Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 3rd Week of March 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs 3rd Week of March 2018
1) World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated globally on – 15th March.
|Theme||Making Digital Marketplaces Fairer’|
2) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the proposal of Department of Fertilizers to continue Urea Subsidy Scheme up to 2019-20 at a total estimated cost of Rs. 1,64,935 crore and for disbursement of fertilizer subsidy. This decision implies that there will be no increase in price of urea, till – 2020.
3) The state that witnessed the maximum incidents of communal violence across India in 2017 is- Uttar Pradesh
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
4) According to India’s economic growth may rise to – 7.3% in 2018-19.
5) According to the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network’s 2018 World Happiness Report happiest country in the world is – Finland.
6) According to an Open Signal analysis of 20 Indian cities between December-February revealed, Navi Mumbai has the fastest 4G speed at an average of 8.72 Mbps, while Allahabad has the lowest at 3.5 Mbps,
7) In the fifth edition of the Annual Survey of India’s City-Systems (ASICS), Improved Quality Governance category is topped by – Pune
8) The World Bank has said that the rank of India among a sample of 115 countries of highest GST rate is – second highest .
9) India and Madagascar have signed an umbrella agreement in the field of – defence.
10) Home Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the two-day Asia-Pacific Regional Conference of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) in – New Delhi.
11) Indian filmmaker Nila Madhab Panda’s “Halkaa” has bagged – the Grand Prix de Montreal at the gala
12) To empower womenfolk, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur released a handbook titled – ‘Mahila Suraksha’.
13) Government has been proposed Common Eligibility Test (CET) to Rajya Sabha on 14th March 2018, that a Common Eligibility Test (CET) will be conducted for govt exams viz SSC, Banking, Railway and others from – 2019 onward.
14) Sri Lanka has lifted its ban on Facebook after the social media giant agreed to step up efforts to curb – hate speech
|Sri Lanka Capital||Colombo, Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte|
15) The Municipal Corporation which has installed pedestrian push buttons at certain junctions is – Navi Mumbai.
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
16) Rank of Andhra Pradesh globally in Multidimensional Poverty Index (2017) according to a recent household survey conducted in the state is – 51.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Hyderabad|
17) Rating agency Fitch has projected India’s economic growth to rise to 7.3% next fiscal and further to – 7.5% in 2019-20.
18) The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed an MoU with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). The MoU was signed by Sudarshan Sen, Executive Director of the RBI and Dr. Mamta Suri, Executive Director of the IBBI during the 4th meeting of the Insolvency Law Committee (ILC) at – New Delhi.
19) The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) launched a mobile app called – ‘Citizen Services’ .
20) The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has signed an MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the National Aviation University to enhance human resource availability in India’s – aviation industry.
21) Actor Jackie Shroff’s short film ‘Shunyata’ has won an award at Best of India Short Film Festival in – Los Angeles, US.
22) Slovak Prime Minister who has resigned as a way out of the political crisis triggered by the slayings of an investigative journalist and his fiancée – Robert Fico.
23) The next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Belarus is – Sangeeta Bahadur.
24) President Donald Trump named whom as the next head of the White House National Economic Council – Larry Kudlow.
25) The three-day annual Krishi Unnati Mela has begun in New Delhi with a focus on doubling farmers’ income by – 2022.
26) PM Modi inaugurated the 105th Indian Science Congress in – Imphal, Manipur.
|Theme||‘Reaching the unreached through science and technology’|
27) Member-countries of the World Health Organisation (WHO) South-East Asia Region, including India, committed to intensifying efforts to eradicate tuberculosis by – 2030.
28) Wasim Jaffer has become the first Indian over 40 years of age to slam a 250-plus score in a – first-class innings.
29) Saint Patrick’s Day, or the Feast of Saint Patrick, is a cultural and religious celebration held on – 17 March.
|Theme||The wearing of the Green.|
30) The Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes (CIRB) claimed that India’s first cloned Assamese buffalo male calf named Sach-Gaurav was born in – Hisar, Haryana.
31) Xi Jinping was today re-elected as President for a second five-year tenure by – China’s rubber-stamp parliament
32) Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said that Centre is committed to give a special package equivalent to a special category state to – Andhra Pradesh.
