This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought has been observed every year on June 17. What is the theme for the day in 2021?
(b) Restoration. Land. Recovery
(c) Land has true value. Invest in it
(d) Protect Earth. Restore Land
2) During the 5th edition of global tech event “VivaTech” Narendra Modi has invited the world to invest in India. The Viva Tech is a largest Digital start-up events, held in which place?
(a) New Delhi
3) The Minister for tribal affairs Arjun Munda has launched the ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi’ initiative in New Delhi.He inaugurated how many Tribes of India outletsin Ranchi?
4) Recently,five nations were elected as the non-permanent members for UN Security Council. Which among the following nationswere not electedas non-permanent members?
5) Which of the following state government has set to launch Vedic Education and Sanskar Board to revive the knowledge of Sanskrit scriptures and Vedas?
(b) Tamil Nadu
6) Which Social Media Giant has launched ‘Report it, don’t share it’ campaign in collaboration with Aarambh India Initiative and few others to keep children safe on the internet?
(b) You Tube
(c) Whats App
7) Ajay Simha has been appointed as the marketing director of which among the following Brand?
(b) Mama Earth
8) Microsoft has given an additional role to its CEO Satya Nadella. What is his additional role?
(a) Board Director
(b) Board Member
9) The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways has signed an MOU with Ministry of Culture and Tourism for Cooperation in Development of National Maritime Heritage Complex in which of the following State/ UT?
10) Which among the following has planned to launch the“WISA Woodsat”, the world’s first wooden satellite by the end of 2021?
(a) The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
(b) Indian Space and Research Organisation
(c) German Space Agency
(d) The European Space Agency
11) A human space flight,Shenzhou-12has been launched from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China. What is the meaning of Shenzhou-12?
(a) Patriotic Vessel
(c) Divine Vessel
12) Yantai Institute of Coastal Zone Research along with IIT Kharagpur have developed a technique that can detect the formation of cyclones in the North Indian Ocean region. The Yantai Institute of Coastal Zone Research is located in which Country?
1) Answer: B
The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is a United Nations observance celebrated each year on 17 June. The theme of World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought 2021 is “Restoration. Land. Recovery”
Its purpose is to raise awareness of the presence of desertification and drought, highlighting methods of preventing desertification and recovering from drought.
2) Answer: D
PM Narendra Modi invited the world to invest in India while addressing the 5th edition of global tech event VivaTech via video conferencing.
VivaTech is one of the largest digital and startup events in Europe, held in Paris every year since 2016.
India is committed to digital partnerships including collaborations within startup ecosystems and quantum technology with France and other European countries.
3) Answer: A
The ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi’ initiative, also known as ‘Mission Van Dhan’, was introduced by the central government in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s aim to establish a sustainable livelihood for India’s tribal population.
The initiative was launched in New Delhi by the Union minister for tribal affairs Arjun Munda. The launch event also witnessed the inauguration of several other programmes, including the new premises of the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) headquarters. Union minister Munda also inaugurated 7 more Tribes of India outlets, two in Jagdalpur, three in Ranchi, one in Jamshedpur, and one at Sarnath.
4) Answer: D
Albania, Brazil, Gabon, Ghana and the United Arab Emirates were elected unopposed to the powerful UN Security Council as non-permanent members for the 2022-23 term.
The 193-member UN General Assembly held elections to elect five non-permanent members who will take their seats on the 15-nation Council for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2022.
5) Answer: D
The Rajasthan government will soon set up a Vedic Education and Sanskar Board to revive the knowledge of Sanskrit scriptures and Vedas. The board is likely to be formed in the next four to five months.
Vedic board would come into function after approval from Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
6) Answer: D
Facebook has kicked off a new initiative to keep children safe on the internet.
The ‘Report it, don’t share it’ campaign is being helmed by the social media giant in collaboration with Aarambh India Initiative, Cyber Peace Foundation, and Arpan.
The main idea behind the initiative, is to encourage people to report abusive or harmful content, and not share it.
7) Answer: C
Nivea India announced the appointment of Ajay Simha as the marketing director.
Before taking over as marketing director, Nivea India, Simha was responsible for the Nivea body care and cleansing and baby care portfolio across the Middle East and North Africa.
8) Answer: D
Microsoft named its chief executive officer Satya Nadella as board chairman, an additional role in which he will lead the work to set the agenda for the board.
Microsoft Corp announced that the board’s independent directors unanimously elected Nadella to the role of board chair, and unanimously elected John W Thompson as the lead independent director, a role he held previously from 2012 to 2014.
9) Answer: B
An MoU has been signed between the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Ministry of Culture and Tourism for Cooperation in Development of National Maritime Heritage Complex at Lothal in Gujarat.
This complex would be dedicated to the legacy of maritime heritage to showcase India’s rich and diverse maritime glory.
10) Answer: D
The European Space Agency (ESA) has planned to launch the world’s first wooden satellite, WISA Woodsat, on Earth’s orbit by the end of 2021.
It will be launched with a Rocket Lab Electron rocket from the Mahia Peninsula launch complex in New Zealand.
The satellite, designed and built in Finland.It will orbit at around 500-600 km altitude in a roughly polar Sun-synchronous orbit. It is built up from standardised boxes and surface panels made from plywood.
11) Answer: C
The Shenzhou 12 mission launched from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China.
China successfully launched the first three men crew to its new space station in its first crewed mission in five years.
A Chinese spacecraft will blast off from the Gobi Desert on a Long March rocket in the coming days, ferrying three men onboard.Shenzhou-12, meaning ‘Divine Vessel’.
12) Answer: B
Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and Yantai Institute of Coastal Zone Research in China have developed a technique that can detect the formation of cyclones in the North Indian Ocean region.
The study was conducted under the Climate Change Program with support from the Centre’s Department of Science and Technology.
The research team analysed four post-monsoon severe cyclones that developed over the North Indian Ocean, came out with a threshold value of a parameter called Okubo-Weiss Zeta Parameter.
When the parameter crossed the threshold value, it resulted in the formation of a cyclone.