This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day of Charity
- The International Day of Charity is an international day observed annually on 5 September.
- It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in
- Originally a Hungarian civil society initiative to commemorate Mother Teresa’s death, International Day of Charity on September 5.
National Teacher’s day
- Teachers’ Day in India is celebrated on 5 September every year to mark the birth anniversary of India’s second President Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan.
- On this day, teachers and students report to school as usual but the usual activities and classes are replaced by activities of celebration, thanks and remembrance. In some schools, senior students take the responsibility of teaching in order to show their appreciation for the teachers.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Cabinet Approves Bill To Include Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi As Official Languages In J&K
- The Union Cabinet approved a bill under which Kashmiri, Dogri and Hindi, apart from the existing Urdu and English, will be the official languages in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Bill received the Cabinet nod at a meeting presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Union Minister and Udhampur MP Jitendra Singh stated the government has accepted the long-pending demand of the region for the inclusion of Dogri, Hindi and Kashmiri as official languages in J-K.
- “It is not only a fulfilment of a long-pending public demand of the region but also in keeping with the spirit of equality which was ushered in after August 5 last year (when provisions of Article 370 were repealed),” he stated.
- It was an anomaly that the three languages — Dogri, Hindi and Kashmiri — which are spoken by nearly 70 per cent of the population of Jammu and Kashmir were not approved for use in official business, he stated.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UNEP launches “Green Nudges” programme for universities
- The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) launched a new publication, “The Little Book of Green Nudges”, which aims to inspire up to 200 million students around the globe to adopt environmentally friendly habits and greener lifestyles.
- The book is UNEP’s first on behavioural science and nudge theory, which focuses on human actions and how to change them, and was drafted with The Behavioural Insights Team and GRID-Arendal.
- It contains 40 ready-made nudges – simple measures that make it easier to make green choices – which university campuses can deploy to encourage students and staff to embrace more sustainable behaviours.
- The Little Book of Green Nudges contains evidence-based guidance on implementing nudges, centered around techniques such as resetting default options, changing the framing of choices, and harnessing social influence.
- It also includes case studies of nudging interventions rolled out at universities from Thailand to Kenya, Finland and Colombia.
- UNEP is collaborating with higher education institutions around the world to pilot nudging on campuses. Already 20 universities have joined the programme – including the University of Chile, the University of Nairobi, the University of Tsukuba in Japan and the University of California at Berkeley
- Headquarters location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Head: Inger Andersen
Rajnath Singh to represent India at Shanghai Cooperation Organisation meeting in Moscow
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, who is on a three-day visit to Russia, visited the Main Cathedral of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and the Museum Complex in Moscow.
- The Defence Minister will attend the combined meeting of Defence Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization, SCO, Collective Security Treaty Organization, CSTO and Commonwealth of Independent States, CIS Member States in commemoration of the 75th Anniversary of victory in the World War-II.
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian Rouble
- Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
LazyPay launches LazyUPI digital credit card
- LazyPay has launched a digital credit card that combines the power of UPI and the Buy-Now-Pay-Later, Called LazyUPI.
- The offering enables users to access real-time credit using UPI across omnichannel networks, including offline merchants and e-commerce platforms.
- The solution is a strategic response to the market’s demand for easy access to credit across online and offline platforms and higher ticket-size pay-later options.
- LazyPay will offer a credit limit (upto INR 1 lakh) to users for UPI transactions at stores (online and offline).
- This feature is available for select LazyPay users, with plans of rolling it out to a wider customer base soon. With no minimum purchase-value requirement and a repayment cycle of 15-days, the new LazyUPI is offering an introductory zero-fee service for the initial phase of the product launch to its active users.
RBI revises PSL guidelines; Bank loans to start-ups to get priority sector tag
- Reserve Bank of India has revised Priority Sector Lending guidelines. RBI stated the move is aimed at addressing regional disparities in the flow of priority sector credit. In the revised guidelines, higher weightage have been assigned to incremental priority sector credit in identified districts where priority sector credit flow is comparatively low.
- Bank finance to start-ups up to 50 crore rupees, loans to farmers for installation of solar power plants for solarisation of grid connected agriculture pumps and loans for setting up Compressed Bio Gas plants have been included as fresh categories eligible for finance under priority sector.
