This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
24 states in the country get linked to ‘One Nation One Ration Card’
- Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan, reviewed the progress of ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ plan implementation throughout the country.
- As four new states complete technical requirements, they have also been linked to the scheme. These four states are UT of Jammu & Kashmir, Manipur, Nagaland and Uttarakhand.
- With the addition of these four states, now 24 states across the country are connected with the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme.
- The plan aims to ensure the delivery of food security entitlements to all beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA), irrespective of their physical location anywhere in the country.
- The government had first implemented the scheme as a pilot project in four states in
- The timely implementation of the scheme helped the government to effectively deliver food grains under PM Garib Kalyan Yojna announced till November 2020.
- Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution: Ram Vilas Paswan
- Constituency: Hajipur, Bihar
India’s tourism ministry inaugurates Thenzawl Golf Resort project in Mizoram
- Ministry of Tourism, Government of India virtually inaugurated the state-of-the-art Thenzawl Golf Resort project in Mizoram.
- The project is developed under Swadesh Darshan scheme’s ‘Integrated Development of New Eco-Tourism’ with a sanctioned amount of 92.25 crore out of which Rs.64.48 crore has been allocated for various components including the golf course at Thenzawl in Mizoram.
- The golf course is designed by Canada based-Graham Cooke and Associates.
- Currently, India boasts over 220 golf courses. With this new project, the tourism ministry of India aims to promote golf tourism as a niche product for attracting both international and domestic tourists.
About Ministry of Tourism
- Minister of Tourism: Prahlad Singh Patel
- Constituency: Damoh Loksabha Constituency in Madhya Pradesh
Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launches the Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched the National Cooperative Development Corporation’s YouTube channel, ‘Sahakar Cooptube NCDC India’, to encourage farmers and the youth to take benefit of cooperatives.
- Shri Tomar also launched guidance videos produced by NCDC on ‘Formation and Registration of a Cooperative’ for eighteen different states in Hindi and regional languages.
- The initiatives are steps towards One Nation One Market with the objective for India to become food factory of the world.
- This intended to strengthen all activities and services in agriculture, horticulture and allied sectors through creation and development of agriculture infrastructure, micro food enterprises, value chains and logistics for fishery and animal husbandry, medicinal and herbal plants, bee keeping and Operation Green.
- Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and Minister of Rural Development: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Constituency: Morena, MP
HRD minister releases 8-week alternative academic calendar for classes 6 to 8
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank released an eight-week alternative academic calendar, developed by NCERT, for classes 6 to 8. The alternative calendar maps the themes with learning outcomes to facilitate the assessment of progress in the learning of children.
- The Education minister while tweeting about alternative academic calendar wrote, ‘Alternative Academic Calendar for upper primary stage (Classes VI to VIII) for four weeks was released earlier.
- The academic calendar contains week-wise plans consisting of interesting and challenging activities, with reference to theme/chapter taken from syllabus or textbook. Most importantly, it maps the themes with the learning outcomes.
About Ministry of Education:
- Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Haridwar
- Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister of State
FAO claims new platform to help fight food loss, wastage
- The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has unveiled a new platform to help accelerate global reduction in food loss and waste. The platform will contain information on measurement, reduction policies, alliances, actions and examples of successful models applied to reduce food loss and waste.
- Wasting food means wasting scarce natural resources, increasing climate change impacts and missing the opportunity to feed a growing population in the future, stated FAO Director-General QU Dongyu.
- The platform will be officially launched on the first International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste on 29 September, 2020.
- At least 14 per cent of food is lost (food wastage and food loss together), valued at $400 billion annually. In terms of greenhouse gas emissions, the food that is lost is associated with around 1.5 gigatonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent.
- Major losses are seen in roots tubers and oil-bearing crops (25 per cent), fruits and vegetables (22 per cent), and meat and animal products (12 per cent).
- The platform is as a gateway to information on food loss and waste from various resources, including the largest online collection of data on what food is lost and wasted; examples of successful initiatives as well as food waste and losses a policy brief in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic; and few tips on what everyone can do to reduce food waste. Links to related portals from development partners are also provided.
