This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
National Nutrition Week
- National Nutrition Week is observed every year from 1st September to 7th September since 1982 and can be considered a significant period to raise awareness on the therapeutic effects of foods.
- The events of NNW are organised by the Food and Nutrition Board of the Ministry of Women and Child Development(WCD), Government of India to educate the importance and role of nutrition in the human body.
National Nutrition Month
- The month of September will be observed as ‘Nutrition Month’ in the entire nation.
- The entire month of September 2020 is being celebrated as Rashtriya Poshan Maah which is PM’s overreaching scheme for holistic nourishment – Poshan Abhiyaan is a multi-ministerial convergence mission to address malnutrition with a targeted approach by 2022.
- During nutrition month, a food and nutrition quiz will be organized on My Govportal and there will be a meme competition.
World Coconut Day
- World Coconut Day is celebrated on September 2 every year. The day is celebrated to create awareness about the benefits of coconut.
- The first-ever celebration of world coconut day was in the year
- This year the theme of World Coconut Day 2020 is – “Invest in Coconut to save the world”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Coal India to invest over Rs 1.22 lakh crore on 500 projects by 2023-24
- Coal India Ltd (CIL) will invest over 22 lakh crore rupees on development of nearly 500 projects related to coal evacuation, infrastructure, project development, exploration and clean coal technologies in the country. The investment aims at making India self-reliant in terms of coal and achieve the production target of 1 billion tonnes by 2023-2024.
- Coal and Mines Minister Pralhad Joshi stated involvement of all concerned stakeholders in company’s affairs will reduce and uncover the project risks. He informed that the national miner, CIL, will be investing around 14 thousand 200 crore rupees over the next 3 to 4 years, in two phases for its 49 First Mile Connectivity projects. First Mile Connectivity is the transportation of coal from pitheads to dispatch points. Computer-aided loading technology of coal is being developed to replace the existing methodology of transportation via road.
- Coal India has also identified 15 greenfield projects which will be operated under the Mine Developer and Operator (MDO) model. Overall nearly 34 thousand 600 crore rupees will be invested through this route. In the meeting, Coal India also announced an array of measures for relaxations and exemptions for greater participation of its stakeholders. The experience criteria has been brought down from 65 per cent to 50 per cent for mining tenders, while work experience criteria are relaxed by 50 per cent in turnkey contracts.
About Coal India Ltd:
- CEO: Anil Kumar Jha
- Headquarters: Kolkata
Indian power market goes green with launch of pan-India GTAM in electricity
- Indian power market has gone green with the launch of pan-India Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM) in electricity.
- New and Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh stated the introduction of GTAM platform would lessen the burden on Renewable Energy-rich States. He added that the GTAM platform will lead to an increase in the number of participants in the renewable energy sector.
- It will benefit buyers of renewable energy through competitive prices and transparent and flexible procurement. It will also benefit renewable energy sellers by providing access to the pan-India market. GTAM contracts will allow additional avenues to the renewable energy generators for sale of energy.
- Government’s target of 175 Gigawatt renewable energy capacity by 2022 is driving accelerated renewable penetration pan-India.
About Ministry of New and Renewable Energy:
- Raj Kumar Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge)
- Constituency: Arrah
Dept. of Fertilizers to observe Swachhta Pakhwada from 1st to 15th September
- The Department of Fertilizers is observing Swachhta Pakhwada from 1st to 15th September. All Public Sector Undertakings and other Organisations under the Department are participating in the Swachhta Abhiyan.
- Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister D V Sadananda Gowda stated that Swachhta Pakhwada has gained even greater importance this year in view of the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
- He stated that the efforts of the entire fertilizer industry, dealers and traders will yield visible positive results in the country’s endeavour for cleanliness.
About Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers:
- V. Sadananda Gowda, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency : Bangalore North
- Mansukh L. Mandaviya, Minister of State
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
China to unveil statue of Dr Dwarkanath Kotnis, the most celebrated Indian doctor in China
- China is set to unveil a bronze statue of Indian doctor Dwarkanath Kotnis, one of five Indian physicians dispatched to China for medical assistance during the second Sino-Japanese war in 1938.
- Solapur-born Dr Kotnis, who also lived in Vengurla, is revered by the Chinese. His status and memorials were also set in some of the Chinese cities in recognition of his services.
