This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
- Hiroshima Day is observed annually on 6 August. Hiroshima Day 2020 marks the 75th year of walking the path of the atomic bomb.
- Hiroshima Day commemorates the remembrance of the bombing attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki by the United States during World War II in 1945.
- This day aims to raise awareness about the threat of nuclear weapons and the dangers of nuclear energy.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India contributes over $15 million to India-UN Development Partnership Fund
- India has contributed $15.46 million to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund, underscoring the country’s commitment to supporting developing nations in their developmental priorities across all the Sustainable Development Goals.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador T S Tirumurti handed over a cheque of $15.46 million to the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) Director Jorge Chediek at a low-key ceremony held within social distancing guidelines at the Permanent Mission of India to the UN.
- The tranche of $15.46 million includes $6 million to the overall fund, in which all the developing countries are eligible for partnership, and $9.46 million dedicated to the Commonwealth countries.
- The India-UN Development Partnership Fund is managed by the UNOSSC and implemented under the leadership of partner developing countries leveraging the strengths of United Nations Agencies, Funds and Programmes.
The Indian government has renewed its commitment to supporting fellow developing countries in their national developmental priorities across all the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Director: Jorge Chediek
- Headquarter– New York, United States (US)
NIDM in collaboration with IMD organises webinar series on “Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk Reduction”
- National Institute of Disaster Management in collaboration with India Meteorological Department organised a webinar series on “Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk Reduction”. The webinar series include four webinars focusing on Thunderstorms and Lightning, Cloudburst and Floods, Cyclones and Storm Surges and Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events.
- The webinar series exhorted on enhancing human capacity in terms of better understanding of Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk and effective collaborative actions.
- Minister of State for Home Affairs, Nityanand Rai inaugurated the first webinar on “Thunderstorms and Lightning”. He highlighted the major interventions carried out by the Government departments and agencies for reducing the adverse risks of Hydro-Meteorological disasters.
- He also emphasised on focusing on collaborative short and long term mitigation and reduction measures to diminish the adverse impacts of these disasters.
About National Institute of Disaster Management:
- Executive Director: Major General Manoj Kumar Bindal
- Location: New Delhi
About India Meteorological Department:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Agency executive: Dr. Mrutyunjay Mohapatra, Director General of Meteorology
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India extends Line of Credit worth 18 million US dollars to Maldives for expansion of fishing facilities at MIFCO
- India has extended Line of Credit worth 18 million US dollars to the Government of Maldives for the expansion of fishing facilities at Maldives Industrial Fisheries Company (MIFCO).
- The project envisages investment in fish collection and storage facilities and the setting up of a tuna cooked plant and fishmeal plant. It is part of the 800 million US dollars line of credit offered by India with repayment tenor of 20 years and a 5-year moratorium.
- This project will benefit the Maldives in accessing new markets, increasing fish collection and storage capacity, along with creating greater value addition and additional sources of income.
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Reserve Bank of India keeps repo rate unchanged at 4 percent
- RBI governor Shaktikanta Das stated that the apex bank’s monetary policy committee has decided to unanimously leave the policy repo rate unchanged at 4 per cent. He added that RBI will continue with the accommodative stance of monetary policy as long as necessary to revive growth, mitigate the impact of COVID-19, while ensuring that inflation remains within the target going forward.
- He stated, the reverse repo rate stands unchanged at 35 per cent. He stated the MPC’s assessment is that the global economic activity has remained fragile and in retrenchment in the first half of 2020.
- The RBI Governor stated the headline CPI inflation, which was at 5.8 per cent in March 2020, was placed at 1 per cent in the provisional estimates for June 2020.
- He stated given the uncertainty surrounding the inflation outlook and extremely weak state of the economy in the midst of an unprecedented shock from the ongoing pandemic, the MPC decided to keep the policy rate on hold, while remaining watchful for a durable reduction in inflation to use available space to support the revival of the economy.
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
BOB Financial Solutions Limited partners Fiserv Technology for Digital Transformation
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda, has selected Fiserv, Inc., to enable the digitization of their end-to-end card issuance and processing cycle and support the unveiling of several new and high-tech products namely contactless credit cards, tokenisation and integration with branded wallets, and virtual credit cards.