- Priority sector loans refer to loans that banks need to mandatorily lend to economically weaker sections of the society.
- Also, the targets prescribed for “small and marginal farmers” and “weaker sections” are being increased in a phased manner, the RBI stated.
- The RBI also stated loan limits for renewable energy have been increased under the revised guidelines. For improvement of health infrastructure, credit limit for health infrastructure (including those under ‘Ayushman Bharat’) has been doubled, the RBI stated.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation– 1 April 1935
- Governor– Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, one is yet to be appointed).
Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ceased to Be Banking Company: RBI
- Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank has ceased to be a banking company within the meaning of the Banking Regulation Act, the Reserve Bank stated. In November last year, the RBI had stated that Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank was headed for liquidation after the company’s application for voluntary winding up.
- The ‘Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Limited’ has ceased to be a banking company within the meaning of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 with effect from July 28, 2020,” one of the notifications stated. The decision to shut operations by the Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank was taken due to unanticipated developments in the business landscape which have made the economic model unviable, a regulatory filing by the Vodafone Idea Limited had stated in July last year.
- Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank had received the banking licence from the RBI in April 2017 for carrying on the business of a payments bank and had also received an authorisation to carry on the business of Prepaid Payments Instrument business. It had commenced business from February 22, 2018. Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank was promoted by Grasim Industries Limited and Vodafone Idea Limited with 51 and 49 per cent shareholdings respectively.
- In another notification, the RBI stated Westpac Banking Corporation has also ceased to be a banking company.
About Aditya Birla Payments Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- Dev Bhattacharya: (Non-Executive Director)
- Sudhakar Ramasubramanian :(MD & CEO)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Tata Power Signs a PPA With Tata Motors To Commission India’s Largest Carport At Pune
- Tata Power, India’s largest integrated power utility has achieved a new milestone by signing a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Tata Motors to commission India’s largest Carport. With 6.2 MWp capacity, the project is expected to reduce 1.6 lakhs ton of carbon emission for Tata Motors in its life time.
- The grid-connected carport plant requires high-level engineering and customised designing to assemble the massive carport structures. Furthermore, advanced technology and intricate planning is Tata Power’s strength which will facilitate them to execute the project.
- Solar Carports continue to prove themselves as excellent examples in terms of ‘efficient use of space’ for solar installations and are expected to demonstrate their potential by being a source of growth for the rooftop sector in the future.
- Tata Power’s solar arm-Tata Power Renewables comes with a successful background of executing the World’s largest Rooftop at a single location at RSSB, Amritsar-16MW, 2.67MW at Cochin International Airport, World’s largest solar powered Cricket stadium – Cricket Club of India with 820.8 kWp capacity, unique installation of solar vertical farm at Dell Bangalore-120kW, 1.4MW floating solar at Tata Chemicals, Nellore & many such landmark projects.
About Tata Power:
- CEO: Praveer Sinha
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
J-K LG Launches SPARROW System For J-K Administrative Service Officers
- Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha launched Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) system for Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Service officers, at Raj Bhavan.
- The SPARROW system is aimed at bringing more transparency, avoiding loss of Appraisal Reports during the transition, ensuring better monitoring and timely completion of performance appraisals.
- National Parks: City Forest (Salim Ali) National Park, Dachigam National Park, Hemis National Park, Kishtwar National Park.
Assam govt re-launches SVAYEM scheme to provide self-employment to around 2 lakh youths
- The Assam government re-launched a scheme to provide self-employment to around 2 lakh youths of the state. Known as Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (SVAYEM), it would provide 50 thousand rupees each as seed money to selected youths to start business ventures.
- Finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the government is launching the redesigned SVAYEM with a budget of 1000 crore which will be spent in the next three months without any banking linkage.
- He said that the 2 lakh beneficiaries would have to be part of self-help groups, joint liability groups.
- Those seeking to avail benefits of the scheme will be able to register themselves at a new portal which will be launched on September 16.
- Capital: Dispur
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
C-CAMP inks pact with India Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre to nurture frugal innovations
- The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP) has signed a pact with the India Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre (ISIC) to jointly identify and nurture frugal innovations and make quality healthcare affordable and accessible.
