This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
NITI Aayog constitutes Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC)
- NITI Aayog has constituted a Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC).
- The MPICC, chaired by Ms Sanyukta Samaddar, Adviser (SDG) has members from relevant Line Ministries and Departments, namely Ministry/ Department of Power, WCD, Telecommunication, MoSPI, Rural Development, Petroleum & Natural Gas, Food & Public Distribution, Drinking Water & Sanitation, Education, Housing & Urban Affairs, Health & Family Welfare, and Financial Services.
- Preparation of a MPI Parameter Dashboard to rank States and UTs, and a State Reform Action Plan (SRAP) are at an advanced stage of development.
- Global MPI is an international measure of multidimensional poverty covering 107 developing countries and was first developed in 2010 by Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for UNDP’s Human Development Reports.
- According to Global MPI 2020, India is 62ndamong 107 countries with an MPI score of 0.123 and 27.91% headcount ratio, based on the NFHS 4 (2015/16) data.
- Neighbouring countries like Sri Lanka (25th), Bhutan (68th), Nepal (65th), Bangladesh (58th), China (30th), Myanmar (69th) and Pakistan (73rd) are also ranked in this index
About NITI Aayog
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
PM Modi inaugurates Patrika Gate in Jaipur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Patrika Gate in Jaipur through video conference.
- The Iconic Gate is built by the Patrika Group of Newspapers on the Jawaharlal Nehru Marg in the Pink City.
- Patrika Gate has been built as a unique memorial showcasing the architectural and cultural heritage of all the regions of Rajasthan.
- The gate engraves the architecture, culture, and lifestyle of every corner of Rajasthan
- On this occasion, the Prime Minister will also launch two books – Samvad Upanishad and Akshar Yatra – authored by Editor-in-Chief of Rajasthan Patrika Group Gulab Kothari.
Shri Dharmendra Pradhan announces that Five Petroleum and Gas sector PSUs will join International Solar Alliance
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhaninaugurated First World Solar Technology Summit organized by
- Five Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under Petroleum & Natural Gas Ministry will be joining International Solar Alliance (ISA)’s Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action (ISA-CSCA) as Corporate Partners.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and GAIL (India) Limited will be contributing to ISA’s Corpus Fund.
- Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Minister of Steel: Shri Dharmendra Pradhan
- Constituency: Deogarh, Odisha
Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launches 22 bamboo clusters in 9 States; Logo for National Bamboo Mission also released
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated by virtual mode 22 bamboo clusters in 9 States (Gujarat, MP, Maharashtra, Odisha, Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Uttarakhand and Karnataka).
- A logo for the National Bamboo Mission was also released.
- The Government’s goal in the bamboo sector is being achieved with the concerted efforts of all stakeholders of the Bamboo Mission.
- The winner of the logo contest, Shri Sai Ram Goudi Edigi of Telengana was selected from 2033 entries received on MyGov platform from across the country.
- The logo portrays a bamboo culm in the center of a circle composed of half an industrial wheel and half farmers, depicting the objectives of NBM appropriately. The green and yellow colour of the logo symbolise bamboo often termed as green gold.
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development & Panchayati Raj: Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Constituency: Morena, MP
PM Modi to hold Swanidhi Samvaad with street vendors from Madhya Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold Svanidhi Samvaadwith street vendors from Madhya Pradesh. Government of India had launched PM Svanidhi scheme on 1st June this year to help poor street vendors, impacted by COVID-19, resume livelihood activities. 5 lakh street vendors were registered in Madhya Pradesh, with more than 4 lakh vendors having been given identification and vendor certification.
- The applications of 2.45 lakh eligible beneficiaries have been presented through the portal to Banks, out of which acceptance has been granted to around 1.4 lakh street vendors of amount worth 140 crore rupees.
- The state of Madhya Pradesh stands first in the number of total applications accepted, with 47 per cent of these coming from the state alone. Arrangements for beneficiaries of the scheme in the state to watch the program in public places have been made through LED screens in 378 municipal bodies. The program will be telecast through webcast, for which pre-registration is being done on MyGov’s link https://pmevents.ncog.gov.in.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Anandiben Patel(additional charge)
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Cabinet approves asset monetization of subsidiaries of PGCIL through Infrastructure Trust
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved Asset Monetization of subsidiaries of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited- POWERGRID through Infrastructure Investment Trust. It has given approval to POWERGRID to undertake monetization of its Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) assets, held in existing Special Purpose Vehicle (SPVs), through Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT).
