to criticize someone.