This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Thaawarchand Gehlot to launch 24×7 Toll-Free Mental Health Rehabilitation Helpline ‘KIRAN’
- Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot will launch the 24×7 Toll-Free Mental Health Rehabilitation Helpline “KIRAN”. The helpline number is 1800-500-0019. This Helpline has been developed by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities to provide relief and support to persons with Mental Illness.
- This helpline will offer mental health rehabilitation services with the objective of early screening, first-aid, psychological support, mental well-being and psychological crisis management. It will function as a lifeline to provide 1st stage advice, counseling and reference to individuals, families, NGOs, Parent Associations, Professional Associations, Rehabilitation Institutes, Hospitals or anyone in need of support across the country.
- This assumes great significance in view of the growing incidence of Mental Illness, particularly in the wake of COVID-19 Pandemic.
About Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment:
- Thaawar Chand Gehlot, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Madhya Pradesh
- Krishan Pal Gurjar, Minister of State
3rd Rashtriya Poshan Maah being celebrated this month to address malnutrition among young children and women
- The 3rd Rashtriya Poshan Maah is being celebrated this month to address malnutrition among young children and women. The objective of the Poshan Maah is to encourage Jan Bhagidaari to ensure health and nutrition for everyone. Women and Child Development Ministry stated the Poshan Maah is celebrated every year under POSHAN Abhiyaan, which was launched in 2018. Considering the prevalent COVID situation in the Country, the Ministry is encouraging all stakeholders to use digital platforms for celebrating Poshan Maah.
- The Prime Minister drew attention towards the role played by nutrition in helping children and students to attain their optimum potential. He also noted the efforts made during the past few years especially in villages where public participation in nutrition week and nutrition month is converting nutrition awareness into a mass movement.
About Ministry of Women and Child Development:
- Smriti Zubin Irani, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Amethi
- Debasree Chaudhuri, Minister of State
Prakash Javadekar to chair a webinar on first ever International Day of Clean Air For Blue Skies
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar will chair a webinar on the first-ever International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies. Mr Javadekar will also review the progress of activities under the National Clean Air programme (NCAP) during the course of the webinar.
- The webinar will be joined by Principal Secretaries of the Urban Development Departments and Environment Departments of 28 states and 8 Union Territories. Commissioners of 122 cities as identified in the NCAP programme will also participate. Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address from the Red Fort on this year’s Independence Day, had highlighted the need of holistic improvement in air quality in 100 cities.
- The General Assembly of the United Nations on 19th December last year had adopted a resolution to observe the International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies on 7th September every year starting from this year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Srei Equipment Finance bags €10-m loan from KfW IPEX-Bank
- Srei Equipment Finance has bagged a €10-million (about 87 crore) loan from KfW IPEX-Bank to facilitate German exports to India. The financing is backed by cover from Euler Hermes.
- Through this arrangement, KfW IPEX-Bank will provide modern and energy-efficient construction machinery for use in Indian infrastructure projects.
- The financed machinery from a German construction machine manufacturer includes asphalt machines, road pavers and rollers.
About Srei Equipment Finance Limited:
- Hemant Kanoria – Chairman
- Head quarters : kolkata
About KfW IPEX-Bank:
- Headquarters:Frankfurt, Germany
- CEO: Klaus R. Michalak
WE HUB, NutriHub partner to aid women entrepreneurs in agri business
- WE HUB, an incubator to foster and promote women entrepreneurship, has announced its partnership with NutriHub, a first of its kind incubator to cater start-ups needs in the Nutricereals sector.
- NutriHub is the Central government’s Department of Science & Technology (DST) supported Technology Business Incubator hosted by the Indian Institute of Millet Research, ICAR – IIMR, Hyderabad.
- The MoU was inked between Vilas A Tonapi, Director, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Indian Institute of Millets Research and Deepthi Ravula, CEO, WE HUB, a Government of Telangana initiative.
- The partnership will initiate virtual co-incubation for women-led start-ups in the agripreneurship space. NutriHub, through its existing R&D facility, will support WE HUB start-ups with technical advice, testing, product development, access to laboratories, equipment, and technical staff. It plans to help in technical and product development support, technology transfer and cross-learning for women entrepreneurs.