- The approval would facilitate POWERGRID, to undertake asset monetization of its identified TBCB transmission assets through InvIT, so that the proceeds from the asset monetization could be utilized for fresh investment in the transmission network expansion and other capital schemes of the company.
- In the first block, POWERGRID would be able to monetize 5 TBCB assets of gross block of 7164 crore rupees. Based on the experience gained, further monetization shall be carried out in future.
- Asset recycling is a key strategy of the Government to release the capital invested in operational assets and the proposed InvIT of POWERGRID would attract both domestic as well as global investors including Sovereign Wealth Funds. Sale of assets to InvIT is a way of accessing long term relatively cheap finance required to fund infrastructure projects in Transmission Sector.
- The CAPEX Plan of POWERGRID for next two years 2020-21 and 2021-22 is 20 thousand 500 crore rupees. The government has enacted an enabling regulatory and taxation framework for InvITs and the proposed InvIT by POWERGRID would deepen this market.
India’s child mortality rate declined between 1990 and 2019: UN
- India’s child mortality rate has declined substantially between 1990 and 2019 but the country, along with Nigeria, still accounted for almost a third of all under-five deaths last year, according to a new UN report which warned that Covid-19 pandemic threatens to undo decades of progress in eliminating preventable child deaths globally.
- The ‘Levels & Trends in Child Mortality’ Report 2020 stated that the number of global under-five deaths dropped to its lowest point on record in 2019 — down to 2 million from 12.5 million in 1990.
- Over the past 30 years, health services to prevent or treat causes of child death such as pre-term, low birth weight, complications during birth, neonatal sepsis, pneumonia, diarrhoea and malaria, as well as vaccination, have played a large role in saving millions of lives.
- According to the new mortality estimates released by UNICEF, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Population Division of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs and the World Bank Group, the under-five mortality rate (deaths per 1,000 live births) in India declined to 34 in 2019 from 126 in 1990.
- The infant mortality rate (deaths per 1,000 live births) in India declined from 89 in 1990 to 28 last year, with the country registering 679000 infant deaths last year, a significant decline from 2.4 million infant deaths in 1990.
- The country also witnessed a decrease in neonatal mortality rate between 1990 and 2019 from 57 to 22 – 1.5 million neonatal deaths in 1990 to 522,000 deaths in 2019.
- Further, the probability of dying among children aged 5—14 years declined from 21 in 1990 to 5 in 2019 (447,000 deaths in 1990 to 136,000 deaths in 2019) and the probability of dying among youth aged 15—24 years dipped from 24 to 10 (407,000 deaths to 246,000 deaths) between the period under review.
- The sex-specific under-five mortality rate (deaths per 1,000 live births) in India in 1990 stood at 122 males and 131 females and this declined to 34 males and 35 females in 2019.
- Secretary general: António Guterres
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India-Bangladesh to hold Joint Consultative Commission meeting
- India and Bangladesh have agreed to hold the 6th meeting of the Joint Consultative Commission (JCC) later this month. The High Commission of India in Bangladesh stated that the ministerial level meeting will be held on the virtual platform.
- The 5th meeting of the JCC was held in New Delhi in February last year between Dr. A.K.Abdul Momen and the then Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj.
- During the 5th JCC last year, three MoUs/Agreements were signed to further strengthen the existing multifaceted cooperation between the two countries.
- These included the MoUs on mid-career training of Bangladesh civil servants, cooperation between AYUSH and the Ministry of Health of Bangladesh in the field of medicinal plants, and an MoU between Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) of Bangladesh and CBI.
- Another MoU was signed between Hiranandani Group and Bangladesh Economic Zones Authority (BEZA) to facilitate investments in the Indian Economic Zone in Mongla.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
India, ADB sign 500 million US dollar loan for Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System corridor
- India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a 500 million US dollar loan for Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) corridor.The first tranche of a total one billion dollar facility, to build a modern, high-speed 82-kilometer Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor will improve regional connectivity and mobility in India’s national capital region (NCR).
- The signatories to the loan agreement for the Delhi-Meerut RRTS Investment Project were Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Finance and Kenichi Yokoyama, Country Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission who signed for ADB.
- The first tranche loan will support construction of the first of three priority rail corridors planned under the NCR Regional Plan 2021 to connect Delhi to other cities in adjoining states.