- The FAO chief urged public and the private sectors and individuals to promote, harness and scale-up policies, innovation and technologies to reduce food loss and waste.
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Head: Qu Dongyu
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
National Bank of Bahrain selects Infosys Finacle for transformation of transaction banking business
- National Bank of Bahrain and Infosys Finacle announced the bank’s decision to adopt the Finacle Cash Management Suite to digitally transform its transaction banking business.
- NBB will be implementing the Finacle Liquidity Management Platform, and upgrading its existing Finacle Corporate Online Banking platform to a full-fledged Digital Engagement Suite – with the latest versions of the Finacle Corporate Online and Mobile Banking solutions, along with the Finacle Digital Engagement Hub.
- Chief executive officer– Jean-Christophe Durand
- Headquarters– Manama, Bahrain
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
ADB to lend Thailand $1.5 billion to aid its coronavirus response
- The Asian Development Bank will provide a USD 1.5 billion loan to Thailand to aid its response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The loan is being provided under the ADB’s COVID-19 Active Response and Expenditure Support Program.
- It will help restore growth and set the stage for targeted private sector operations by ADB to support the government’s post-COVID-19 recovery, including priority areas such as infrastructure, trade, and supply chain finance.
- ADB is committed to providing timely support to Thailand and helping reduce the pandemic’s social and economic impacts on the country.
- Headquarters: Manila, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Currency: Thai baht
- Capital: Bangkok
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Provides a Health Cushion to Customers for COVID-19 with New Services and Products
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance (ABHICL), the health insurance arm of Aditya Birla Capital Limited, has introduced an array of services and product solutions that will enable customers to take care of their health in such difficult times.
- ABHICL has also launched an initiative ‘Active [email protected]’ during the lockdown to facilitate seamless healthcare to patrons during the lockdown.
- This Home treatment facility would be provided on a cashless basis through our Network Providers and Empaneled Service Provider.
- ABHICL also recently launched ‘Corona Kavach Policy’- an indemnity health insurance product covering COVID-19.
- Additionally, all indemnity products of ABHICL, namely, Activ Health, Activ Assure and Activ Care offer hospitalisation covers, in-patient treatment, pre-hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation, and ambulance cover for COVID-19.
- Through the Activ Health app, customers can continue earning their HealthReturns by watching and working out with videos on the App.
- ABHICL also launched a campaign #HealthFromHome that re-imagined a healthy lifestyle for Indians during the lockdown. The campaign leveraged the strength of Facebook Live and health influencers to organise 100+ sessions across topics like yoga, fitness, nutrition, mental wellness and others for over seven weeks.
- CEO: Mayank Bathwal
- HQ: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Bandhan Bank holding firm sells 20.95% stake to meet RBI norms
- Bandhan Bank Ltd stated it has met the promoter holding norms of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) after its holding company Bandhan Financial Holdings Ltd (BFHL) sold 20.95% stake in the bank to at least seven investors.
- The buyers included Singapore’s state investors GIC and Temasek, which purchased the shares through affiliates Caladium Investment Pte Ltd and Camas Investment Pte Ltd respectively, and others such as Morgan Stanley Asia Singapore Pte, Bandhan Employees Welfare Trust, Copthall Mauritius Investment Ltd, Societe Generale and Credit Suisse Singapore Ltd.
- GIC is an existing shareholder of Bandhan Bank, owning a 4.9% stake through Caladium.
- Under the Reserve Bank of India norms, Bandhan’s holding company was required to bring its shareholding to 40% of the paid-up voting equity capital of the bank.
- In January 2019, Bandhan Bank had acquired HDFC Ltd-owned Gruh Finance Ltd through an all-share deal, as part of its efforts to bring down promoter shareholding. Prior to the deal, Bandhan Financial held an 82.28% stake. The acquisition helped Bandhan Bank expand its housing finance portfolio.
About Bandhan Bank:
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Indira Rasoi Yojana to start in Rajasthan from August 20
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot directed officials to start the Indira Rasoi Yojana in urban areas of Rajasthan from August 20.
- The scheme, named after former prime minister Indira Gandhi.