- WE HUB and NutriHub will collaborate in conducting start-up related events, workshops, to generate interest among potential start-ups. These programmes will enable women entrepreneurs to gain a deeper understanding of the industry landscape, hence helping them scale-up and sustain in the ecosystem.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
First-ever cannabis medicine project coming up in Jammu
- Union minister Jitendra Singh announced that the first ever cannabis medicine project will soon be set up at Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM) in Jammu with Canadian collaboration.
- Special permission had to be obtained to produce the pain-relief medicine for patients suffering from cancer, diabetes, etc., using cannabis, which is otherwise restricted for use because of narcotic drug abuse.
- The medicine prepared from this plant can be utilised even for export to other countries.
- Singh also reviewed the progress of the construction of north India’s first biotech industrial park in Kathua near Jammu.
- A few other projects are also being set up through the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
About Jammu and Kashmir
- Capitals: Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
- Governor: Manoj Sinha
Tamil Nadu Govt constitutes 7- member panel to look into NEP-2020
- The Tamil Nadu Government has constituted a seven member panel to look into the National Education Policy-2020.
- The committee will be headed by the state education department principal secretary Dheeraj Kumar with six former vice chancellors as the members.
- The higher level committee will go through the policy and make recommendations that are feasible for adoption.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu selected as fully Digital Economy district
- Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu, which houses a large number of small and medium enterprises, especially in the fire crackers and allied sectors, has been selected by the Central Government as the state’s first Fully Digital Economy district.
- All industrial units and commercial establishments in the district are at present implementing various forms of cashless transactions.
- These include widespread use of ATM debit cards, increased usage of internet banking, widespread use of QR codes etc.
UP govt to allocate outlets under Public Distribution System to women SHGs
- In a major step towards self-reliance of the women in the state, Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to allocate outlets under Public Distribution System to women self-help groups. These are the outlets which are lying unattended in state. The move will expedite the food distribution to the needy hit by the pandemic.
- The State Government has decided to give women self-help groups priority during reallocation of PDS shops in rural and urban areas. Currently, there are more than 2,000 PDS shops ready for reallocation in the state whose licences have been cancelled earlier due to different reasons.
- Rural Development Ministry has been asked to provide the details of those self-help groups who are functioning effectively and are able to run the PDS outlets.
- A letter in this regard has been sent to the concerned officials to complete the reallocation process as early as possible. During reallocation, first priority will be given to the self-help groups among others and if there happens to be more than one applicant for an outlet then the group with the highest number of active members will be given the preference. Government will also help these self help groups in running the shops properly.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
Andhra Pradesh government signs MoUs with Netherlands, 7 firms on food processing, marketing
- The State government signed Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with the Netherlands government and seven companies in food processing, marketing and technologies, to benefit the horticulture and aquaculture farmers across the State.
- The government signed an MoU with the Netherlands for interior architecture, design, packaging and containers for the food processing. Ambassador of Netherlands to India Martin Van Den Berg attended the programme through video conference from New Delhi
- An MoU with Tiruchirappalli-based ICAR-National Research Centre for Banana was signed for banana cultivation and processing. The institute promotes micro food processing and is involved in quality testing laboratories.
- An agreement was reached with Pune-based Futuretech Foods Private Limited for processing of bananas and other foods along with different vegetables. CEO Ajit Soman, who signed the document, explained the vacuum technology.
- An MoU with Big Basket for marketing infrastructure pertaining to food processing of tomato and banana was The MoU with ITC, signed by its vice president G Krishna Kumar, was meant for food processing of mango, sweet lime, chillies among others.
- The government also entered into an agreement with IFB for technology and marketing of shrimp and fish and also signed an MoU with Empire Company for export and retail marketing of shrimp and fish.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Capital : Amaravati
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Karnataka clears Rs 600 crore watershed project
- The Karnataka Cabinet approved a Rs 600 cr project – Rejuvenating Watersheds for Agriculture Resilience through Innovative Development (REWARD) – for the benefit of 20 taluks with low groundwater levels in Karnataka.
- While the World Bank will fund 70% of the project (Rs 420 crore), 30% of the expenses (Rs 180 crore) will be borne by the state government.
- The project will benefit farmers to cultivate in 10 lakh hectares of land in taluks such as Shikaripura in Shivamogga district, Kolar in Kolar district, Sira in Tumakuru, Arasikere in Hassan, Hirekerur in Haveri and 15 others.
