SSC JE Preparation 2021: The SSC JE Exam is scheduled to be conducted from 22 to 25 March 2021 so gear up the SSC JE preparation process in an effective manner. You have only a short time for the exam. Only the Right preparation & strategy will help you get selected for the SSC JE exam. In this article, we are sharing the best strategy for the SSC JE Preparation to crack the examinations in a smart way. Usually, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC JE exam to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Junior Engineers in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantity Surveying, and contract Posts for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The posts are Group „B‟ (Non-Gazetted), in Level-6.
The SSC JE examination giving a golden opportunity for engineering graduates to fulfill their dream of joining the prestigious Government Sector. So make the best way and have to follow it to crack the exam. SSC JE preparation needs a continuous and consistent effort. Let’s have a look at this article on SSC JE Preparation Strategy and start the preparation process ahead.
SSC JE Preparation – Exam Pattern:
Before SSC JE Preparation we must aware of its Exam Pattern. SSC JE exam has two-phase, Phase -1 is a Computer-based exam multiple-choice exam. Paper one is of 200 marks and Paper-2 is an offline subjective exam of 300 marks for your respective engineering branch. SSC JE Exam Pattern mentioned below:
SSC JE Exam Pattern – Paper 1
|General Intelligence||50||120 minutes|
|General Engineering (Electrical or Civil & Structural or Mechanical)||100|
SSC JE Exam Pattern – Paper 2
|Paper Name||Maximum Marks||Duration|
Part-A – General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
Part- B – General Engineering (Electrical)
Part-C – General Engineering (Mechanical)
2. SSC JE Preparation – Syllabus:
Then SSC JE Preparation is to know the complete syllabus of the Exam. Knowing the correct syllabus is the first step in your preparation. Here we are sharing the complete SSC JE syllabus of the Exam mentioned below:
SSC JE Syllabus:
|General Intelligence/ Reasoning||General Awareness|
|Statement & conclusion||National & International News|
|Similarities & dissimilarities||Sports & its awards|
|Statement & Judgement||Important Days|
|Visual Memory||Awards & Honours|
|Verbal and Figural Classification||Geography|
|Relationship concept||Economic Science|
|Abstract Ideas and Symbols and Their Relationships||Scientific Research & Development|
|Arithmetical Computations.||Static GK|
|Space Visualisation Problem||Appointments/Demise|
SSC JE Syllabus: General Engineering
|Electrical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Basic concepts & Basic Electronics||Theory of Machines and Machine Design||Building Materials.|
|Circuit law||Estimating, Costing, and Valuation|
|AC Fundamentals||Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials||Estimating, Costing, and Valuation|
|Magnetic Circuit||Properties of Pure Substances, 1st Law of Thermodynamics. , 2nd Law of Thermodynamics||Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics.|
|Measurement and Measuring Instruments||IC Engines Combustion.||Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics.|
|Electrical Machines||Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance.||Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics.|
|Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors||Engine Cooling & Lubrication.||Environmental Engineering.|
|Synchronous Machines||Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification.||Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.|
|Generation||Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles.|
|Transmission and Distribution.||The principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines.|
|Transmission and Distribution.||Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics|
|Utilization and Electrical Energy.||Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, and Classification of steels.|
SSC JE Preparation Strategy and Tips – Section-wise:
For JE Preparation after knowing the complete syllabus you need to analyze the factors which affect your preparation and build a preparation strategy. We are going to provide you with some tips and key points which will help you in SSC JE Preparation but do make your own study strategy and planning. Section-wise Preparation tips are as under:
SSC JE Preparation strategy for General Intelligence & Reasoning:
SSC JE Preparation for General Intelligence, it is important that you have a firm knowledge of each and every topic. In this section, questions will be particularly based on analysis and arithmetical reasoning topics like a linear arrangement, data sufficiency, Number series, Analogies, decision making, etc. you must refer to prior years papers while preparing for this section to understand the weightage of different questions with varying levels of difficulty. This can be the most scoring section in the JE exam by proper and consistent practice. Some SSC JE Preparation tips & Strategy are as follows:
- Clear Basic Concept: The first thing you have to do is to clear the basic concepts of all the topics.
- Make Notes: Prepare Notes for each topic separately so that it will easy for you to revise them at the time of the exam in less time.
- Solve Examples: You must solve the examples of a particular topic so you get the idea of each type of question.
- Previous Year Papers: Solving the previous year’s paper helps you the pattern of the exam, level of questions asked in the exam previously.
- Practice Questions: For best preparation, solve maximum questions. Try to solve questions topic-wise first then go for Practice quizzes.
- Attempt Mock Test: You should attempt the mock test on a regular basis this will sharpen your preparation as well as gives you a feel of the exam before the exam. Attempting mock test help analyze your performance.
- Analyze your performance: After solving the mock tests analyze your performance, try to solve questions left in the mock test. Check the time taken by you while solving questions of each section.
- Weak and strong Area: By analyzing and solving mock tests find your weak and strong areas. Give more time to weak areas.
