This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) What is the theme of the World Sickle Cell Awareness Day, celebrated every year on June 19?
(a)Breaking The Cycle of Pain
(b) Empowering Teenagers to ‘Step Up’
(c) Break the Silence on Sickle Cell Disorder
(d)Shine the Light on Sickle Cell
2) On June 19, the World Sauntering Day has been celebrated every year. What does the word Saunter Mean?
(a) to walk slowly in a relaxed manner
(b) to walk for maintaining fitness
(c) to walk fast in a hasty manner
(d) to run in order to maintain fitness
3) The World Refugee Day has been celebrated every year on June 20 to honour refugees around the globe. In which year, it was established first?
4) Every year, the Father’s Day has been celebrated on which of the following day?
(a) Third Saturday of June
(b) Third Friday of June
(c)Third Sunday of June
(d)Second Saturday of June
5) On every year June 21, The International Day of Yoga has been celebrated. What edition of International Yoga Day has celebrated in 2021?
6) What is the theme of World Hydrography Day, celebrated every year on 21st June?
(a) Hydrography – enabling autonomous technologies
(b) Mapping our seas, oceans and waterways – more important than ever
(c) 100 years of international cooperation in hydrography
(d) Bathymetry – the foundation for sustainable seas, oceans and waterways
7) The World Music Day is celebrated every year on which of the following day?
(a) June 21
(b) June 18
(c) June 19
(d) June 17
8) The PM Modi has launched a custom crash course programme that aims to skill over one lakh “Covid warriors” across the country under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0. What is the total outlay of the programme?
(a) Rs. 271 Crore
(b)Rs. 276 Crore
(c)Rs. 279 Crore
(d)Rs. 277 Crore
9) A 12-hour virtual Yoga Session ‘Yogathon’ has been celebrated in Kerala on International Day of Yoga virtually. The Session was organised by which among the following?
(a) National Ayush Mission
(b) The Yoga Institute
(c) Patanjali Yoga Center
(d) Both A & B
10) The Bihar CM has recently launched Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyami Yojana to provideRs 10 lakh for an unemployed woman to start a new business. How much amount has been allotted by the government as a subsidy?
(a)Rs 3 lakh
(b)Rs 7 lakh
(c)Rs 6 lakh
11) National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences has appointed Dr Pratima Murthy as the Director for a period of five years. NIMHANS is located in which city?
12) ‘The Art of Life’ is a non-featured Hindi Film by Odia filmmaker has been awarded the ‘Outstanding Achievement Award’ at World Film Carnival. The carnival was hosted by which among the following country?
13) ‘Ahimsa – Gandhi: The Power of the Powerless’ has won the Best Documentary Feature Award at the 21st New York Indian Film Festival. The documentary was produced by whom among the following?
(a) Ramesh Sharma
(b) Arun Gandhi
(c) Vijay Pandit
14) The Indian Navy has recently organisedthe Fleet Award Function at Visakhapatnam. Which among the following ship has received the title of the most spirited ship?
(a) INS Khukri
(b) INS Kamorta
(c) INS Jalashwa
(d) INS Kiltan
15) The Global Innovation Partner of the Year award has been received by which global tech company during Snowflake Virtual Partner Summit?
(a)Larsen & Toubro Infotech
(b) HCL Technologies
(c)Tata Consultancy service
(d) Wipro Limited.
16) India has signed an MOU with which country for bilateral cooperation in the area of environment likeclimate change, waste management?
17) As per the World Competitiveness Index by the Institute for Management Development,India has been ranked at 43. How many countries are totally participated in the Index?
18) As per the 15th edition of the Global Peace Index, what is the rank of India among South Asian Counties?
19) Milkha Singh, a legendary Indian Sprinter, has passed away . He was popularly known as ___________.
1) Answer: D
World Sickle Cell Awareness Day is observed every year on June 19 to increase awareness and understanding of the disease and the challenges faced by its patients and their families.
The World Sickle Cell Day 2021 Theme is ‘Shine the Light on Sickle Cell’. Sickle Cell Disease Day is celebrated to raise awareness about its treatment measures and to get effective control over this disease across the world.
2) Answer: A
World Sauntering Day is celebrated on June 19 every year. World Sauntering Day 2021 Theme is “The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk”.
The purpose is to remind people to slow down and enjoy life as opposed to rushing through it.
It is also sometimes referred to as International Sauntering Day.
3) Answer: D
The World Refugee Dayis an international day organized every year on 20 June by the United Nations. The theme of World Refugee Day 2021 is “Together we heal, learn and shine”.
World Refugee Day is observed every year on June 20, by the United Nations to honor refugees around the globe.
It is designed to celebrate and honour refugees from around the world. The day was first established on 20 June 2001, in recognition of the 50th anniversary of the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees.
4) Answer: C
Father’s Day is commemorated in most parts of the world on the third Sunday of June. This year it is being observed on June 20.
Father’s Day is a celebration of fathers, honouring fatherhood, paternal bonds and the role fathers play in society. The Civil War veteran and single dad who inspired Father’s Day.
5) Answer: B
The International Day of Yoga has been celebrated annually on 21 June since 2015, following its inception in the United Nations General Assembly in 2014.
June 21, 2021, will mark the seventh edition of International Day of Yoga, and the theme this year is, ‘Yoga for well-being’.
Yoga Day is celebrated across the globe to highlight the importance of Yoga and how it has been beneficial in keeping the body and mind in sound health.
6) Answer: C
World Hydrography Day is celebrated every year on 21 June. The World Hydrography Day theme for 2021 is “100 years of international cooperation in hydrography”.
Hydrography is the science that measures and describes the physical features of the navigable portion of the Earth’s surface and adjoining coastal areas.