- BFSL is one of India’s earliest issuers of credit cards in India and has been delivering card products and services to its customers. To speed-up their digital strategy and keep pace with rapidly changing consumer expectations, BFSL will be deploying FirstVisionTM from Fiserv, an end-to-end managed services solution that enables card issuing and processing with global economies of scale and integrated capabilities that span the card lifecycle.
PayU introduces payouts solutions to scale up financial operations for merchant
- PayU has introduced Payouts from Payins feature that will help merchants in receiving payins (settlements and payments) directly into virtual accounts created by PayU, eliminating the need for constant recharging.
- This will help in enhancing its flexible fund source management and beneficiary management capabilities with its enhanced Payouts product suite.
- From pay-ins received in the accounts, merchants will be able to handle bulk disbursals to vendors, partners, employees and customers directly, streamlining operations. Merchants have the flexibility of selecting the payout option which suits them best, including connected banking, a feature which allows merchants to use PayU APIs and dashboard to make secure payouts from their existing bank accounts.
- Headquarters: Hoofddorp Netherlands
- CEO: Laurent Le Moal
NHB, NABARD get special liquidity facility of Rs.5,000 crore each
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced additional special liquidity facility of 5,000 crore each for the National Housing Bank (NHB) and the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) at the policy repo rate of 4 per cent.
- In the case of NHB, the central bank stated the Rs.5,000 crore facility is being provided to shield the housing sector from liquidity disruptions and augment the flow of finance to the sector through housing finance companies (HFCs)
- The RBI excepts the Rs.5,000-crore facility for NABARD to ameliorate the stress being faced by smaller non-bank finance companies (NBFCs) and micro-finance institutions in obtaining access to liquidity.
- The RBI had earlier announced refinancing of Rs.25,000 crore to NABARD and Rs.10,000 crore to NHB on April 17 as they were facing difficulties in raising resources in view of tightening financial conditions amid the pandemic.
- Founded: 9 July 1988
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Managing Director: Shri Sriram Kalyanaraman
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Agency executive: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala (Chairperson)
RBI to set up innovation hub
- To rope in start-ups for IT solutions for financial inclusion, efficient banking services
- The Reserve Bank will set up an innovation hub aimed at roping in start-ups to come up with ideas for addressing issues related to financial inclusion and efficient banking services.
- The new innovation hub will encourage solutions in areas such as cyber security, data analytics and delivery platform. To promote innovation across the financial sector by leveraging technology and create an environment which would facilitate and foster innovation, Reserve Bank will set up an innovation hub in India. The innovation hub will support, promote and hand-hold cross-thinking spanning regulatory remits and national boundaries, the RBI stated in a statement.
- The central bank had earlier set up a regulatory sandbox framework in which solutions related to digital payments were invited. Six proposals were accepted under the sandbox, the pilot studies/trials of which have been delayed on account of the Covid-19 situation.
RBI sets up panel under KV Kamath for one-time restructuring of loans
- The RBI has decided to provide a window under the June 7 Prudential Framework to enable lenders to implement a resolution plan in respect of eligible corporate exposures — without a change in ownership — as well as personal loans, while classifying such exposures as standard assets.
- The central bank is constituting an Expert Committee under KV Kamath which shall make recommendations to the RBI on the required financial parameters, along with the sector-specific benchmark ranges for such parameters, to be factored into resolution plans. The Expert Committee shall also undertake a process validation of resolution plans for borrowal accounts above a specified threshold.
- The “Prudential Framework on Resolution of Stressed Assets”, dated June 7, 2019, provides a principle-based resolution framework for addressing borrower defaults. Any resolution plan implemented under the Prudential Framework, which involves granting of any concessions on account of financial difficulty of the borrower, entails an asset classification downgrade except when accompanied by a change in ownership, subject to prescribed conditions.
Airtel Payments Bank partners Bharti AXA General Insurance to secure retailers and merchants
- Airtel Payments Bank has entered into a partnership with Bharti AXA General Insurance to offer shop insurance to the bank’s retailers and merchants.