- The crucial collaboration with the Swedish ecosystem is aimed at building a strong crop of biopharmaceuticals, medtech, diagnostics, nutraceuticals and other healthcare interventions in India, for India, and beyond, stated Taslimarif Saiyed, C-CAMP CEO and Director.
- The partnership, which extends to ISIC Innovation Challenge 2020, is looking to drive sweeping changes in the healthcare delivery system in India by providing an innovation platform for ‘continuum of care’, encompassing diagnostics, palliative care and therapeutic interventions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
Punjab launches ‘iRakhwali’ mobile app to save environment
- Punjab government has decided to induct common people as ‘Greenery Saviours’ to further strengthen its drive to preserve the environment in the state.
- The state Forest Department has announced to launch a dedicated app ‘iRakhwali’ in this regard.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V. P. Singh Badnore
Hyderabad based EFLU app ‘English Pro’ launched
- Union Minister for Education Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal launched a mobile application, ‘English Pro’, developed by the Hyderabad-based English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU).
- The app, launched at a virtual meet, has been developed under University Social Responsibility (USR), a first-of-its kind initiative by any university in the country.
- It aims at helping learners develop Indian English pronunciation in the unique ‘Bharatiya’
- The mobile app was a useful digital tool and an educational resource for teachers, students and for people from varied backgrounds.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Infosys acquires US-based Kaleidoscope Innovation for $42 million
- Infosys acquires US-based product design and development firm, Kaleidoscope Innovation, for $42 million.
- With this acquisition, the company will be able to expand its engineering services portfolio, especially in medical devices, consumer and industrial markets across the US, the company stated.
- This is the company’s second acquisition in the year and the amount includes earn-out payments, management incentives and bonuses. The company acquired Simplus, a Salesforce partner, in February for $250 million.
- Kaleidoscope designs microsurgical instruments, devices used in minimally invasive surgery, drug delivery devices for ophthalmic therapies and user-centric wearables. It also offers usability testing in support of regulatory submissions, including the delivery mechanism for aortic stents, the statement stated.
- CEO: Salil Parekh
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Shri Raj Kumar Srivastava appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Croatia
- Shri Raj Kumar Srivastava has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Croatia.
- He is presently Deputy Chief of Mission in the Embassy of India, Tokyo.
About Republic of Croatia
- Capital: Zagreb
- President: Zoran Milanović
- Currency: Croatian kuna
Sbotop ropes in Dwayne Bravo as brand ambassador
- Sbotop has announced its new partnership with Dwayne Bravo, as its brand ambassador.
- The brand inked a multi-year sponsorship deal with English Premier League club Leeds United as their principal club sponsor.
- Sbotop is a global online betting platform that strives to give its customers the best e-gaming experience with its suite of products ranging from sports, live casino and slot games available on both desktop and mobile.
- West Indies allrounder Dwayne Bravo became the first bowler to take 500 wickets in T20 cricket in his 459th match.
Bajaj Allianz Life ropes in Ayushmann Khurrana as brand ambassador
- Private life insurer, Bajaj Allianz Life has announced the appointment of Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana as its brand ambassador to promote its products and digital services across offline and online mediums.
- Khurrana will feature in the brand’s next campaign ‘Smart Living’ that encompasses its term plan – Smart Protect Goal and the new digital service – Smart Assist.
About Bajaj Allianz Life
- CEO: Tapan Singhel
- Headquarters: Pune
SIAM elects Kenichi Ayukawa as new President
- The Executive Committee of Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), elected Kenichi Ayukawa as its new President.
- Ayukawa is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd since 2013 and was the Vice President of SIAM.
- He succeeds Rajan Wadhera, Senior Advisor, Mahindra & Mahindra who served the apex body of the Indian automotive industry for the last two years.
- The members of SIAM also elected Vipin Sondhi, MD and CEO, Ashok Leyland, as the Vice President of SIAM. Vinod Aggarwal, MD and CEO, Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles will continue as the Treasurer of SIAM, the industry body said.
SEBI’s Manoj Kumar joins GIFT City’s regulatory body
- Manoj Kumar, Chief General Manager at SEBI, has moved to Gujarat International Finance Tech (GIFT) City. He has joined as an Executive Director (ED) with the International Finance Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), which regulates GIFT City institutions and exchange trading.
