Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
NHRC sets up panel to assess Covid-19 impact on human rights
- The National Human Rights Commission has constituted an 11-member expert committee to study impact of Covid-19 on human rights and future response of the government.
- The expert panel would be headed by Dr K S Reddy, president of Public Health Foundation of India. The expert committee would assess the impact of Covid-19 on human rights of people, especially marginalised and vulnerable sections of the society, including migrant labourers.
- The expert panel would also suggest the future policy for the Centre and state governments. The committee has public health experts and members of civil society who have vast experience in social sector and human rights
- The expert panel would study in detail the migrant crisis that had unfolded at the beginning of pandemic from the public health perspective and how it was addressed by the states. Best practices being followed abroad and even in India would also be studied in detail and woven in policy recommendations to the government.
- NHRCwould also seek views of different ministries including health and family welfare, labour, women and child development, food and public distribution, agriculture, social justice and empowerment and tribal affairs. According to sources, NHRC would issue an advisory to the state governments and the Centre making the findings of the expert panel as the basis.
About National Human Rights Commission:
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Justice H. L. Dattu, Chairman
USAID, MNRE Announce New Partnership To Expand Clean Energy Development
- In a step toward increasing US-India collaboration for clean energy development, the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) have announced the launch of a partnership between the USAID-supported South Asia Group for Energy (SAGE) and MNRE’s national technical institutions.
- SAGE is a US government consortium that will provide advanced technical knowledge on clean energy development embedded in the US Department of Energy’s National Laboratories to MNRE’s National Technical Institutions and other public institutes under this new partnership.
- MNRE Secretary Indu Shekhar Chaturvedi and USAID Deputy Assistant Administrator for Asia Javier Piedra launched the partnership on the sidelines of the ongoing US-India Strategic Energy Partnership (SEP) meetings.
- SAGE will contribute significantly towards achieving the goals of US government’s Asia Enhancing Growth and Development through Energy (Asia EDGE) Initiative, a primary pillar of the US government’s Indo-Pacific vision in South Asia, and the US-India Strategic Energy Partnership.
- To maximise the impact of this partnership, the SAGE consortium in discussion with MNRE and its technical institutions, the National Institute of Wind Energy and the National Institute of Biomass Energy has identified several key topics.
- The SAGE is a consortium consisting of USAID, the US Department of Energy and three of the Department of Energy’s National Laboratories — Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, National Renewable Energy Laboratory and the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
About United States Agency for International Development:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
- Acting Administrator: John Barsa
About Ministry of New and Renewable Energy:
- Raj Kumar Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge)
- Constituency: Arrah
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
U.S. to formally withdraw from WHO in 2021
- The U.S. has sent a letter officially notifying the United Nations that it is leaving the World Health Organization, starting the formal process of withdrawal that President Trump first started in April when he halted funding to WHO.
- The Trump administration has notified Congress and the United Nations that the United States is formally withdrawing from the World Health Organization.
- The United States’ notice of withdrawal, effective July 6, 2021, has been submitted to the UN Secretary-General, as per sources.
- The spokesperson for Secretary-General António Guterres stated he had received the notice and “is in the process of verifying with the World Health Organization whether all the conditions for such withdrawal are met.” Those conditions “include giving a one-year notice and fully meeting the payment of assessed financial obligations.”
- President Donald Trump stated he was halting funding to the organisation in mid-April and announced his intention to withdraw from the WHO in May.
- Trump consistently accused the organization of aiding China in allegedly covering up the origins of the virus and allowing its spread.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Director-General: Tedros Adhanom
India funded new school infrastructure inaugurated in Nepal
- A new four-storey school building built with Indian assistance of Rs 1.94 crore for students pursuing both vedic and modern education was inaugurated in Nepal’s Ilam district, according to the Indian embassy.
- The new building of Shri Saptmai Gurukul Sanskrit Vidyalaya, which was setup in 2009 and has unique qualification of imparting vedic as well as modern education including Sanskrit, was inaugurated through video conferencing that was attended by Nepalese officials, school management committee and members of the Indian Embassy, a statement issued by the Indian mission here stated.
- The new school building was built at a cost of Nepali Rupees 13 million (INR 1.94 crore).
