World Liver Day 2021 Theme: World Liver Day is celebrated every year on 19th April to inform people about liver infections so that timely treatment from preventable illnesses can be sought. World Liver Day 2021 Theme is observed to raise awareness about the second most complex and Second largest organ in the human body. World Liver Day 2021 Theme is celebrated to raise awareness about the importance of the liver and the significance of taking care of it. The National Health Portal of India marks World Liver Day 2021 Theme for people to lead a healthy lifestyle and avoid excessive use of alcohol.
Everything we drink or eat, including medicine, passes through the liver. It is impossible to survive without a liver. It is also said that the liver is an organ that can easily be damaged if you don’t take good care of it. The functions, Cleansing tips of the liver are explained here on this World Liver Day 2021 Theme article.
- The liver is an organ only found in vertebrates which detoxifies various metabolites, synthesizes proteins, and produces biochemicals necessary for digestion and growth.
- In humans, it is located in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen, below the diaphragm.
- Its other roles in metabolism include the regulation of glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, and the production of hormones.
Interesting Facts About Liver:
- Your liver consists of 96% water. (The water is inside the cells and in blood.)
- Medical words to do with the liver often have hepatic – or hepatic in them. This comes from the Greek word for liver.
- Your liver can regenerate (re-build) itself.
- Your liver is bigger than your brain.
Why Should we keep our liver Healthy?
The importance of the Liver on this World Liver Day 2021 Theme is given below.
- Fight’s infections and illness
- Controls the blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Removes toxic substances from the body
- Releases bile and aids in digestion
- Breaks down medications and drugs, including alcohol.
Foods that will make your liver happy:
On this World Liver Day 2021 Theme, know the food that will make your liver healthy and happy.
- It is healthy to use olive oil.
- It is important to eat garlic, grapefruit, carrot, green leafy vegetables, apples, and walnuts.
- Take a lemon, lime juice, and green tea.
- Prefer alternative grains like millet.
- Add cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- It will be good to use turmeric in food.
Diseases associated with liver:
- Diseases caused by viruses, such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C.
- Diseases caused by drugs, poisons, or too much alcohol. Examples include fatty liver disease and cirrhosis.
- Liver cancer.
- Inherited diseases, such as hemochromatosis and Wilson disease.
These are the some must known facts about the liver on this World Liver Day 2021 Theme.