- The state government would spend Rs 100 crore per year on it. The poor would get quality nutritious food for just Rs 8.
- The scheme should be implemented with the spirit of public service, transparency and public participation so that it becomes an example in the direction of providing food security to the poor in the country.
- The chief minister also directed to constitute a committee at the state and district levels to ensure the quality of food.
- A menu of 100 grams of pulses, 100 grams of vegetables, 250 grams of chapati and pickles has been set in the food
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
J&K Lt Guv approves creation of Block Development Fund on pattern of Constituency Development Fund
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu has approved the creation of Block Development Fund on the pattern of Constituency Development Fund.
- 25 lakh rupees each will be placed at the disposal of Block Development Council (BDC) Chairpersons to be used for local block developmental works. The works in this regard, could be identified by the BDC Chairpersons as per the local priorities.
About Jammu and Kashmir:
- Capitals: Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
- Lieutenant Governor: Girish Chandra Murmu
Ladakh celebrates first anniversary of becoming UT
- Ladakh is celebrating the first anniversary of realisation of its seven decades-old dream. It was on this day last year, Ladakh was granted the status of Union Territory. Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur has greeted the people on the occasion.
- Mr Mathur expressed his belief that Ladakhis have all the potential to prosper in all spheres of life. He stated, disciplined and hardworking Ladakhis deserve a better life.
- The UT administration is working on all aspects that could bring opportunities and fulfill expectations of people of Ladakh.
- Capitals: Leh, Kargil
- Lieutenant Governor : RK Mathur
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
IIT Kanpur partners with MoD for using AI, ML to redress grievances
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) for developing a prompt and predictive grievance redress mechanism using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning tools.
- A tripartite MoU was signed between IIT Kanpur, MoD (Department of Defence) and Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DAR&PG).
- The partnership pertains to conducting and developing exploratory and predictive analysis of public grievances received in the portal of Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) using AI, machine learning and statistics.
- Earlier, IIT Kanpur had signed a MoU with defence public sector undertaking (PSU) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) for manufacturing affordable ventilators to treat covid-19 patients.
- Defence Minister of India: Rajnath Singh
- Constituency: Lucknow, UP.
- Minister: Dr Jitendra Singh
Andhra Pradesh government signs MoUs for women’s empowerment
- The state government signed MoUs with ITC Ltd, Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) and Proctor and Gamble (P&G), which will lend a helping hand in empowering women of the State.
- The government will launch YSR Cheyutha on August 12 under which SC, ST, BC and minority women aged between 45 and 60 will be given financial assistance of Rs 75,000 (each will get Rs 15,000 per year) in four years, which will help them become self-reliant and bring about a change in their economic status.
- The tie-ups with the major companies are for hand-holding to bring about a change in their lives, the Chief Minister explained.
- Under YSR Cheyutha, Rs 4,500 crore will be distributed, and under YSR Asara, to be launched in September, 90 lakh women of nine lakh self-help groups will be benefited.
- Eligible women can avail both the schemes, he stated. While Rs 6,700 crore would be distributed under YSR Asara, under the two schemes, the state will distribute Rs 11,000 crore per year which works out to Rs 44,000 crore in four years benefiting over one crore women.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Capitals: Amaravati
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Govt appoints 3 members of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
- Bureaucrats Ajay Jain, Vivek Johri and Sungita Sharma have been appointed as members of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), according to a Personnel Ministry order.
- Jain and Johri are Indian revenue service (customs and central excise) officers of 1985 batch. Sharma is a 1986-batch IRS (customs and central excise) officer.
- The appointments committee of the cabinet has approved the appointment of Jain, Johri, and Sharma as CBIC members, the order stated.
- The board, top policy making body for indirect taxes, is headed by a chairperson. It can have a maximum of six members.
About Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC):
- Chairperson: M. Ajit Kumar
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Jaideep Bhatnagar takes over as Director General of AIR News
- Jaideep Bhatnagar, an Indian Information Service Officer of 1986 batch, has taken over the charge as Director General, News Services Division of All India Radio.