- The new school infrastructure has ten class rooms, hostel block with nine dormitories for residential students, four study rooms, warden office, one living room and one conference hall, the statement stated.
- India has provided financial assistance to Nepal for the construction of several such schools with an aim to upgrade the education for the Nepalese students, especially after most of the educational infrastructures suffered damage in the massive 2015 earthquake, killing 9,000 people in various parts of the Himalayan nation.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
AIIB extends $50 mn loan to L&T Infra Finance for Renewable Energy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has released $50 million in the first tranche of assistance to L&T Infrastructure Finance Ltd for funding Renewable Energy projects in the country.
- The Bejing-based a multilateral development bank, which invests in sustainable infrastructure, has sanctioned total $100 million loan to unit of L&T Finance Holdings. This is AIIB’s first loan to a non-banking financial company (NBFC) in India.
- The loan proceeds will be used to on-lend to large and mid-scale wind and solar power infrastructure projects in India.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- CEO: Jin Liqun
About L&T Infrastructure Finance Ltd
- CEO: Dinanath Dubhashi
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund launches voice-based services via Google Assistant
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund (ABSLMF) has launched voice-based services for its investors with Google Assistant.
- Thevoice assistant acts as a 24X7 interface for investors to interact with the fund house, to address their various service requests such as portfolio valuations, account statement, capital gains statement etc.
- The Google voice assistant uses the latest in AI and NLP to provide a simple conversational experienceand provide the relevant solution. The fund house also has plans to be soon available on other voice assistant platforms such as Amazon’s Alexa and Apple’s Siri.
About Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund (ABSLMF)
- Established in 1994, Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund (ABSLMF), is co-sponsored by Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL) and Sun Life (India) AMC Investments Inc.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Mr. A. Balasubramanian
Fino Payments Bank launches ‘Bhavishya’ savings account for minors
- Fino Payments Bank Limited announced the launch of a savings account scheme for minors aged between 10-18 years.
- Bhavishya’, a subscription-based savings account, can be opened by paying a nominal amount.
- The bank will initially introduce the Bhavishya savings account in UP, Bihar, and MP and gradually in other states.
- The Bhavishya savings account can be used to get benefits of various government schemes for children such as scholarship and DBT (direct benefit transfer) subsidy amount.
- Benefits of Bhavishya savings account includes, no minimum account balance requirement and a free debit card, which can be used at ATMs only to withdraw cash with Aadhaar authentication.
- For security reasons minor should have a mobile number that is different from the parent’s number.
- Further, on attaining 18 years of age, the Bhavishya savings account will be upgraded to regular savings account on submission of Re-KYC with updated information.
About Fino Payments Bank Limited
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Rishi Gupta
World Bank to provide 400 million dollars to enhance support for rejuvenating River Ganga
- Government has stated that World Bank will provide 400 million dollars to enhance support for rejuvenating the Ganga. Finance Ministry stated, the World Bank and the Government signed a loan agreement in this regard. The Second National Ganga River Basin Project will help stem pollution in the iconic river and strengthen the management of the river basin which is home to more than 500 million people.
- The 400 million dollar operation comprises a loan of 381 million dollar and a proposed Guarantee of up to 19 million dollar. The agreement for the loan was signed by Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs and Qaiser Khan, Acting Country Director (India), on behalf of the World Bank.
- The new project will extend the Government and World Bank’s engagement in this critical national programme to make the Ganga a clean, healthy river. The World Bank has been supporting the government’s efforts since 2011 through the ongoing National Ganga River Basin Project.
About World Bank:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C,U.S
- President: David Malpass
Karur Vysya Bank in corporate agency pact with Bajaj Allianz Life
- Karur Vysya Bank, an old private sector bank, has signed up a corporate agency partnership with Bajaj Allianz Life to offer life insurance solutions to its customers.
- Under the deal, KVB will provide Bajaj Allianz Life’s life insurance solutions to its customers, while the insurance company will empower the Bank’s customers to avail the living benefits of life insurance, according to a statement.
- Bajaj Allianz’s products will be available at the Bank’s 780 branch offices spread across India.
