This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day of Non-Violence
- The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on 2 October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian independence movement and pioneer of the philosophy and strategy of non-violence.
- The year 2020 marks 151st birth anniversary of the global peace icon who was born on 2 October 1869, in Porbandar in Gujarat.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- The month of October is observed as breast cancer awareness month.
- During this month different activities are conducted worldwide to create awareness about this type of cancer affecting a large population of women.
- Breast cancer is the most prevalent form of cancer. This disease has become a major problem all across the world including India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Tamil Nadu and Arunachal Pradesh integrated with existing national portability cluster under One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- Two more States, Tamil Nadu and Arunachal Pradesh have been integrated today withexisting national portability cluster of 26 States/UTs under One Nation One Ration Card.
- With this, a total of 28 States/UTs are now seamlessly connected with each other under the One Nation One Ration Card plan.
- “One Nation One Ration Card” plan, which aims to provide an option to all NFSA beneficiaries. The beneficiaries of these states can lift their entitled foodgrains under NFSA from any ePoS enabled Fair Price Shop (FPS) of their choice anywhere in the country, by using their existing/same ration card with Aadhaar authentication on ePoS device.
PM Modi to inaugurate VAIBHAV Summit through video conferencing
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate VaishvikBhartiyaVaigyanik, VAIBHAV Summit through video conferencing. The VAIBHAV Summit is a global virtual summit of overseas and resident Indian researchers and academicians. The Summit will continue till the 31st of this month.
- The aim of the summit is to bring Indian origin luminaries in academic institutes and Research and Development organizations across the world and resident counterparts on a single platform to debate upon collaboration mechanisms to strengthen academic and Science and Technology base in India for global development.
- The inauguration will be followed by online deliberation sessions. The initiative involves multiple levels of interactions among overseas experts and Indian counterparts over a month-long series of webinars, video conferences etc. More than 3 thousand overseas Indian origin academicians and scientists from 55 countries and more than 10 thousand resident academicians and scientists are taking part in the summit.
PM to dedicate to nation world’s longest high altitude tunnel ‘Atal Tunnel’ on Oct 3
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation the world’s longest high altitude tunnel, the Atal Tunnel, atRohtang. It is built at an altitude of 10000 feet. The 2 km long highway tunnel has been constructed at an estimated cost of 3,200 crore rupees.
- The tunnel will prove to be beneficial for the development of the tribal area of Lahaul-Spiti which remains isolated for six months due to heavy snowfall at Rohtang Pass.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the world’s longest 9.2 km all-weather motorable Atal tunnel Rohtang located at an altitude of 10,000 feet to the people of the country. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will also be present on this occasion.
Arjun Munda to launch largest market of tribal products ‘Tribes India E-Marketplace’
- Minister of Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda will virtually launch India’s largest handicraftand organic products marketplace- Tribes India E-Marketplace on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- TRIFED will showcase the produce and handicrafts of tribal enterprises from across the country. It will help them market their products directly.
- On this occasion, Mr Arjun Munda will also flag off several other TRIFED initiatives that are aimed to support tribal brethren. These include the inauguration of Tribes India’s 123rd and 124th outlets in Rishikesh and Kolkata, inclusion of new tribal product ranges from the states of Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh and partnership of TRIFED and Tribes India with Amazon in their Seller Flex program. Mr Munda will also launch Pakur Honey which is 100 per cent natural honey , gathered by SanthalTribals from Pakur, Jharkhand.
About Ministry of Tribal Affairs:
- Arjun Munda, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Khunti
- Renuka Singh Saruta, Minister of State
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
BRICS Bank Approves Loan worth USD 741 million for Mumbai Metro & Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Rapid Rail
- The New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries has approved USD 241 million loan for Mumbai Metro and USD 500 million for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Project.
- The Mumbai Metro Rail II Project aims to improve Mumbai’s transport and traffic conditions by providing a modern metro system, featuring high-capacity, safe and comfortable mode of transport.
- It is used for the purpose of implementing a metro rail Line 6 with a length of about 14.47 km in the city of Mumbai.