- Kumar, who was working with the market regulations department at SEBI, will be involved in a similar role at IFSCA, too. The BSE and NSE have both set up exchanges in GIFT and the volumes are steadily picking up. The NSE and Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) are jointly developing trading products for GIFT.
- In July, the Centre had notified the appointment of former Corporate Affairs Secretary and 1983 batch IAS officer Injeti Srinivas as the Chairman of IFSCA.
- GIFT City exchanges enjoy a complete 10-year tax holiday. They are promoted as India’s answer to offshore tax havens like SGX and Dubai Gold and Commodity Exchange (DGCX) that have taken away volumes from on-shore exchanges like the NSE, MCX and BSE.
Australia appoints cricket icon Matthew Hayden as trade envoy to India
- The Australian government has appointed former cricketer Matthew Hayden and Indian-origin politician Lisa Singh as trade envoys for advancing business ties with India.
- Three new appointments to the board of the Australia-India Council were announced. Foreign Affairs Minister Marise Payne stated, “Ashok Jacob has been reappointed as chair, and will be joined by three new board members.”
- Lisa Singh, former Labor Party Senator from Tasmania, would be the Deputy Chair. Former Victoria Premier Ted Baillieu and former cricketer Hayden are the other new members.
- Hayden, 48, is a former international cricketer, who played 103 Tests and 161 One Day Internationals for Australia. He has scored 40 international centuries. He was made Member of the Order of Australia in 2010 for his sporting excellence.
- Hayden has served as board member in the Institute for Australia India Engagement since 2018.
- Singh has represented Tasmania in the Federal Senate from 2010 to 2019. She is a recipient of the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award from the government of India for her service as a person of Indian heritage in fostering friendly relations between India and Australia.
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Agnikul Cosmos bags TiE50 Award
- IIT Madras-incubated Agnikul Cosmos, which provides a dedicated launch vehicle for smaller satellites at a lower cost, has been conferred with TiE50 award.
- The award recognizes top technology and technology-enabled start-ups across the world, who will be awarded at its flagship conference TiECON 2020 at TiE’s Silicon Valley.
- TiE Chennai, which nominated Agnikul Cosmos stated, the Chennai-based start-up was also among the top 10 out of the 50 start-ups selected to pitch its ideas to Tim Draper, the legendary American venture capital investor from the Draper’s family in the popular US reality show ‘Meet the Drapers`.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
12th Mekong Ganga Cooperation Senior Officials’ Meeting reviews progress made since Aug last year
- The 12th Mekong Ganga Cooperation, MGC Senior Officials’ Meeting reviewed the progress in all areas of cooperation. MGC is an initiative by six countries – India and five ASEAN countries, namely, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam for cooperation in tourism, culture, education, as well as transport and communications.
- The Meeting held through video conference reviewed progress made since the 10th MGC Ministerial Meeting held in Bangkok in August last year.
- The sectors which came under review include tourism, culture, education science and technology, traditional medicine and health, agriculture and allied sectors, water resources management, transportation and communication and small and medium enterprises.
- Vijay Thakur Singh, Secretary(East) in the Ministry of External Affairs and Sok Soken, Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Cambodia attended the meeting.
About Mekong–Ganga Cooperation:
- The Mekong–Ganga Cooperation (MGC) was established on November 10, 2000, at Vientiane, Laos at the First MGC Ministerial Meeting. It comprises six member countries, namely India (Look-East connectivity projects), Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. The four areas of cooperation are tourism, culture, education, and transportation. The organization takes its name from the Ganga and the Mekong, two large rivers in the region.
India to host summit of SCO council of heads of government on November 30
- India will host a summit of the council of heads of government of the SCO on November 30 with a focus on contributing to the trade and economic agenda of the influential grouping, a senior official in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has stated.
- India has been focusing on expanding its cooperation with the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), an eight-nation regional grouping that represents around 42 per cent of the world’s population and 20 per cent of the global GDP.
