This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Teachers’ Day
- World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers Day, is an international day held annually on 5 October.
- This year amid the COVID-19 crisis, the theme of World Teachers’ Day is – “Teachers: Leading in crisis, reimagining the future”.
World Habitat Day
- The United Nations designated the first Monday of October of every year as World Habitat Day to reflect on the state of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter. This year it falls on October 5th.
- 2020 Theme: Housing For All — A Better Urban Future.
- Wildlife Week is observed every year from 2 October to 8 October, there are some places in India that start celebrating it from 1 October onward.
- The week is celebrated under the Theme: RoaR (Roar and Revive) – Exploring Human-Animal Relationships.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Foreign Ministers of all four Quad countries- India, US, Japan, Australia to meet in Tokyo
- Foreign ministers of all four Quad countries will meet in the Japanese capital Tokyo.
- External Affairs Ministry said, Foreign Ministers will discuss the post-COVID-19 international order and the need for a coordinated response to the various challenges emerging from the pandemic.
- Four ministers will also discuss regional issues and collectively affirm the importance of maintaining a free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific.
- The foreign ministers of all four Quad countries – External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne, and Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi will be present for the face to face meeting, a first amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This is the second such Quad foreign ministers In 2019, all the foreign ministers of Quad countries met on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.
- On the sidelines of the meet, Mr Jaishankar will also have bilaterals with his Quad counterparts, including the US Secretary of State.
- It takes place even as India and the US are getting ready for 22 foreign and defence ministers meeting that will take place later this month.
India and Myanmar agree to operationalise Sittwe port in the first quarter of 2021
- India and Myanmar have agreed to work towards the operationalization of the Sittwe port in the Rakhine state in the first quarter of 2021.
- The announcement came through a press release issued by the Ministry of External Affairs after the conclusion of the two day long visit of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General M M Naravane and Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla to Myanmar on 4-5 October.
- During the visit COAS and Foreign Secretary called on the State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi and Commander in Chief of Defence Services Senior General Min Aung Hlaing among several other senior civilian and army officers.
- Both sides agreed to further strengthen their partnership in connectivity projects, capacity building, power and energy. They also agreed to deepen economic and trade ties, further facilitate people to people and cultural exchanges, and broad-base their defense exchanges across all the three services.
- India and Myanmar discussed the progress in the ongoing Indian-assisted infrastructure projects such as the Trilateral Highway and the Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project.
- India announced a grant of USD 2 million for the construction of the border haat bridge at Byanyu/Sarsichauk in Chin State that will provide increased economic connectivity between Mizoram and Myanmar.
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- President: Win Myint
- Currency: Burmese kyat
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Indian Bank’s Kisan credit card loan for TN fishermen
- Indian Bank has introduced a Kisan credit card loan scheme for fishermen in Tamil Nadu. Under this scheme, Kisan credit card loans of up to 2 lakh as working capital with low-interest rate will be provided, according to a statement.
- Fishermen can submit the application through the Department of Fisheries, along with details of the mechanised boat.
- The features of the scheme include the availability of revolving credit up to Rs.2 lakh, 7 per cent interest rate, interest subvention of 3 per cent for those who repay the loan within a period of one year. The loan can be renewed once in a year. There is no restriction on the number of credit and debit transactions.
- This loan will be provided under Mudra scheme. Borrowers will get Rupay Kisan Credit Card and beneficiaries can use the card to withdraw money from ATMs, BC (banking correspondent) points, and also make purchase through merchant POS.
Indian Bank launches its first Customer Acquisition & Processing Centre in Chennai
- Chennai-headquartered public sector lender Indian Bank opened its first centralised Customer Acquisition & Processing Centre (CAPC) in Chennai.
- Its branches in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry will be brought under CAPC before December 2020 and other branches across the country will be brought under the CAPCs in a phased manner, stated Executive Director of the Bank MK Bhattacharya, who inaugurated the CAPC, here.
- Over the next 30 days, 40 branches in Chennai will be brought under CAPC.
- He stated the account opening process at branch is a very critical, sensitive and time bound exercise. Regulators expect banks to have a consolidated view of customers and their transactions across businesses and jurisdictions.
- Capturing accurate data at the time of customer on-boarding is of crucial importance for reducing duplication of work, risk profiling of customers, data accuracy for MIS. The accounts opened with due diligence reduces the risk of non-compliance from the regulator’s point of view, he added.