- The government also sanctioned Rs 377.46 crore for two medical colleges being constructed under Centrally-sponsored schemes. While Rs 309 crore was sanctioned for Yadgir Medical College, the remaining amount is for Haveri Medical College.
- A new tender to operate 700 Arogya Kavacha ambulances in Karnataka was also approved during the Cabinet meeting. The government also sanctioned Rs 85 crore for Fishing Port at Maravanthe in Uttara Kannada district.
- The ambitious project worth Rs 450 crore for ensuring water falls at Jog perennially was scrapped and Rs 120 crore was sanctioned for constructing rope way, amphitheatre, parking facility .
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
LG launches SPARROW portal for JKAS officers
- Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha launched the Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) system for J&K Administrative Service officers, at the Raj Bhavan.
- The Performance Appraisal Reports of AIS officers are submitted on the SPARROW portal. On the same analogy, the Government of J&K has decided to switch over from manual to online generation and recording of Annual Performance Reports in respect of members of J&K Administrative Service on this system.
- The technological intervention is going to benefit around 1289 officers and is aimed at bringing more transparency, avoiding loss of appraisal reports during transition, ensuring better monitoring and timely completion of performance appraisals
- The Project is being implemented by J&K e-Governance Agency, Information Technology Department in collaboration with National Informatics Centre and the General Administration Department.
- The Sparrow System will not only overcome the delay in the processing of the manual recording of APRs but will also facilitate the electronic filing through a user-friendly interface – anywhere, anytime. The system would streamline the APR life-cycle. It would be a major administrative reform. Recording and movement of e-APR forms will be seamless, quick, and convenient due to in-built alert mechanisms and online status checks through different modes during the workflow.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Rajiv Lall Resigns As Non-Executive Chairman Of IDFC First Bank
- Rajiv B Lall, non-executive chairman of IDFC First Bank, has resigned with immediate effect.
- While Lall was the founder MD and CEO of the IDFC Bank since October 2015, he ceased to be the MD and CEO after the bank got merged with Capital First in December 2018. He took the role of non-executive chairman of the merged entity IDFC First Bank. Earlier, he was the CEO and then executive chairman of IDFC Ltd.
About IDFC First Bank
- CEO: V. Vaidyanathan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
FADA appoints Vinkesh Gulati as its new President for 2020-22
- Auto dealer’s body The Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations(FADA) has announced the appointment of Vinkesh Gulati as its 35th President for the period 2020-22.
- Gulati is the Director of United Automobiles, based out of Allahabad and Faridabad.
- The appointment was made at the Governing Council Meeting of FADA that held immediately after the 56th Annual General Meeting of the Federation.
- FADA also appointed Manish Raj Singhania, Managing Partner – Ralas Motors, Raipur (dealer for Mahindra & Mahindra) as the Vice President and Chittur Selvakumar Vigneshwar, Deputy Managing Director – Anaamalais Toyota, Coimbatore (dealer for Toyota, VECV and Benelli) as the Secretary.
- Sai Giridhar – Director, Saisha Motors – Jaipur (dealer for Skoda Auto) will be treasurer for the year 2020-22.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
National Teachers’ Awards 2020: President Kovind confers awards to 47 teachers across India
- The national level awards are given on Teachers’ Day to celebrate the unique contribution of some of the finest teachers in the country and to honour those teachers who through their commitment have not only improved the quality of school education but also enriched the lives of their students.
- For infusing joyful learning to making maths easy and developing innovative methods of teaching 47 teachers from across the country were conferred the National Teachers’ Awards by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- This year, the candidates appeared before the jury through video conference and made presentations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Prahlad Singh Patel virtually attends 5th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting
- Union Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel virtually attended 5th BRICS Culture Ministers’
- The 5th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting was held through video conference under the Chairpersonship of the Russian Federation.
- The delegates from Culture Ministries of the Federative Republic of Brazil, the Russian Federation, the Republic of India, the People’s Republic of China and the Republic of South Africa participated in the meeting.
- During the meeting, the discussion was held on the impact of the epidemiological situation on the cultural sphere in the BRICS countries and review of the possible implementation of joint cultural online-projects within BRICS.