- The loan would be used by the National Capital Region Transport Corporation Limited (NCRTC) for construction of a rapid rail corridor connecting the National Capital Territory of Delhi with the cities of Ghaziabad and Meerut located in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- The RRTS will have a total length of 15 km (68.03 km elevated and 14.12 km underground) with 25 stations.
- It will have a design speed of 180 km per hour, maximum operating speed of 160 km per hour and high-frequency operations, which will reduce the journey time from Delhi to Meerut to 60 minutes.
- Headquarters: Shanghai, China
- President: Marcos Troyjo
RBI defers Basel III provisions amid covid uncertainty
- The Reserve Bank of India deferred implementation of provisions made under Basel III capital due to uncertainty related to Covid crisis.
- In two separate notifications, RBI stated it would push back the final tranche of the capital conservation buffer (CCB) and the implementation of net stable funding ratio by six months.
- The capital conservation buffer (CCB) is designed to ensure that banks build up capital buffers during normal times which can be drawn down as losses are incurred during a stressed period
- RBI had asked banks to build up CCB of 2.5% in stages. The final stage of 0.625% was to be kept from 30 September 2020. This has been deferred to 1 April, 2020. The RBI had earlier deferred the implementation by six months from 31 March 2020.
- The net stable funding ratio (NSFR) ensures reduction in funding risk over a longer time horizon by requiring banks to fund their activities with sufficiently stable sources of funding. This is intended to mitigate the risk of future funding stress.
- As per the guidelines, banks in India were required to maintain NSFR of 100% from 1 April 2020. The RBI has now deferred it for a second time to 1 April 2021.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Shri M. K. Jain, Shri B.P. Kanungo,Michael Debabrata Patra.
Indian Bank launched Green-Tech Initiative “IB-eNote”
- Indian Bank has launched a green initiative named “IB-eNote” to enable a total paperless working environment. This tool enables processing and tracking of notes put up by various offices digitally.
- The bank for this initiative has customised SharePoint, one of the features of Microsoft Office. The Bank also launched ‘Ind Guru’, an e-learning platform for its employees.
- The IB e-Note is a tool that enables processing and tracking of notes put up by various offices digitally. This green initiative is expected to improve Turnaround Time considerably, besides saving on cost of paper, printing and other administrative expenses. For this Bank has customised SharePoint, which is one of the features of Microsoft Office. Microsoft is a leading technology company that has pioneered many industry-firsts.
- Bank’s endeavor is to achieve greater efficiencies by consistently empowering its biggest asset – human resources/ staff members. And with IB e-Note, Bank is taking another step in that direction.
About Indian Bank:
- Headquarters: Chennai
- Tagline :Your Own Bank, Banking That’s Twice As Good
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
CBDT extends deadline for filing belated, revised ITRs for AY 2019-20 to November 30
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extended the deadline for filing belated and revised ITRs for Assessment Year 2019-20 from September 30, 2020 to November 30, 2020 due to difficulties faced by people in the wake of coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is to be noted that this is the fourth extension given by the Centre to taxpayers to file both original and revised tax returns for 2018-19 fiscal.
- Revised return can be filed online under Section 139(5)of the Income Tax Act.
- If a person after furnishing the Income Tax Return finds any mistake, omission or any wrong statement then he/she is liable for a revised ITR filing. It can be mistake in the name spelling, bank account number etc. The revised IT return should be filed within prescribed time limit.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman:Pramod Chandra Mody
Google India launches campaign to drive demand for small businesses
- Google India announced the launch of its nationwide campaign to help support small businesses and drive demand through customer support.
- The tech giant’s ‘‘Make Small Strong’ campaign is meant to “rally support from the citizens for small businesses by buying locally, leaving reviews and ratings and promoting their favourite retailers on social media to help generate demand for these businesses, stated Shalini Girish, Customer Solutions Director at Google India.
- The new initiative is based on feedback from SMBs as part of a research by Google in collaboration with Kantar. According to the report, 5 out of 10 businesses are engaging customers through digital channels. However, 92 per cent of businesses overall are facing customer-related challenges, revenue loss due to low demand and payment of fixed costs.
