This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) The Sustainable Gastronomy Day is observed every year on June 18.Which Organisation has observed the day first?
2) Which of the following day is observed ever year on June 18?
(a)International Wandering Day
(b) International Picnic Day
(c)International Excursion Day
(d)International Galloping Day
3) June 18 has been observed as the Autistic Pride Day. What is the theme for 2021 Autistic Pride Day?
(a) The Transition to Adulthood
(b) Assistive Technologies, Active Participation
(c) Toward Autonomy and Self-Determination
(d) Inclusion in the Workplace: Challenges and Opportunities in a Post-Pandemic World
4) How much amount has been provided by Haryana State government toall small shopkeepers, construction workers, auto-rickshaw drivers and unorganized labourers who have faced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
(a) Rs 6000
(b) Rs 4000
(c) Rs 5000
(d) Rs 3500
5) Krishak Bandhu scheme has been launched by the West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee. The financial assistance for farmers has increased to Rs10000 a year from its existing Rs___________.
(a) Rs 8000
(c) Rs 5000
6) Manoj Juneja,a former executive of ADIDAS India, has been appointed as the Vice President Sales & Marketing for which of the following Watch manufacturer?
(a) Timex Group
7) The Sports Brand PUMA has been extended the Partnership withtheir Brand Ambassador. Who among the following is the Brand Ambassador of PUMA?
(a) Rohit Sharma
(b) Yuvraj Singh
(c) Jasprit Bumra
(d) Ravindra Jadeja
8) The Ministry of state for ports, shipping, and waterways has collaborated with which of the following Ministry to develop seaplane services across the country?
(a) Ministry of External Affairs
(b) Ministry of Jal Shakti
(c) Ministry of Defence
(d)Ministry of Civil aviation
9) The North Atlantic Treaty Organization meeting of the heads of state and heads of government of the alliance was recently held at Brussels, Belgium.It tends to be ___________meeting.
10) A three-day virtual conference of BRICS Network Universities on electric mobility was hosted by IIT Bombay. How many experts are participated in the conference?
11) The International Cricket Council has recently inducted 10 cricket legends to the prestigious list of the ICC Hall of Fame. Who among the following has been inducted from India?
(b) Kuldeep yadav
(c) Vinoo Mankad
(d) Navdeep Saini
12) The Gelfand Challenge Chess title has won byD. Gukesh. He is the world’s __________ youngest Grandmaster.
13) CR Viswanathan has passed away recently. He was a former vice president of which of the following?
(a) Basketball Federation of India
(b) All India Football Federation
(c) Board of Cricket Council of India
(d) All India Chess Federation
1) Answer: D
The UN General Assembly adopted on 21 December 2016 its resolution and designated 18 June as an international observance, Sustainable Gastronomy Day.
Sustainable gastronomy can play a role due to its interlinkages with the three dimensions of sustainable development, in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals by promoting:
- Agricultural development
- food security
- sustainable food production
- Conservation of biodiversity
2) Answer: B
June 18th every year is International Picnic Day. The origins of this event are unknown, but it doesn’t dampen its popularity with many countries across the globe celebrating this event.
3) Answer: D
Autistic Pride Day is a pride celebration for autistic people held on June 18 each year.
The theme for World Autistic Pride Day 2021 announced by the United Nations(UN) is “Inclusion in the Workplace: Challenges and Opportunities in a Post-Pandemic World”.
Autistic pride recognizes the importance of pride for autistic people and its role in bringing about positive changes in the broader society.
4) Answer: C
The Haryana government announced a one-time payment of Rs 5,000 each to small shopkeepers, construction workers, auto-rickshaw drivers and unorganized labourers who have faced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown.
BPL families who have lost a family member in the 18-50 age group to COVID-19 will be given an ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh each.
5) Answer: C
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee relaunched her government’s Krishak Bandhu scheme, doubling the assistance to farmer- beneficiaries to Rs 10,000 a year.
She stated that day labourers in farmlands and sharecroppers in possession of at least one kottah (0.0165 acre) of land will now receive Rs 4,000 a year, instead of Rs 2,000 they used to get earlier.
6) Answer: A
Watch manufacturer Timex Group India announced the appointment of former ADIDAS India executive Manoj Juneja as Vice President Sales & Marketing.
In the past 22+ years, Manoj spearheaded the sales & e-commerce vertical for ADIDAS India and prior to that worked with LG Electronics.
7) Answer: B
Global sports brand PUMA has extended partnership with former Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh. Singh has been associated with the brand for over a decade.
He will now be seen in a new avatar as the face of PUMA Motorsport in India, showcasing his passion for fast cars and sports-inspired fashion. With this, Singh also joins the brand’s global league of legends like Thierry Henry, Boris Becker and Usain Bolt.
8) Answer: D
India’s ministry of state for ports, shipping, and waterways has signed a pact with the ministry of civil aviation to develop seaplane services across the country.
Seaplane operations will result in enhanced connectivity of remote places and boost religious tourism. Both the ministries will jointly workout operating routes
9) Answer: A
On June 14, 2021, The yearly meeting of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) held a face-to-face summit at NATO headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
It was the 31st formal meeting of the heads of state and heads of government of the alliance.
10) Answer: D
On June 16, 2021, The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay hosted a three-day virtual conference of BRICS Network Universities on electric mobility.
The theme of the Conference of BRICS Network Universities is “Electric Mobility”.The conference is part of the engagements that India is hosting under the education stream during its 13th BRICS Summit this year.
The Conference deals with Eighteen experts from Brazil, Russia, India, China and S. Africa who will talk about various aspects of electric mobility like traffic management, hydrogen technology, hybrid vehicles, lithium-ion batteries and linkage between e-mobility and livelihoods over the next three days.
11) Answer: C
The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced list of 10 cricket legends who have been inducted to the prestigious list of the ICC Hall of Fame
The total numbers of inductees in the list of ICC Hall of Famers have reached to 103.The 10 new ICC Hall of Famers are listed below:
- South Africa’s Aubrey Faulkner
- Australia’s Monty Noble
- West Indies’ Sir Learie Constantine,
- Australia’s Stan McCabe
- England’s Ted Dexter
- India’s Vinoo Mankad
- West Indies’ Desmond Haynes
- England’s Bob Willis
- Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara
- Zimbabwe’s Andy Flower
12) Answer: D
On June 13, 2021, world’s second youngest Grandmaster D. Gukesh sensationally won the $15,000 Gelfand Challenge chess title. He secured a ‘wild card’ for the elite Meltwaters Champions Chess Tour.
Gukesh, 15, won all four rounds, including the key battle against Praggnanandhaa.
13) Answer: B
On June 15, 2021, Former All India Football Federation (AIFF) vice-president CR Viswanathan passed away.He was 85.
He was affectionately called CRV.CR Viswanathan was a AIFF vice-president during the period of 2004-08.He was also a member of the AIFF executive committee from 2008 to 2012