This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Ganga River Dolphin Day
- India celebratesOctober 5 every year as the ‘Ganga River Dolphin Day’
- As this day Ganga Dolphins were declared national aquatic animals in
Indian Air Force celebrates its 88th Anniversary
- The Indian Air Force was officially established on 8 October Its first ac flight came into being on April 1 1933. It possessed a strength of six RAF-trained officers and 19 Havai Sepoys (literally, air soldiers). The aircraft inventory comprised of four Westland Wapiti IIA army co-operation biplanes at Drigh Road as the “A” Flight nucleus of the planned No.1 (Army Co- operation) Squadron, IAF stated
- Air Force Day 2020 celebration has begun at 8 am at Air Force Station Hindan. The air display will commence with flag bearing skydivers of the famous AKASH GANGA Team dropping out of an AN-32 aircraft in their colourful canopies. The flypast would include the vintage aircraft, modern transport aircraft and frontline fighter aircraft. The ceremony will conclude at 1052 hours with a spellbinding aerobatic display
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Govt launches online startup discovery platform ‘Startup India Showcase’
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) launched an online discovery platform for startups called “Startup India Showcase”.
- The website will feature startups handpicked by experts that have gone through multiple rounds of screening and evaluation.
- The website will also feature companies that have won national competitions, are successful sellers on the Government e-Marketplace portal, are solving critical problems, and have shown exceptional innovation in their sectors.
- The website will include startups from across sectors such as fintech, enterprise tech, social impact, healthtech, and edtech, among others.
- Founded: 1995
- Parent organization: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- MoC&I: Piyush Goyal
Union Cabinet approves signing of Memorandum of cooperation in field of cyber-security between India & Japan
- The cabinet also gave its approval for signing a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) in the field of cyber-security between India and Japan.
- The MoC will enhance cooperation in areas of mutual interest, which includes capacity building in the area of cyberspace, protection of critical infrastructure, cooperation in emerging technologies, sharing information on cyber security threats and malicious cyber activities. Another MoU was signed between Zoological Survey of India and its Canadian Counterpart on bar coding of faunal Genomes.
- The Cabinet also approved the ratification of seven chemicals listed under Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs). The Stockholm Convention is a global treaty to protect human health and environment from POPs, which are identified chemical substances that persist in the environment, bio-accumulate in living organisms, adversely affect human health and have the property of long-range environmental transport
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- Prime minister: Yoshihide Suga
PM Modi launches ‘ Jan Andolan’ campaign for COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a campaign by way of a Tweet on Jan Andolan for COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour. The campaign has been launched in view of the upcoming festivals and winter season as well as the opening up of the economy.
- In a tweet, Mr Modi appealed to the people to unite to fight Corona. He urged the people to always remember to wear a mask, wash hands, follow social distancing and practice ‘Do Gaz Ki Doori.’ He stated, together, we will succeed and win against COVID-19.
- The Prime Minister stated, India’s COVID-19 fight is people driven and gets great strength from our COVID warriors. He stated, our collective efforts have helped saved many lives. Mr Modi stated, we have to continue the momentum and protect our citizens from the virus.
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
Smriti Irani launches first ever Brand & Logo for Indian Cotton on 2nd World Cotton Day
- Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani launched the first ever Brand and Logo for Indian Cotton on Second World Cotton Day through video conferencing
- Now India’s premium cotton would be known as ‘Kasturi Cotton’ in the world cotton trade. The Kasturi Cotton brand will represent Whiteness, Brightness, Softness, Purity, Luster, Uniqueness and Indianness.
- The Minister recounted the importance of cotton in Indian economy. She stated, cotton is one of the principal commercial crops of the country and it provides livelihood to about six million cotton farmers. She stated, India is the second largest cotton producer and the largest consumer of cotton in the world.
- It produces about six million tonnes of cotton every year which is about 23 per cent of the world cotton. She stated, India produces about 51 per cent of the total organic cotton production of the world, which demonstrates India’s effort towards sustainability.
- Ms Irani also stated that Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) made ever highest Minimum Support Price (MSP) operation of cotton. She hoped that during the new cotton season, the procurement under MSP will be increased. She stated, CCI has opened 430 procurement centres in all cotton growing states and payments are being made digitally to farmers’ account within 72 hours.
About Ministry of Textiles:
- Smriti Zubin Irani, Minister of Textiles
- Constituency: Amethi
NITI Aayog, MNRE and Invest India hold symposium on solar PV manufacturing
- NITI Aayog, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), and Invest India organized a symposium on solar PV manufacturing, “India PV Edge-2020“, on 6 October to inform the global PV industry of opportunities in India.