About Indian Bank:
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Padmaja Chunduru
- Tagline: Your Own Bank, Banking That’s Twice As Good
BFSL, ICSI launch co-branded credit card for Company Secretaries
- BOB Financial Solutions Ltd (BFSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda (BoB), and the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), have launched an exclusive co-branded credit card for Company Secretaries (CS).
- The BoB-ICSI Diamond credit card will bring exclusive benefits and conveniences to Company Secretaries, who are influencers and opinion leaders in their own right, and are contributing in building a modern and Atmanirbhar (self-reliant) India, BFSL stated.
- The card will offer benefits and conveniences, including 12 free domestic lounge visits, 5X rewards on online spends and utility payments to activation, frequency and milestone-based rewards, and exclusive insurance benefits, it added.
- BFSL (formerly known as Bobcards Limited) is a Non-Banking Financial Company. It was established in 1994. The company’s primary business is credit cards and merchant acquiring.
About BOB Financial Solutions Ltd (BFSL):
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL, formerly known as BOBCARDS Ltd.) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda and a Non-Deposit Accepting Non–Banking Finance Company (NBFC). BFSL was established in the year 1994 to cater to the need of rapidly growing credit card industry in a focused manner.
About Institute of Company Secretaries of India:
- President: CS Ashish Garg
- CEO: CS Sutanu Sinha
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Reliance General partners SatSure Analytics for crop insurance business
- Reliance General Insurance stated it has partnered with SatSure for satellite-based crop monitoring and predictive analytics support to better risk management and improve efficiency of its crop insurance business operations.
- As part of the partnership, RGICL will supply extensive ground observation data and generate timely reports through SatSure Analytics’ SAGE platform, combining the analysis of Earth Observation data, the company stated.
- It will help address the key areas of crop health, soil moisture, crop sown area, crop yield estimation and crop loss estimation, the company added.
- The insurer stated it is in 4th year of successful execution of its crop insurance business and has always relied on technology to strengthen its capabilities. RGCIL is a 100 per cent subsidiary of Reliance Capital.
About Reliance General Insurance Co. Ltd:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- CEO: Rakesh Jain
- CFO: Hemant Jain
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Puducherry airport turns into AAI’s first 100% solar-powered airport
- Puducherry airport has develop into the Airports Authority of India‘s (AAI) first fully solar-powered airport within the nation with the commissioning of 500KWp ground-mounted solar energy plant at a value of Rs 2.8 crore.
- The solar energy plant, which has 1,540 extremely environment friendly polycrystalline photo voltaic PV panels, generates a mean 2,000 models of vitality per day.
- The AAI had already begun the transition to renewable vitality in southern regional airports with the set up of its first solar energy plant of 750-KWp capability at Kozhikode airport in 2016.
- Puducherry airport turned the primary “completely power-neutral” airport assembly its whole energy requirement by the solar energy plant.
- Capital: Puducherry
- Chief Minister: V Narayanasamy
- Governor: Kiran Bedi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Yudh Pradushan Ke Virudh: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launches anti-pollution campaign
- Chief minister Arvind Kejriwal announced a “Yuddh Pradushan Ke Virudh” (war against pollution) campaign, with a seven-point action plan ranging from measures to control dust and mitigate hot spots, to a mobile application for complaints to a “war room” for monitoring.
- Under the campaign “Yudh Pradushan ke Virudh”, separate plans have been prepared for each of the 13 pollution hotspots in the city
- The government is also preparing a “Green Delhi” mobile application.
- Chief minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Rajasthan govt launches month long mass awareness campaign on COVID-19
- The Government of Rajasthan has launched a month long mass awareness campaign on COVID 19. The campaign will run till 31 of October as part of the statewide mass movement against Corona. Ministers and legislators are organising programmes at different districts to create awareness about wearing masks and maintain social distancing.
- The state government has decided to distribute one crore masks to protect the public from COVID infection. Health Minister Dr. Raghu Sharma told that every person needs to be aware of this disease. He informed that the corona testing facility is available at 38 places in the state. Soon this facility will also be available in the remaining 11 districts of the state
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Capital: Jaipur
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
ISLRTC & NCERT to ink MoU to make education materials accessible for Deaf children
- A historic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will be signed between Indian Sign Language Research and Training Center (ISLRTC) and NCERT to make education materials accessible for Deaf children in their preferred format of communication.