- Our partnership will help in making value-packed and affordable life insurance solutions accessible to a large number of people, Tarun Chugh, MD & CEO, Bajaj Allianz Life stated.
- Under this partnership, all retail and group products of Bajaj Allianz Life will be made available to the Bank’s customers, including savings, retirement, investment, protection and critical illness life insurance products.
About Bajaj Allianz Life insurance:
- CEO: Tarun Chugh
- Headquarters: Pune
About Karur Vysya Bank:
- Headquarters: Karur, Tamil Nadu
- CEO: P. R. Seshadri
YES Bank launches instant loan disbursement facility
- Private sector lender YES Bank has launched a solution for instant disbursement of retail loans for the bank’s pre-approved liability account holders.
- Called Loan in Seconds, the algorithm assesses a loan application in real-time and eliminates the need for documentation.
- Eligible customers under ‘Loan in Seconds’ will receive communication from the bank with the link to apply for the loan. All that a customer needs to do is verify and accept the final offer, the lender stated.
About Yes Bank:
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Maruti Suzuki Partners With Axis Bank For Easy Car Loan Schemes
- India’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. has collaborated with private lender Axis Bank Ltd. to offer easy vehicle financing for car buyers.
- Under the partnership, Axis Bank will offer a variety of options to customers, including 100 per cent on-road funding for salaried customers for eight years, step-up EMI scheme starting at Rs 1,250 per lakh and balloon EMI scheme with final EMI being 25 per cent of loan amount.
- Customers can also choose low equated monthly installment (EMI) scheme for first three months starting with Rs 899.
About Axis Bank
- CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
- Headquarters: Mumbai
NSDC and Microsoft collaborate to train over 1 lakh youths
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership that aims to impart digital skills to more than one lakh youths in India by next year.
- Microsoft will collaborate with NSDC’s eSkill India portal to provide free access to learning resources. The tech giant will also conduct digital skilling awareness drives, equipping the next generation of learners with the skills they need to thrive in a digital economy.
- As part of the partnership, Microsoft’s learning resource center, Microsoft Learn, will be integrated with the eSkill India digital platform to provide access to personalised learning paths and resources that are in-demand in today’s economy.
- The learning paths will cover a broad range of skills, from entry-level digital literacy to advanced product-based skilling in critical technologies. This includes AI and cloud computing, providing numerous opportunities for people to reskill and upskill, placing roles that are in-demand within reach of job seekers.
- The partnership with NSDC is an extension of Microsoft’s global skilling initiative to help 25 million people worldwide acquire new digital skills needed for the Covid economy.
- The integration of Microsoft Learn on the eSkill India platform will provide learners with customised content and resources, accessible anytime, anywhere.
- eSkill India and Microsoft will co-host e-skilling events, webinars, and virtual sessions across the country to support students, training partners, and higher-education trainees enrolled under NSDC’s skill training programs.
About National Skill Development Corporation:
- CEO: Manish Kumar
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Headquarters: Washington, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Assam’s Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary to get national park status
- The state government has decided to upgrade the Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary into a national park.
- The national park status will guarantee better management and protection of the flora and fauna of Dehing Patkai which forms the largest stretch of lowland rainforest in the country. The flow of more funds is expected to boost its infrastructure.
- A section of conservationists and lawyers had fought a long battle demanding its upgradation into a national park.
- Last month, the National Board of Wildlife’s move to grant coal mining at an elephant reserve near the sanctuary had triggered a row.
- Dehing Patkai will be the 6th national park in Assam. The other five are Kaziranga, Nameri, Manas, Orang and Dibru-Saikhowa.
- Chief Minister (CM): Sarbananda Sonowa
- Capital: Dispur
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
Himachal first state with LPG gas connections in 100 percent households
- Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country where 100 percent households have LPG connections.
- Under the central government’s ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana’, gas connections were provided free of cost to women of rural areas, he said, adding that 1.36 lakh families of the state were benefited under the scheme.
- The state government had launched ‘Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojana’ to cover the left out families in the state, who were not covered under the Centre’s scheme.
- Capitals: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Chief minister: Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
Delhi govt decides to provide free ration to PDS cardholders till November 2020
- Delhi Government has decided to provide free ration to Public Distribution System (PDS) cardholders till November 2020.