- Under the strategic alliance, the Smart Plan Shop Package Policy provides financial protection in case of damage to assets inside the shop due to fire and allied perils and burglary, among others, as covered in the product.
- A large number of the bank’s retailers and merchants are small- and medium-size shop owners who are totally dependent on their shops for their livelihood.
- Any major accident because of fire or burglary can lead to a big financial loss. The shop insurance policy would provide financial protection against these losses.
- The Smart Plan Shop Package Policy covers assets inside the shop against burglary, fire and allied perils such as flood, earthquake, landslide, rockslide, riots, strike and malicious damage, among others. It also covers the loss of money in safe because of an accident. The shop insurance has a flexible sum insured option, starting from Rs.2 lakh up to a maximum of Rs.25 lakh.
About Airtel Payments Bank:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Anubrata Biswas
About Bharti AXA General Insurance:
- CEO: Sanjeev Srinivasan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Airtel, Amazon Web Services to help MSMEs, others adopt cloud solutions
- Airtel announced a multi-year strategic collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer cloud solutions to small and medium enterprises (SME) as well as large businesses in India.
- Airtel Cloud will set-up an AWS Cloud Practice to offer its customers multiple AWS services such as Windows on AWS, SAP on AWS, VMware Cloud on AWS, database migration, and security and risk governance solutions.
- Airtel Cloud will also help customers adopt new services and migrate to the cloud through the support of AWS’s services across analytics, data warehousing, Internet of Things (IoT), and machine learning (ML).
- The partnership between Airtel and AWS follows similar tie-ups between other leading technology players in the country looking to tap into the vast SMB market.
- CEO: Gopal Vittal
- Headquarters: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
India’s first snow leopard conservation centre to come up in Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand state forest department will open India’s first conversation centre for snow leopards in Uttarakashi district.
- The centre will come up at Lanka in Bhairoghhati area of Uttarkashi forest division. The decision will help to conserve the precious species.
- The exercise which is being termed as the first-ever in the country by experts got delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In Uttarakhand, snow leopards are found in Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve, Gangotri National Park, Askot Wildlife Sanctuary and other places of altitude between 3000-4500 meters in total geographical area of around 13,000 square kilometres.
- This global snow leopard project seeks to identify at least 20 landscapes and secure them as protected areas for the species by the end of 2020.
- Capitals: Dehradun, Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister:Trivender Singh Rawat
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
Haryana CM Khattar launches ”Parivar Pehchan Patra”
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched ”Parivar Pehchan Patras” to enable the citizens to get the benefits of various central and state government schemes.
- At present, four schemes — Mukhya Mantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana (MMPSY), Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme, Divyang Jan Pension Scheme, and Widow and Destitute Women Pension scheme — have been integrated with ”Parivar Pehchan Patra” (PPP).
- Khattar distributed the ”Parivar Pehchan Patras” or family IDs to heads of 20 beneficiaries at an event in Panchkula.
- The state government has decided to celebrate the year 2020 as ”Susashan Sanakap Varsh”
- The state government is committed to provide good governance and has taken several e-governance initiatives including Meri Fasal Mera Byora Yojana, digitalisation of revenue records, Haryana Udhyam Memorandum (HUM) Portal and many more.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
Andhra Pradesh govt ties up with ISB to set up public policy lab
- The government of Andhra Pradesh, through the AP Economic Development Board, has entered into an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian School of Business (ISB) for policy guidance to spur growth in post pandemic with special focus on economic development and job creation.
- The MOU will nurture a think tank by setting up a Policy lab called the GoAP-ISB Policy Lab, a public policy laboratory to drive evidence-based policy decisions.
About Policy Lab
- It aims to create a Knowledge Bank for strategic planning, policy analysis, data analytics and action-research essential for sustaining high rates of growth and successful completion within the committed timelines with focus on investment flows, their efficacy in terms of value addition, employment generation and wealth creation.
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
K’taka Medical Education Minister inaugurates nation’s first ICMR approved mobile RTPCR Covid lab
- Nation’s first ICMR approved mobile RTPCR Covid lab developed by Indian Institute of Science in Bengaluru was inaugurated by Karnataka Medical Education Minister Dr.K Sudhakar.