- Late Chinese leader Mao Zedong had praised his medical assistance during the difficult days of the Chinese revolution.
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
- Currency: Renminbi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI announces more measures to foster orderly market conditions
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will conduct additional special open market operations involving the simultaneous purchase and sale of government securities for Rs 20,000 crore in two tranches of Rs 10,000 crore each.
- The RBI will conduct term repo operations for an aggregate amount of Rs one lakh crore at floating rates (that is at the prevailing repo rate) in mid-September to assuage pressures on the market on account of advance tax outflows.
- In order to reduce the cost of funds, banks that had availed of funds under long-term repo operations (LTROs) may exercise an option of reversing these transactions before maturity. Thus, the banks may reduce their interest liability by returning funds taken at the repo rate prevailing at that time (5.15 per cent) and availing funds at the current repo rate of 4 per cent.
- Currently, banks are required to maintain 18 per cent of their net demand and time liabilities (NDTL) in statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) securities. The extant limit for investments that can be held in held for trading (HTM) category is 25 per cent of total investment.
- Banks are allowed to exceed this limit provided the excess is invested in SLR securities within an overall limit of 19.5 per cent of NDTL. SLR securities held in HTM category by major banks amount to around 17.3 per cent of NDTL at present.
- The RBI will allow banks to hold fresh acquisitions of SLR securities acquired from September 1 under HTM up to an overall limit of 22 per cent of NDTL up to March 31, 2021.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
India’s GDP contracts by 23.9% in April-June quarter
- As per the data released by the National Statistical Office (NSO), India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the April-June quarter (Q1) slipped by a sharp 9 per cent.
- The data released by NSO, which comes under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), is vital as it will provide the first benchmark on the state of India’s economy after the pandemic.
- The June quarter GDP data is the worst contraction in the history of the Indian economy since Independence. According to the economists surveyed by Bloomberg, India’s GDP is estimated to have declined 18 per cent in the quarter ended June.
About The National Statistical Office (NSO):
- The National Statistical Office (NSO) is the central statistical agency of the Government mandated under the Statistical Services Act (Chapter 386) 1980. NSO is responsible for the development of arrangements for providing statistical information services including collecting, compiling and disseminating official statistical information to meet the needs of the Government and other users for information on which to base policy, planning, monitoring and management decisions.
European Investment Bank to invest 650 million euros into Kanpur city metro rail
- The European Investment Bank (EIB) has decided to invest 650 million euros into the construction of Kanpur’s first city metro line.
- The project aims at enabling some 3 million people in the city to benefit from green, safe, fast, and affordable public transport. The new metro rail system will reduce commuting hours and unlock new employment and education opportunities in this industrial capital of Uttar Pradesh. This is the second metro rail project supported by the EIB in Uttar Pradesh. EIB Has also supported the Lucknow Metro rail system with €450 million investment.
- With the Kanpur investment, the total amount of the EIB’s approved support for metro rail systems in India has reached €2.65 billion, more than half of the entire EIB investment portfolio in India. This is the fifth EIB investment in green infrastructure and connectivity in India and the second in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Other than two metro rail projects in the state, the EIB has invested in metro rail systems in Bhopal, Pune, and Bangalore in India.
- The EIB will finance the construction of a 32.4 km urban rail line, with 18 elevated and 12 underground stations. Once completed, Kanpur metro rail will create 1100 new jobs and enable around 116 million more affordable commutes each year.
About European Investment Bank (EIB):
- Headquarters : Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- President: Werner Hoyer
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Naveen Patnaik launches citizen-centric apps
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched mobile App ‘AMA SAHAR’ and ‘SWACHHA SAHAR ODISHA’ web app to provide citizen centric services.
- The ULBs will be able to submit utilisation certificate online which will bring better fiscal management.
- A Handbook on sanitation which is a compendium of important notifications, letters and guidelines issued by the Urban Department was also released by him.
- He dedicated 100 functional micro composite centres and 50 functional material recovery facilities in various urban local bodies of the State.
- He also laid the foundation stone for establishment of 51 fecal sludge treatment plants to ensure larger coverage of this facility across all cities and towns, to mark the State-level Local Self Government Day.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Madhya Pradesh govt launches campaign ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’
- In Madhya Pradesh, a massive ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’ campaign was launched by the State Government. Urban Development and Housing Minister Bhupendra Singh stated that this campaign has been given the shape of a mass movement.