- With a design speed of 180 kilometer per hour and high-frequency operations of every 5 to 10 minutes, the 82-kilometer corridor connecting Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh is expected to reduce the journey time to about one hour from the present 3 to 4 hours. The RRTS will have multimodal hubs to ensure smooth interchange with other transport modes.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
Kamath committee identifies 26 sectors for loan restructuring
- Reserve Bank of India released the K V Kamath-led Committee report, which had recommended financial parameters to be factored in the resolution plans under the ‘Resolution Framework for Covid19-related Stress’ along with sector specific benchmark ranges for such parameters.
- The committee has recommended financial ratios for 26 sectors which could be factored by lending institutions while finalizing a resolution plan for a borrower. The financial aspects include those related to leverage, liquidity, debt serviceability.
- The RBI had formed a five-member committee under the chairmanship of Kamath to make recommendations on the financial parameters to be considered for the one-time restructuring of loans impacted by the Covid 19 pandemic. Other members of the committee are former State Bank of India executive Diwakar Gupta, current Canara Bank chairman TN Manoharan, consultant Ashvin Parekh and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) CEO Sunil Mehta who was also a secretary to the committee.
- It had asked the panel to recommend a list of financial parameters, including leverage, liquidity, and debt serviceability, to decide on the resolution plan. The committee will also vet the resolution plans for all the accounts where the exposure is more than 1,500 crore.
- The committee panel recommended lenders to mandatorily consider total outstanding liabilities/adjusted tangible net worth, total debt/EBITDA, Current Ratio, Debt Service Coverage Ratio, and average debt service coverage ratio.
SBI planning to launch loan product ‘SAFAL’ for organic cotton growers
- State Bank of India is planning to launch a loan product, SAFAL, primarily focussed on organic cotton growers who don’t have any credit history, stated a top official of the country’s largest lender.
- The bank is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in a big way for generating business, SBI managing director C S Setty stated speaking at a Fintech conference organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- He further stated that any buyer of this cotton across the world could check whether the farmer actually is growing the organic cotton.
- Observing that the bank has fully appreciated the power of data analytics, he stated, “our AI/ML department is not an experimental department, it is a business-oriented department. We have had a net income creation of about Rs.1,100 crore in the last two years.”
- Currently, he stated, the bank has more than 40 Machine Learning based models which it uses across the spectrum for business, risk mitigation, fraud management.
- The bank has built a capability which is unmatched in the banking industry, he claimed.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Vodafone Idea re-brands itself ‘Vi’
- Vodafone Idea announced its new unified brand identity by renaming all its products under a new name and logo “Vi”.
- The announcement was made by the telco’s MD and CEO Ravinder Takkar.
- The rebranding comes at a time the company looks to raise up to ₹25,000 crore to meet government dues, pay interest, and invest in operations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar launches online admission platform for UG courses
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched an online registration portal for admissions in undergraduate (UG) programmes in government, aided and self-financed colleges for the new academic session 2020-21.
- The platform has been launched so that students can complete their entire admission process from home.
- Khattar has also launched an educationalWhatsApp chatbot ”Apka Mitra” to resolve any admission-related queries. Students are required to send a message on WhatsApp chatbot number 7419444449 to get any information regarding admissions, scholarships etc.,
- Moreover, the minister also launched a new web portal of Higher Education Department and website of 158 government colleges.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
Thykoodam-Petta stretch of Kochi metro inaugurated in Kerala
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the final stretch of the Phase-I construction of the Kochi metro’s Thykoodam-Petta stretch via video conferencing. The inauguration was presided by Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Phase-1 of the Kochi Metro is now complete at a cost of Rs 6218 crores.
- The proposal for Phase-2 of Kochi Metro is under active consideration of Govt of India and would be approved soon.
- Kochi Metro has dedicated walls at Petta station, which is newly built for the fishermen community who saved thousands during the 2018 Kerala floods.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami launched portal for Eye Donation
- Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami launched the website hmis.tn.gov.in/eye-donor designed by the National Health Mission Tamil Nadu to help donors.
- He has pledged to donate his eyes during National Eye Donation Fortnight in Tamil Nadu.
- He has initiated the state-led portal for eye donation enabling people who are willing to pledge to donate their eyes.
- The website will be useful in creating a registry for eye donation in Tamil Nadu. Besides, the website will also be useful in creating a registry for eye donation in Tamil Nadu.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Mumbai International airport put in place QR code-enabled check-in mechanism
- Mumbai International airport has put in place a QR code-enabled contactless check-in mechanism for the passengers. Mumbai International Airport Limited stated that the touch less technology solution is a vital step in reducing passenger contact with kiosk surfaces and is in full compliance with the civil aviation ministry’s passenger processing guidelines.