- Google India, as part of its ongoing initiatives for SMBs, also announced new partnerships with Zoho, Instamojo, Dunzo and Swiggy.
- As part of the partnership, Zoho is offering a free three-month subscription for three of its services, Zoho Sites, Zoho Inventory and Zoho Commerce. The offer is valid until March 31, 2021.
- Instamojo, as part of its partnership, will offer a six-month free subscription to its ‘Premium Online Store Solution’.
About Google :
- Headquarters:California, U.S.
- CEO: SundarPichai
- CFO:Ruth Porat
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Kerala’s first and nation’s twentieth mega food park Inaugurated
- Kerala’s first and nation’s twentieth mega food park in Palakkad district of Kerala was virtually inaugurated by the Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Minister of Kerala, PinarayiVijayan.
- MFP will play an important role in providing assistance and relief to the farmers of Kerala. With this, the conditions of farmers will improve with the involvement of agricultural entrepreneurs.
- The facilities created in the park will not only reduce wastage of agricultural produce but will also ensure value addition.
- Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (Kinfra)Mega Food Parkhas been set up in 79.42 acres of land at a project cost of 102.13 crore.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: PinarayiVijayan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
SJVN signs MoU with Govt. of India for year 2020-21
- SJVN Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with of India for the year 2020-21. The MOU was signed between Shri S.N. Sahai, Secretary (Power), Government of India and Shri Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN. The MoU was signed through Video Conferencing.
- As per the targets set in MOU, SJVN shall strive to achieve 9680 Million Units of electricity generation during the year under the ‘Excellent’ category. Further, SJVN will have Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) target of 2880 Crores and Turnover target of Rs. 2800 Crores under ‘Excellent’ category along with other targets related to operational efficiency and Project monitoring.
Tata Steel & CSIR sign MoU
- Considering the importance of Carbon Capture, Utilisation& Storage (CCUS) in India’s fight against Climate Change and Global Warming, meeting the growing energy demands and building a strong ecosystem to meet commitments under Paris Agreement, Tata Steel Limited and the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) have joined hands to work in the field of CCUS.
- As part of this strategic MoU signed between Tata Steel Limited and the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), the teams from Tata Steel and CSIR will work towards accelerating development and deployment of CCUS technologies in the steel industry. These technologies would expedite transition to a decarbonised economy in other carbon intensive sectors like Power, Cement, and Fertilizer etc.
- This collaboration would entail work across key areas of CO2 capture, utilization and storage and would be co-led by Dr. Rakesh Kumar, Director NEERI (National Environmental Engineering Research Institute) as the CSIR nodal and Dr. DebashishBhattacharjee, VP, Technology & New Materials Business, Tata Steel. In addition, several other CSIR laboratories would also participate given their diverse competencies in this area.
About Tata Steel:
- CEO: T. V. Narendran
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Director General: Shekhar C. Mande
- Head quarters : Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Air Marshal RJ Duckworth takes over as AOP
- Air Marshal RJ Duckworth took over as Air Officer in charge Personnel at Air Headquarters, New Delhi.
- He has a flying experience of more than 3000 hours including operational flying on MiG-21 and MiG-29 fighter aircraft.
- In recognition of his distinguished service,the Air Marshal was awarded VishishtSeva Medal in 2008.
Shri Apurva Chandra joins as Secretary, Ministry of Labour& Employment
- Shri Apurva Chandrahas assumed charge as new Secretary, Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- He was serving as Special Director General, Defence Acquisition, Ministry of Defence, a position where he played a key role in contributing towards AtmaNirbhar Bharat in terms of greater defence acquisition from domestic industry and at the same time keeping Defence Forces equipped with all its challenging requirements.
S Aparna assumes charge as new Union Pharma Secretary
- Ms S Aparna has assumed charge as Secretary in the Department of Pharmaceuticals Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Govt.of India.
- Ms Aparna has replaced Dr PD Vaghela who superannuated on 30 September 2020.
- Ms S Aparna was appointed to the post of Executive Director, World Bank in 2017, representing the Constituency of India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- She has also served as the Principal Secretary to the then Gujarat CM .
DevyaniKhobragade Appointed India’s Next Ambassador To Cambodia
- Indian Foreign Service officer DevyaniUttamKhobragade has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to Cambodia.