- Packed with all the safety features, this unique lab is capable of producing accurate results within four hours. In a month the mobile lab can conduct 9000 tests. The lab can be utilised for testing H1N1,HCV,TB,HPV,HIV virus also.
- The mobile lab was handed over to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bengaluru. Called as Mobile Infection Testing and Reporting lab, MITR can be deployed in Corona hot spots quickly.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
CPCB developed biomedical waste tracking app ‘COVID19BWM APP’
- The Supreme Court has made it mandatory for all municipal corporations and state pollution control boards to use the ‘COVID19BWM APP’ for tracking biomedical waste daily.
- This is to ensure that the waste is collected, transported and sent to a registered common biomedical waste treatment facility.
- The directions came on July 30, 2020, on recommendations made in a report by Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority (EPCA).
- It had suggested that the application be made mandatory so that the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) can track biomedical waste and ensure it is sent for treatment.
- The CPCB had come up with the mobile application in May, following directions from the National Green Tribunal (NGT).
About Working of APP
- generator of waste (urban local body in the case of home care and hospital or laboratory)
- the picker of the waste (transport of the urbal local body or the waste treatment facility)
- and the waste treatment operator
Web portal for management of development works in Haryana’s urban local bodies
- Haryana minister Anil Vij launched a web portal to manage and monitor development works in all urban local bodies in the state.
- ”Works Management System” will be completely paperless, centralised and web-based. It will help in bringing the working of all the ULBs on a single platform.
- This web portal will enable transparency in works being carried out in ULBs and will also help in curbing corruption.
- The directions have been issued for carrying out the allotment of development works in all the municipal bodies and further completing the entire process online through this portal only.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Govt extends Ajay Tyagi’s term as Sebi chairman by 18 months till Feb 2022
- Government extended Ajay Tyagi’s term as Sebi chairman by 18 months till February 2022.
- This will come into effect from 1 September to 28 February, 2022.
- Tyagi was appointed chairman of the market regulator on 10 February, 2017, replacing U K Sinha, and took charge of the chairman office on 1 March, 2017.
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
President appoints Manoj Sinha as new Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- The President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Manoj Sinha as the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The President accepted the resignation of Girish Chandra Murmu as Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The 61-year-old Sinha was born on July 1, 1959 in Mohanpura of Ghazipur district of eastern UP and has been actively involved in working for the backward villages of eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- His political career started when he was elected the president of Banaras Hindu University Students Union in 1982. He was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time in 1996 and repeated the term in 1999.
- He was former Minister of State for Railways and later held an independent charge of Ministry of Communication.
Parekh Ashvin named as Independent Director at Nippon Life India AMC
- Nippon Life India Asset Management (NAM India), the Asset Manager of Nippon India Mutual Fund (NIMF), has named Parekh Ashvin, as its Independent Director on the Board of Directors of Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited for a tenure of 5 years.
- Parekh Ashvin holds over 40 years of rich experience in Business & Operational strategies in Banking, Insurance, Asset Management and Para-banking Institutions around Indian Subcontinent, US, Europe and Australia.
- He was earlier the Senior Partner at Ernst & Young prior to his retirement and was also appointed as the Chairman of the National Pension Scheme. He is a member of various Boards and before joining EY, he held senior positions at Deloitte, Arthur Anderson, Price Waterhouse Coopers, KPMG and Hindustan Unilever.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Reliance Industries ranked second biggest brand globally after Apple
- Billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries has been ranked second biggest brand after Apple on the FutureBrand Index 2020.
- FutureBrand, which is a global brand transformation company, stated part of Reliance’s success could be attributed to Mukesh Ambani’s recasting of the firm as a one-stop-shop for Indians.
- The FutureBrand Index is a global perception study that reorders PwC’s Global Top 100 Companies by Market Cap on perception strength rather than financial strength, it stated. While the FutureBrand Index 2020 has uncovered a number of seismic shifts in the way companies work and how they present themselves to the outside world, one key theme has stood out: individuality.
- The 2020 list is topped by Apple, while Samsung is ranked third, followed by Nvidia, Moutai, Nike, Microsoft, ASML, PayPal and Netflix. Reliance ranks 91st on PWC 2020 list, it stated.