33) India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $120 million loan agreement for completion of works for double-tracking and electrification of railways tracks along high-density corridors to improve the operational efficiency of – Indian railways.
34) The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 14th March, 2018 approved an agreement for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income between – India and Iran.
35) India to host 17th Annual Conference of International Competition Network 2018 (ICN2018) from 21st to 23rd March 2018 in – New Delhi.
36) The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi addressed the Rising India Summit, organized by – Network 18.
37) NITI Aayog released comprehensive roadmaps and detailed timelines for its initiative- ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital in Education (SATH-E)’ project.
38) The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched LaQshya program aimed at improving quality of – maternity care in labor room and maternity Operation.
39) Number of beneficiaries enrolled under Pradhan Mantri Matru VandanaYojana (PMMVY) has increased to –17,66,423.
40) Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran was elected President of the – court of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for three years.
41) ARTH Ayurveda was conferred the prestigious “India’s Most Admired Brand 2017-18” Award by White Page International (WPI) and the UK Asian Business Council at the Sixth Edition of Asian Brand & Leadership Conclave in – Singapore.
42) Indian Para-athlete Deepa Malik won a gold medal in the F-53/54 category javelin event at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix in – Dubai.
43) The country which has gained ODI status for the first time in their history – Nepal.
44) Ordnance Factories Day is observed all over India on 18th March.
45) President Ram Nath Kovind has released Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 10 commemorative coins on the occasion of – Nabakalebar festival
46) Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, along with former Chief Minister and presently MP from Pauri Garhwal Major Gen(retd) Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri and Army chief Bipin Rawat inaugurated the Garhwal rifle war memorial hostel for boys and girls at – Daanda Lakhaund, Dehradun.
|CM||Trivendra Singh Rawat|
|Governor||Krishna Kant Paul|
47) Scientists from Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) have discovered new species of water strider named Ptilomera nagalanda Jehamalar and Chandra in – Nagaland.
48) The traditional festival of Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoba was celebrated in – Manipur on 18th March
|Governor||Najma A Heptulla|
49) Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Navi Mumbai International Airport site in –Panvel.
50) Muthoot Finance, the flagship company of Muthoot Group has tied up with Global IME Bank to expand its money remittance services between – Indo Nepal Corridor.
51) The United Nations has issued an appeal for 951 million Dollars to meet the needs of nearly 900,000 Rohingya refugees in – Bangladesh.
52) Mauritius President who has resigned after being embroiled in a scandal over the use of a credit card to buy luxury personal items – Ameenah Gurib-Fakim.
|Mauritius Capital||Port Louis|
53) Vladimir Putin Re-elected as the – Russian President
54) Li Keqiang Appointed for Second Term as – Chinese Premier.
55) Two-day ministerial meeting of World Trade Organisation begins in – New Delhi .
56) The Vice-Chairman, NITI Aayog, Dr Rajiv Kumar inaugurated the First India-Japan Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction in – New Delhi.
57) The Women Science Congress, 2018 was inaugurated in the backdrop of the ongoing 105th Indian Science Congress on its 3rd day being held at – Manipur University, Imphal.
58) President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates a Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship and present Gandhian Young Technological Innovation awards at Rashtrapati Bhavan, in – New Delhi.
59) The Indian government is in process of formulating ‘Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM) scheme’ to harness – solar power for rural India.
60) India has been ranked at 78th, lower than its emerging market peers like Brazil and China, among 114 countries on the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) energy transition index. The list was topped by – Sweden.
61) According to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Worldwide Cost of Living report 2018 the most expensive city in the world is – Singapore.
62) The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has commissioned interceptor boat ICGS C-437 at – Porbandar, Gujarat.
63) Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) paid tribute to former BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya with a book titled – ‘A Tribute to Jagu’.
64) Irani Cup was won by –Vidarbha.
65) Indian Wells 2018- Complete List of Winners
The Indian Wells Masters, also known as BNP Paribas Open and the WTA Indian Wells Open, is an annual tennis tournament held in March at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, California, United States.
|1.||Men’s Singles||Juan Martin Del Potro
|2.||Women’s Singles||Naomi Osaka
|3.||Men’s Doubles|| John Isner (United States)
Jack Sock (United States)
|Bob Bryan (United States)
Mike Bryan (United States)
|4.||Women’s Doubles||Hsieh Su-wei (Chinese Taipei)
Barbora Strycova (Czech Republic)
|Ekaterina Makarova (Russia)
Elena Vesnina (Russia)
66) England player who has officially announced his retirement from the International cricket is – Kevin Petersen.