Important books for General Intelligence:
|SSC (CPWD/CWC/MES) General Intelligence & Reasoning General Awareness for Junior Engineers Guide||GK Publications|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning-||R.S. Aggarwal|
SSC JE Preparation strategy for General Awareness
For the general awareness section in SSC JE Preparation, you need to make a proper timetable as the syllabus is quite broad so that you can complete it on time. At the time of the exam, you get enough time to revise it. For preparing current affairs make a habit of reading newspapers. Daily reading helps you prepare for current affairs. Here are some SSC JE preparation tips:
- Read Newspaper: Reading daily newspaper help you in preparing the current affairs part. Make handy notes of these notes so that you can revise them at the time exam in less time.
- Make Proper Notes: Making notes of all the topics is very important for this section. Notes will help you in revision.
- Revision: Revise all the topics at regular intervals, it will help you retain the facts.
- Practice Quizzes: Practicing through Daily practice Quizzes’ helps you in many ways like aware of the type of questions. It will help you check your knowledge of how much you are prepared.
- Attempt Mock Test: You should attempt the mock tests on a daily basis. Attempting the mock test helps you analyze your performance and knowledge.
- Weak and strong areas: find your weak and strong parts of the subject. So that you can focus more on the weak areas.
Books for General Awareness:
|General knowledge yearly book||Manohar Pandey|
SSC JE Preparation General Engineering:
In this section candidates, core engineering knowledge of their respective fields is checked. It is imperative for candidates to go through the theoretical concepts, as questions asked in the exam are based on basics knowledge. Keep practicing through daily quizzes and mock tests. You should practice more and more questions to solve numerical problems. Some tips are as follows:
- Learn Basics: Clear all the basic theories of your respective engineering field. Learn formulas and all the theoretical concepts.
- Make Notes: You should make proper notes of your respective subject. It will help in retaining and revising the theory.
- Practice: Practice questions from any book or online quizzes.
- Mock test: Practice from mock test regular basis, it will help you analyze your performance and your preparation stand level.
- Solve the previous year’s Paper: You must solve the previous year’s paper. Solving exam paper help you aware type of question asked in the exam.
SSC JE Preparation for Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering:
- You must be familiar with the complete syllabus of Mechanical Engineering, questions asked in the previous year’s question papers.
- 12-15 % of the Electrical Engineering question paper will be based on the measurement and measuring instruments and it is a mix of theory and numerical.
- The theoretical question repeated so make notes of previously asked questions.
- Exam-related question banks available in the market will be a great help knowing it.
- For solving numerical problems, you need to be good with theoretical knowledge, its application, formulae, and problem-solving skills.
- You should keep an eye on the time while solving the mock test or quizzes. Practicing in a time-bound manner is necessary for the exam because there is a limited time allotted exam.
- First, try to solve the theory-based questions as it will take less time.
SSC JE Preparation Books for Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering:
|SSC JE Electrical Engineering for Junior Engineers Previous Year Solved Papers (2008-18), 2018-19 for Paper I||GK Publication|
|SSC JE Electrical exam Guide-Cum-practice workbook||Kiran Prakashan|
|Juniors Engineers Electrical Examination Guide: Electrical Engineering (Popular Master Guide)||RPH Editorial Board|
|SSC Junior Engineers (CPWD/CWC/MES) Electrical Engineering 15 Practice Papers||GK Publication|
|SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)||RPH Editorial Board|
|SSC CWC / MES 2015 Mechanical Engineering (Junior Engineering Recruitment Exam)||GK Publication|
|SSC Junior Engineering self-study Guide cum Practice Book||Kiran Prakashan|
SSC JE Preparation for Civil Engineering:
- Knowing the complete Civil Engineering syllabus is a must for SSC JE preparation.
- Solve previous year questions asked in the exam,
- Questions asked in the exam of SSC JE Civil Engineering will mostly be theoretical in nature. So you must clear your theoretical concepts in order to be able to answer most of the questions.
- Time management is very important while solving the exam paper of SSC JE, so be aware of time using while solving the exam or practicing at home.
SSC JE books for Civil Engineering:
|SSC Junior Engineer Civil & Structural Recruitment Exam Guide 3rd Edition||Disha Experts|
|SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Exam Practice Work Book||Kiran Prakashan|
|SSC (CPWD-MES) Junior Engineers Examination in Civil Engineering||GK Publication|
SSC JE Preparation FAQs:
Q. What is the mode of the SSC JE Exam?
A. Paper -1 of SSC JE is an online mod, while Paper-2 is a subjective paper offline mode.
Q. What is the minimum educational qualification for the SSC JE exam?
A. A Candidate having B.E./B.Tech. Degree or Diploma Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering from a recognized board in order to be eligible for the exam.
Q. Books for the General engineering section?
A. Some books available by Kiran Publication, Disha Publications & Gk Publications, etc.
Q. When SSC JE 2021 Paper- 1 exam scheduled?
A. SSC JE 2021 is scheduled from 22-25 March 2021.