- In addition to the vision of 450 GW installed renewables capacity by 2030, India has a plan not only for grid-connected solar and renewables but also an ambitious vision for mobility, followed by electricity-based cooking. As a result of the government’s measures to achieve Aatmanirbhar Bharat, already EoIs for 20 GW of the module and cell manufacturing have been issued. India will continue to be the fastest and largest-growing market for investment in renewables.”
- Around 60 prominent Indian and global CEOs attended the event, along with a number of global PV manufacturers, developers, investors, think tanks, and top policymakers. An investor’s roundtable was also organized after the pitching sessions to deliberate on ways to mobilize affordable capital into solar manufacturing.
- India now has the third-largest solar installed capacity in the world. It is one of the few countries on track to meet its three key NDC targets – achieve 40% non-fossil-fuel-based installed power capacity, reduce 33%–35% emissions, and create a carbon sink of 2.5 to 3 billion tons of carbon dioxide – by 2030. India is likely to achieve these goals much earlier.
About Niti Aayog:
- Headquarters:New Delhi
- Narendra Modi, (Chairperson)
- Rajiv Kumar, (Vice Chairperson)
- Amitabh Kant, (CEO)
About Ministry of New and Renewable Energy:
- Raj Kumar Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge)
- Constituency: Arrah
- Indu Shekhar Chaturvedi, IAS, Secretary
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
HDFC Bank partners with Apollo Hospitals for holistic healthcare solution
- HDFC Bank and Apollo Hospitals have joined hands to launch The HealthyLife Programme, a holistic healthcare solution which makes healthy living accessible and affordable on Apollo’s digital platform, Apollo 24|7.
- Through which its customers can avail unsecured loans of up to Rs 40 lakh to pay for medical expenses incurred at the healthcare chain.
- The loans will be disbursed almost instantly as and when a need for money arises, and the hospital patients who are customers of HDFC Bank will also receive preferential treatment.
About HDFC Bank
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Interest subvention on MSME loans extended till end of March 2021: RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India has stated that the two per cent interest subvention scheme for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) on loans offered by co-operative banks has been extended till 31st of March next year.
- RBI has further informed that the scheme, initially announced for just two years, has been extended for the financial year 2020-21. RBI stated that the coverage of the scheme is limited to all term loans and working capital to the extent of 100 lakh rupees, adding that the requirement of Udyog Aadhaar Number may be dispensed with for units eligible for GST.
- RBI has also asked co-operative banks to take appropriate action as envisaged in the operational guidelines and issue necessary instructions to their branches or controlling offices for successful implementation of the scheme.
Chqbook launches India’s first ‘Financial Control Center’ on mobile to empower 60 million small business owners
- Chqbook, India’s first Neobank for small business owners like kiranas, merchants, chemists, and others running proprietorships, announced the launch of its new mobile platform. With this launch, Chqbook brings world-class financial services to a massive underserved segment.
- Chqbook’s launch is the first in India to offer the power of a financial control centre in the hands of the busy 60 million small business owners, as they emerge from the effects of the pandemic. It brings together banking, lending, khata, insurance, and rewards.
- Positioned as the ‘Financial Control Center’ for India’s 60 million small business owners, Chqbook’s mobile app will place the power of managing day-to-day financial requirements as well as access to other financial products in their hands and on-demand, helping to save valuable time, effort, and money as they grow their business.
- These small business owners will be able to use the Chqbook current account for daily transactions, apply for short-term and long-term business loans, secure their business, life, and health while benefiting from its unique, free bookkeeping service – Chqbook Khata; which manages suppliers and orders with ease, all in one place. Transactions across these services are powered by an industry-first rewards system specially designed for small business owners.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority invests Rs 5,512.5 crore in Reliance Retail for 1.2 % stake
- Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd, run by India’s richest man Mukesh Ambani, raised Rs 5,512.50 crore from Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), taking the total fundraise to Rs 37,710 crore.
- ADIA’s investment will translate into a 1.20 per cent equity stake.
- With this investment, RRVL has raised Rs 37,710 crore from leading global investors including Silver Lake, KKR, General Atlantic, Mubadala, GIC, TPG and ADIA in less than four weeks.
- Reliance Industries has sold an 8.48 per cent stake in the retail unit for a total of Rs 37,710 crore.
Infosys to acquire Blue Acorn iCi
- Infosys stated it has a definitive agreement to acquire Blue Acorn iCi, Adobe Platinum partner in the US, and a leader in digital customer experience, commerce and analytics.
- The move further strengthens Infosys’ end-to-end customer experience offerings and demonstrates its continued commitment to helping clients navigate their digital transformation journey, a statement from the company stated.