- India’s chairmanship of the SCO council of heads of government during 2020 culminating in the summit in India on November 30, affords us an opportunity to contribute in a substantive way on the trade and economic agenda of SCO that will be the main mandate of the summit, Vikas Swarup, Secretary (West) in the MEA, stated
- The seminar was organised by the Indian Council of World Affairs, a leading think tank.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organisation:
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Author Radha Nair on her book ‘Breaking The Cocoon @ 40’
- Radha Nair’s ‘Breaking The Cocoon @ 40’ is a delightful collection of select events from her life.
- So she started working on her book in October 2019. Early in 2020, Radha completed it and began looking around for publishers.
Mr Goonmeet Singh Chauhan’s New Book ‘Invertonomics’ Talks about Transforming India
- Invertonomics is a book of ideas presenting pragmatic models for solving chronic problems of the country arising from the spectrum of Social Inequality, Pollution, Gender disparity, and Decadent Rural Economy.
- This book focuses on creating models that engage with citizens to solve problems. These ideas and methodology can also be used to solve similar problems globally, especially in emerging economies. Some of these ideas have been shared with State Governments and municipalities and have met with an optimistic response.
- The book is the brainchild of renowned Indian Architect and Urbanist Mr Goonmeet Singh Chauhan who has been actively contributing in the sphere of Design and Architecture for 25 years. The book published byHarper Collins-India.
Two books on Ma Anand Sheela to be published later this year
- Two books on Sheela Birnstiel, popularly known as Ma Anand Sheela, are set to be published.
- One of the books is an authorised biography,Nothing To Loseby Manbeena Sandhu which will acquaint readers with the woman behind the strong persona. This will be published by Harper Collins, India in October.
- In November, Penguin Random House will come out with Ma Anand Sheela’s memoir titled,My Story in My Own Words.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
11th INDRA NAVY: Bilateral maritime exercise between Indian and Russian Navy
- The 11th edition of exercise INDRA NAVY, a biennial bilateral maritime exercise between Indian and Russian Navy will begin in the Bay of Bengal. Initiated in 2003, Exercise INDRA NAVY epitomises the long-term strategic relationship between the two Navies.
- This exercise has matured over the years with increase in scope, complexity of operations, and level of participation. The primary aim of exercise INDRA NAVY-20 is to further consolidate inter-operability built up by the two Navies over the years and also to enhance understanding and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations.
- The scope of this edition includes wide-ranging and diverse activities across the spectrum of maritime operations. Due to restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, INDRA NAVY-20 would be undertaken in a ‘non-contact, at sea only’ format.
- The exercise is aimed at enhancing interoperability, improving understanding and imbibing best practices between the two navies and would involve surface and anti-aircraft drills, firing exercises, helicopter operations, seamanship evolutions etc. The last edition of the exercise was conducted off Visakhapatnam in December 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Ja Morant wins 2019-20 Kia NBA Rookie of the Year Award
- The Memphis Grizzlies’ Ja Morant has been named the 2019-20 Kia NBA Rookie of the Year.
- He is the second player to win the Rookie of the Year Award with the Grizzlies, joining Pau Gasol (2001-02).
- Morant received 99 first-place votes from a global panel of 100 sportswriters and broadcasters and earned 498 total points. Miami Heat guard Kendrick Nunn finished in second place with 204 points. New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson received one first-place vote and finished in third place with 140 points.
World Cup host Qatar set to play in Gold Cup next year in US
- World Cup host Qatar is set to play in the Gold Cup next year in the United States after accepting an invitation from soccer’s governing body for North and Central America and the Caribbean.
- The Asian Football Confederation issued a statement saying the Asian Cup champion will participate in the 2021 and 2023 Gold Cup tournaments as a guest under a memorandum of understanding signed in Bahrain in 2017.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Tom Seaver, Mets legend and Baseball Hall of Famer, passes away at age 75
- Longtime big leaguer and Hall of Famer Tom Seaver has passed away. He was 75.
- Seaver was named the NL Rookie of the Year after throwing 251 innings with a 2.76 ERA in 1967. He won three Cy Young awards (1969. 1973, 1975) and was selected to 12 All-Star Games. Seaver also finished second in the Cy Young voting in 1971 and 1981, and third in 1977. He was voted into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot in 1992.