- Delhi government stated that distribution of food grains for July is scheduled to start in a phased manner. It stated, the government will continue to provide foodgrains free of cost to the National Food Security (NFS) beneficiaries in Delhi to mitigate the economic hardship caused by the COVID19 pandemic.
- Now it will be providing PDS ration to NFS beneficiaries for the next 5 months from July to November, free of cost. In Delhi, more than 17.54 lakh households get ration under public distribution system covered by the National Food Security Act.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal, IAS
MoU signed between National Medicinal Plants Board and ICAR-National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources
- National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) under Ministry of AYUSH and ICAR-National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR) under Department of Agricultural Research and Education have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- The purpose of this MoU to conserve the Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Genetic Resources (MAPGRs) at designated space of ICAR-NBPGR in long-term storage module (as per availability) in the National Gene bank and or at Regional Station for medium term storage module and acquire hands-on training on plant germplasm conservation techniques to the working group of NMPB.
- Both NMPB and ICAR-NBPGR are committed to serve the National interests through conservation of germplasm on long-term basis, safely and cost-effectively for present and future generations to ensure the social and economic security.
- The authorized institute NMPB and the ICAR-NBPGR on behalf of the ICAR would develop detailed modalities for seed storage of MAPGRs and submit periodic progress report to their respective organizations.
- Medicinal Plants are regarded as rich resources of traditional medicines and are being used for thousands of years in the health care system. India has rich diversity of medicinal Plants (MPs) resources. The natural resources are gradually getting depleted due to various developmental activities in its habitat.
- There is a need to conserve these natural resources and make sustainable utilization of them. The conservation of plant genetic resources is an integral part of biodiversity conservation.
- The purpose of conservation is to make sustainable development by protecting and using natural resources in ways that do not diminish the variety of genes and species or destroy important habitats and ecosystems.
About Ministry of AYUSH:
- Shripad Naik: Minister of State (Independent charge)
- Constituency : North Goa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITION AND MERGERS
Paytm, CEO Sharma to acquire general insurer Raheja QBE for Rs 568 crore
- Paytm and the firm’s Chief Executive Vijay Shekhar Sharma (pictured) will acquire Raheja QBE General Insurance for nearly Rs 568 crore to expand the digital payments company’s financial services.
- According to regulatory filings made by Prism Johnson, Raheja QBE would be sold “to QorQl, a tech company with majority shareholding of Vijay Shekhar Sharma and remaining held by Paytm (owned by One97 Communications), for an aggregate consideration of Rs 289.68 crore”.
- Paytm will acquire Prism Johnson’s 51 per cent and QBE Australia’s 49 per cent stake in Raheja QBE to become 100 per cent owner. The acquisition is expected to close by March 31 next year, subject to approvals from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India and other regulators.
- CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Headquarters: Noida
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
NCLAT chairperson Justice Bhat gets three-month extension
- The government extended the term of office of Justice Bansi Lal Bhat who is officiating as the chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT).
- The government had in March appointed Justice Bhat as the acting chairperson for three months when the then chairperson Justice S.J. Mukhopadhaya completed his term.
- The extension is from 15 June for three months or till further orders. Justice Bhat is also holding the post of Member (Judicial) at the appellate tribunal.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
IOC receives Green Building Leadership Award
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that its new headquarters in Lausanne has been awarded the European 2020 US Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership Award.
- Olympic House, which also holds the rigorous LEED Platinum certification, is one of the most sustainable buildings in the world, IOC stated.
- The award, announced by the USGBC, recognises “those advancing the development of sustainable, healthy and resilient buildings, cities and communities in regions around the world”. It has been given to five organisations that are “a model for how LEED can be used to improve communities, support human health and well-being, and contribute to a more sustainable future for all”.
- Inaugurated on June 23 last year, the Olympic House embodies the IOC’s strong commitment to sustainability. It incorporates rigorous criteria in energy and water efficiency while optimising the health and well-being of its users.
- Moreover, the building is powered by renewable energy, part of which is produced on-site. Ninety-five percent of Olympic House construction waste was recycled, and more than 95 percent of the former IOC building was recycled or reused.
