SSC JE Reasoning: Staff Selection Commission has released notification of the Junior Engineer (JE) Exam on 1 October 2020. It’s the right time to initiate our preparation for the JE exam. For this first thing, we need to know is the SSC JE Exam Pattern. The SSC JE CBE exam 2020-21 is scheduled to be conducted from 22 to 25 March 2021. The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC JE exam to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Junior Engineers Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantity Surveying, and contract Posts for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
The SSC JE examination giving you a golden opportunity to fulfill your dream of joining the prestigious Government Sector so prepare the best way to Crack the Exam. SSC JE reasoning preparation needs a continuous and consistent effort. Before Preparing for the exam, we will know about what is the SSC JE Exam Pattern. The SSC JE Exam is conducted in two-phase, the first phase is Computer-based test multiple choice and the second phase is descriptive type. So, before we get into the details of the SSC JE reasoning preparation, let’s have a detailed look at the SSC JE Exam Pattern
SSC JE Phase-1 Exam Pattern
The phase one exam of JE is a computer-based test. It is a multiple-choice exam. The total number of questions asked is 200, and the total number of marks is also 200. The time duration of paper-1 is 120 minutes. The subject paper is General Intelligence& Reasoning, General awareness & General Engineering of Part-A Civil Engineering, Part-B Electrical Engineering, and Part-C Mechanical Engineering. You have to choose your respective Field paper.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||120 minutes|
|General Engineering (Electrical or Civil & Structural or Mechanical)||100|
Note: There will be a negative marking of 0.25 Mark on each wrong answer. You will get 1 mark for each right answer.
SSC JE Reasoning/General Intelligence & General awareness section has 50 -50 questions in each and the General Engineering section has 100 questions.
SSC JE Reasoning Exam Syllabus
The SSC JE Reasoning Exam Pattern has a total of 50 questions of 50 marks. Questions asked in the reasoning section are to check your mental ability and decision making capability. This is the scoring section if you practice well and clear concepts of all the topics. Here we are sharing the complete syllabus of SSC JE Reasoning/General Intelligence according to the SSC JE exam pattern.
|SSC JE Reasoning/General Intelligence Syllabus|
|Statement & conclusion|
|Similarities & dissimilarities|
|Statement & Judgement|
|Verbal and Figural Classification|
|Abstract Ideas And Symbols And Their Relationships|
|Space Visualisation Problem|
SSC JE Reasoning Preparation Tips and Strategy
For SSC JE Reasoning/General Intelligence preparation, it is important that you have a firm knowledge of each and every topic. In this section questions will be particularly based on analysis and arithmetical reasoning topics like a linear arrangement, data sufficiency, Number series, Analogies, decision making, etc. you must refer to prior years papers while preparing for this section to understand the weightage of different questions with varying levels of difficulty. Some SSC JE Preparation tips & Strategy are as follows:
- A maximum number of questions came from series & visual reasoning which were calculative in nature. This can be the most scoring section in the JE exam by proper and consistent practice.
- Some topics, like Alphabet, Dictionary, Coding & Decoding, Analogy, Classification/Odd Pair, Rule Detection, and Series questions are highly competitive and require a well amount of practice. Thus you need to pay little extra time to these questions.
- Clear Basic Concept: the first thing you have to do is to clear the basic concepts of all the topics.
- Make Notes: Prepare Notes for each topic separately so that it will easy for you to revise them at the time of the exam in less time.
- Solve Examples: You must solve the examples of a particular topic so you get the idea of each type of question.
- Previous Year Papers: Solving the previous year’s paper helps you the pattern of the exam, level of questions asked in the exam previously.
- Practice questions: for best preparation solve maximum questions. Try to solve questions topic wise first then go for Practice quizzes.
- Attempt Mock Test: You should attempt the mock test on a regular basis this will sharpen your preparation as well as gives you a feel of the exam before the exam. Attempting mock test help analyze your performance.
- Analyze your performance: after solving mock tests analyze your performance, try to solve questions left in the mock test. Check the time taken by you while solving questions of each section.
- Weak and strong Area: By analyzing and solving mock tests find your weak and strong areas. Give more time to weak areas.
Important books for SSC JE General Intelligence/ Reasoning
|SSC (CPWD/CWC/MES) General Intelligence & Reasoning General Awareness for Junior Engineers Guide||GK Publications|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning-||R.S. Aggarwal|
SSC JE Reasoning FAQs
Q. What is the mode of the SSC JE Exam?
A. SSC JE Paper -1 is the online mode exam, while Paper-2 is a subjective paper offline mode.
Q. Is there negative marking in the SSC JE exam?
A. Yes, there is a negative marking in Paper-1 of the SSC JE exam of 0.25 mark.
Q. Books for the SSC JE Reasoning section?
A. Some books available are General Intelligence & Reasoning General Awareness for Junior Engineers Guide by GK Publications & a Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal.
Q. When SSC JE Paper- 1 exam scheduled?
A. It is scheduled from 20-25 March 2021.