- A slew of new entrants to our Index include ASML Holdings, PayPal, Danaher, Saudi Aramco, and American Tower Corporation. In total, there are 15 new entrants this year, seven of which make it into the top 20, including Reliance Industries slotting in at number two, it stated.
- The FutureBrand Index 2020 examines the world’s leading firms and determines how they have fared over the past year.
About Reliance Industries:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman & MD: Mukesh Ambani
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
US conducts test flight of unarmed Minuteman 3 missile
- An unarmed Minuteman 3 intercontinental ballistic missile was launched from California on a test flight to a target in the Pacific Ocean from Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- Missile’s three reentry vehicles travelled 4,200 miles (6,759 kilometers) to the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands as part of a developmental test.
New grasshopper species discovered after 116 years, named after kerala biologist
- A new species of pygmy grasshopper, discovered after 116 years by a group of foreign researchers in Sri Lanka, has been named after Indian orthopterist (one who studies grasshoppers) and conservation biologist Dhaneesh Bhaskar of Kerala.
- The new species, which was discovered by a group of Croatian and German researchers in Sinharaja rainforests of Sri Lanka, hails from Cladonotus genus and has been named as Cladonotus Bhaskari.
- The discovery is based on a single specimen of the species photographed in 2016 by Tom Kirschey in its natural rain forest habitat in Sri Lanka.
- The researchers then studied it and found it to be distinct from all the other discovered species of grasshoppers and then declared it as a new species in research journal Zootaxa in July this year.
Godrej Appliances launches Godrej Viroshield, UV-C tech based sanitisation device in Kerala
- Godrej Appliances has launched a UV-C technology-based disinfecting device Godrej Viroshield in the
- The product has been tested and certified by ICMR empanelled lab for its UVC Irradiance.
About Godrej Viroshield
- Godrej VIROSHIELD is a UV-C technology-based disinfecting device that kills more than 99% COVID 19 Virus in 2-6 minutes.
- It operates at ~254nm UV wavelength which is optimal for neutralizing COVID – 19, other viruses and bacteria.
- Godrej VIROSHIELD with UV surround technology uses 4 UV-C tubes & 6 Side Reflective Interiors, which is the highest in the market, for 360° exposure.
- It is well placed to disinfect anything – from grocery packs to leafy vegetables, mobile phones and masks to gold ornaments, headphones to car keys, toys to currency notes, wallets to spectacles, etc.
IISC Bengaluru develops mobile RT-PCR covid-19 testing lab
- Karnataka inaugurated a mobile RT-PCR covid- 19 testing lab which was the first in the country and would help ramp up testing in the state.
- The Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, has developed the MITR (Mobile Infection Testing and Reporting) lab, which is capable of conducting 9,000 tests per month.
- The mobile lab can also be utilized for molecular diagnostic testing and can be deployed in Corona hot spots quickly. Apart from Covid, the lab can be utilized for testing H1N1, HCV, TB, HPV, HIV etc.,
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
‘Amazing Ayodhya’: New book to tell history of Lord Rama’s birth place
- Publishing house Bloomsbury announced their latest book that will shed light on the history of Ayodhya. Titled “Amazing Ayodhya”, the book by Neena Rai promises to offer “authentic information about the city, which will not only help understand the life and times of ancient Hindus, but also the revered figures of Rama and Sita.
- The author compares Ayodhya with the cultures of other ancient civilisations so that the reader feels connected to the past and the content of the book appears contemporary.
Biography of India’s youngest Basketball captain Vishesh Bhriguvanshi to hit stands soon
- A new book on the inspirational story of Vishesh Bhriguvanshi, India’s youngest basketball team captain, will hit the stands on August 29, the National Sports Day, announced publishing house
- The book, titled “Vishesh: Code To Win”, narrates the mindset of a basketball player in a cricket-dominated nation and brings to light his strenuous journey of becoming the captain against all odds. It is written by sportswoman-turned-author Nirupama Yadav.
- The objective of the book is also to encourage the sports industry to focus more on developing games in India just like cricket so that the players get their due recognition.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Maharashtra Chief Minister Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar passes away at 88
- Senior Congressman and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar passed away. He was 88.