- Bhatnagar had earlier served in various positions in Prasar Bharati including as its West Asia Correspondent and in the Press Information Bureau. He replaces Ms. Ira Joshi, who superannuated as Principal Director General, AIR News on 31st of last month.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
CSIR announces Young Scientist Award 2020
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has announced Young Scientist Award for the year 2020. The award will be given to seven scientists working in different institutions of CSIR for their achievements in biological sciences, chemical sciences, earth, atmosphere, ocean and planetary sciences, engineering sciences and physical sciences.
- For biological sciences, Debojyoti Chakraborty, senior scientist from Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB) and Vandana Jaiswal, scientist, Division of Biotechnology from Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT) have been honoured. In the chemical sciences field, Suraj Soman, scientist, Chemical Sciences and Technology Division, National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST) will receive the award.
- In the area of earth, atmosphere, ocean and planetary sciences, Jagadeesan Loganathan, scientist, NIO Regional Centre (Vishakhapatnam), National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) will receive the honour.
- For engineering sciences, Indu Elizabeth, scientist, Physico-Mechanical Division, National Physical Laboratory (NPL) and Manoj Kumar Patel, senior scientist, Agrionics (V-1), Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO) will be receiving the award.
- Manoj Kr Gupta, scientist, Advanced Construction Materials Division, Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI) will receive the award for physical sciences (including instrumentation).
- The award comprises a citation, a cash award of Rs 50,000, and a plaque. CSIR confers YS Award every year in the five disciplines.
- Director General: Shekhar C. Mande
- HQ: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Nitish releases book “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” by Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar released a book “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” – a compilation of articles, views and life journey – of Bihar Assembly Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary.
- The book is a compilation of Choudhary’s views, three dozen articles on different important issues and his life journey, adding that book also reflects the different aspects of Choudhary’s personality.
- The book “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” has also talked about various other important activities of assembly, successful completion of 6th Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) India Region, Prohibition law, debate on climate change, reforms in the procedure and business advisory rules of the assembly.
- The book is compiled and edited by senior journalist Arvind Sharma while its preface has been written by another senior journalist Vinod Bandhu.
Union Ministers Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Smriti Irani launch the book ‘Swachh Bharat Kranti’
- The book “The Swachh Bharat Revolution”, edited by Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary of Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation has been translated into Hindi and published by as the Swachh Bharat Kranti.
- The book was officially launched by Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, and Union Minister of Textiles and Women & Child Development Smriti Irani in New Delhi.
- The Swachh Bharat Kranti captures the remarkable journey of the SBM through 35 essays by a diverse range of stakeholders and contributors to the SBM, sharing their perspective on this social revolution. The essays are arranged in four key sections which are the four key pillars of SBM’s success: Political Leadership, Public Financing, Partnerships and People’s Participation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SWR Installs ‘UV Bag Bath’ At Bengaluru Railway Station
- A unique COVID prevention kiosk was inaugurated at KSR Bengaluru Railway Station by Bengaluru Division as a part of its continued fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
- The kiosk is in the form of a luggage disinfecting tunnel named ‘UV Baggage Bath’. It has been set up to ensure that passenger luggage will be completely sanitized before the passengers board the trains.
- UV Baggage Bath is an enclosed chamber beamed by Ultra Violet (UV) light from all directions, through which passenger luggage will be passed through, to effectively disinfect all types of contaminations including virus, bacteria & other germs / pathogens that reside on all the outer surface of the baggage.
- The luggage shall then be handed back to the passenger with a sticker certifying it as disinfected. Extra care has been taken to ensure the safety of the passengers with an extended tunnel on both ends and UV resistant flaps for the sides of the tunnel. The option can be exercised by passengers disembarking at the stations too.
- This proposal is being implemented at KSR Bengaluru and Yesvantpur Railway stations by M/s Optimurz Bio and IT Solutions, a Chennai Based new generation start-up, delivering Information Technology and Integrated Biotech solutions using cutting edge technologies, under NINFRIS (New & Innovative Non-Fare Revenue Ideas Scheme) by Railways.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Army begins process to grant Permanent Commission to eligible women officers
- Indian Army has kickstarted the process to grant Permanent Commission to eligible women officers, nearly two weeks after the defence ministry approved the proposal.
