Dear Aspirants, Here we have given the Important SSC CGL Exam 2018 Practice Test Papers. Candidates those who are preparing for SSC CGL 2018 can practice these questions to get more confidence to Crack SSC CGL 2018 Examination.[WpProQuiz 3107]
Click “Start Quiz” to attend these Questions and view ‘Explanation
1) Cream separator works on the principle of__________
a) Centrifugal force
b) Centripetal force
c) Moment of force
d) Both a and b
2) The Candle converts _____ energy into heat energy
3) Hydraulic brake works on the basis of_________
a) Newton’s law
b) Pascal law
c) Kirchoff’s law
d) None of the above.
4) The name electron was coined by_________
a) J.J. Thomson
d) None of the above
5) According to Rutherford, the radius of an atom is___________
a) 10^-8 cm
b) 10^-12 cm
c) 10^-10 cm
d) 10^-16 cm
6) Oxidation is the process of____________
a) Addition of oxygen
b) Removal of hydrogen
c) Addition of electronegative element
d) All the above.
7) Which of the following is a characteristic of acid?
a) Acid turns blue litmus red
b) It contains irreplaceable hydrogen
c) It can accept electron
d) It can donate a electron
8) Who discovered vaccine for small pox?
b) Edward Jenner
9) What is the rank of India in Global Peace Index 2018?
10) The International Day of Tropics is observed on_________
a) June 29
b) June 30
c) June 28
d) None of the above
1). Answer: a)
Cream separator works on the principle of Centrifugal force.
2). Answer: d)
The Candle converts Chemical energy into heat energy.
3). Answer: b)
Hydraulic brake works on the basis of Pascal law.
4). Answer: c)
The name electron was given by George Johnstone Stoney.
5). Answer: a)
6). Oxidation is the process of either of the following.
- Addition of oxygen
- Removal of hydrogen
- Addition of electronegative element
- Reduction of electropositive element
7). Answer: b)
8). Answer: b)
Edward Jenner was an English physician and scientist who was the pioneer of smallpox vaccine, the world’s first vaccine. The terms “vaccine” and “vaccination” are derived from Variolae vaccinae (smallpox of the cow), the term devised by Jenner to denote cowpox. He used it in 1796 in the long title of his Inquiry into the Variolae vaccinae known as the Cow Pox, in which he described the protective effect of cowpox against smallpox.
9). Answer: c)
India has moved up four places to the 137th rank among 163 countries on the 20178 Global Peace Index.
10. Answer: a)
The United Nations General Assembly adopted resolution A/RES/70/267 on 14 June 2016, which declared that 29 June of each year is to be observed as the International Day of the Tropics.