- With services that include strategy, analytics, design, and engineering, Blue Acorn iCi elevates marquee global brands across industries from media, consumer goods and retail, to financial services, manufacturing and technology.
- Together with Infosys’ earlier acquisition of WongDoody that offers creative and marketing services, BlueAcorn iCi brings complementary capabilities to help global CMOs and businesses thrive in a digital commerce world. This acquisition further deepens Infosys’ capabilities in the Adobe, Magento, Salesforce Commerce and Shopify ecosystems.
- CEO: Salil Parekh
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Assam CM launches Kisan Rath Mobile App to facilitate sale of agriculture products
- Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the Kisan Rath Mobile App in order to facilitate timely sale of agricultural products by promoting a buyer-seller network.
- The mobile app is developed, designed and technically maintained by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), will be out to use by the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project (APART) which will impart training to farmers and other stakeholders on how to use the app.
- The release added that the app has several language options, including Assamese, English and Hindi.
- The Kisan Rath App interconnects over 10,000 farmers, 50 farmer producer organizations and 1,000 verified agricultural traders to an online platform.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
NDDB, Ladakh in pact to conduct survey for promotion of dairying
- The National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) and the Union Territory Administration of Ladakh inked an agreement to conduct a benchmark survey in the newly formed UT.
- The survey is aimed at gathering required details to prepare a roadmap for development and promotion of dairying in the UT.
- The Survey will take into consideration crucial aspects like climatic conditions, suitability of breeds, animal health and AI support, feed and fodder availability, impediments in logistics and supply chain, marketing etc.
- Promotion of milk production and rural livelihoods is aimed at enhancing income of the rural population.
- Headquarters location: Anand, Gujarat
- Chairman: Amrita Patel
- Capital: Leh, Kargil
- Governor: R. K. Mathur
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
FLO, the women wing of FICCI signs MoU with NSDC for empowering women through skill training
- FLO, the Women’s Wing of FICCI, signed an MoU with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for empowering women through skill training to enhance their employability and promote entrepreneurship. With a primary focus on sustainable livelihood generation for women, the collaboration between the two organizations will support empowerment of women to create sustainable economic possibilities at different levels – grassroots, medium and senior.
- FLO and NSDC will work towards supporting short-term training of women in various sectors such as healthcare, tourism and hospitality among others; and will aid with domestic and overseas placements.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is committed to promoting skill development by catalyzing creation of large, quality and for-profit vocational institutions. A unique public-private-partnership entity, NSDC engages a gamut of stakeholders including industry bodies, corporates, academicians, and Central & State governments to raise employability of workforce through vocational training, digital learning and soft skills.
- FLO plays an integral part in this process and contributes effectively towards the growth agenda of the nation. Since the inception in 1983, FLO has been working towards empowering and enabling women entrepreneurs and professionals of India and working towards economic self-reliance.
About National Skill Development Corporation:
- CEO: Manish Kumar
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CFO: Prakash Sharma
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
M Rajeshwar Rao named new Deputy Governor of RBI
- The government appointed executive director of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) M Rajeshwar Rao (RBI), as Deputy Governor of the central bank.
- Rao has been associated with RBI since 1984, holding various positions. It was in 2016 that he took charge as an Executive Director of the central bank.
- As Executive Director, Rao looks after Department of Statistics and Information Management, Financial Markets Operation Department and International Department. Prior to taking over as the Executive Director, he was the Chief General Manager, Financial Markets Operations Department.
- The banker has also worked as the Banking Ombudsman, New Delhi and in the Reserve Bank’s regional offices at Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai and New Delhi.
- The government selected Shashanka Bhide, Jayanth Varma and Ashima Goyal as three external members of the rate-setting Monetary Policy Committee (MPC). The members have been appointed for a period of four years.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: BP Kanungo,MK Jain, MD Patra and M Rajeshwar Rao
Dinesh Khara appointed as SBI Chairman for 3 years
- The government appointed Dinesh Khara as the new Chairman of State Bank of India for a period of three years.
- Currently, Khara is the Managing Director in-charge of Global Banking & Subsidiaries.
- He replaces Rajnish Kumar, whose term is ending.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
Jammu & Kashmir Bank extends CMD Chibber’s term by six months
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the term of RK Chhibber, Chairman and Managing Director of the Jammu & Kashmirbank, by a further period of six months.
- The bank said the extension is with effect from October 10 or till the appointment of MD and CEO.
Ajinkya Rahane signed as brand ambassador of Hudle
- Indian batsman Ajinkya Rahane has been appointed as the brand ambassador and advisor of Hudle, a Delhi-based sports tech & events startup.