- The campaign was divided into five themes- Cleanliness Oath, Continuous reduction in urban waste emissions, Cleanliness in COVID conditions, Separation of waste from sources of houses and Launching a special cleanliness campaign for public places.
- Around 35 lakh citizens took part in the campaign in 378 urban bodies in Madhya Pradesh. Around 10 thousand Corona Warrior sanitation workers have also been honoured. Awareness programmes were organized in seven thousand 178 settlements under the campaign.
- A total of 18 thousand 560 challans were made against polythene carry-bags. Urban Development and Housing Minister informed that ranking of urban bodies will be done on the basis of work under this campaign. Bodies coming in good rankings will be awarded by the Chief Minister.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Governor: Anandiben Patel(additional charge)
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
UP govt decides to set up exclusive anti-electricity theft police stations in every district
- Uttar Pradesh government has decided to set up exclusive anti-electricity theft police stations in every district of state to address the problem of frequent cases of power theft. An order issued by home department stated that one police station dedicated to deal with the issue of power theft will be opened in all 75 districts out of which 63 has already started functioning.
- The government has also raised the number of enforcement teams from 33 to 88 to launch a crackdown against those involved in power pilferage. As many as 53 teams are already functioning.
- The release says that this year, 20,401 cases of power theft were registered and a compounded fine of Rs 2.75 crore was realised from the offenders.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurates Technology Centre at Bhiwadi in Rajasthan
- Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, MSMEs, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Technology Centre at Bhiwadi in Alwar District of Rajasthan through video conferencing.
- Mr Gadkari stated, the manufacturing sector contributes around 22 to 24 per cent in the GDP of the country. The Government is establishing 15 new Technology Centres and upgrading existing 18 Centres to create skilled human resources. He added that skilled manpower is must to make India a manufacturing hub.
- Mr Gadkari stated, the Government is thinking of providing loans to the Technology Centres to enable them to buy new machinery and new technology to cater to the needs of local industries. He informed that work on Extension Centres is also going on for these Technology Centres.
- He appealed to State Governments to provide land and other logistic support for these Extension Centres. The Minister suggested that infrastructure of existing Polytechnics, ITI’s, Engineering Colleges should be utilised for skilling the youth and support of industries can also be taken.
- Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Minister of Shipping and the Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises: Nitin Jairam Gadkari
- Constituency: Nagpur, Maharashtra
AP to set up crop insurance firm
- Andhra Pradesh, which is among the few States that have chosen to have their own crop insurance schemes, is in the process of establishing AP General Insurance Company (APGIC) to run the scheme.
- “The farmers have been asked to enroll for the scheme by September 5 by paying a nominal premium fee of Rs.1. But we don’t have the detailed guidelines though the deadline is fast approaching,” Keshava Rao, Secretary of the Andhra Pradesh Rythu Sangham. The State had begun implementing its own scheme from the rabi season.
- The State government has reportedly received the IRDA (Insurance Regulatory Development Authority) nod to form the insurance company.
- The State government had authorised the Director of Insurance, Andhra Pradesh, to take up further steps in connection with the establishment of proposed APGIC.
- The authorised share capital of the company is pegged at 101 crore divided into 10.10 crore equity shares of Rs.10 each.
- The government made it mandatory for farmers to register themselves on e-Karshak app (real-time crop registration window) in order to be eligible for the scheme. The Department of Agriculture will be the nodal agency for the implementation of the scheme.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Capital: Amaravati
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Adani Group buys 74% stake in Mumbai international airport
- The Adani Group has acquired 74% stake in Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport in
- This makes the group the second largest private operator in India after the GMR group, which operates the Delhi and Hyderabad airports.
- Gautam Adani’s company will buy 50.5% stake held by GVK Group and will take steps to acquire 23.5% stake of minority partners– Airport Company of South Africa and the Bidvest Group.
- Airports Company South Africa and Bidvest Group hold 10% and 13.5% stake respectively of the Mumbai International Airport.
- Adani has already won bids to operate and manage development of six airports– Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Mangalore, Jaipur, Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Central Board Of Direct Taxes Chairman Pramod Chandra Mody Gets 6-Month Extension
- Pramod Chandra Mody was given a six-month extension till February next year as the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- He was in August last year re-appointed on the post for one year, till August 31, 2020, beyond the date of his superannuation on August 31, 2019.