- The Minister of State for Culture addressed participants of the meeting and presented India’s perspective to strengthen the cultural cooperation within BRICS through alternative mechanisms of sharing and organizing cultural events in the online format given the prevailing pandemic situation.
- The National Gallery of Modern Arts, New Delhi will host the BRICS Joint Exhibition titled ‘Bonding Regions & Imagining Cultural Synergies’ under the auspices of the BRICS Alliance of Art Museums and Galleries.
- The exhibition is proposed to be organized in 2021 coinciding with the BRICS event that India would be hosting in 2021.
- The exhibition aims to present around 100 works of art from the five prestigious institutions under the BRICS Alliance.
- Minister of Culture and Minister of Tourism of India: Prahlad Singh Patel
- Constituency: Damoh, Madhya Pradesh
35th FAO Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific (APRC)
- The 35th Session of the Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific is being held virtually from 1-4 September 2020, on a videoconferencing platform, on an exceptional basis, in light of the global COVID-19 pandemic and associated public health concerns.
- The move to a virtual format followed consultations with the FAO Director-General, the Regional Groups representing member nations, and with the concurrence of the Host Country, Bhutan.
- Hon’ble Lyonpo Yeshi Penjor, Minister for Agriculture and Forest was elected as the Chairperson for the 35th session of the APRC. More than 490 representatives from the 46 member countries are participating in this four days virtual conference.
- The Conference decided that the 36th APRC will be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh in 2022.
3rd Annual Leadership Summit of US-India Strategic Partnership Forum
- PM Narendra Modi shall deliver the Special Key Note Address at the USISPF 3rd Annual Leadership Summit at, through video conference.
- 3rd Annual Leadership Summit of US-India Strategic Partnership Forum: Theme -The Theme of the 5 day Summit that began on the 31st of August is “US-India Navigating New Challenges”.
- – The theme covers various subjects such as India’s potential in becoming a Global Manufacturing Hub, Opportunities in India’s Gas Market, Ease of Doing Business to attract FDI in India, Common Opportunities & Challenges in Tech Space, Indo-Pacific Economic issues, Innovation in Public Health and others.
- Goyal outlined to the members of USISPF about the steps being undertaken in the country, to facilitate industry and investments. He stated that GIS-enabled land bank has been launched on pilot basis, with six states on board, which will help the investors in identifying the land and location.
- The Minister also mentioned about the single-window system for clearances, which is being developed in cooperation with various approving authorities and agencies at the Central, State and Municipal levels. On the issue of trade agreement between the US and India, Shri Goyal stated India is ready to sign initial limited trade package, and it is up to the US to move ahead.
About US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF):
- The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) is a non-profit organization that works for the partnership between India and the U.S.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
CMERI Durgapur develops solar-powered sprayers for small, marginal farmers
- CMERI Durgapur has developed two solar-powered spray systems to help small and marginal farmers engage in site-specific irrigation to reduce water wastage.
- The solar battery-operated sprayers developed by CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) can also be used for targeted pest control, thus reducing environmental pollution.
- The systems are equipped with two tanks, flow control and pressure regulators for different water and pesticide requirements of the crops.
- These devices can bring a revolution in the sphere of precision agriculture by reducing water usage in the fields.
- CSIR’s Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute have developed world’s largest ‘solar tree’ which is installed at its residential complex in Durgapur in West Bengal.
IIT Guwahati Researchers Design Engineered Surfaces To Detect, Prevent COVID-19
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati have developed methods to detect and prevent the novel coronavirus using bio-interface interactions between the virus and the surface spike protein.
- The novel coronavirus (SARS CoV-2) is composed of inner nucleic acid which is covered with surface spike glycoprotein and the engineered surfaces can be potentially applied for the detection as well as prevention of COVID-19 — the disease caused by the virus.
- The interaction between the spike protein and contacting surfaces constitutes the key step of transmission of coronavirus.
- Thus, surface engineering, on one hand, shall facilitate a quick detection method and on the other hand, it would be a very secure method of protection against the virus, for example when applied on PPEs.
IIT Bombay’s robotic submarine Matsya 6 finishes third in RoboSub competition
- A robotic submarine – Matsya 6 – designed by students of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, won the third position in presentation at the global RoboSub competition held in California.
- Matsya 6 is the latest in the series of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) developed by students of IIT Bombay.