- The QR code-enabled contactless check-in facility at Mumbai International Airport allows passengers to use their mobile phones to remotely operate check-in and self-bag drop kiosks for printing boarding passes and bag tags. Even before the pandemic, MIAL had introduced technologies like common use self-service check-in kiosks, self-baggage drop counters, and e-gates that allow passengers to scan their boarding pass to proceed to security check.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
UiPath partners with AP skill development corporation
- UiPath, an enterprise Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software company, has partnered with Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC), as part of its Academic Alliance Programme.
- The programme is designed to bridge the growing skill requirements and build RPA resiliency in more than 50,000 students, in the next one year.
- Studies by Gartner indicate that RPA continues to grow as the tactical solution to improve operational efficiency, particularly during the pandemic and post recovery.
- In line with this, APSSDC will act as the regional center for all UiPath Academic Alliance activities in the State. To start off, UiPath will onboard 100 APSSDC institutes. The institutions will receive curriculum, content, learning materials, educator enablement sessions and software tools, to provide training to their students.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
NSDC, LinkedIn partner to impart free digital skills training
- National Skill Development Corporation and professional network LinkedIn have joined hands to provide access to free LinkedIn Learning resources for imparting digital skills to youth for enhancing employability.
- Under the partnership, 10 free LinkedIn Learning paths, consisting of 140 courses for a range of in-demand tech jobs, will be made available for free on eSkill India digital platform until March 31, 2021.
- LinkedIn will also provide periodic labour market insights based on its economic graph of more than 69 million members in India. This will include in-demand skills, emerging jobs, and global hiring rates to NSDC to better understand the skilling ecosystem.
- According to LinkedIn data, Indian professionals with digital skills were 20 percent more in demand than professionals without digital skills in 2020.
- The 10 free LinkedIn Learning paths will help India’s youth develop the skills needed for those jobs. Each learning path includes video content designed to help job-seekers develop core digital skills needed for an in-demand tech role, covering a range of skills from entry-level digital literacy to advanced product-based skills.
- CEO: Manish Kumar
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
About Linked in
- CEO: Ryan Roslansky
- Headquarters: California, United States
Former health secretary Preeti Sudan appointed WHO panellist
- The World Health Organisation’s independent panel for pandemic preparedness and response appointed former health secretary Preeti Sudan as one of its 11 panellists from across the world. The decision by the panel’s two heads, former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clarke and former Liberia President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf,.
- In a meeting of the Chairs, Helen Clarke is believed to have conveyed that Sudan’s experience as the head of the government ministry that led India’s response to the pandemic makes her much more suited for the job.
- The panel stated that while it reviewed more than 120 people, it “made the final appointments based on skills (including expertise in outbreak response, managing national health systems, leadership in youth and community engagement, socio-economic analytical capabilities), knowledge about the international system including WHO and experience from similar international processes.’’
About World Health Organization:
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Director-General: Tedros Adhanom
- deputy Director-General: Soumya Swaminathan
- deputy Director-General: Jane Ellison
Justice R F Nariman appointed as chairperson of SC Legal Services Committee
- Supreme Court judge Justice Rohinton Fali Nariman has been appointed as the chairperson of its legal services committee.
- The Central Authority nominated Justice Nariman as the chairperson of Supreme Court Legal Services Committee (SCLSC) with immediate effect in the wake of retirement of Justice Arun Mishra, who held the post since November last year.
- Supreme Court Legal Services Committee is constituted for implementing the legal services programme insofar as it relates to the Supreme Court of India.
Telangana, UK India Business Council renew partnership to strengthen industrial development
- The UK India Business Council (UKIBC) renewed its Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Industries and Commerce Department, Government of Telangana to further strengthen ties.
- This collaborative partnership is well-established and has already led to two UK business delegations to the State and a further delegation of leading UK universities. These interactions boost business investment, accelerate improvements in the ease of doing business, facilitate UK-Telangana business partnerships and expand higher education collaboration.
- UKIBC will continue to support interactions between UK businesses and Telangana to provide direct feedback from business on the ease of doing business, market access and other relevant issues which can further bolster business confidence and enhance the operating environment for doing business. These interactions will continue in the form of dialogues, annual ministerial meetings and various delegation visits.
- UKIBC will also work towards future investment opportunities, strengthening its relationship with state governments, supporting its members in addressing their key asks and smoothing investor interactions in different markets.
