This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) What is the 2021 theme of the World Day Against Child Labour, celebrated every year on June 12?
(a) Act now: End child labour
(b) Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams
(c) Generation Safe & Healthy
(d) In conflicts and disasters, protect children from child labour
2) The ‘Koita Centre for Digital Health’ has been launched by which of the following IIT institute with the contribution from its alumni Rekha and Rizwan Koita?
(a) IIT Delhi
(b) IIT Madras
(c) IIT Kanpur
(d) IIT Bombay
3) India’s Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla has released a new postage stamp inorder to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations with which of the following country?
(a) South Africa
4) Indian mango promotion programme was held in Bahrain where 16 varieties of mango have been displayed. These Mangoes are sourced from farmers of which parts of India?
(a) Bihar & Tamil Nadu
(b) Goa & West Bengal
(c) Goa & Kerala
(d) West Bengal & Bihar
5) Mukhyamantri Sishu Sewa Achoni scheme has been launched by which of the following state to provide relief to children who have lost their parents due to Covid-19?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
6) Benedetto Vigna has been appointed as the new CEO of Ferrari. Ferrari is _________ based company.
7) Debbie Hewitt has become the first female chairperson of which among the following association by succeeding Peter McCormick?
(a) Football Association
(b) Tennis Association
8) Kedar Lele has been appointed as the executive director for customer development by Hindustan Unilever Limited. He is currently working as the CMD of Unilever in which of the following Country?
9) The President-elect of the 76th session of the UN General Assembly,Abdulla Shahid has appointed which country’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador K Nagaraj Naidu, as his Chef de Cabinet?
(a) Saudi Arabia
10) The first edition of the 2 day Arab-India Energy Forum was held virtually. It was held under the co-chairship of India along with which nation?
11) ‘PRANA’, a portable critical care ventilator, has been launched by ISRO along with two other ventilator to transfer the technology to industry for clinical usage. What is N in PRANA?
12) ‘Home in the World’ is a book authored by Amartya Sen. He has received the France’s Highest Civilian Award Legion of Honour in which of the following year?
13) Radha Mohan from Odisha has passed away recently. Hewas well – known ___________.
1) Answer: A
The World Day Against Child Labour on June 12 is an International Labour Organization-sanctioned holiday first launched in 2002 aiming to raise awareness and activism to prevent child labour.
The theme of this year’s World Day Against Child Labour is “Act now: End child labour.
The day is used to spread awareness about the harmful mental and physical problems faced by children forced into child labour, all over the world.
2) Answer: D
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has launched its new Centre for Digital Heath – the first-of-its-kind in India.
The ‘Koita Centre for Digital Health’ (KCDH) was launched with a generous contribution received from its alumni Rekha and Rizwan Koita, under the aegis of the Koita Foundation.
KCDH will be the first of its kind in India, focussed on driving academic programmes, research and industry collaboration in Digital Health.
3) Answer: B
India attended the G7 summit as a guest country along with Australia, South Africa and South Korea.
All four countries are seen as critical partners of the G7 (the US, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, UK and Japan).
The focus is one way and another pandemic – through fighting for the recovery of health and also of economic health.
A new postage stamp has been released to mark the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Germany.
4) Answer: D
A week-long Indian mango promotion programme began in Bahrain where 16 varieties of the fruit, including the three Geographical Indication(GI) certified ‘Khirsapati’ and ‘Lakshman Bhog’ from West Bengal and Zardalu from Bihar are being displayed.
“The varieties of mangoes are currently being sold through 13 stores of the group in Bahrain.
The mangoes were sourced from farmers in Bengal and Bihar by Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export and Development Authority (APEDA)-registered exporter”.
5) Answer: C
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced the Mukhyamantri Sishu Sewa Achoni scheme which will provide relief to children who have lost their parents due to Covid-19.
As per this scheme, those children who have lost both their parents and are being looked after by their extended family members will be entitled to Rs 3,500 financial aid per month.
Children below the age of 10 years without any family support will be provided shelter at child care institutions. They will have access to the required education facilities.
6) Answer: D
Ferrari has appointed technology executive Benedetto Vigna as its new CEO, as the Italian company begins its move towards electrification.
He will join Ferrari on September 1, 2021, following the departure of previous CEO Louis Camilleri back in December last year.
7) Answer: A
The Football Association (FA) has officially confirmed the nomination of Debbie Hewitt to become the organization’s new chairperson.
From January 2022, Hewitt is set to become the FA’s first female chair as the permanent successor to Greg Clarke, who stood down in November 2020 following offensive remarks made at a hearing of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Select Committee.
8) Answer: D
Hindustan Unilever Limited has announced the appointment of Kedar Lele, currently chairman and managing director Unilever Bangladesh, to the HUL Management Committee as executive director, customer development with effect from July 1, 2021.
Lele takes over from Srinandan Sundaram who will move into his new role as executive director, foods and refreshment.
9) Answer: B
Maldivian Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid, President-elect of the 76th session of the UN General Assembly, has appointed India’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador, K Nagaraj Naidu, as his Chef de Cabinet.
Shahid was overwhelmingly elected on June 7 as President of the next session of the UN General Assembly that will commence in September.
10) Answer: C
From June 08 to June 09, 2021, the first edition of the 2 day Arab-India Energy Forum was held Virtually. It was under the co-chairship of India and the Kingdom of Morocco.
The forum witnessed exchange of knowledge, expertise and best practices in the fields of energy efficiency programmes for different economic sectors, accelerated development of new and renewable energy, fostering regional power-sharing arrangements, enhanced oil recovery, tight gas extraction and safe nuclear power generation etc.
11) Answer: D
The Indian Space Research Organisation has developed three types of ventilators, and has come forward to transfer the technology to industry for clinical usage as the country battles the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic.
It is a low-cost and portable critical care ventilator, ‘PRANA’ (“Programmable Respiratory Assistance for the Needy Aid’) is based on the automated compression of an AMBU (Artificial Manual Breathing unit) bag.
The ICU grade positive pressure mechanical ventilator is titled ‘VaU’ (abbreviation of Ventilation assist Unit). Gas-powered ventilator ‘Space Ventilator Aided System for Trauma Assistance (SVASTA).
12) Answer: D
Nobel laureate Amartya Sen authored a book titled Home in the World. The book will be published in July by Penguin Random House.
In the Book Sen shares details from his life and explores the idea of ‘home’. From growing up in Dhaka, Bangladesh to being raised by his grandparents and parents in Santiniketan.
In 2006, Time magazine listed him under “60 years of Asian Heroes” and in 2010 included him in their “100 most influential persons in the world. In 2002, he received USA’s National Humanities Medal.
He also received France’s Highest Civilian Award Legion of Honour in 2013.
13) Answer: C
On June 11, 2021, Padma Shri awardee environmentalist and Odisha’s former information commissioner Professor Radha Mohan Passed away. He was 78.
Radha Mohan Born in 1943 in Nayagarh, Odisha. He was appointed the State Information Commissioner.