- The IIT-B team ranked seventh in the overall category. Matsya 6 is an autonomous underwater vehicle that operates on its own without any human intervention. It is capable of detecting underwater objects through cameras installed on it or the sound excited by the objects
SpaceX launches 60 Starlink satellites, inches closer to faster internet
- SpaceX has successfully sent 60 Starlink internet satellites aboard the Falcon 9.
- The launch was Starlink’s first mission of the month. The Elon-musk owned space tech company has conducted sixteen missions this year.
- Falcon 9 successfully lifted off with the twelfth Starlink mission, carrying 60 Starlink satellites to orbit. Falcon 9 lifted off from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at Kennedy Space Center in Florida,” SpaceX stated .Falcon 9’s first stage of the mission was carried out in June with the launch of the GPS III Space Vehicle 03.
- The satellites are meant to provide ‘cheaper and faster’ internet to inaccessible areas. The satellites in its initial tests had provided over 100 Mbps speeds.
- “Falcon 9 launches 60 Starlink satellites to orbit – Starlink will deliver high-speed broadband internet to locations where access has been unreliable, expensive, or completely unavailable,” SpaceX.
- “In initial tests of Starlink, the team has been collecting latency data and performing standard speed tests of the system. Results from these tests have shown super low latency and download speeds greater than 100 mbps – fast enough to stream multiple HD movies at once and still have the bandwidth to spare,” it added.
- The company is targeting the Northern United States and Canada for initial service in 2020. It will then expand internet coverage globally by 2021, it stated.
- CEO: Elon Musk
- Headquarters: California, United States
China just launched a ‘reusable experimental spacecraft’ into orbit
- China launched an experimental reusable spacecraft into orbit with few details about what the spacecraft will do.
- A report from Chinese state media’s Xinhua stated the launch was successful and that a Long March 2F rocket sent the spacecraft into orbit from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in the Gobi Desert, but it provided no information about exact launch time or what technologies the spacecraft will test.
- After a period of in-orbit operation, the spacecraft will return to the scheduled landing site in China. It will test reusable technologies during its flight, providing technological support for the peaceful use of space, Xinhua stated.
- Space News noted a few months of low-key work related to the launch and that it may be the same reusable space plane project that China stated, back in 2017, that it wanted to launch in 2020.
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
- Currency: Renminbi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
WhatsApp partners Cyber Peace Foundation to drive cyber safety awareness
- Facebook-owned WhatsApp has partnered Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF) to create awareness on cyber safety among students.
- The partners aim to reach about 15,000 students in five Indian states Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and Maharashtra by the end of this year under the first phase of a pan-India programme.
- This latest initiative builds on a previous partnership under the ‘e-Raksha’ programme that reached thousands of students.
- CPF will train teachers, parents and students using a co-created curriculum to arm them with tips and tricks to increase online safety for children in consultation with UNICEF and state police authorities.
- At the end of these trainings, the participants will create a ‘Cyber Peace Club’ to ensure that this knowledge is further institutionalised and manage a repository of guidance that other students can refer to for boosting online child safety
- The curriculum that has been created by WhatsApp and CPF will focus on developmental skills and offer consultations with education boards, and governments at the state and national level.
About Cyber Peace Foundation
- Headquarters: Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Founder: Vineet Kumar
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
IIT Roorkee signs MoU with NIUA for building accessible, safe Indian cities
- National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee for collaboration in areas of universal design principles and inclusive development in the backdrop of ‘Building Accessible Safe Inclusive Indian Cities’ (BASIIC) program.
- The MoU was signed between Prof. Ajit K Chaturvedi, Director, IIT Roorkee, and Mr. Hitesh Vaidya, Director, NIUA. The MoU facilitates cooperation in the field policy research, technical support, knowledge creation, and dissemination.
- IIT will bring in the expertise in accessibility, safety & inclusivity and jointly take up research and development, formulation of innovative solutions, knowledge management and training and capacity-building.
- NIUA will identify thrust areas of the program, provide the necessary intelligence, expertise and guidance in policy research and development in the discipline. IIT Roorkee will be working with BASIIC program partners including relevant Government bodies & Institutions and Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) of partner cities.
About National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA):
- The National Institute of Urban Affairs is an institute for research, training and information dissemination in urban development and management in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1976 as an autonomous body under the Societies Registration Act.
