This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) What are the mottos of the ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan’ Campaign as mentioned by the Defence Minister recently?
(a) Make in India
(b) Make for the World
(c) Make for the Society
(d) Both A & B
2) Ukhnaa Khurelsukh, the former Prime Minister of Mongolia,has now elected as the President. He became the ________________ President of Mongolia.
3) Choguel Kokalla Maiga has been elected as the Prime Minister of Mali,who had a meet with Mali’s President. Name the transitional President of Mali.
(a) Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
(b) Bah Ndaw
(c) Amadou Sanogo
(d) Assimi Goita
4) As per the Economist Intelligence Unit Survey, Auckland has been named as the world’s most liveable city. The survey was conducted in how many cities?
5) Which country has become the first in the world to adopt Bitcoin as a legal tender after being voted overwhelmingly in favor of the law?
(b) El Salvador
6) Punjab became the first state to introduce Electronic Identity Cards for their officers/employees. This eID works with which of the following Technology?
(c) Finger Print
(d) Face Recognition
7) The Appointments committee of the cabinet has extended the tenure of LIC Chairman M R Kumar to how many months?
(a) 12 Months
(b) 3 Months
(c) 9 Months
(d) 5 Months
8) The Secretary General of UN Security Council, Antonio Guterres has been recommended for the 2nd term in a recent Meeting. How many Member nationsheld the UNSC meeting?
9) What edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrolwas recently conducted between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy in Andaman Sea?
10) CRICURU, an experiential learning app has been launched by which of the following Star Cricketer?
(a) Kapil Dev
(b) Sachin Tendulkar
(c) Mahindra Singh Dhoni
(d) Virender Sehwag
11) Which of the following IIT institute has developed nano-fibre based controlled-release oral tablets of Amphotericin B to treat fungal infections arising out of COVID-19?
(a) IIT Kanpur
(b) IIT Hyderabad
(c) IIT Kharagpur
(d) IIT New Delhi
12) As per the Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2021, IISc Bangalore has topped among the Indian universities. What is the rank of IISc Bangalore?
13) “Skill it, Kill it” is a book authored by Ronnie Screwvala and published by Penguin Random House.What is Ronnie Screwvala’s profession?
(a) Film producer
14) What is the position of Women’s team in the recently released International Hockey Federation world rankings 2021?
1) Answer: D
The motto of ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan’ is ‘Make in India’ and ‘Make for the World’, Defence Minister mentioned, adding that the campaign envisages the defence sector to play a major role in India’s economic growth and focuses on manufacturing cost-effective quality products for India and for the world.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh mentioned several procedural reforms undertaken by the Government, have transformed the defence industry to meet domestic as well as global demand.
The motto of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan is Make in India and Make for the World.
2) Answer: A
Former Mongolian Prime Minister Ukhnaa Khurelsukh became the country’s sixth democratically elected president, further consolidating the power of the ruling Mongolian People’s Party (MPP) with a landslide victory.
Khurelsukh, who was forced to resign as prime minister after protests earlier this year, comfortably defeated Sodnomzundui Erdene of the opposition Democratic Party and Dangaasuren Enkhbat of the Right Person Electorate Coalition in a national vote.
3) Answer: D
Malian transitional president Assimi Goita meets with Choguel Kokalla Maiga after Goita’s swearing in ceremony in Bamako, Mali.
The president of the Strategic Committee of the Movement of June 5-Rally of Patriotic Forces, Choguel Kokalla Maiga, was appointed Mali’s transitional prime minister by Malian transitional president Assimi Goita, the Malian presidency.
4) Answer: C
Auckland in New Zealand has been named the world’s most liveable city, in an annual ranking that has been shifted by the corona virus pandemic.
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) survey ranked 140 cities on factors including stability, infrastructure, education and access to healthcare. Auckland in New Zealand has been named the world’s most liveable city, in an annual ranking that has been shifted by the coronavirus pandemic.
5) Answer: B
El Salvador will adopt Bitcoin as a legal tender in the country, becoming the first in the world to formally embrace the volatile cryptocurrency.
6) Answer: A
Electronic Identity Cards (eIDs) have been introduced in numerous countries. Punjab Government has also initiated the usage of eIDs equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for their officers/employees through one of its prominent entities viz.Punjab Mandi Board.
These eIDs are equipped with NFC technology-a standard-based wireless communication technology, allows data exchange between devices that are a few centimeters apart and will be used as a primary authentication tool. The NFC operates at 13.66 MHz and transfers data at up to 424 Kbits/ seconds.
7) Answer: C
The appointments committee of the cabinet approved the extension of M R Kumar as the chairman of state-owned insurance behemoth Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
Kumar’s term as LIC chairman was supposed to end on June 30, 2021, but Centre extended his term by almost nine more months till March 13, 2022.
8) Answer: A
The UN Security Council recommended Secretary General Antonio Guterres for a second five-year term as chief of the world organization beginning January 1, 2022.
The 15-nation Council held a closed meeting where it unanimously adopted a resolution recommending Guterres’ name to the 193-member General Assembly for a second term as Secretary General.
Former Prime Minister of Portugal, Guterres served as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees for a decade from June 2005 to December 2015.
9) Answer: D
From 09 to 11 June 2021,the three day coordinated patrol between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy was conducted.
It was the 31st edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) in the Andaman Sea.
The Indian Navy’s offshore patrol vessel INS Saryu and Thai ship Krabi along with Dornier maritime patrol aircraft from both navies.
10) Answer: D
India’s star cricketer and opener Virender Sehwag has launched CRICURU, an experiential learning app.
The app is available on both iOS and Android devices.It can be accessed at www.cricuru.com
CRICURU is designed to help youngsters learn playing cricket through master classes of 30 handpicked player-coaches from across the globe like AB de Villiers, Brett Lee, Brian Lara, Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Jonty Rhodes.
11) Answer: B
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad has developed nano-fibre based controlled-release oral tablets of Amphotericin B (AmB)
The oral tablets used in the treatment of kala-azar or black fever have come to the aid of black fungus patients. In 2019, researchers from IIT- H’s Creative and Advanced Research Based on Nanomaterials (CARBON) lab reported using gelatin nanofibers to manufacture Amphotericin B in a sustained-release tablet form.
12) Answer: C
On June 02, 2021, in the top 100 list of Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Rankings 2021 Released. In that, three Indian universities secured positions in the top 100 list.
IISc Bangalore, IIT Ropar and IIT Indore have secured ranks among the top 100 universities in Asia. IISc Bangalore ranked at 37th position. It was the highest ranked university from India for the seventh year in a row.
The other two Universities are Indian Institute of Technology Ropar ranked 55th Position and Indian Institute of Technology Indore 78th Position. Tsinghua University, China has gained the first position in the Asia university rankings 2021 Followed by China’s Peking University.
13) Answer: A
Film producer Ronnie Screwvala authored a book titled skill it,kill it.The Book published by Penguin Random House in July 2021.
About the Book:
- The Book deals with Ronnie Screwvala’s stories, failures, and Personal learnings.
- It will give an insider’s view of the ‘invisible’ skills sought and rewarded by global businesses, top recruiters and leading CEOs.
14) Answer: D
The latest International Hockey Federation world rankings 2021, In Hockey, Indian men’s team maintained their fourth position while women’s team held ninth position.