DAILY CA 4TH SEP
- Shri Arjun Munda inaugurates ‘2 Days’ National Tribal Research Conclave’ being held virtually
- Donald Trump announces Wilmington as first World War II Heritage City
- G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting (Virtual) on Strengthening International Cooperation Across Borders
- RBL Bank launches cardless cash withdrawal facility through ATMs
- PayPal & DSCI report on ‘Fraud & Risk Management in Digital Payments’
- RBI Issues Revised PSL Guidelines To Increase Credit Penetration
- L&T bags significant contract from Defence Ministry
- Festival Pang Lhabsol Celebrated In Sikkim
- In first-ever digital initiative, Bihar police set up voice recording system to transcribe case diaries
- Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with CSIR for a bulk drug pharma park in the state
- Tripura receives first ever inland shipping cargo from Bangladesh
- SVP Group inks MoU with Rajasthan govt to invest Rs 4,000 cr in aviation, textile sectors
- Justice Arun Kumar Mishra retires from Supreme Court
- RBI Approves appointment of Murali Ramakrishnan as MD, CEO of South Indian Bank
- Krishnan appointed as MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank
- Govt approves restructuring of Railway Board, appoints first CEO in rail history
- Bureaucrat Kshatrapati Shivaji takes up India’s top statistical post
- Dr Neena Malhotra named India’s next envoy to Italy
- ABB India’s Factory To Be Awarded Green Factory Building Certification By IGBC
- NTPC wins National Management Games 2020
- Pope Francis” new book to hit stands in December
- IIT Delhi incubated startup launches ‘‘Chakr DeCoV’’ to decontaminate N95 masks
- DIAT Develops Herbal Based Immunity Boosting Room Freshener ‘Healthy Air’
- IISc researchers develop low-cost, on demand printing technique
- Akash, Isha Ambani Enter Fortune’s ’40 Under 40′ Global List
- IISc leads 63 Indian institutions in THE World University Rankings 2021
- Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan Wins World Open Online Chess Tournament
- Former England cricket allrounder David Capel passes away at 57
DAILY CA 5TH SEP
- International Day of Charity- 5th September
- National Teacher’s day- 5th September
- Cabinet Approves Bill To Include Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi As Official Languages In J&K
- UNEP launches “Green Nudges” programme for universities
- Rajnath Singh to represent India at Shanghai Cooperation Organisation meeting in Moscow
- LazyPay launches LazyUPI digital credit card
- RBI revises PSL guidelines; Bank loans to start-ups to get priority sector tag
- Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ceased to Be Banking Company: RBI
- Tata Power Signs a PPA With Tata Motors To Commission India’s Largest Carport At Pune
- J-K LG Launches SPARROW System For J-K Administrative Service Officers
- Assam govt re-launches SVAYEM scheme to provide self-employment to around 2 lakh youths
- C-CAMP inks pact with India Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre to nurture frugal innovations
- Punjab launches ‘iRakhwali’ mobile app to save environment
- Hyderabad based EFLU app ‘English Pro’ launched
- Infosys acquires US-based Kaleidoscope Innovation for $42 million
- Shri Raj Kumar Srivastava appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Croatia
- Sbotop ropes in Dwayne Bravo as brand ambassador
- Bajaj Allianz Life ropes in Ayushmann Khurrana as brand ambassador
- SIAM elects Kenichi Ayukawa as new President
- SEBI’s Manoj Kumar joins GIFT City’s regulatory body
- Australia appoints cricket icon Matthew Hayden as trade envoy to India
- Agnikul Cosmos bags TiE50 Award
- 12th Mekong Ganga Cooperation Senior Officials’ Meeting reviews progress made since Aug last year
- India to host summit of SCO council of heads of government on November 30
- Author Radha Nair on her book ‘Breaking The Cocoon @ 40’
- Mr Goonmeet Singh Chauhan’s New Book ‘Invertonomics’ Talks about Transforming India
- Two books on Ma Anand Sheela to be published later this year
- 11th INDRA NAVY: Bilateral maritime exercise between Indian and Russian Navy
- Ja Morant wins 2019-20 Kia NBA Rookie of the Year Award
- World Cup host Qatar set to play in Gold Cup next year in US
- Tom Seaver, Mets legend and Baseball Hall of Famer, passes away at age 75