- Carbon emissions from the building’s construction and operations have been compensated through the IOC-Dow carbon partnership.
- One year after its inauguration, Olympic House is delivering impressive results in terms of its operations, having cut energy consumption and non-recyclable office waste by half compared to the former IOC building.
- In addition to receiving the highest number of points of any LEED v4-certified new construction project to date, the Olympic House is the first international headquarters – and the second building overall – to obtain the highest (Platinum) level of the Swiss Sustainable Construction Standard (SNBS)
About International Olympic Committee:
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Thomas Bach
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India ranks 34th in Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2020 by JLL
- India ranks 34th globally on the index, with higher levels of transparency due to regulatory reforms, enhanced market data, and sustainability initiatives.
- Jones Lang LaSalle’s (JLL) biennial Global Real Estate Transparency Index (GRETI) stated that the improvement is led by the progress in the country’s Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) framework attracting greater interest from institutional investors.
- Theindex ranks 99 countries and territories and 163 cities globally.
- The rankings have six Asia Pacific markets – Mainland China (32nd), Thailand (33rd), India (34th), Indonesia (40th), Philippines (44th) and Vietnam (56th) – among the top 10 biggest improvers globally.
- India’s rank has improved by five notches from 39 to 34 since the last six years from 2014 until 2020.
- The list is topped by UK and US secured second position.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
China Masters and Dutch Open 2020 cancelled by BWF due to coronavirus
- The China Masters 2020 and Dutch Open 2020 have been cancelled by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) due to coronavirus.
- Two BWF Tour Super 100 tournaments have been cancelled from the revamped BWF Tournament Calendar for the year – the Lingshui China Masters 2020 and YONEX Dutch Open 2020.
- The Dutch Open was slated to take place from October 6 to October 11 in Almere, Netherlands.
- The Lingshui China Masters 2020 was rescheduled twice previously from its original slot at the start of the year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President: Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen
AIBA releases rankings in nearly two years, Amit Panghal trumps Olympic champion Zoirov to become World No.1
- Amit Phangal has been ranked no.1 in the men’s 52kg weight category as per the latest rankings released by the Amateur Indian Boxing Association (AIBA). Manju Rani was the highest-ranked women’s boxer, securing the second spot in the 48kg category, while Mary Kom was placed third in her category.
- It was back in 2019 that the AIBA last released its rankings, when Mary Kom was at the top of the charts in the 48kg category, following her sixth world championship triumph in New Delhi. As per the latest rankings, Amit Phangal is the top-ranked pugilist in the 52kg category, while Manju Rani secured the second spot in the women’s 48kg category. Mary Kom was placed at the third spot in her 51kg category, while Lovlina Borgohain held a similar position in the 69kg weight class.
- Asian silver-medallist Kavinder Bisht was placed at the fourth position in the 56 kg category, while Deepak earned the sixth position in the 49kg slot. Manish Kaushik, 2018 Commonwealth Games Gold medallist also cemented a top-10 position, having secured the sixth spot in the 63kg category.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Gafur Rakhimov
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Vasudeva Maiya, former CEO of Guru Raghavendra Bank passes away
- Vasudeva Maiya, former CEO of Sri Guru Raghavendra Co-operative Bank passed away.
- He found dead in his car in Bengaluru.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had in January imposed restrictions on Sri Guru Raghavendra Co-operative Bank and limited withdrawals to Rs 35,000 by customers.
On June 18, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) raided five offices of Sri Guru Raghavendra Co-operative Bank, in relation to alleged misappropriation of Rs 1,400 crore.
Goa’s former health minister Dr Suresh Amonkar passes away
- Former health minister of Goa, Dr Suresh Amonkar, passed away due to Covid-19 infection.
- Dr Amonkar was also the ex-president of the Goa unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- He was a two-term MLA, being elected to the Goa Assembly in 1999 and 2002, as well as served as minister in the first Manohar Parrikar cabinet in 2000 as a minister of health.
Charlie Daniels: Country and southern rock legend passes away
- Country Music Hall of Fame musician Charlie Daniels passed away at the age of 83.