- The CBDT is headed by a chairman and can have a maximum of six members. It frames policy for the Income-Tax Department.
Aveek Sarkar elected new Press Trust of India chairman
- Aveek Sarkar, the Editor Emeritus and Vice Chairman of the Ananda Bazar Group of Publications, has been elected Chairman of Press Trust of India.
- He succeeds Vijay Kumar Chopra, Chief Editor of the Punjab Kesari Group of newspapers.
- He was the founding Managing Director of Penguin India.
Tamil Nadu Appoints India’s First-ever Woman Ambulance Driver Under New Initiative by CM Palaniswami
- M Veeralakshmi was appointed driver of one of the newly launched ‘108’ ambulances and it is a ‘first’ in the country,woman was appointed as ambulance driver.
- Ninety ambulances equipped with life saving medical equipment, 10 high tech vehicles for use by 10 government blood banks for transporting blood collected in camps and 18 ambulances donated by an entertainment television channel group for anti-COVID tasks were flagged off.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Former Bureaucrat Rajiv Kumar Takes Over As Election Commissioner
- Former bureaucrat Rajiv Kumar assumed charge as the new election commissioner.
- He takes the place vacated by Ashok Lavasa who joins the Asian Development Bank as vice president.
- Rajiv Kumar, will have a five-year tenure and retire in
- He retired as the union finance secretary in February this year and was appointed chairperson of the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB).
Vice Admiral S R Sarma assumes charge as Chief of Materiel of the Indian Navy
- Vice Admiral S R Sarma assumed charge as the Chief of Materiel of the Indian Navy.
- Admiral Sarma during his illustrious career spanning over three and a half decades has served onboard Indian Naval ships Vindhyagiri, Rana, Krishna and Mysore in various capacities.
About Indian navy:
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS):Admiral Karambir Singh
- Vice Chief of the Naval Staff (VCNS):Vice Admiral G. Ashok Kumar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Air Force Sports Control Board conferred with ‘Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar 2020’
- Air Force Sports Control Board was conferred with ‘Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar 2020’ for the outstanding contribution in helping sportsperson to excel in their respective disciplines and implement robust sports welfare measures.
- The award is for sustained efforts towards encouragement and promotion of sports in the country and IAF in particular. Air Marshal MSG Menon, Air Officer-In-Charge Administration and President, Air Force Sports Control Board received the award from Hon’ble President of India in an organised online ceremony at Vigyan Bhawan on 29 Aug 20.
About Air Force Sports Control Board (AFSCB):
- Air Force Sports Control Board (AFSCB) is the apex body for planning and conduct of sports activities within the IAF and at Inter-Services level. It has been the constant endeavour of AFSCB to improve standards of IAF teams and to guide them in career progression as sportsmen in IAF.
- The promotion of sports at grass root level aims at encouraging sports culture in the environment and motivates young Air Warriors to include sports activities as a way of life.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Karan Johar writes his first children’s book ‘The Big Thoughts of Little Luv’
- The director Karan Joharhad released his autobiography named An Unsuitable Boy back in 2017. Now, he has penned his first children’s book titled The Big Thoughts of Little Luv.
- The book narrates the story of the twinsLuv and Kusha and features the challenges faced by the parents and the difference imposed between the boys and girls by the parents while raising them.
- The picture book will be published by @juggernaut.in”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
CSIR-CMERI develops World’s Largest Solar Tree
- CSIR-CMERI has developed the World’s Largest Solar Tree, which is installed at CSIR-CMERI Residential Colony,
- The installed capacity of the Solar Tree is above 5 kWp. It has the annual capacity to generate 12,000-14,000 units of Clean and Green Power.
- There are a total of 35 Solar PV Panels in each tree with a capacity of 330 wp each.
- Each Solar Tree has the potential to save 10-12 tons of CO2emissions being released into the atmosphere as Greenhouse Gases when compared with fossil fuel fired energy generation
- The inclination of the arms holding the Solar PV Panels are flexible and can be adjusted as per requirement, this feature is not available in Roof-Mounted Solar facilities. The energy generation data can be monitored either real-time or on daily basis.
- Each Solar Tree will cost Rs 7.5 lakhs and the interested MSMEs can align their Business Model with the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evem Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM KUSUM) Scheme for farmers, for developing a Renewable Energy based Energy Grid.
