Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 4th Week January 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming Syndicate Bank PO, Canara Bank PO, SBI Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs 4th Week January 2018
1) International Customs Day, well known as the ICD, is celebrated by the custom organizations every year on 26th of January, theme of the day is – A secure business environment for economic development.
2) Ride-hailing startup Uber is planning to launch its bike service UberMOTO in Amritsar and Kanpur.
3) The State which launched its first infertility centre in public sector at Gandhi Hospital – Telangana
|Telangana Chief Minister||K Chandrasekhar Rao|
|Telangana Governor||E.S Lakshmi Narasimhan|
4) Usha Ananthasubramanian has been elected the first woman chairman of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), she is a MD and CEO of – Allahabad Bank.
5) Windies’ all-rounder Kieron Pollard has become the first cricketer to play – 400 T20 matches.
6) Rajnish Kumar, Chairman, State Bank of India, was elected Deputy Chairman of IBA for the year 2017-18.
7) The President has approved the awards for 85 individuals, which includes 3 Padma Vibhushan, 9 Padma Bhushan and 73 Padma Shri.
|Padma Vibhushan Awardees||1) Illaiyaraja – Art-Music
2) Ghulam Mustafa Khan – Art-Music
3) P Parameswaran- Literature and Education
|Padma Bhushan Awardees||1) Pankaj Advani – Sports-Billiards/Snooker
2) Philipose Mar Chrysostom – Others-Spiritualism
3) Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Sports-Cricket
4) Alexander Kadakin (Foreigner/Posthumous) – Public affairs
5) Ramachandran Nagaswamy – Others-Archaeology
6) Ved Prakash Nanda (OCI) – Literature and Education
7) Laxman Pai – Art-Painting
8) Arvind Parikh – Art-Music
9) Sharda Sinha – Art-Music
|Padma Shri Awardees||1) Anwar Jalalpuri (Posthumous) – Literature and Education (Literature – Urdu)
2) Sitavva Joddati – Social Work
3) Manas Bihari Verma – Science & Engineering (Defence)
4) Abhay Bang (Duo) – Medicine, Rani Bang (Duo) – Medicine
5) Damodar Ganesh Bapat – Social Work
6) Prafulla Govinda Baruah – Literature and Education-Journalism
7) Mohan Swaroop Bhatia – Art-Folk Music
8) Sudhanshu Biswas – Social Work
9) Saikhom Mirabai Chanu – Sports-Weightlifting
10) Pandit Shyamlal Chaturvedi – Literature and Education-Journalism
11) Jose Ma Joey Concepcion III (Foreigner) – Trade & Industry
12) Langpoklakpam Subadani Devi – Art-Weaving
13) Somdev Devvarman – Sports-Tennis
14) Yeshi Dhoden – Medicine
15) Arup Kumar Dutta – Literature and Education
16) Doddarange Gowda – Art-Lyrics
17) Arvind Gupta – Literature and Education
18) Digamber Hansda – Literature and Education
19) Ramli Bin Ibrahim (Foreigner) – Art-Dance
20) Piyong Temjen Jamir – Literature and Education
21) Malti Joshi – Literature and Education
22) Manoj Joshi – Art-Acting
23) Rameshwarlal Kabra – Trade & Industry
24) Pran Kishore Kaul – Art
25) Bounlap Keokangna (Foreigner) – Others-Architecture
26) Vijay Kichlu – Art-Music
27) Tommy Koh (Foreigner) – Public Affairs
28) Lakshmikutty – Medicine-Traditional
29) Joyshree Goswami Mahanta – Literature and Education
30) Narayan Das Maharaj – Others-Spiritualism
31) Pravakara Maharana – Art-Sculpture
32) Hun Many (Foreigner) – Public Affairs
33) Nouf Marwaai (Foreigner) – Others- Yoga
34) Zaverilal Mehta – Literature and Education-Journalism
35) Krishna Bihari Mishra – Literature and Education
36) Sisir Purushottam Mishra – Art-Cinema
37) Subhasini Mistry – Social Work
38) Tomio Mizokami (Foreigner) – Literature and Education
39) Somdet Phra Maha Muniwong (Foreigner) – Others-Spiritualism
40) Keshav Rao Musalgaonkar – Literature and Education
41) Thant Myint – U (Foreigner) – Public Affairs
42) V Nanammal – Others-Yoga
43) Sulagitti Narasamma – Social Work
44) Vijayalakshmi Navaneethakrishnan – Art-Folk Music
45) I Nyoman Nuarta (Foreigner) – Art-Sculpture
46) Malai Haji Abdullah Bin Malai Haji Othman (Foreigner) – Social Work
47) Gobaradhan Panika – Art-Weaving
48) Bhabani Charan Pattanaik – Public Affairs
49) Murlikant Petkar – Sports-Swimming
50) Habibullo Rajabov (Foreigner) – Literature and Education
51) M R Rajagopal – Medicine-Palliative Care
52) Sampat Ramteke (Posthumous) – Social Work
53) Chandra Sekhar Rath – Literature and Education
54) S S Rathore – Civil Service
55) Amitava Roy – Science and Engineering
56) Sanduk Ruit (Foreigner) – Medicine-Ophthalmology
57) R Sathyanarayana – Art-Music
58) Pankaj M Shah – Medicine-Oncology
59) Bhajju Shyam – Art-Painting
60) Maharao Raghuveer Singh – Literature and Education
61) Kidambi Srikanth – Sports-Badminton
62) Ibrahim Sutar – Art-Music
63) Siddeshwara Swamiji – Others-Spiritualism
64) Lentina Ao Thakkar – Social Work
65) Vikram Chandra Thakur – Science and Engineering
66) Rudrapatnam Narayanaswamy Tharanathan (Duo) – Art-Music, Rudrapatnam Narayanaswamy Thyagarajan (Duo) – Art-Music