- It has asked women officers to apply for permanent commission by 31st August this year.
- Detailed administrative instructions have been issued to all affected women officers giving out guidelines for submission of applications for consideration by the Board.
- Women Officers who have joined the Indian Army through the Women Special Entry Scheme and Short Service Commission Women are being considered and all of them have been instructed to submit their application forms, option certificate and other related documents to Army.
- The Defence Ministry stated, due to the prevailing restrictions imposed by the COVID situation, multiple means of dissemination of instructions have been adopted to ensure that these documents reach all affected women officers on priority.
- The Selection Board will be scheduled immediately after receipt and verification of applications.
About Indian Army:
- Head quarters: New Delhi
- Chief of Defence Staff (CDS): General Bipin Rawat
- Chief of the Army Staff (COAS): General Manoj Mukund Naravane,
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Real Madrid legend Casillas announces retirement
- Spanish Iker Casillas has officially announced his retirement at the end of a 22-year playing career, with the legendary Real Madrid goalkeeper hanging up his gloves at the age of 39.
- The World Cup winner has not taken in a competitive appearance since suffering a serious health scare in May 2019.
- He also captained his country to World Cup glory in 2010 and sandwiched that success with European Championship wins in 2008 and 2012.
- Capital: Madrid
- Currency: Euro
NSNIS Patiala and CSS-SRIHER, Chennai, launch courses in sports physiotherapy, sports nutrition
- Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports (NSNIS) Patiala and CSS-SRIHER, Chennai, launched six-month online courses in sports physiotherapy and sports nutrition aimed at grassroot-level development in the country.
- It was a part of an MOU signed between the two institutes to launch these certificate courses in sports science which will give an opportunity to young qualified professionals to further specialise in their area of expertise.
- In the first leg, sports physiotherapy and sports nutrition courses have been launched online. Sports Authority of India also plans to introduce courses in physiology, sports biomechanics, strength and conditioning, sports psychology.
- These courses are aimed at training professionals who can work along with community coaches and development-level coaches to use sports science in grassroot-level training.
- A two-week physical workshop will also be held as part of the six-month course. It will be organised once the COVID-19 pandemic subsides.
- Assessment of attendees for final certification will be done on the basis of online quizzes and written examinations.
- “In the second phase SAI will also introduce courses in exercise physiology, sports biomechanics, strength and conditioning, sports psychology.”
- The eligibility criteria to appear for the written entrance exam for the Sports Physiotherapy course is a Masters in Physiotherapy (Ortho/Sport).
Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju chairs 1st General Council meeting of Khelo India Scheme
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju chaired the 1st General Council meeting of the Khelo India Scheme.
- Mr Rijiju urged the states to organise State-level Khelo India Games annually with an effort to identify a larger number of grassroot-level talents.
- He stated, the annual competitions being organized at the national level under the Khelo India Scheme, like the Khelo India Youth Games and University Games, have helped to identify sporting talent from all states.
- The Minister stated, States that already conduct annual sporting competitions can align with the Khelo India Scheme and the Centre will support them in conducting these events.
- Mr Rijiju has asked the states to organise competitions at the district, block and panchayat-level to identify young talent.
- The Sports Minister spoke of the 5 zonal talent scouting committees that are being planned for east, west, north, south and north east India.
- He asked the states for active participation in assisting these committees in identifying grassroot-level talent in 24 sporting disciplines.
About Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
- Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State (Independent Charge)
- Constituency: Arunachal West
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Senior CPI (M) leader Sunnam Rajaiah passes away of COVID-19
- Former Bhadrachalam MLA, and senior CPI (M) leader and Girijana Sangam leader Sunnam Rajaiah reportedly passed away of COVID-19.
- Rajaiah served as Bhadrachalam MLA for three terms.
- He participated in many tribal agitations, protecting tribal lands and their rights in the Agency areas in Bhadrachalam, East and West Godavari districts of Telangana.
