Dear Aspirants, English Language is an important section for all the competitive exams that occupy an inseparable part. Generally, most of the candidates have lost their marks in this section. This is due to the unawareness of the english section on how to prepare smartly. English section is nothing but it needs to be strong in basic grammar, vocabulary and reading skills. If you are having those skills surely you will score good marks in the examinations. But even though you have the skill, you must practice it regularly then only it will be retained with you. So for your practice purpose, here we have given the questions based on the english language. We have tried to cover all the topics under the latest updated syllabus and exam pattern.
1) Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.
You fail to
P what someone is born,
Q recognize that it matters not
R but what they grow to be!
2) Select the antonym of
3) Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.
The young man (was carried by) the passionate appeal made by the social worker.
(a) was carried towards
(b) was carried off by
(c) got carried away by
(d) no improvement
4) In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
A large _______ of angry bison’s rampaged through the villages.
5) Select the word with the correct spelling.
6) In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
Tie the knot
(a) To put yourself into a problem
(b) To make fateful decision
(c) To sign the deal
(d) To get married
7) Select the synonym of
8) Select the antonym of
9) In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
Providence smiles ________ those who are diligent.
10) Select the word with the correct spelling.
1) Answer: A
2) Answer: D
Humdrum means lacking excitement or variety; boringly monotonous and fascinating means extremely interesting. Hence options (d) is the correct choice.
3) Answer: C
Carry away : to become overly excited.
The young man was overly excited by the passionate appeal made by the social worker.
4) Answer: A
Herd means (with reference to a group of people or animals) move in a group.
5) Answer: B
Registry means a place where registers or records are kept.
6) Answer: D
Tie the knot means to marry a mate.
7) Answer: B
Carnal means relating to physical, especially sexual, sensual, needs and activities.
8) Answer: D
Intrinsic means belonging naturally; essential and acquired means to come into possession or ownership of; get as one’s own.
9) Answer: C
Here upon is used as more formal term for on, especially in abstract senses.
10) Answer: D
Toxicity means the quality of being toxic or poisonous.
|Check Here to View SSC CGL / CHSL 2021 English Practice Questions|
|Day – 10||Day – 09||Day – 08|