- He w as Chief Minister of Maharashtra, serving for less than a year between June1985 and March 1986 after controversial circumstances forced him to resign.
DAILY CA 5th AUG
- 24 states in the country get linked to ‘One Nation One Ration Card’
- India’s tourism ministry inaugurates Thenzawl Golf Resort project in Mizoram
- Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launches the Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel
- HRD minister releases 8-week alternative academic calendar for classes 6 to 8
- FAO claims new platform to help fight food loss, wastage
- National Bank of Bahrain selects Infosys Finacle for transformation of transaction banking business
- ADB to lend Thailand $1.5 billion to aid its coronavirus response
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Provides a Health Cushion to Customers for COVID-19 with New Services and Products
- Bandhan Bank holding firm sells 20.95% stake to meet RBI norms
- Indira Rasoi Yojana to start in Rajasthan from August 20
- J&K Lt Guv approves creation of Block Development Fund on pattern of Constituency Development Fund
- Ladakh celebrates first anniversary of becoming UT
- IIT Kanpur partners with MoD for using AI, ML to redress grievances
- Andhra Pradesh government signs MoUs for women’s empowerment
- Govt appoints 3 members of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
- Jaideep Bhatnagar takes over as Director General of AIR News
- CSIR announces Young Scientist Award 2020
- Nitish releases book “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” by Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary
- Union Ministers Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Smriti Irani launch the book ‘Swachh Bharat Kranti’
- SWR Installs ‘UV Bag Bath’ At Bengaluru Railway Station
- Indian Army begins process to grant Permanent Commission to eligible women officers
- Real Madrid legend Casillas announces retirement
- NSNIS Patiala and CSS-SRIHER, Chennai, launch courses in sports physiotherapy, sports nutrition
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju chairs 1st General Council meeting of Khelo India Scheme
- Senior CPI (M) leader Sunnam Rajaiah passes away of COVID-19
- Ebrahim Alkazi, credited for revolutionising theatre in India, passes away at 95
DAILY CA 6th AUG
- Hiroshima Day-6th august
- India contributes over $15 million to India-UN Development Partnership Fund
- NIDM in collaboration with IMD organises webinar series on “Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk Reduction
- India extends Line of Credit worth 18 million US dollars to Maldives for expansion of fishing facilities at MIFCO
- Reserve Bank of India keeps repo rate unchanged at 4 percent
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited partners Fiserv Technology for Digital Transformation
- PayU introduces payouts solutions to scale up financial operations for merchant
- NHB, NABARD get special liquidity facility of 5,000 crore each
- RBI to set up innovation hub
- RBI sets up panel under KV Kamath for one-time restructuring of loans
- Airtel Payments Bank partners Bharti AXA General Insurance to secure retailers and merchants
- Airtel, Amazon Web Services to help MSMEs, others adopt cloud solutions
- India’s first snow leopard conservation centre to come up in Uttarakhand
- Haryana CM Khattar launches ”Parivar Pehchan Patra”
- Andhra Pradesh govt ties up with ISB to set up public policy lab
- K’taka Medical Education Minister inaugurates nation’s first ICMR approved mobile RTPCR Covid lab
- CPCB developed biomedical waste tracking app ‘COVID19BWM APP’
- Web portal for management of development works in Haryana’s urban local bodies
- Govt extends Ajay Tyagi’s term as Sebi chairman by 18 months till Feb 2022
- President appoints Manoj Sinha as new Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- Parekh Ashvin named as Independent Director at Nippon Life India AMC
- Reliance Industries ranked second biggest brand globally after Apple
- US conducts test flight of unarmed Minuteman 3 missile
- New grasshopper species discovered after 116 years, named after kerala biologist
- Godrej Appliances launches Godrej Viroshield, UV-C tech based sanitisation device in Kerala
- IISC Bengaluru develops mobile RT-PCR covid-19 testing lab
- Amazing Ayodhya’: New book to tell history of Lord Rama’s birth place
- Biography of India’s youngest Basketball captain Vishesh Bhriguvanshi to hit stands soon
- Former Maharashtra Chief Minister Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar passes away at 88