This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) What is the 2021 theme of International Albinism Awareness Day, observed every year on June 13?
(a) Still Standing Strong
(b) Made To Shine
(c) Strength Beyond All Odds
(d) Advancing with renewed hope
2) The World Blood Donor Day is observed every year on June 14. In which of the following year, the day was observed first?
3) As per the report of All India Survey on Higher Education 2019-20, how much percentage has raised in the female student enrolmentin higher education during the period?
4) By replacing Benjamin Netanyahu, Naftali Bennett has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Israel. He tends to be ____________ Prime Minister of Israel.
5) Henri Marie Dondra has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Central African Republic. He served as a former ______________ Minister of CAR.
6) Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan has been launched by the Madhya Pradesh state government to make the state free from corona with the help of a youth power campaign. What is the position of Madhya Pradesh in terms of corona infection?
7) India’s foreign exchange reserves have reached $605 billionand became the fourth largest reserve holder in the world along with which among the following country?
(b) Saudi Arabia
8) ‘Medicines from the Sky’ project has been launched for drone deliveries of medical supplies to remote areas of which of following state with the help of Flipkart?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
9) Anand Mohan Bajaj has been appointed as the Member of the Board of which of the following organization?
10) Dr Mukesh Sharma has been appointed as an honorary member of WHO’s Global Air Pollution and Health Technical Advisory Group. He is a professor of which of the following IIT?
(a) IIT Madras
(b) IIT Kharagpur
(c) IIT Bombay
(d) IIT Kanpur
11) A first woman and Central American,Rebecca Grynspan has been appointed as the head of which of the following Organisation?
12) Mylab Discovery Solutions has appointed Akshay Kumar as its new brand ambassador. What is the name of COVID-19 self-test kit introduced by the biotech company?
13) The Ministry of Ayush has recently launched which of the following mobile Application on the 7th International Day of Yoga virtually?
(a) Dhanyavad Yoga
(c) Achcha Yoga
(d) Namaste Yoga
14) Barbora Krejciková has won the Women’s Singles Title in The French Open Tennis Tournament 2021.She belongs to which among the following country?
(a) Czech Republic
15) An Asian game Bronze Medalist, Surat Singh Mathur has passed away recently. He belonged to which among the following sports?
16) A Padma Shri awardee, Dr Ashok Panagariya has passed away recently. He was specialized in which among the following field?
17) A noted Poet and Activist, Siddalingaiah has passed away recently. He was specialized in which language?
1) Answer: C
International Albinism Awareness Day is celebrated annually on June 13 to celebrate the human rights of persons with albinism worldwide.
The theme of the day this year is StrengthBeyondAllOdds
This day is marked to raise and create awareness among people about albinism and the human rights of people with albinism.
2) Answer: A
World Blood Donor Day (WBDD) is held on June 14 each year. For 2021, the World Blood Donor Day theme will be “Give blood and keep the world beating”.
The event was organized for the first time in 2005, by a joint initiative of the World Health Organization, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products, and to thank blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.
3) Answer: D
Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced the release of the report of All India Survey on Higher Education 2019-20.
This Report provides key performance indicators on the current status of Higher education in the country. Shri Pokhriyal noted that in the last five years from 2015-16 to 2019-20, there has been a growth of 11.4% in the student enrolment.
The rise in female enrolment in higher education during the period is 18.2%.
4) Answer: B
Naftali Bennett, the 49-year-old leader of the right-wing Yamina party, took oath of office after the Knesset (Parliament) elected him as the 13th Prime Minister of Israel by approval with a razor-thin majority of 60-59 in the 120-member house. His government has 27 ministers, nine of them women.
5) Answer: A
Henri Marie Dondra has been named prime minister of the Central African Republic (CAR).
The appointment of the former finance minister came a day after former Prime Minister Firmin Ngrebada
announced his resignation and that of his government following legislative elections.
6) Answer: D
In Madhya Pradesh, ‘Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan’ means free from corona with the help of a youth power campaign will be launched to make people aware about the COVID pandemic.
Madhya Pradesh is now at number 26 in the country in terms of corona infection.
In the Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan, college teachers and around 16 lakh students will be made aware of corona infection by learning Covid appropriate behavior and vaccination.