Ebrahim Alkazi, credited for revolutionising theatre in India, passes away at 95
- Theatre legend Ebrahim Alkazi, 95, passed away. Alkazi, credited for revolutionising theatre in India, became one of the most prominent theatre artistes in Mumbai during the 1940s and 1950s. However, at 37, Alkazi moved to Delhi and served as the director of National School of Drama (NSD) for the next 15 years (1962 to 1977) — the longest tenure ever in the history of the institute.
- As director of National School of Drama, he shaped the course for modern Indian theatre, establishing links between traditional vocabulary and modern idiom. In Bombay, Alkazi did powerful renditions of Greek tragedies, Shakespeare, Henrik Ibsen, Chekov and August Strindberg.
DAILY CA 4th AUG
- Shri Sanjay Dhotre inaugurates BHARAT AIR FIBER , a last mile telecom connectivity solution based on Radio Network
- Govt formulates draft Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy 2020
- Global Economy Could Lose $108 Billion In Remittances: ADB
- K. to issue coin to honour Gandhiji
- Bank of Baroda Credit Card offers EMIs on PoS Terminals in partnership with Innoviti
- IFSCA sets up panel to suggest ways for development of international retail business
- Tech Mahindra launches ‘Mhealthy’ to screen employees for COVID-19 risk factors at workplaces
- UP to set up MSME industrial parks
- Andhra CM launches e-rakshabandhan program for women safety
- DNHDD launches E-Gyan Mitra mobile app for online education
- Rajasthan solar shines bright amidst gloom, adds max capacity in FY20 in India
- Dodo Drop: The Indian ‘SHAREit’ developed by Kashmiri teenager
- Irfaan Ali declared president of Guyana
- Sashidhar Jagdishan to take over as MD and CEO of HDFC Bank
- IIT Kharagpur researchers awarded for generating power from wet clothes
- Moothon, Run Kalyani win big at 20th New York Indian Film Festival
- Dalmia Bharat Group wins FICCI CSR Award for Environment Sustainability
- INST scientists develop economical nonsurgical prevention of cataract
- IIT Madras and Helyxon develop remote patient monitoring solutions for COVID-19
- SpaceX capsule and NASA crew make first splashdown in 45 years
- India withdraws from women’s world team squash championship
- HRD Minister, Sports Minister to launch ‘Fit India Talks’ to inspire school children
- John Hume: Nobel Peace Prize winner passes away aged 83
DAILY CA 5th AUG
- 24 states in the country get linked to ‘One Nation One Ration Card’
- India’s tourism ministry inaugurates Thenzawl Golf Resort project in Mizoram
- Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launches the Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel
- HRD minister releases 8-week alternative academic calendar for classes 6 to 8
- FAO claims new platform to help fight food loss, wastage
- National Bank of Bahrain selects Infosys Finacle for transformation of transaction banking business
- ADB to lend Thailand $1.5 billion to aid its coronavirus response
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Provides a Health Cushion to Customers for COVID-19 with New Services and Products
- Bandhan Bank holding firm sells 20.95% stake to meet RBI norms
- Indira Rasoi Yojana to start in Rajasthan from August 20
- J&K Lt Guv approves creation of Block Development Fund on pattern of Constituency Development Fund
- Ladakh celebrates first anniversary of becoming UT
- IIT Kanpur partners with MoD for using AI, ML to redress grievances
- Andhra Pradesh government signs MoUs for women’s empowerment
- Govt appoints 3 members of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
- Jaideep Bhatnagar takes over as Director General of AIR News
- CSIR announces Young Scientist Award 2020
- Nitish releases book “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” by Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary
- Union Ministers Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Smriti Irani launch the book ‘Swachh Bharat Kranti’
- SWR Installs ‘UV Bag Bath’ At Bengaluru Railway Station
- Indian Army begins process to grant Permanent Commission to eligible women officers
- Real Madrid legend Casillas announces retirement
- NSNIS Patiala and CSS-SRIHER, Chennai, launch courses in sports physiotherapy, sports nutrition
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju chairs 1st General Council meeting of Khelo India Scheme
- Senior CPI (M) leader Sunnam Rajaiah passes away of COVID-19
- Ebrahim Alkazi, credited for revolutionising theatre in India, passes away at 95