LEAF, AP Govt ink agreement with focus on food processing
- Integrated agri value-chain company – Lawrencedale Agro Processing India (LEAF) has entered into an agreement with the Government of Andhra Pradesh to expand the scope of food processing in the State.
- LEAF has inked an agreement with the Andhra Pradesh Food Processing Society at Tadepalli, Guntur, under the purview of the Andhra Pradesh government’s Department of Industries and Commerceto boost the income of marginal farmers with special focus on food processing.
- In a release issued jointly by the State government and LEAF, Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy has stated, “This initiative of Integrated Food Park Scheme is one more aspect towards ensuring higher income for farmers,” he stated.
- The State tops in the production of mango, lime, tomato, eggs, banana, chillies, and shrimp and second in production of ground nut, maize and paddy in the country.
- The CEO of the food processing society L Sridhar Reddy stated that the sector has attracted over 5-lakh crore investments in recent years. “Such tie-ups and initiatives would besides empowering farmers, attract more investments,” he stated
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Andhra Pradesh tops ease of doing business rankings, Telangana on 3rd spot
- Andhra Pradesh has bagged the first rank among all the states in the country in the state business reforms action plan-2019 (BRAP-2019), representing ease of doing business for Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- The ranks were announced by the Department of Industrial Promotion and Internal Trade (DPIIT) during a virtual event chaired by Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman, in the presence of Union minister of commerce Piyush Goyal and all state industries ministers.
- While Uttar Pradesh stood in the second position, Telangana bagged the third spot in the overall ranking of the state business process reforms undertaken during 2019.
- Andhra Pradesh has undertaken several reforms in the last year, ranging from the development of online systems, enhancing transparency to regulating inspections covering the entire lifecycle of the business.
- The Business Reform Action Plan 2019 released by the Centre contains a list of 80 reforms (187 reform action points) to be implemented by 19 State departments.
- Andhra Pradesh has achieved 100 percent compliance to the 187 reform action points by DPIIT-World Bank as a part of BRAP 2019
Hyderabad among top cities for career in AI
- Hyderabad is one of the top five cities in the country to offer jobs in the field of artificial intelligence (AI), a latest report by job portal site Indeed has revealed.
- Bengaluru tops the list of destinations for a career in AI, followed by Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, and Chennai.
- Job searches in the field have risen 106 per cent in the past year (June 2019 to June 2020), and this has increased further by 20 per cent from March to July 2020, in line with the onset of the pandemic.
- AI-related job postings have also seen a steady rise in the last two years, with a 51 per cent jump between June 2019 and June 2020.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Former England batsman Ian Bell announces retirement from cricket
- Former England batsman Ian Bell has announced his retirement from professional cricket.
- Bell played 161 one-day internationals and eight Twenty20s.
- He was player of the series in the 2013 Ashes, in which he hit three centuries in five matches as England beat Australia 3-0.
Pierre Gasly wins thrilling Italian Grand Prix
- Pierre Gasly took a stunning upset win in the Italian Grand Prix for Red Bull’s Alpha Tauri team in one of the most remarkable races in history.
- Lewis Hamilton was dominating until he was penalised for being called in for a stop when the pit lane was closed.
- McLaren’s Carlos Sainzhas spotted second and he is followed by Lance Stroll.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Veteran filmmaker Johnny Bakshi passes away
- Veteran producer-director Johnny Bakshi passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest. He was 82.
- Bakshi mostly worked as a producer, backing films such as Manzilein Aur Bhi Hain, (1974), Raavan, (1984) and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee (1993). He has also directed two films Daku Aur Police (1992) and Khudai (1994)
Former BSF DIG Dr Mahesh Kumar Dwivedy passes away
- Former DIG of BSF (Medical Wing) Dr Mahesh Kumar Dwivedy passed away after prolonged illness at the age of 73.
- Dr Dwivedy, a native of Sukinda in Jajpur district, served in North-East Punjab and various parts of the country as a doctor in the BSF.