This campaign will be run by the Higher Education and Technical Education Department in collaboration with the Public Health and Family Welfare Department. A mobile app has also been developed for effective real time online monitoring of the campaign.
7) Answer: C
India’s foreign exchange reserves crossed $600 for the first time. As on June 4, the foreign exchange reserves stood at $605 billion, almost tying with Russia as the fourth largest reserve holder in the world.
8) Answer: D
E-commerce firm Flipkart has partnered with the Telangana government to lead a consortium tasked with the development and execution of drone deliveries of medical supplies to remote areas under the ‘Medicines from the Sky’ project.
Flipkart will utilize learnings from its tech-enabled supply chain to deploy drones and enable deliveries of medical supplies.
9) Answer: B
The Centre has appointed Anand Mohan Bajaj, Additional Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) as Member of the Board of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), which is the capital markets as well as commodity derivatives market regulator.
10) Answer: D
Dr Mukesh Sharma, a professor who is an air quality expert with the civil engineering department of IIT-Kanpur, has been appointed as an honorary member of WHO’s Global Air Pollution and Health Technical Advisory Group (GAPH-TAG).
Sharma has been associated with WHO, Geneva, International Council for Clean Transport, Clean Air Asia United National Environmental Program, Bangkok, and the World Bank.
11) Answer: B
The UN General Assembly approved the nomination of Costa Rican economist Rebecca Grynspan to head the UN agency promoting trade and development, the first woman and Central American to lead the Geneva-based organisation.
Ms Grynspan is the first woman and central American to head the global body that deals with trade, investment and development issues.
12) Answer: D
Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar has been appointed as the new brand ambassador of biotechnology company Mylab Discovery Solutions.
The partnership with Akshay is aimed at creating awareness for Mylab’s products and kits such as CoviSelf and also to share educational content, according to the firm.
On May 20, 201, MyLab Discovery Solutions had launched CoviSelf after receiving approval from the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR).
13) Answer: D
On June 11, 2021, a mobile application called ‘Namaste Yoga’ Launched by the Ministry of Ayush .
The Ministry of Ayush organised a curtain raiser event for the 7th International Day of Yoga, virtually.
The event was organised by the Ministry of Ayush in association with Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY).Raise Awareness about yoga and make it accessible for the larger community.
Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar and Union Minister of State (IC) for Ayush Shri Kiren Rijiju underlined the importance of the central theme of IDY 2021 “Be With Yoga, Be At Home” .
14) Answer: A
Novak Djokovic and Barbora Krejcikova win in The French Open Tennis Tournament 2021.
List of Winners in French Open Tennis Title 2021 :
- Men’s Singles- Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Women’s Singles- Barbora Krejčíková (Czech Republic)
- Men’s Doubles- Pierre-Hugues Herbert (France) and Nicolas Mahut (France)
- Women’s Doubles- Barbora Krejčíková (Czech Republic) and Kateřina Siniaková (Czech Republic)
- Mixed Doubles- Desirae Krawczyk (United States) and Joe Salisbury (United Kingdom)
15) Answer: C
On June 11, 2021, India’s 1951 Asian Games marathon bronze medal winner and 1952 Olympian Surat Singh Mathur Passed away.He was 90.
Surat Singh Mathur was born in the Mohammadpur Majri village (Karala) of Delhi.Mathur became a special coach in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi in 1977.
16) Answer: B
On June 11, 2021, Noted neurologist and Padma Shri recipient Dr Ashok Panagariya Passed away. He was 71.
Dr Pangariya was the first Indian doctor to become DM in Neurology.He was known for his research on nerve cells and neuromyotonia.
17) Answer: D
On June 11, 2021, Noted Kannada poet, playwright and Dalit activist, Siddalingaiah Passed away. He was 67.
Siddalingaiah was one of the founders of the Dalita Sangharsh Samiti. He was the chairman of the Kannada Development Authority in 2006.
He had also served as the member of the Karnataka Legislative Council and Chairman of the Kannada Development Authority.
Siddalingaiah was one of Karnataka’s first prominent Dalit poets, and was popularly known as “Dalita Kavi”.