Every aspirant will have an aim to become a probationary officer in the banking sector. In that, IBPS PO exam is the much-anticipated prospect for most of the candidates as because of its admiration and esteem.
The preliminary exam is the first stage of IBPS PO as it makes you a step closer to attain your goal. Hard Work during preparation and Smart Approach during prelims exam assure you to clear the prelims exam fruitfully.
Prelims exam comprised of three different sections like English, Aptitude and Reasoning. Sectional Timing of 20 minutes newly introduced this year so you have enough time to spend for each section. Our IBPS Guide contented to share these useful tips to crack the sectional cut-off of IBPS PO Prelims 2019 in an efficient way of approach.
- First, attempt all the easy-solving questions where high accuracy is possible.
Example: Cloze Test, Fillers
- Then, you have to prefer the topics like Phrase Replacement, Error Spotting and Sentence Improvement.
- Para Jumbles – In a short time, you can find the first or few other sentences with a clue word. So quickly attempt those 1-2 questions at least out of 5.
- Reading Comprehension – Approach the synonyms and antonyms questions first. If you have time, you can move on to passage related questions.
- It is important that you have to read the given instructions carefully and then attend the question.
- Attempt the high scoring topics first.
Example: Approximation/Simplification, Quadratic Equation, Number Series.
- Data Interpretation – There will be maximum 2 DI set. Both will be moderate and calculative. But there will be at least 2 questions out of 5 in each set which take hardly a minute. So you have to find out those questions and attempt it first. This sort of observation comes only after a lot of practice.
- Then try to attempt quantity based questions if asked.
- Miscellaneous – This is a group of diverse topics like ratio & proportion, speed & distance, time & work, ages and a lot more. So you have to attempt the questions first which are from your strong topic. After that, if you have time then increase your number of attempts.
- Start with the easy and moderate reasoning questions that you can solve quickly to score more marks.
Example: Coding-Decoding, Direction Sense, Blood Relation, Order & Ranking, Syllogism, Inequalities.
- Attempt the Seating Arrangement and Puzzle type questions which are easier and less time consuming. These questions should be attempted at the end after attempting half of the section. Then, if you have further time, you can solve the remaining moderate level questions of puzzle and seating arrangement topic.
So, the IBPS PO Prelims is not really vast. All you need is proper time management to crack the sectional cut-off and also the overall cut-off. Aspirants need to remember that everyone has his/her own strong/weak area. So, the final decision should always be yours how you are going to attempt the IBPS PO Prelims 2019 exam.
Video Course & Solution
Dear aspirants, we are actively taking part in guiding through each and every step of your preparations to become a banker. And now the Online Video course one of the most useful guidance is ready to serve you. The online video crash course will definitely guide you through all your weeny doubts. The best faculty with the sound knowledge in the particular topic is available to explain the context with detailed explanation. Expecting the perfection? Here we have reflected the same. Get the best video courses to reach your destiny. Read More