- Ms Khobragade, is currently serving as a joint secretary in the ministry at its headquarters in Delhi.
- She then was serving as India’s deputy consul general in New York.
- Capital: Phnom Penh
- Currency: Cambodian riel
SBI appoints CharanjitSurinder Singh Attra as CFO
- State Bank of India (SBI) stated CharanjitSurinder Singh Attra has been appointed as Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- India’s largest bank had invited applications from eligible candidates for the post of CFO on a contract basis in June 2020.Prior to this appointment, Attra was a partner with EY India.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Gajendra Singh Shekhawat gives away Swachh Bharat Awards 2020; Gujarat bags first position under SwachhSundarSamudayakShouchalaya category
- The Swachh Bharat Awards-2020were given to States, Districts, Blocks and Village Panchayats by Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat. The awards were given particularly under drinking water and cleanliness categories.
- The Union Government had earlier launched three missions under SwachhSundarSamudayikShouchalaya, SamudayikShouchalayaAbhiyanand GandagiMukth Bharat. Under the SwachhSundarSamudayikShouchalaya category Gujarat bagged the first position at state level whereas Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu got the Award for cleanliness at District Level.
- Khachrod block in Ujjain district in Madhya Pradesh was awarded the first position and Chinnanur Village in Tamil Nadu bagged the top slot at Gram Panchayat level. Under the SamudayikShouchalayaAbhiyan, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh were awarded as the best performing states whereas Prayagraj and Bareilly got it for being the best performing districts. Under the GandagiMukth Bharat Mission, Haryana and Telangana were awarded the top slot.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Mumbai ranks 2nd after Delhi in crimes against women, reveals NCRB data
- According to the latest data released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB),Mumbai recorded 6,519 cases, after national capital Delhi at 12,902 cases during the year 2019.However, there has been a drop of 1.5 per cent in crimes in Maharashtra.
- In year 2019, the state recorded 3.41 lakh cases, down from 3.46 lakh in the previous year.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data has revealed that overall the crime cases against women in Mumbai in last two years have been 6,058 and 5,453 respectively.
- Sadly, the city has ranked first in cases of insult to women’s modesty at 575 (Delhi is second at 456).
- Mumbai also has the highest number of sexual harassment incidents on public transport and recorded the highest number of cases for use of children in pornography.
- The financial capital also ranked third on the list of rape cases after Delhi and Jaipur.
- As for the cyber crimes, the NCRB data shows that Mumbai, for the third consecutive year, has stood second on the list after Bengaluru.Bengaluru is way ahead with 10,555 cases while Mumbai is at 2,527.
About National Crime Records Bureau:
- Headquarters: Delhi
- Director :RamphalPawar, IPS
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Agnibaan rocket by Indian start-up to be test launched from Alaska, USA
- Indian aerospace start-up AgniKul Cosmos has signed a memorandum of agreement with Alaska Aerospace Corporation to test launch their Indian-made Agnibaan rocket from the Pacific Spaceport Complex Alaska (PSCA) on Kodiak Island in the United States. The launch from Alaska is expected to take place from 2022 onwards.
- They include US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) launch licensing, US export control, and will comply with export laws & regulations in India to receive necessary clearances from the Indian authorities as well.
- The aim is to define launch vehicle-spaceport interfaces, related procedures and conduct at least one test launch from PSCA.
- AgniKul Cosmos Private Limited is a Chennai, India-based start-up incubated at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
Rare fish family with lineage going back to Gondwanaland found in Kerala
- A fish belived to have a lineage going back to Gondwanaland has been discovered from paddy fields of Kerala. The bony freshwater fish is stated to have survived even after the parting away of the Asian and African continents which began some 120 million years
- “The researchers at the Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER), Pune, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS), Nirmalagiri College in Kerala, Natural History Museums in London and Berne, along with Senckenberg Natural History Collections, Germany, were part of the discovery of the fish family named Aenigmachannidae, ” stated.
- The team reached the conclusion that the fish is a ‘living fossil’. The research was carried using CT scans and detailed analysis of the specimen.