- This MoU will be signed in the virtual presence of Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thawar Chand Gehlot and Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
- As part of this MoU, educational print materials including NCERT Textbooks, Teachers Handbook and other Supplementary materials and resources of Class I-XII of all subjects of both Hindi and English Medium will be converted into Indian Sign Language in Digital format.
- The signing of this MoU is seen as a historic step as availability of NCERT textbooks in Indian Sign Language will ensure that Deaf children can also now access educational resources in Indian Sign Language.
- This will also ensure educational standardization of Indian Sign Language as mandated in the New Education Policy, 2020.
About National Council of Educational Research and Training:
- Director: Hrushikesh Senapaty
- President: Ramesh Pokhriyal
- Headquarters: New Delhi
MoHUA enters into MoU with Swiggy to take street food vendors online under PM SVANIDHI scheme
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has entered into an MoU with Swiggy, one of the leading food delivery platforms, to onboard street food vendors on its e-commerce platform. The MoU aims at giving the street food vendors online access to thousands of consumers and help them grow their businesses. The arrangement has been facilitated under the Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNibhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme.
- The Ministry and Swiggy will run a pilot programme by on-boarding 250 vendors across five cities namely – Ahmedabad, Chennai, Delhi, Indore, and Varanasi. The street vendors will be helped with PAN and FSSAI registration, training on technology, menu digitization and pricing along with hygiene and packaging best practices. Upon the successful completion of the pilot programme, Urban Affairs Ministry and Swiggy plan to expand this initiative across the country in phases.
- In a first of its kind initiative, the Urban Affairs Ministry has coordinated with the key stakeholders including Municipal Corporations, FSSAI, Swiggy and GST officials to ensure that necessary pre-requisites are completed for this initiative.
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs and Civil Aviation: Hardeep Singh Puri
- Constituency: Amritsar
- Headquarters: Bangalore, India
- Sriharsha Majety (CEO)
- Vivek Sunder (COO)
- Rahul Bothra (CFO)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
SEBI Whole-Time Member Madhabi Buch gets 1-year extension in tenure
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the extension in the term of appointment of Madhabi Puri Buch, Whole-Time Member (WTM), Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), for a period of one year.
- This is the second time that Buch’s tenure has been extended.
- Buch is SEBI’s first woman WTM and the first from the private sector to be appointed a SEBI Board member.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
EC appoints Ex IRS officer Madhu Mahajan & B. R Balakrishnan as Special Expenditure Observers for Bihar Assembly Polls
- Election Commission has appointed Ex IRS officer Madhu Mahajan and B. R Balakrishnan as Special Expenditure Observers for General Election to Legislative Assembly of Bihar, 2020.
- In a statement, the commission said, Special Expenditure Observers in consultation with the Chief Electoral Officer of Bihar will be supervising and monitoring the work being done by the electoral machinery.
- They will ensure that stringent and effective enforcement action is undertaken based on intelligence inputs and complaints received through C-VIGIL, voter Helpline 1950 against all persons, entities trying to induce voters by distributing cash, liquor and freebies.
- Earlier, Madhu Mahajan was also appointed as Special Expenditure Observer for Tamil Nadu and Karnataka during Lok Sabha Election, 2019 and Maharashtra Assembly Election, 2019.
Govt nominates Ashima Goyal, Jayanth Verma, Shashank Bhide as new members of MPC
- The Government has reconstituted the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) by nominating three new members – Ashima Goyal, Jayanth R Verma and Shashank Bhide. With this, the Reserve Bank of India has announced that the next meeting of MPC will take place during October 7 to October 9.
- In a late development, the Government notified names of new members. MPC, set up in 2016, has six members with RBI Governor as the Chairman. Deputy Governor, RBI and one officer of the RBI are other two members.
- The Committee reviews policy interest rate, better known as Repo Rate (the rate at which banks borrow for a short period from the RBI). It had to postpone its meeting scheduled on September 30-October 2 as terms of the previous set of nominated members came to end and new members were not nominated.
- New members “shall hold office for a period of four years or until further order, whichever is earlier,” the notification stated.
About Monetary Policy Committee:
- The Monetary Policy Committee is responsible for fixing the benchmark interest rate in India. The meetings of the Monetary Policy Committee are held at least 4 times a year (specifically, at least once every quarter) and it publishes its decisions after each such meeting.
- The committee comprises six members – three officials of the Reserve Bank of India and three external members nominated by the Government of India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2020
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2020 was awarded jointly to Harvey J. Alter, Michael Houghton and Charles M. Rice “for the discovery of Hepatitis C virus.”