About UK India Business Council (UKIBC):
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Richard Heald: Chairman,
- Jayant Krishna: Group CEO
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Police Officer Poonam Khatri crowned Wushu World Champion
- Indian Wushu stalwart Poonam Khatri has claimed World Championship status after her silver medal at the Wushu World Championship last year has been upgraded to a Gold medal. Poonam had lost the final to Iranian opponent Mariyam in the Women’s 75 kg category but after Mariyam recently failed the dope test, the gold medal has been awarded to Poonam Khatri.
- The information was clarified by Secretary General of the Indian Wushu Association, Suhel Ahmed. Poonam over the years has acquired a reputation for being an all round consistent performer at the national and international level. In addition to her recent World Championship heroics, the 33 year old who hails from Haryana’s Jhajjar district, also won a gold medal in the 2019 South Asian Games and is also a 10 time National Champion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Telugu actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passes away
- Telugu actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passed away after suffering a massive cardiac arrest. He was 74.
- He played many memorable roles in his long career.
DAILY CA 8th SEP
- International Literacy Day- 8th September
- Germany launches Indo-Pacific strategy with ‘key role’ for India
- NABARD organizes awareness cum sensitization programme for newly proposed FPO in J&K
- ESAF Bank announces fintech conclave
- Ind-Ra, Fitch slash India GDP forecast further
- Bank of India launches ‘Signature Visa Debit Card’ for HNIs
- Tamil Nadu govt releases policy for electronics & hardware manufacturing
- Assam promotes nutritious food through Kitchen Garden as part of Poshan Maah
- Gujarat forms Task Force to study & implement NEP-2020 for school education
- Fruits & vegetables in J&K covered under ‘Operation Green’s TOP to TOTAL’ scheme
- Andhra Pradesh to float India’ largest solar tender for 10 GW capacity
- Mahindra Finance’s subsidiary set to enter online insurance, will launch portal called PayBima
- Shri R. Masakui has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Jamaica
- ASCI appoints Manisha Kapoor as its new secretary-general
- British Broadcaster David Attenborough Awarded Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
- First ever Virtual Buyer Seller Meet organised by GJEPC
- IIT Kharagpur Researchers Develop Painless Drug Delivery and Vaccination Device
- DRDO successfully tests Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle
- Reliance-backed Fynd launches mobile game to encourage social distancing
- Chandrayaan-3 launch likely to take place in early 2021: Jitendra Singh
- Atal Innovation Mission Partners with Freshworks to empower AIM Startup Innovators
- Dell Technologies and NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission Launches SheCodes Innovation Challenge, Aimed at Championing Girl-Led Innovation
- Assam State Rural Livelihoods Mission, NESFB sign MoU
- Kerala Most Literate State in Country With 96.2% Literacy, Andhra Worst Performer at 66.4%
- Parachutist Raphael Domjan makes world’s first jump from solar-powered plane
- Novak Djokovic out of US Open 2020 after hitting line judge with ball
- Kesavananda Bharati, petitioner in landmark SC judgement, passes away
- Oscar-Winning Czech Film Director Jiří Menzelpasses away
- Father of India’s Radio Astronomy Govind Swarup passes away
DAILY CA 9th SEP
- NITI Aayog constitutes Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC)
- PM Modi inaugurates Patrika Gate in Jaipur
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan announces that Five Petroleum and Gas sector PSUs will join International Solar Alliance
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launches 22 bamboo clusters in 9 States; Logo for National Bamboo Mission also released
- PM Modi to hold Swanidhi Samvaad with street vendors from Madhya Pradesh
- Cabinet approves asset monetization of subsidiaries of PGCIL through Infrastructure Trust
- India’s child mortality rate declined between 1990 and 2019: UN
- India-Bangladesh to hold Joint Consultative Commission meeting
- India, ADB sign 500 million US dollar loan for Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System corridor
- Kamath committee identifies 26 sectors for loan restructuring
- SBI planning to launch loan product ‘SAFAL’ for organic cotton growers
- Vodafone Idea re-brands itself ‘Vi’
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar launches online admission platform for UG courses
- Thykoodam-Petta stretch of Kochi metro inaugurated in Kerala
- Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami launched portal for Eye Donation
- Mumbai International airport put in place QR code-enabled check-in mechanism
- UiPath partners with AP skill development corporation
- NSDC, LinkedIn partner to impart free digital skills training
- Former health secretary Preeti Sudan appointed WHO panellist
- Justice R F Nariman appointed as chairperson of SC Legal Services Committee
- Telangana, UK India Business Council renew partnership to strengthen industrial development
- Police Officer Poonam Khatri crowned Wushu World Champion
- Telugu actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passes away