World Autism Awareness Day 2021 Theme: The United Nations Celebrates World Autism Day every year to raise awareness among people about autism. World Autism Awareness Day 2021 Theme is provided below to understand what is autism and spread kindness and support to the affected persons. World Autism Awareness Day 2021 Theme is given below in this article.
The UN Secretary-General’s message for World Autism Awareness Day 2021 Theme is, As we work together to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, one key goal must be to build a more inclusive and accessible world that recognizes the contributions of all people, including persons with disabilities. Support and spread kindness to the affected persons on this World Autism Awareness Day 2021 Theme.
What is Autism?
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a broad term used to describe a group of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- These disorders are characterized by problems with communication and social interaction.
- People with ASD often demonstrate restricted, repetitive, and stereotyped interests or patterns of behavior.
- ASD is found in individuals around the world, regardless of race, culture, or economic background.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source, autism does occur more often in boys than in girls, with a 4 to 1 male-to-female ratio.
- The CDC estimated in 2014 that nearly 1 in 59 children have been identified with ASD.
- There are indications that instances of ASD are on the rise. Some attribute this increase to environmental factors.
- However, experts debate whether there’s an actual increase in cases or just more frequent diagnoses.
World Autism Awareness Day 2021: History
- The resolution to celebrate World Autism Day was passed by the United Nations General Assembly on November 1, 2007.
- And was adopted on December 18, 2007.
Crack competitive exams with,
Symptoms of Autism:
- Autism symptoms typically become clearly evident during early childhood, between 12 and 24 months of age.
- However, symptoms may also appear earlier or later.
- Early symptoms may include a marked delay in language or social development.
- The DSM-5 divides symptoms of autism into two categories: problems with communication and social interaction, and restricted or repetitive patterns of behavior or activities.
World Autism Awareness Day 2021 Theme
- Since 2012, every year the UN has given a theme for the celebration of the World Autism Awareness Day. For this year 2021, the theme is,
‘Inclusion in the Workplace: Challenges and Opportunities in a Post-Pandemic World’.