- Apart from being the face of the brand, he will also be able to guide the team with strategic inputs through his wealth of experience in professional sport.
Ubon ropes in Rana Daggubati as brand ambassador
- Gadget accessory and consumer electronics brand Ubon has roped in Rana Daggubati as its brand ambassador to tap into the Southern market. With the association, the company aims to leverage the massive appeal the actor enjoys across the southern part of the country.
- Incorporated in the year 1999, Ubon is a gadget accessory and consumer electronics brand in India. The brand offers products such as bluetooth speakers and headphones, earphones, chargers, cables among other accessories.
Govt appoints J Venkatramu as MD, CEO of India Post Payments Bank
- A Cabinet panel appointed J Venkatramu as managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of India Post Payments Bank for three years.
- Venkatramu has over 22 years of work experience across banking services such as payments, mobile banking, retail banking products and has also managed digital financial services projects. He is currently chief digital officer at Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- Venkatramu will take over the post of Suresh Sethi who had served as founder MD and CEO of the payments banks till March, much before his tenure ended.
- India Post Payments Bank is a state-owned entity, under the department of posts, with 100% government equity and is governed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
About India Post Payments Bank:
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Secretary, Department of Post: Pradeep Kumar Bisoi
- MD & CEO: J Venkatramu
- Formed: 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Nobel Prize 2020 in Chemistry awarded to two scientists for work in genome editing
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences awarded the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna for “development of a method for genome editing”.
- Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna have discovered one of gene technology’s sharpest tools: the CRISPR/Cas9 genetic scissors.
- Using these, researchers can change the DNA of animals, plants, and microorganisms with extremely high precision.
- This technology has had a revolutionary impact on the life sciences, is contributing to new cancer therapies, and may make the dream of curing inherited diseases come true.
- Charpentier, who is French, and Doudna, an American, become the sixth and seventh women to win a Nobel for chemistry, joining the like of Marie Curie (1911) and Frances Arnold (2018).
Sarah Hall becomes first writer to win BBC short story prize twice
- English poet and novelist Sarah Hall has become the first writer to win the BBC National Short Story Award for the second time.
- She won the top honour for the story,The Grotesques.
- Hall has been nominated four times in the past and last won in 2013 for her story, Mrs Fox.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIT Guwahati Startup Sahara Develops mobile App For Offline To Online Biz Services
- Sahara, a hyperlocal-tech startup of the students of the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, has developed a mobile application that lets offline business owners create synergy with customers and potential business partners on a global platform with the power of
- The features on this app will also guarantee accurate navigating experience, especially to travellers, in the form of local language translation service, security for travellers by providing assistance in establishing contact with respective traveller’s embassy in case of emergency, emergency and SOS service especially for women etc.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
ICG Offshore Patrol Vessel ‘Vigraha’ Launched to Enhance Coastal Security
- The seventh offshore patrol vessel of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG), ‘Vigraha’ was formally unveiled at the Kattupalli port near Chennai.
- The vessel, built by Larsen and Toubro, is the last in the series of seven OPVs contracted to the company by the Ministry of Defence in 2015.
- It was the first time a private sector shipyard has undertaken the design and construction of offshore patrol vessel class of ships. The OPV is 98 metres long, 15 metres wide, has 3.6 m draught, 2140T displacement and a range of 5,000 nautical miles.
- It can attain a sustained speed of upto 26 knots and would be fitted with 30mm 2A42 gun and two 12.7 mm guns and equipped with twin engine helicopters enhancing its operational, surveillance, search and rescue capability.
- The vessel is expected to be inducted into the Coast Guard after completion of extensive trials and testing for the equipment and machinery by March 2021.
- Larsen and Toubro has already designed and built ICGS ‘Vikram’, ICGS ‘Vijaya’, ICGS ‘Veera’, ICGS ‘Varaha’, ICGS ‘Varad’, ICGS ‘Vajra’.
Russia reports successful test launch of hypersonic missile
- Russian President Vladimir Putin hailed the successful test launch of a new Zircon hypersonic cruise missile.
- It took place from the Admiral Groshkov frigate located in the White Sea, in the north of Russia.
- The missile successfully hit a target in the Barents Sea.
- It is capable of flying at nine times the speed of sound and will have a range of 1,000 kilometers (620 miles).
- Capital: Moscow
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Currency: Russian ruble
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
TNPL spinner MP Rajesh passes away
- Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL) leg-spinner Prasanth Rajesh has passed away due to sudden heart attack at 35.
- Prasanth Rajesh, an impressive leggie, starred in his TNPL debut in 2018.