67) Nguyen Tien Thien (Foreigner) – Others-Spiritualism
68) Bhagirath Prasad Tripathi – Literature and Education
69) Rajagopalan Vasudevan – Science and Engineering
70) Panatawane Gangadhar Vithobaji – Literature and Education
71) Romulus Whitaker – Others-Wildlife Conservation
72) Baba Yogendra – Art
73) A Zakia – Literature and Education
8) Martyred Indian Air Force Garud Commando who has been posthumously awarded the Ashoka Chakra on the 69th Republic Day, becoming the first-ever airman to receive the honour for a ground combat operation is – Jyoti Prakash Nirala.
9) Veteran film actress Supriya Devi passed away in Kolkata, She was 85 was – Bengal flim industries.
10) National girl child day is celebrated every year on – 24th January.
11) India has moved up on a global index of talent competitiveness to the 81st position.
12) India to host informal WTO Ministerial gathering in March.
13 ) The country which unveiled plans to build a ‘Polar Silk Road’ across the Arctic as part of its Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) – China.
|China President||Xi Jinping|
14) The third edition of Kerala Literature Festival (KLF) in Kozhikode on – February 8
|Kerala Chief Minister||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Kerala Governor||P. Sathasivam|
15) Government has allowed Small Finance Banks and Payments Banks to offer – Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
16) The government has cut GST rate from 12% to 8% on houses purchased using the credit-linked subsidy scheme (CLSS) under – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna.
17) The amount which Mobile wallet Paytm platform would invest in 2018 to conduct merchant training and awareness initiatives to scale up its operations across the country is – Rs.500 crore.
|Paytm CEO||Vijay Shekhar Sharma|
18) The newly joined Independent director of Federal bank is Abhaya Prasad Hota.
|Federal Bank Headquarters||Aluva, Kochi, Kerala|
|Federal Bank Tagline||Your Perfect Banking Partner|
|Federal Bank CEO||Shyam Srinivasan|
19) The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is won by – Delhi
20) Senior Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh minister whopassed away in Gurugram at the age of 74 – Puran Singh Bedia.
21) Important Days in January 28th – National immunization days (NIDs)
Data Privacy Day
22) Every January last Sunday is celebrated as – World Leprosy Day
23) Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Palestine, UAE and Oman in February
|Palestine Currency||Israeli new Shekel, Egyptian Pound, Jordanian Dinar|
|Palestine President||Mahmoud Abbas|
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
|UAE Currency||United Arab Emirates dirham|
|UAE President||Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
|Oman Currency||Omani Rial|
|Oman Sultan||Qaboos bin Said al Said|
24) Marking the 69th Republic Day celebrations, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) and New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) have launched the first ever – ‘Khadi Haat’
|Delhi Chief Minister||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Delhi Lieutenant Governor||Anil Baijal|
25) Union Home Ministry is planning to set up an apex coordination centre to deal with cyber crimes such as financial frauds, circulation of communal and pornographic contents.
|Ministry of Home Affairs (Cabinet minister)||Rajnath Singh|
|Constituency||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Ministry of Home Affairs (Minister of state)||Kiren Rijiju, Hansraj Gangaram Ahir|
26) The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has planned to set up a ‘Social Media Communication Hub’ that would help it keep a tab on trending news in all – districts
27) Naveen released a book on his father ‘The Tall Man Biju Patnaik’ written by – Sundar Ganesan
28) Legendary playback singer who will be conferred with Yash Chopra Memorial Award for her outstanding contribution to the film industry is – Asha Bhosle
29) The former agriculture commissioner of India and Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan awardee who passed away was Dr Gurcharan Singh Kalkat
30) The Amount which the Airports Authority of India has allocated for the upgradation of airports in the North East region – 3400 Cr
|Airports Authority of India Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Airports Authority of India Chairman||Guruprasad Mohapatra|
31) new colour of the uniform for the Department of Posts personnel, including postmen and multi-tasking staff which was introduced by Communications Minister Manoj Sinha is – khadi.
|Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (Minister of state (Independent charge) for Communications)||Manoj Sinha|
|Constituency||Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh|
32) LED-based wireless communication technology test jointly conducted with IIT-Madras and lighting company Philips India called – Lifi.