- The Devil Went Down to Georgia, is an American classic and won his only Grammy Award in 1979.
- He was best known for his fiddle playing, as well as his outspoken brand of conservative patriotism.
- He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2016.
DAILY CA 7th JUL
- World Chocolate Day- 7th jul
- Indian Railways to transform itself as ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission Mass Transportation Network by 2030
- Kolkata Port Starts new Shipping service from Kolkata to Bangladesh’s Chittagong port
- Indian Coast Guard & Indonesia Coast Guard sign MoU to boost maritime relations
- World food price index rises in June, first increase in 2020: UN
- Karur Vysya Bank partners with Star Health Insurance
- SBM Bank India partners with Mastercard to facilitate cross-border transactions, remittances
- GoI, World Bank ink 750 million US dollar agreement for MSME Emergency Response Programme
- IndiaFirst Life to Offer Exclusive COVID-19 and Hospital Cash Cover to Bank of Baroda Credit Cardholders
- Ola in pact with PhonePe for digital payments on ride-hailing app
- Deutsche Bank, Google in multi-year partnership for cloud services
- Bihar govt to provide food grains under mid day meal scheme
- PM Modi to unveil Asia’s largest solar plant in MP
- Delhi Government launches LEAD portal to make online learning easy
- UT Ladakh Admn launches Ladakh Food Security Scheme
- India’s Vice President launches social media super app ‘Elyments’
- Injeti Srinivas appointed chairman of IFSCA
- Luxury Ride signs Sukhbir Singh as brand ambassador
- Sijo Kuruvilla George appointed to Centre’s committee on science and tech policy
- Elton John becomes second artist to be honoured with commemorative coin by Royal Mint
- IIT-M develops nano-coated filter for COVID warriors
- DRDO to set up research cell at IIT-Hyderabad
- Israel conducts surprise launch with Ofek 16 satellite
- BDL signs licence agreement with DRDO for Akash Missile Weapon System
- His Holiness The Fourteenth Dalai Lama: An Illustrated Biography by Tenzin Geyche Tethong
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson becomes Instagram’s highest-paid celebrity
- India among top 5 nations in e-waste generation: Report
- Tamil Nadu’s G Akash becomes India’s 66th chess Grandmaster
- Valtteri Bottas wins F1 Austrian Grand Prix after Hamilton suffers penalty
- Nick Cordero, Broadway actor who battled COVID-19 passes away
- Oscar-winning Italian film composer Ennio Morricone passes away
DAILY CA 8th JUL
- NHRC sets up panel to assess Covid-19 impact on human rights
- USTATED, MNRE Announce New Partnership To Expand Clean Energy Development
- S. to formally withdraw from WHO in 2021
- India funded new school infrastructure inaugurated in Nepal
- AIIB extends $50 mn loan to L&T Infra Finance for Renewable Energy
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund launches voice-based services via Google Assistant
- Fino Payments Bank launches ‘Bhavishya’ savings account for minors
- World Bank to provide 400 million dollars to enhance support for rejuvenating River Ganga
- Karur Vysya Bank in corporate agency pact with Bajaj Allianz Life
- YES Bank launches instant loan disbursement facility
- Maruti Suzuki Partners With Axis Bank For Easy Car Loan Schemes
- NSDC and Microsoft collaborate to train over 1 lakh youths
- Assam’s Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary to get national park status
- Himachal first state with LPG gas connections in 100 percent households
- Delhi govt decides to provide free ration to PDS cardholders till November 2020
- MoU signed between National Medicinal Plants Board and ICAR-National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources
- Paytm, CEO Sharma to acquire general insurer Raheja QBE for Rs 568 crore
- NCLAT chairperson Justice Bhat gets three-month extension
- IOC receives Green Building Leadership Award
- India ranks 34th in Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2020 by JLL
- China Masters and Dutch Open 2020 cancelled by BWF due to coronavirus
- AIBA releases rankings in nearly two years, Amit Panghal trumps Olympic champion Zoirov to become World No.1
- Vasudeva Maiya, former CEO of Guru Raghavendra Bank passes away
- Goa’s former health minister Dr Suresh Amonkar passes away
- Charlie Daniels: Country and southern rock legend passes away