- The discovery, however, was made last year post-sunset along the paddy fields of Mallapuram district in north Kerala.
- Another distinct feature of the newly discovered fish family is that it remains subterranean.
- Even though about 10 enigmatic subterranean fish species are known to be present in Kerala, just how Aenigmachannidae was spotted here remains a mystery.
National Institute of Nutrition Changes Average Weight, Height Measurements for Indian Men and Women
- The National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), in its new report, has increased the average body weight for Indians by 5kg. Accordingly, the average weight for Indian men has been increased from the 60kg set in 2010 to 65kg now, while that of Indian women has been changed from 50kg from 10 years ago to 55kg at present.
- Along with the change in the average weight of men and women, the NIN has also revised the heights. Now, the average height for Indian men is 5.8 feet (177 cm), and that for women is 5.3 feet (162 cm). Earlier, the average heights for men and women were considered to be 5.6 feet (171cm) and 5 feet (152 cm), respectively.
- Now, this revised weight and height for both men and women will be taken into account for the calculation of normal body mass index (BMI).
- The decision to revise the average height and weight for Indians was taken due to the increased intake of nutritional food. In order to take this decision, data from the rural as well as the urban areas was taken into account, unlike 10 years ago, when only urban data was used, reports the Times of India.
- The 2020 panel derived the body weight and height values using data taken from all over India, including the National Family Health Survey 4 of 2015-2016, the National Nutrition Monitoring Bureau of the same year, the WHO report of 2006 to 2007, and the Indian Academy of Paediatrics of 2015.
- The definition of a reference Indian adult with regard to age has also been changed to 19-39 years instead of 20-39 years.
- The ICMR expert committee has, for the first time, considered recommendations for fibre-based energy intake. They have mentioned about 40 grams per 2000 kilocalories of food consumption to be safe.
- Furthermore, the fat intake for individuals with sedentary, moderate, and heavy activities has been set at 25, 30, and 40 grams per day for men, and 20, 25, and 30 grams per day for women. Back in 2010, recommendations for fat intake for both men and women were common.
- As for dietary intake of carbohydrates, the expert team has suggested a requirement of 100 grams a day for one-year-old and above, and up to 130 grams per day.
- Meanwhile, the intake limit for common salt or iodine has remained the same at 5 grams per day, with the sodium intake limited to 2 grams a day. Lastly, an intake of 3,510 milligrams of potassium is recommended for an individual per day as part of his/her nutritional value to the body.
About National Institute of Nutrition:
- Director: Dr. R. Hemalatha
- Head quarters: Hyderabad
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Coast Guard ship KanaklataBarua commissioned in Kolkata
- Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV)ICGS ‘KanaklataBarua’ of the Indian Coast Guard was commissioned at the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd., Kolkata.
- The commissioning was done through video conferencing by JiweshNandan, additional secretary, Ministry of Defence and was attended by senior officials of the Indian Coast Guard and GRSE, including its chairman and managing director Rear Admiral V K Saxena (retd).
- ICGS KanaklataBarua is one of thefive FPVs built by GRSE.
- The FPVs are medium-range surface vessels with a length of 50 metres, width of 7.5 metres and displacement of around 308 tonnes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Indian Bank Chairman Gopalakrishnan passes away
- Former Indian Bank Chairman and TamilnaduYadavaMahasabai president M Gopalakrishnan passed away. He was 86.
- Gopalakrishnan joined Indian Bank as an unpaid officer in 1958. He went on to become its CMD in 1988 and continued in the post till December 1995.
Artist KC Sivasankar, illustrator of Vikram and Betal series, passes away at 97
- Veteran artist KC Sivasankar, who contributed to the field of art for over 60 years, passed away.
- He had illustrated for popular children’s magazine Chandamama aka Ambulimama.
- He was the artist behind the signature painting of Vikram and Betal series that featured in the magazine, among many others that he created.
Kuwait Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Sabah passes away aged 91
- Kuwait’s Emir, Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmed al-Sabah, has passed away at the age of
- He had ruled the oil-rich Gulf Arab state since 2006 and had overseen its foreign policy for more than 50 years.