- Notably, Prasanth Rajesh played along Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) star T Natarajan in the match.
Veteran Marathi actor Avinash Kharshikar passes away
- Veteran Marathi actor Avinash Kharshikar died due to a heart attack.
- He was a well-known for his comic acting in the Marathi industry and he worked with other well-known names in the Marathi industry like Ashok Saraf and the late Laxmikanth Berde.
DAILY CA 7th OCT
- World Cotton Day- 7th oct
- Piyush Goyal Inaugurates Renaming Of Naugarh Railway Station To Siddharthnagar
- India’s first 5 Animal bridges to come up on this greenfield expressway
- Integration between PM SVANidhi & SBI portals ‘API’ launched to ease processing of loan applications
- My Ganga My Dolphin campaign launched at six sites across river Ganga
- ICICI Bank offers debit card to borrowers availing Loan Against Securities
- Sebi introduces very high risk category in mutual fund schemes
- FM launches Indian Bank’s business mentoring programme for MSMEs
- Axis Bank, Vistara launch co-branded forex card
- TCS Becomes Second Indian Firm To Cross Rs 10 Lakh Crore Market Cap
- IBM to set up centre of excellence for AI with government e-marketplace
- India’s first B2B Crypto trading exchange DigitX launched
- Gujarat to get country’s first two Organic Spices Seed parks
- Goa launches ‘DISHTAVO’ YouTube channel for e-learning in higher education
- Gujarat govt announces Digital Seva Setu Programme for rural areas
- IFFCO, Prasar Bharati sign MoU to broadcast & promote new agriculture technology & innovations
- Bengal govt inks MoU with IIM-C wing to set up technology development centre
- NABARD inks 3 MoUs with SBI to extend credit support for various projects
- M A Ganapathy appointed as Director General, BCAS
- MOFSL appoints Arvind Hali as MD & CEO of Motilal Oswal Home Finance
- 2020 Nobel Prize Physics: Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez declared winners
- Two Mumbai-based Start-ups declared winners of first National Start-Up Awards-2020
- 12th BRICS Summit to be held virtually on November 17
- Indo-French satellites to trace illegal oil spillage
- C-DAC to Commission India’s Fastest HPC-AI Supercomputer PARAM Siddhi – AI with NVIDIA
- Former acting CJ of Gujarat High Court A S Dave passes away
- Veteran Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav passes away
- Afghanistan Cricket Player Najeeb Tarakai passes away after accident
- Legendary rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen dies at 65
DAILY CA 8th OCT
- Ganga River Dolphin Day- 5th oct
- Indian Air Force celebrates its 88th Anniversary – 8th oct
- Govt launches online startup discovery platform ‘Startup India Showcase’
- Union Cabinet approves signing of Memorandum of cooperation in field of cyber-security between India & Japan
- PM Modi launches ‘ Jan Andolan’ campaign for COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour
- Smriti Irani launches first ever Brand & Logo for Indian Cotton on 2nd World Cotton Day
- NITI Aayog, MNRE and Invest India hold symposium on solar PV manufacturing
- HDFC Bank partners with Apollo Hospitals for holistic healthcare solution
- Interest subvention on MSME loans extended till end of March 2021: RBI
- Chqbook launches India’s first ‘Financial Control Center’ on mobile to empower 60 million small business owners
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority invests Rs 5,512.5 crore in Reliance Retail for 1.2 % stake
- Infosys to acquire Blue Acorn iCi
- Assam CM launches Kisan Rath Mobile App to facilitate sale of agriculture products
- NDDB, Ladakh in pact to conduct survey for promotion of dairying
- FLO, the women wing of FICCI signs MoU with NSDC for empowering women through skill training
- M Rajeshwar Rao named new Deputy Governor of RBI
- Dinesh Khara appointed as SBI Chairman for 3 years
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank extends CMD Chibber’s term by six months
- Ajinkya Rahane signed as brand ambassador of Hudle
- Ubon ropes in Rana Daggubati as brand ambassador
- Govt appoints J Venkatramu as MD, CEO of India Post Payments Bank
- Nobel Prize 2020 in Chemistry awarded to two scientists for work in genome editing
- Sarah Hall becomes first writer to win BBC short story prize twice
- IIT Guwahati Startup Sahara Develops mobile App For Offline To Online Biz Services
- ICG Offshore Patrol Vessel ‘Vigraha’ Launched to Enhance Coastal Security
- Russia reports successful test launch of hypersonic missile
- TNPL spinner MP Rajesh passes away
- Veteran Marathi actor Avinash Kharshikar passes away