7) Answer: A
The Fête de la musique, also known in English as Music Day, Make Music Day or World Music Day, is an annual music celebration that takes place on 21 June.
World Music Day is celebrated on June 21 every year to honour the musicians and singers for the gift of music, which gives flight to the imagination and life to everything.
8) Answer: B
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a custom crash course programme that aims to skill and upskill over one lakh “Covid warriors” across the country.
The course, launched from 111 centres across 26 states, has been designed by top experts, PM Modi said, adding that the Corona period has proved the importance of skill, re-skill and up-skill.
The programme has been designed as a special programme under the central component of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0, with a total financial outlay of Rs. 276 crore, the PMO said.
9) Answer: A
Kerala will celebrate International Day of Yoga virtually by organizing various events.
National Ayush Mission will organize a 12-hour virtual Yoga Session ‘Yogathon’ in the state.
Quiz competitions and essay competitions on the theme Yoga will also be organized for school students.
The mission also plans to broadcast yoga classes for children in collaboration with the Victer’s Channel run by Kerala General Education Department.
10) Answer: D
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launched two ambitious schemes.The schemes were promised by the chief minister during the 2020 Bihar elections in a bid to counter the RJD’s poll plank on unemployment.
Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyami Yojana (MMUY):
- In this scheme, an unemployed woman will be provided an amount of Rs 10 lakh to start a new business or small industry.
- Rs.10 Lakh, Rs.5 Lakh will be a subsidy amount that women does not need to be return, while the remaining Rs.5 Lakh will be an interest free loan.
- The amount can be refunded in several installments over the next 7 years after the start of the new venture.
Mukhaya Mantri Yuva Udyami Yojana (MYUY):
- In this scheme, unemployed youth will be provided an amount of Rs 10 lakh to start a new enterprise or industry.
- Rs.10 Lakh, Rs.5 Lakh will be the subsidy amount (which they don’t need to refund), the balance Rs.5 Lakh will be the loan simple interest of 1% to be refunded in several installments.
11) Answer: D
Dr Pratima Murthy, head of Department of Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru has been appointed as Director of the Institute for a period of five years.
She will retire in March 2026. Dr Murthy was awarded the WHO Regional Director’s Special Recognition Award on ‘World No Tobacco Day 2021’ last month.
12) Answer: A
A non-feature Hindi film ‘The Art of Life’ written and directed by Odia filmmaker Santosh Panda was recently awarded the ‘Outstanding Achievement Award’ at World Film Carnival, hosted at Singapore.
The film based on sand art also highlights the Culture, Tourism and Disaster Management by Odisha.
It also bagged the Best Film Award at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Film Festival held at Pune recently.
13) Answer: D
A documentary on Mahatma Gandhi produced by internationally-renowned South African filmmaker Anant Singh has won the Best Documentary Feature Award at the 21st New York Indian Film Festival.
The film, titled ‘Ahimsa – Gandhi: The Power of the Powerless’, written and directed by Ramesh Sharma, was produced by Singh’s company Videovision to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth in 2019.
14) Answer: B
Indian Navy organized the Fleet Award Function at Visakhapatnam this year to mark the successful performance of the Operational Cycle of the Eastern Fleet.
INS Sahyadri has been adjudged the best ship of the Eastern Fleet among capital ships, INS Kamorta has awarded the title of the most spirited ship. INS Kiltan and INS Khukri won the best corvette trophy amongst corvettes and similar classes of ships.
15) Answer: A
Larsen & Toubro Infotech a global technology consulting and digital solutions company has been recognized as the Global Innovation Partner of the Year by Snowflake, the Data Cloud Company.
LTI received this prestigious recognition during Snowflake Virtual Partner Summit held on June 16, 2021.
The award represents a key milestone for the strategic partnership between LTI and Snowflake and will strengthen collaboration between the companies to empower enterprises with innovative solutions and services.
16) Answer: D
India and Bhutan inked an MoU for developing cooperation between two countries in the area of environment.
The MoU was signed virtually by Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar from the Indian side and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Chairperson of the National Environment Commission Lyonpo Dr. Tandi Dorji from the Bhutanese side.
The MoU is a platform to further enhance Indian and Bhutanese partnership and support, and exchange best practices in areas like prevention of Air Pollution, Waste Management, Chemical Management, Climate Change, etc.
17) Answer: B
India maintained 43rd rank on an annual World Competitiveness Index compiled by the Institute for Management Development (IMD). World Competitiveness Rankings List comprises a total of 64 nations.
The countries were ranked based on four key factors:
- Economic Performance
- Government Efficiency
- Business Efficiency
The top- Performing Asian Countries are Hong Kong (7th), Taiwan (8th) & China (16th). Taiwan entered the top 10 rankings for the first time since the ranking began 33 years ago.
BRICS Nations Ranking:
- China (16th)
- India (43rd)
- Russia (45th
- Brazil (57th)
- South Africa (62nd)
18) Answer: D
Institute for Economics and Peace released the 15th edition of the Global Peace Index.
Iceland remains the most peaceful country in the world & Afghanistan is the least peaceful country in the world for the fourth consecutive year.
New Zealand, Denmark, Portugal, and Slovenia ranked 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Positions.India ranked 135th most peaceful country in the world.
19) Answer: D
On June 18, 2021, Indian sprint legend Milkha Singh passed away. He was 91.
Popularly he is referred to as the ‘Flying Sikh’. He was the first Indian track and field athlete to win gold in the then British Empire and Commonwealth Games in Cardiff in 1958.
He also represented India in the 1956 and 1964 Olympics and was honoured with the Padma Shri in 1959.