DAILY CA 5TH SEP
- International Day of Charity- 5th September
- National Teacher’s day- 5th September
- Cabinet Approves Bill To Include Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi As Official Languages In J&K
- UNEP launches “Green Nudges” programme for universities
- Rajnath Singh to represent India at Shanghai Cooperation Organisation meeting in Moscow
- LazyPay launches LazyUPI digital credit card
- RBI revises PSL guidelines; Bank loans to start-ups to get priority sector tag
- Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ceased to Be Banking Company: RBI
- Tata Power Signs a PPA With Tata Motors To Commission India’s Largest Carport At Pune
- J-K LG Launches SPARROW System For J-K Administrative Service Officers
- Assam govt re-launches SVAYEM scheme to provide self-employment to around 2 lakh youths
- C-CAMP inks pact with India Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre to nurture frugal innovations
- Punjab launches ‘iRakhwali’ mobile app to save environment
- Hyderabad based EFLU app ‘English Pro’ launched
- Infosys acquires US-based Kaleidoscope Innovation for $42 million
- Shri Raj Kumar Srivastava appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Croatia
- Sbotop ropes in Dwayne Bravo as brand ambassador
- Bajaj Allianz Life ropes in Ayushmann Khurrana as brand ambassador
- SIAM elects Kenichi Ayukawa as new President
- SEBI’s Manoj Kumar joins GIFT City’s regulatory body
- Australia appoints cricket icon Matthew Hayden as trade envoy to India
- Agnikul Cosmos bags TiE50 Award
- 12th Mekong Ganga Cooperation Senior Officials’ Meeting reviews progress made since Aug last year
- India to host summit of SCO council of heads of government on November 30
- Author Radha Nair on her book ‘Breaking The Cocoon @ 40’
- Mr Goonmeet Singh Chauhan’s New Book ‘Invertonomics’ Talks about Transforming India
- Two books on Ma Anand Sheela to be published later this year
- 11th INDRA NAVY: Bilateral maritime exercise between Indian and Russian Navy
- Ja Morant wins 2019-20 Kia NBA Rookie of the Year Award
- World Cup host Qatar set to play in Gold Cup next year in US
- Tom Seaver, Mets legend and Baseball Hall of Famer, passes away at age 75
DAILY CA 6TH & 7th SEP
- Thaawarchand Gehlot to launch 24×7 Toll-Free Mental Health Rehabilitation Helpline ‘KIRAN’
- 3rd Rashtriya Poshan Maah being celebrated this month to address malnutrition among young children and women
- Prakash Javadekar to chair a webinar on first ever International Day of Clean Air For Blue Skies
- Srei Equipment Finance bags €10-m loan from KfW IPEX-Bank
- WE HUB, NutriHub partner to aid women entrepreneurs in agri business
- First-ever cannabis medicine project coming up in Jammu
- Tamil Nadu Govt constitutes 7- member panel to look into NEP-2020
- Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu selected as fully Digital Economy district
- UP govt to allocate outlets under Public Distribution System to women SHGs
- Andhra Pradesh government signs MoUs with Netherlands, 7 firms on food processing, marketing
- Karnataka clears Rs 600 crore watershed project
- LG launches SPARROW portal for JKAS officers
- Rajiv Lall Resigns As Non-Executive Chairman Of IDFC First Bank
- FADA appoints Vinkesh Gulati as its new President for 2020-22
- National Teachers’ Awards 2020: President Kovind confers awards to 47 teachers across India
- Prahlad Singh Patel virtually attends 5th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting
- 35th FAO Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific (APRC)
- 3rd Annual Leadership Summit of US-India Strategic Partnership Forum
- CMERI Durgapur develops solar-powered sprayers for small, marginal farmers
- IIT Guwahati Researchers Design Engineered Surfaces To Detect, Prevent COVID-19
- IIT Bombay’s robotic submarine Matsya 6 finishes third in RoboSub competition
- SpaceX launches 60 Starlink satellites, inches closer to faster internet
- China just launched a ‘reusable experimental spacecraft’ into orbit
- WhatsApp partners Cyber Peace Foundation to drive cyber safety awareness
- IIT Roorkee signs MoU with NIUA for building accessible, safe Indian cities
- LEAF, AP Govt ink agreement with focus on food processing
- Andhra Pradesh tops ease of doing business rankings, Telangana on 3rd spot
- Hyderabad among top cities for career in AI
- Former England batsman Ian Bell announces retirement from cricket
- Pierre Gasly wins thrilling Italian Grand Prix
- Veteran filmmaker Johnny Bakshipasses away
- Former BSF DIG Dr Mahesh Kumar Dwivedy passes away