- The CSIR-CMERI developed solar powered e-Suvidha Kiosks may also be connected to the Solar Trees for real-time access to the vast majority of agricultural database as well as to the eNAM i.e. National Agricultural MarketPlace for instant and real-time access to an unified online market.This Solar Tree is a Quantum Leap towards making an Energy Reliant and Carbon Negative India.
About CSIR- CMERI
- Director: Harish Hirani
- Headquarters: Durgapur, West Bengal
Indian astronomers discover one of the farthest Star galaxies in universe
- Indian astronomers have discovered one of the farthest Star galaxies in the universe in a landmark achievement. Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh stated it is a matter of pride that India’s first Multi-Wavelength Space Observatory ‘AstroSat’ has detected extreme-UV light from a galaxy located 3 billion light-years away from Earth.
- The galaxy called AUDFs01 was discovered by a team of Astronomers led by Dr Kanak Saha from the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune.
- Dr Jitendra Singh congratulated India’s Space Scientists for once again proving to the world that India’s capability in Space technology has risen to a distinguished level.
IIT Madras startup subsidiary launches nano textile coating to inactive Coronavirus
- A subsidiary of a tech startup incubated by IIT Madras has launched a nanotech coating for textiles that can inactivate the novel Coronavirus within five minutes of contact.
- It continuously destroys or inactivates viruses as small as 30 nanometres and other microbes.At present the particles can be coated on materials like cotton, polyester and cotton – polyester.
- A study conducted as per international standards with a U.S.-based independent laboratory showed that the antiviral coating inactivated 99 per cent of the coronavirus 229E within five minutes of contact time.
- The coating lasts upto 60 washes at 70 degrees Celsius and does not show any leaching of chemicals.Tests have also shown that it is non-toxic to human cells and is comfortable to use.
- Based out of Bangalore, the startup -Muse Nanobots-plans to establish three more coating facilities in different cities to cater to demand by the end of September.
- The startup is also targeting installation of the nano coating machine in textile companies that make regular office and casual attire, sportswear, PPEs, home furnishings and packaging material by end of 2020.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
BEML bags Rs.842 cr mobility vehicles order for Pinaka project
- Pinaka is a multi-barrel rocket launcher developed indigenously for the Indian Army
- BEML, a Bengaluru-based defence equipment manufacturer, has bagged an order worth 842 crore from Ministry of Defence (MoD) for the supply of 330 high mobility vehicles, for Pinaka Project.
- Pinaka is a multi-barrel rocket launcher developed indigenously for the Indian Army and produced in India by involving public sector and private sector defence industries.
- The multi-barrel launcher system is mounted on the highly rugged BEML truck, much acclaimed for its off-road mobility and would provide the Indian Army with vital manoeuvrability on the battlefield.
- This order is a big boost to BEML, involved in the manufacturing of the high mobility vehicles with superior features under the Make in India program, thus demonstrating BEML’s efforts under the ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’ initiative. The equipment will be manufactured by BEML at its Palakkad Plant in Kerala and will supply the vehicle platform to MoD in a span of three years.
About Ministry of Defence (MoD):
- Union Minister- Rajnath Singh
- Constituency– Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Minister of State (MoS)– Shripad Yesso Naik
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Sumit Nagal becomes 1st Indian to win grand slam singles main draw match in 7 years
- Sumit Nagal stormed into the second round of the ongoing US Open Tennis. Nagal defeated Bradley Klahn of USA 6-1, 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 in the first round of the US Open to progress further into the tournament.
- With this result, the 23-year-old Nagal has become the first Indian to win a singles main draw match at a Grand Slam in the last seven years.
- In 2013, Somdev Devvarman had reached the second round of the Australian Open, French Open and US Open. Nagal, who is the world number 122, will now face second seeded Austria’s Dominic Thiem in the second round of the tournament.