- He was dubbed the “dean of Arab diplomacy” for his efforts to restore relations with states that backed Iraq during the 1990-1991 Gulf War, when Kuwait was invaded by Iraqi forces.
- His 83-year-old half-brother, Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmed, has been named by the cabinet as his successor.
- Capital: Kuwait City
- Currency: Kuwaiti dinar
DAILY CA 1st OCT
- International Day of the Older Persons -1st oct
- International Coffee Day- 1st oct
- World Vegetarian Day- 1st oct
- NITI Aayog and Embassy of the Netherlands sign Statement of Intent on ‘Decarbonization and Energy Transition Agenda’
- ThaawarchandGehlot launches Ambedkar Social Innovation & Incubation Mission under Venture Capital Fund for SCs
- Centre releases COVID-19 Safe Workplace Guidelines for Industry
- South Eastern Railway launches project to enhance security of women passengers
- Bandhan Bank strengthens leadership team, ropes in ex-Bajaj Capital CEO as digital head
- SBI in tie-up to offer digital payment solutions to HUL retailers and distributors
- NHB imposes penalty of Rs.1.5 lakh plus GST on HDFC
- Uttarakhand CM inaugurates first Pirul power project.
- Nagaland launches livelihood generation programme for returnees
- NHPC signs MoU with Ministry of Power for FY2021
- General Atlantic to invest Rs.3,675 crore in Reliance Retail for 0.84% stake
- Japan’s Kyokuto Kaihatsu Kogyo acquires Bengaluru-based Satrac Engineering.
- Adani Green completes acquisition of 205 MW solar assets from Essel
- ITBP chief S SDeswal given additional charge of National Security Guard DG
- Bengal Peerless ropes in former cricket captain SouravGanguly as brand ambassador
- Purnachandra Rao Surapaneni is new National President of IACC
- Kerala Tourism bags prestigious PATA Grand Award
- DRDO successfully test fires Brahmos surface-to-surface cruise missile
- IIT-Madras, MIT to develop productive usage of agricultural, industrial by-products
- Sports Minister Rijiju launches new SAI logo
DAILY CA 2nd OCT
- International Day of Non-Violence- 2ndoct
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month- october
- Tamil Nadu and Arunachal Pradesh integrated with existing national portability cluster under One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- PM Modi to inaugurate VAIBHAV Summit through video conferencing
- PM to dedicate to nation world’s longest high altitude tunnel ‘Atal Tunnel’ on Oct 3
- Arjun Munda to launch largest market of tribal products ‘Tribes India E-Marketplace’
- BRICS Bank Approves Loan worth USD 741 million for Mumbai Metro & Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Rapid Rail
- RBI defers Basel III provisions amid covid uncertainty
- Indian Bank launched Green-Tech Initiative “IB-eNote”
- CBDT extends deadline for filing belated, revised ITRs for AY 2019-20 to November 30
- Google India launches campaign to drive demand for small businesses
- Kerala’s first and nation’s twentieth mega food park Inaugurated
- SJVN signs MoU with Govt. of India for year 2020-21
- Tata Steel & CSIR sign MoU
- Air Marshal RJ Duckworth takes over as AOP
- Shri Apurva Chandra joins as Secretary, Ministry of Labour& Employment
- S Aparna assumes charge as new Union Pharma Secretary
- DevyaniKhobragade Appointed India’s Next Ambassador To Cambodia
- SBI appoints CharanjitSurinder Singh Attra as CFO
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat gives away Swachh Bharat Awards 2020; Gujarat bags first position under SwachhSundarSamudayakShouchalaya category
- Mumbai ranks 2nd after Delhi in crimes against women, reveals NCRB data
- Agnibaan rocket by Indian start-up to be test launched from Alaska, USA
- Rare fish family with lineage going back to Gondwanaland found in Kerala
- National Institute of Nutrition Changes Average Weight, Height Measurements for Indian Men and Women
- Indian Coast Guard ship KanaklataBarua commissioned in Kolkata
- Former Indian Bank Chairman Gopalakrishnan passes away
- Artist KC Sivasankar, illustrator of Vikram and Betal series, passes away at 97
- Kuwait Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Sabah passes away aged 91