Dear Readers, Here we have given the Important Information about BHIM APP and UPI which was most essential Banking Awareness Topic for Upcoming IBPS, SBI, RBI, and all other Banking Exams, candidates who are preparing for competitive exams can use this.
Important Points About BHIM App and UPI – Banking Awareness
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM APP):
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM App) is a mobile app developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). It was based on the Unified Payment Interface (UPI). The BHIM app supports all Indian banks which use that platform, which is built over the IMPS infrastructure and allows the user to instantly transfer money between bank accounts of any two persons. It can be used on all smart mobile phones.
Features of BHIM App:
- BHIM App allows users to send or receive money to or from UPI payment addresses and also to non-UPI-based accounts.
- Users can create their own QR code for a fixed amount of money, which is helpful in retail transactions. Users can also have more than one payment address.
- Allows users to check the current balance in their bank accounts and to choose which account to use for conducting transactions, although only one can be active at any time.
- No need to register the payee before the transaction.
- For using the BHIM app there is no need for Internet Banking.
- There is ‘Scan and Pay’ facility which makes the payment transfer quick, especially between merchants and consumers.
- There is no charge for transactions from 1 to Rs. 1 lakh.
- BHIM App currently supports 20 languages including English.
Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is an instant real-time payment system developed by the National Payments Corporation of India facilitating inter-bank transactions. It has been developed for all payments in the country to make the transfer of money easy and simple.
UPI is built over Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) for transferring funds. Being a digital payment system it is available 24*7 and across public holidays. The UPI was launched on 11th April 2016 in Mumbai. It is a system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application, merging several banking features, seamless fund routing, and merchant payments into a single platform.
UPI withdraws and deposits funds directly from the bank account whenever a transaction is requested. At the initial, ten major banks have integrated the interface with their mobile apps and they are State Bank of India, Canara Bank, BOI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda, HSBC, and Citi Bank.
Features of UPI:
- The service is available 24/7.
- UPI system will not at all include the wallets.
- Charges can be applied depending on the amount of money transferred.
- The transaction will be shown as an IMPS Bank transfer in the bank account statement.
- Merchants will not be able to track even the account number.
- No need to carry debit or credit cards which also sometimes leads to security problems.
- The limit on transactions through the UPI system is Rs. 1 lakh.
- All UPI-enabled banks will allow their apps to be consolidated for single-window operations.
- Both the sender and receiver should have UPI enabled platform for the transaction to take place.