- This year’s Nobel Prize is awarded to three scientists who have made a decisive contribution to the fight against blood-borne hepatitis, a major global health problem that causes cirrhosis and liver cancer in people around the world.
- Harvey J. Alterwas born in New York.
- Michael Houghtonwas born in the United Kingdom.
- Charles M. Ricewas born in Sacramento, US.
AICC conferred Lifetime Achievement Award to Ratan Tata
- The Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) has awarded lifetime achievement award to famous businessman Ratan Tata.
- Tata made the Tata Group a $ 100 billion firm by 2011-12 and remains to be a extremely influential industrialist, donor and humanitarian.
HDFC Bank’s Ravi Santhanam in Forbes list of World’s Most Influential CMOs
- Ravi Santhanam, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), HDFC Bank has been recognized in the Forbes list of ‘The World’s Most Influential CMOs’.
- Ranked at Number 39, he is the only CMO of an Indian company to be featured in the illustrious list which includes marketing heads of Apple, BMW, Lego, Adobe, Microsoft, P&G among others.
- This is the eighth edition of this annual list released by Forbes with research partners Sprinklr and LinkedIn. This year, 427 global CMOs were eligible for consideration. It is generated using data from news reports, websites, and social networks to measure influence.
- Santhanam is a marketing leader who prioritizes personalized and relevant customer experience and believes that machine learning and data science are critical tools for marketers; he expressed so in a recent blog. And he led the Indian bank’s response to the coronavirus outbreak, launching the #HDFCBankSafetyGrid campaign to help people keep a safe distance in public. He also led the creation of the inspirational “Hum Haar Nahi Maanenge” music video about overcoming adversity, featuring Indian musical talent,” wrote Forbes in its editorial.
About HDFC Bank:
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Dr Jitendra Singh releasing Coffee Table Book titled ‘ Discovering the Heritage of Assam’, with foreword by Amitabh Bachchan and published by Penguin.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS DARPG, Dr Jitendra Singh released a Coffee Table Book on “Discovering the Heritage of Assam”, with foreword by Amitabh Bachchan and published by Penguin.
- The book by Padampani Bora, will help to understand the grand splendour and glory of the undiscovered facets of Assam.
- He is by profession an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS-2009 batch), but has over the years established himself as an accomplished author, specializing in the subjects reflecting diverse nuances of the North Eastern Region of India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
PM addresses international webinar on textile traditions organized by ICCR
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed an international webinar on textile traditions organized by ICCR.
- The Prime Minister lauded Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Uttar Pradesh Institute of Design for their efforts in bringing people from different countries to participate in the webinar on the theme “Weaving Relations: Textile Traditions.”
- This Program is organized in the context of Gandhi ji’s 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations.
- Founded: 9 April 1950, New Delhi
- President: Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
Nirmala Sitharaman to chair 42nd GST Council meeting
- Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman will chair the 42nd Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council meeting at 11 am.
- Minister of state (MoS) for finance Anurag Thakur and finance ministers of states and union territories (UTs) will also be present at the meeting.
- In the last meeting held on August 27, the GST Council presented two options to states regarding GST compensation including a special window in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to provide Rs 97,000 crores at a reasonable interest rate and that the entire GST compensation gap of Rs 2,35,000 crores this year can be met by them in consultation with RBI.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India conducts successful flight test of SMART
- DRDO conducted a successful flight test of the Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART) from Wheeler Island off the coast of
- This will be a major technology breakthrough for stand-off capability in anti-submarine warfare.
- SMART is a missile assisted release of lightweight Anti-Submarine Torpedo System for anti-submarine warfare (ASW) operations for far beyond torpedo range. This launch and demonstration are significant in establishing ASW capabilities.
- Chairman: Dr G Satheesh Reddy
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Sofia Vergara is Forbes’ highest-paid actress of 2020, with Rs 315 crore earnings
- Sofia Vergara is the highest-paid female actor in the world, according to Forbes’ latest list. She made $43 million in a one-year period, which is the equivalent of Rs 315 crore.
- Also included in the top 10 are Angelina Jolie ($35.5 million), Gal Gadot ($31 million), Melissa McCarthy (25 million), Meryl Streep ($24 million), Emily Blunt ($22.5 million), Nicole Kidman ($22 million), Ellen Pompeo ($19 million), Elisabeth Moss ($16 million) and Viola Davis ($15.5 million).