33) The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) introduced 150 Wi-Fi hotspots in Pune city on 26 January 2018 , PMC plans to make Pune an entirely digital city by – 2020
|Maharashtra Chief Minister||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Maharashtra Governor||C. Vidyasagar Rao|
34) Homegrown taxi aggregator which has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Assam government for a river taxi service in the state – Ola.
|Assam Chief Minister||Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Assam Governor||Jagdish Mukhi|
35) The country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) raised interest rates on bulk deposits by 50-140 basis points.
|State Bank of India Headquarters||Mumbai|
|State Bank of India Tagline||With you all the way ,Pure banking nothing else, The nation’s bank on us|
|State Bank of India Chairman||Rajnish Kumar|
36) The Bank which has announced the launch of its digital wealth management service is – Equitas Small Finance Bank.
|Equitas Small Finance Bank Headquarters||Chennai|
|Equitas Small Finance Bank (Part-time Chairman)||Arun Ramanathan|
37) Leading car maker who has apologize for the Newyork times reports revealed that it funded a 2014 study that exposed monkeys to toxic diesel fumes – Volkswagen
38) The leading Mobile payments company which have formed a joint venture with Alibaba Group-owned AGTech Holdings Ltd to launch Gamepind, a gaming platform aimed at mobile users in India- Paytm
|Paytm CEO||Vijay Shekhar Sharma|
|AGTech Holdings Headquarters||Hong Kong|
39) The Indian Parliamentary Group has announced five Outstanding Parliamentarian Awards for five consecutive years from 2013.The awards are listed below:
|2013||Manipur Governor Najma A Heptulla|
|2014||BJP’s Lok Sabha member Hukumdev Narayan Yadav|
|2015||Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad|
|2016||Trinamool Congress’ Dinesh Trivedi|
40) Malayalam cine star Mohanlal and former sprint queen P T Usha were conferred with Honorary D.Lit degrees by – the Calicut University.
41) Former world number one badminton player who was conferred with Badminton Association of India’s (BAI) inaugural Lifetime Achievement award for his contribution to the sport – Prakash Padukone.
42) The city which Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives to attend the annual meeting of 48th World Economic Forum – Davos in Switzerland.
|Theme of the summit||Creating a Shared Future in a Fractured World|
43) Indian Navy’s first all-women crew of Indian Naval Sailing Vessel- INSV Tarini entered Port Stanley Falkland islands.
44) The country which has launched an online portal for citizens to report what they consider as fake news – Itali.
|Italy Country||Euro, Italian Lira|
|Italy President||Sergio Mattarella|
45) The state which organised the three-day Kachra Mahotsav 2018, India’s first Garbage Festival– Chhattisgarh.
|Chhattisgarh Chief Minister||Raman Singh|
|Chhattisgarh Governor||Balram Dass Tandon|
46) The city which host the eighth edition of the International Conference on Wild Silk is – Guwahati
|Assam Chief Minister||Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Assam Governor||Jagdish Mukhi|
47) In Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu inaugurated the World War II Memorial Museum in Jairampur in Changlang District.
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar, Guwahati (Judiciary)|
|Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister||Pema Khandu|
|Arunachal Pradesh Governor||BD Mishra|
48) The Khelo India School Games are being held from 31st January to 8th February 2018 in New Delhi.
49) Rank of India in steel producer is – Three.
- India has overtaken the US to become the world’s third-largest steel producer.
- Country’s crude steel production grew by 6.2% to 101.4 million tonnes, MT, in 2017 compared to 95.5 MT in 2016, according to the report by World Steel Association.
- China lead the table followed by Japan
50) During Indian PM visit to Palestine Narendra Modi will inaugurate Palestine Institute of Diplomacy.
51) Special Chief Secretary who was appointed the new Chief Secretary of Telangana – S K Joshi
52) Private sector Axis Bank launched the fourth edition of ‘Evolve’ in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.It is an annual multi-city knowledge series for Bank’s small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) customers. The current edition of ‘evolve’ is titled as “Transform your Family Business into your dream company”.
53) The Asian Development Bank and the Indian Government have signed a 250 million dollar loan to finance the construction of over 6 thousand 2 hundred kilometres rural roads for 5 states Assam, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
54) The ground which will host the final of both the men’s and women’s World Twenty20 when the tournaments come to Australia in 2020 – Melbourne Cricket Ground.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15 to 21st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
/ 5. Reviews