67) World Sparrow Day is observed on – 20 March
|Theme||I Love Sparrow|
68) The United Nations has celebrated the International Day of Happiness on – 20th March.
69) With an aim to providing first-and-last-mile connectivity, railway PSU IRCTC announced a partnership with cab aggregator – Ola
70) Cab-hailing startup Uber has stopped all self-driving car tests after a car in autonomous mode killed a woman who was crossing a street in the – US state of Arizona.
71) The UK has reached a legal agreement with the European Union (EU) to end the Brexit transition by – December 31, 2020.
|Prime Minister||Theresa May|
72) India today handed over the 18th and last diesel railway locomotive engine to – Myanmar.
73) BHEL has commissioned 1st unit of 110 MW of the Kishanganga hydroelectric project (HEP) of NHPC in – Jammu and Kashmir.
|J&K Capital||Jammu (Winter)
|CM||Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed|
|Governor||Narinder Nath Vohra|
74) Centre has approved to set up a plastic park in Deoghar district of – Jharkhand.
75) Bihar Governor Satya Pal Malik has been given additional charge as the Governor of – Odisha.
|Governor||Satya Pal Malik|
76) The Sikkim government is training primary school teachers in the state so that they can give lessons on – basic yoga to students.
|CM||Pawan Kumar Chamling|
77) Axis Bank has opened a representative office in – Sharjah.
78) The World Happiness Report 2018 was also released recently that ranks 156 countries by their happiness levels, India ranks – 133rd.
79) Atul M. Gotsurve has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the – Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
80) National Cultural Audiovisual Archives (NCAA) project of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, implemented by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) has been certified as the world’s first Trusted Digital Repository as per ISO standard
80) The first National workshop on POSHAN Abhiyan involving all the states and union territories was held at – Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi.
81) The third edition of National Conclave on Mines and Minerals will be held in – New Delhi.
82) India and the European Union (EU) have signed an agreement that will enable them to share earth observation data from each other’s satellites.
83) The navies of India and France are currently engaged in a joint bilateral exercise – Varuna-18.
84) India’s Purva Barve has won the Women’s Singles (Under-19) title at the Israel Junior 2018 Badminton tournament held in – Rishon LeZion, Israel.
85) Renowned Hindi poet and critic Kedarnath Singh passed away at the age of 83.
86) The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 21 March – the International Day of Forests (IDF).
87) World Puppetry Day is observed on – March 21, 2018.
88) World Poetry Day is a holiday which falls on – March 21st.
89) The United Nations’ (UN) International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed with a series of events and activities worldwide on – March 21.
90) The state government which has decided to make Telugu a mandatory subject till Class 10 in all public and private schools – Telangana.
91) The Bank which has tie-up with IMGC to offer mortgage guarantee for non-salaried and self-employed home loan customers is – SBI
92) General President-elect Manoj Kumar Chakrabarti announced that the 106th edition of the Indian Science Congress will be held in January 2019 at Barkatullah University Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
93) The country which has been rated the world’s most liveable city for the ninth consecutive year by Mercer in its annual Quality of Living survey – Vienna.
94) General Bipin Rawat, Chief of the Army Staff released a book on Paramveer Chakra Awardees – ‘Paramveer Parwane’.
95) USA bans use of Venezuelan Cryptocurrency- Petro.
96) Myanmar’s President who stepped down after two years in the position is – Htin Kyaw.
97) Nanda Bahadur Pun has been re-elected as the Vice-President of – Nepal.
|President||Bidhya Devi Bhandari|
98) Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated the Inland ferry services in – the port city of Vasco in Goa.
99) General Insurance Corporation is going to start operations at the Lloyd’s London office in – April 2018.
100) India and Hong Kong signed a double taxation avoidance agreement (DTAA) that seeks to improve transparency in tax matters and help curb – tax evasion and avoidance.
101) Naval ships of the UAE and India will hold a first-ever joint exercise – ‘Gulf Star 1’.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 28th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15 to 21st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
/ 5. Reviews