- Dwayne Johnson topped the male list, with $87.5 million. Akshay Kumar was the only Indian actor on either list.
Tamil Nadu tops in road accidents for third year
- With over 156 road accident cases per day, Tamil Nadu ranks first for the third year according to data from the
- Tamil Nadu recorded 57,228 road accidents in 2019, followed by Madhya Pradesh with 51,641 and Uttar Pradesh 37,537.
- With regards to deaths on National Highways, Tamil Nadu stood third with 3,921 cases, behind Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra. TN, meanwhile, recorded the highest number of cases on State Highways with 19,279.
- Out of the 86,241 deaths due to overspeeding in 2019, Tamil Nadu has 8,832 deaths after Karnataka with 9,314 deaths. Under the mega cities, Chennai holds the second place in road accident deaths with 1,252 after Delhi.
Tabu, Taapsee Pannu, Anushka Sharma top McAfee’s ‘Most Dangerous Celebrity’ list in India
- Bollywood stars Tabu, Taapsee Pannu, Anushka Sharma and Sonakshi Sinha are among the top 10 personalities generating the riskiest search results online in India, due to the malicious sites and viruses linked to their names, according to a list released by a cybersecurity company.
- But it was global football sensation Cristiano Ronaldo who claimed the numero uno spot on McAfee’s Most Dangerous Celebrity list 2020.
- On number two is Tabu, who recently starred in Mira Nair’s series adaptation of A Suitable Boy, followed by Thappad actor Pannu at three, actor-producer Sharma at four, and Sinha at five.
- The second half of the list is also ruled by the entertainment industry, with singer Armaan Malik in the sixth place, actor Sara Ali Khan coming seventh, soap star Divyanka Tripathi in eighth spot, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan in the ninth place and playback singer Arijit Singh in the tenth position.
- With only Ronaldo representing sports, the 14th edition of the McAfee’s Most Dangerous Celebrity list 2020 is dominated by the names from showbiz.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIM Kozhikode to launch e-learning hub for villagers
- The Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode will soon be launching an e-learning hub and library as a pilot project for villagers in Mavoor, one of the five villages adopted by the institute under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA).
- IIM Kozhikode is a partner institute for the UBA programme and has been actively playing a role in furthering the development agenda and fortifying institutional capacity and giving training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.
- Anubha Shekhar Sinha, Coordinator, UBA Cell, IIM Kozhikode stated that IIM Kozhikode has adopted five villages — Mavoor, Kuttikkattoor, Narikkuni, Puthur and Puthuppadi — of Kozhikode under the UBA initiative. The baseline socio-economic survey and focus group discussions are being carried out with the involvement of faculties and PGP students of IIMK, to prepare the Village Development Plan (VDP) for each village. The intervention activities will be brought in action based on the VDP, she stated.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Yashaswini Singh Deswal wins gold in online shooting meet
- Indian Olympic quota winner Yashaswini Singh Deswal won the 10m air pistol event in the 5th edition of the International Online Shooting Championship (IOSC).
- Yashaswini, who had won a gold at last year’s ISSF World Cup in Rio de Janeiro, shot the best qualification score of 577.
- She had previously won the gold in the fourth edition of IOSC held in May.
- The second place was grabbed by Ahmed Nabil of Egypt while his compatriot Yehya Shams took the third place.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Veteran BJD MLA Pradeep Maharathy passes away
- Former Odisha Minister and veteran Biju Janata Dal MLA Pradeep Maharathy passed away, after he tested positive for COVID-19. He was 66.
- He was elected to the Assembly from the Pipili constituency consecutively seven times from 1985 till last Assembly elections in 2019.
Jharkhand Minister Haji Hussain Ansari passes away at 73
- Jharkhand’s minority welfare minister Haji Hussain Ansari passed away after being diagnosed with COVID-19. He was 73.
- Mr Ansari was a four-time MLA from the Madhupur assembly segment in Deoghar.