DAILY CA 1ST SEP
- PM Modi inaugurates college, administration buildings of Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University in Jhansi
- Rs 601.12 crore annual action plan approved for PMKSY in J&K
- DEA holds Sustainable Finance Collaborative consultation with UNDP
- New e-market platform launched to bridge gap between Indian farmers and UAE food industry
- Israeli Airliner Completes First Direct Flight to Arab Emirates
- India to receive development assistance loan worth Rs 3,500 Cr from Japan to fight COVID-19
- Togo first in Africa to end sleeping sickness
- ICICI Bank launches virtual property exhibition
- GDP decline for full FY21 seen at around 10.9%, up from earlier estimate of 6.8%: SBI’s Ecowrap
- First newspaper for kids ‘The Young Minds’ launched in Assam
- Karnataka CM flags off RO-RO train service between Bengaluru and Solapur
- 51st IFFI to be held in Goa from Nov:20
- AP Govt to launch two schemes for pregnant women on September 1
- Vedanta ties up with SBI for long-term syndicated loan of Rs 10,000 cr
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance introduces customer service chatbot ‘LiGo’ on Google Assistant
- Reliance Industries to acquire Future Group’s retail business for Rs 24,713 crore
- Kiara Advani Becomes New Brand Ambassador For Myntra
- Lebanese diplomat Mustapha Adib named Prime Minister
- ISL Side Chennaiyin FC Appoint Csaba Laszlo As Head Coach For 2020-21 Season
- Retired IAS Officer Utpal Kumar Singh Appointed Secretary In Lok Sabha
- Hemant Khatri takes over as CMD of Hindustan Shipyard
- Hyderabad International Airport wins CII-GBC ‘National Energy Leader’ award
- Srinagar based govt school teacher selected for National Teachers Award 2020
- Harsh Vardhan invites stakeholders in country and abroad to participate in formulating STIP 2020
- NCPUL organises “World Urdu Conference” in New Delhi
- 17TH ASEAN-India Economic Ministers’ Consultations held
- Indian Railways develops remote-controlled medical trolley ‘MEDBOT’ to deliver food, medicines to COVID-19 patients
- IIT Bombay students launch AI-based alternative to CamScanner: AIR Scanner
- Amul becomes first Indian dairy company to be in Rabobank’s Global Top 20 list; Nestle leads
- 2020 Chess Olympiad: India, Russia declared joint winners after server malfunction
- Arsenal defeat Liverpool on penalties in thrilling final to win FA Community Shield
- K Shankar Bajpai, India’s former envoy to US, China and Pakistan, passes away
- Former President of India Bharat Ratna Pranab Mukherjee passes away
- Legendary cardio specialist Dr Sivaramakrishna Iyer Padmavati dies of Covid-19 at 103
DAILY CA 2nd SEP
- National Nutrition Week- 1st to 7th sep
- National Nutrition Month- september
- World Coconut Day- 2nd sep
- Coal India to invest over Rs 1.22 lakh crore on 500 projects by 2023-24
- Indian power market goes green with launch of pan-India GTAM in electricity
- of Fertilizers to observe Swachhta Pakhwada from 1st to 15th September
- China to unveil statue of Dr Dwarkanath Kotnis, the most celebrated Indian doctor in China
- RBI announces more measures to foster orderly market conditions
- India’s GDP contracts by 23.9% in April-June quarter
- European Investment Bank to invest 650 million euros into Kanpur city metro rail
- Naveen Patnaik launches citizen-centric apps
- Madhya Pradesh govt launches campaign ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’
- UP govt decides to set up exclusive anti-electricity theft police stations in every district
- MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurates Technology Centre at Bhiwadi in Rajasthan through video conferencing
- AP to set up crop insurance firm
- Adani Group buys 74% stake in Mumbai international airport
- Central Board Of Direct Taxes Chairman Pramod Chandra Mody Gets 6-Month Extension
- Aveek Sarkar elected new Press Trust of India chairman
- Tamil Nadu Appoints India’s First-ever Woman Ambulance Driver Under New Initiative by CM Palaniswami
- Former Bureaucrat Rajiv Kumar Takes Over As Election Commissioner
- Vice Admiral S R Sarma assumes charge as Chief of Materiel of the Indian Navy
- Air Force Sports Control Board conferred with ‘Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar 2020’
- Karan Johar writes his first children’s book ‘The Big Thoughts of Little Luv’
- CSIR-CMERI develops World’s Largest Solar Tree
- Indian astronomers discover one of the farthest Star galaxies in universe
- IIT Madras startup subsidiary launches nano textile coating to inactive Coronavirus
- BEML bags 842 cr mobility vehicles order for Pinaka project
- Sumit Nagal becomes 1st Indian to win grand slam singles main draw match in 7 years