DAILY CA 3rd to 5th OCT
- World Day For Farmed Animals- 2nd oct
- World Animal Day- 4th oct
- World Space Week- 4th to 10th oct
- Centre agrees to waive interest on interest during moratorium for individual, MSME loans up to Rs 2 crore
- Sunidhi’ project to digitise provident fund, pension services of CMPFO
- Jal Shakti Minister launches 100-day campaign to provide potable piped water in Schools and Anganwadi Centres
- India-Bangladesh Naval Forces To Hold Exercise Bongosagar In Bay Of Bengal
- Embassy of India in Nepal marks 56th Anniversary of ITEC Day-2020
- Govt keeps interest rates on small savings schemes unchanged for Oct-Dec quarter
- NABARD launches refinance scheme for WASH programme, earmarks Rs 800 cr for FY”21
- PNB launches financial inclusion initiative Gram Sampark Abhiyan
- Reliance Industries’ Retail Arm To Get Rs. 7,350 Crore Investment From GIC, TPG Capital
- West Bengal Launches Pathashree Abhijan Scheme
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal launches portal for online pension submission and tracking
- Telangana govt undertakes door-to-door survey to update non-agricultural property details through NAP app
- Punjab CM digitally launches construction of 750 rural stadiums
- CSC partners with HelpAge India to impart digital literacy to elderly citizens
- Alternate Nobel Prize 2020′: Belarus, Iran, US, Nicaragua Activists Awarded the Right Livelihood Award
- PM Modi to inaugurate artificial intelligence ‘RAISE 2020’ Summit
- DRDO Test Fires Laser-Guided Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- India successfully test-fires nuclear-payload capable Shaurya missile
- Indian Navy Helicopters Along With GVMC Undertake Aerial Seeding Initiative
- NASA launches SS Kalpana Chawla Cygnus spacecraft to International Space station
- US approves $90 million sale of spares, support for C-130J Super Hercules aircraft to India
- IIT Kharagpur Launches Telemedicine System iMediX for Corona Care
- ICMR, Biological E develop purified equine antiserum
- Bapu – The unforgettable: Delhi’s Deputy CM Manish Sisodia launches coffee-table book on Gandhi Jayanti
- Visnu Shivaraj Pandian wins gold in 10 meter air rifle event of International Online Shooting Championship
- Veteran activist, scholar Pushpa Bhave passes away
- Renowned cardiologist A V Shetty passes away at 85
DAILY CA 6th OCT
- World Teachers’ Day- 5th oct
- World Habitat Day- first Monday of oct
- Wildlife Week- 2nd to 8th oct
- Foreign Ministers of all four Quad countries- India, US, Japan, Australia to meet in Tokyo
- India and Myanmar agree to operationalise Sittwe port in the first quarter of 2021
- Indian Bank’s Kisan credit card loan for TN fishermen
- Indian Bank launches its first Customer Acquisition & Processing Centre in Chennai
- BFSL, ICSI launch co-branded credit card for Company Secretaries
- Reliance General partners SatSure Analytics for crop insurance business
- Puducherry airport turns into AAI’s first 100% solar-powered airport
- Yudh Pradushan Ke Virudh: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launches anti-pollution campaign
- Rajasthan govt launches month long mass awareness campaign on COVID-19
- ISLRTC & NCERT to ink MoU to make education materials accessible for Deaf children
- MoHUA enters into MoU with Swiggy to take street food vendors online under PM SVANIDHI scheme
- SEBI Whole-Time Member Madhabi Buch gets 1-year extension in tenure
- EC appoints Ex IRS officer Madhu Mahajan & B. R Balakrishnan as Special Expenditure Observers for Bihar Assembly Polls
- Govt nominates Ashima Goyal, Jayanth Verma, Shashank Bhide as new members of MPC
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2020
- AICC conferred Lifetime Achievement Award to Ratan Tata
- HDFC Bank’s Ravi Santhanam in Forbes list of World’s Most Influential CMOs
- Dr Jitendra Singh releasing Coffee Table Book titled ‘ Discovering the Heritage of Assam’, with foreword by Amitabh Bachchan and published by Penguin.
- PM addresses international webinar on textile traditions organized by ICCR
- Nirmala Sitharaman to chair 42nd GST Council meeting
- India conducts successful flight test of SMART
- Sofia Vergara is Forbes’ highest-paid actress of 2020, with Rs 315 crore earnings
- Tamil Nadu tops in road accidents for third year
- Tabu, Taapsee Pannu, Anushka Sharma top McAfee’s ‘Most Dangerous Celebrity’ list in India
- IIM Kozhikode to launch e-learning hub for villagers
- Yashaswini Singh Deswal wins gold in online shooting meet
- Veteran BJD MLA Pradeep Maharathy passes away
- Jharkhand Minister Haji Hussain Ansari passes away at 73