This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day to Protect Education from Attack
- International Day to Protect Education from Attack to be celebrated for the first time in 2020 on September 9th.
- The day was established by a unanimous decision of the UN General Assembly, calling on UNESCO and UNICEF to raise awareness of the plight of millions of children living in countries affected by conflict. The resolution proclaiming the Day was presented by the State of Qatar and co-sponsored by 62 countries.
World Suicide Prevention Day
- World Suicide Prevention Day is an awareness day observed on 10 September every year, in order to provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides, with various activities around the world since 2003.
- World Suicide Prevention Day Theme 2020 is “working together to prevent suicide”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
EPFO decides to pay 8.5% interest during 2019-20
- The Labour and Employment Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar chaired the 227th Meeting of the Central Board of Trustees of Employees’ Provident Fund.
- In view of the exceptional circumstances arising out of Covid-19, the Central Board has recommended the same interest rate at 8.50 per cent to the Central Government.
- It would comprise of 8.15 per cent from debt income and balance 0.35 per cent capital gain from the sale of Exchange Traded Funds, ETFs subject to their redemption by 31st December this year.
- It further recommended to account such capital gains in the income of the financial year 2019-20 as being an exceptional case.
- The Central Board accorded approval for an Amendment to Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976 to enhance the maximum assurance benefit to 7 lakh rupees from the present maximum assurance benefit of 6 lakh rupees.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Sunil Barthwal: Central Provident Fund Commissioner
Indian agri-tech sector can grow to $24.1 billion in five years: Report
- India’s agriculture technology sector has the potential to grow manifold to $24.1 billion in the next five years, according to a new report.
- With a turnover of $204 million, India’s agri-tech sector is at under 1% of its market potential. A big chunk of the gains will likely be made by companies addressing supply chain and financial services solutions, driven by the availability of affordable high-speed internet and maturing of India’s digital content ecosystem, the EY report on India’s agri-tech potential said.
- The report has also forecast consolidation in the agri-tech space along with startups expanding horizontally to service the end-to-end needs of farmers within the next few years.
- EY estimates that five key categories of agritech will control the lion’s share of the sector’s turnover, with the agritech market for supplying farm inputs being as big as $1.7 billion by 2025, the market for precision agriculture and farm management growing to $3.4 billion in that time, while the market for quality management and traceability could be worth $3 billion.
- The market for tech enabled supply chain and output market linkages will be the largest segment, which could be worth $12 billion by 2025, according to EY. The second largest segment in the overall agritech market could be for financial services, with a market potential of $4.1 billion in the next five years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
First India-France-Australia Trilateral Dialogue held virtually
- The first India-France-Australia Trilateral Dialogue was held virtually. The meeting was co-chaired by Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla, Secretary-General, French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs François Delattre, and Secretary, Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Frances Adamson. The focus of the dialogue was on enhancing cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region.
- The outcome oriented meeting was held with the objective of building on the strong bilateral relations that the three countries share with each other. The three sides agreed to hold the dialogue on an annual basis.
- During the dialogue, the three sides discussed economic and geostrategic challenges and cooperation in the Indo-Pacific, particularly in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and domestic responses to it. Cooperation on Marine Global Commons and potential areas for practical cooperation at the trilateral and regional level were also discussed, including through regional organisations such as ASEAN, IORA and the Indian Ocean Commission.
- The three countries also had an exchange on the priorities, challenges and trends in regional and global multilateral institutions, including the best ways to strengthen and reform multilateralism.
About France :
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Capital: Paris
- Currency: Euro (€) ,CFP franc (XPF)
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime Minister: Scott Morrison
India, Japan sign pact for reciprocal supplies between armed forces
- India and Japan have signed an agreement for reciprocal provision of supplies and services between the Armed Forces of India and The Self-Defense Forces of Japan.
- “This agreement establishes the enabling framework for closer cooperation between the Armed Forces of India and Japan in reciprocal provision of supplies and services while engaged in bilateral training activities, United Nations Peacekeeping Operations, Humanitarian International Relief and other mutually agreed activities,” the statement stated.
- The agreement will also enhance the interoperability between the Armed Force of India and Japan. This will be increasing the bilateral defence engagements under the Special Strategic and Global Partnership between the two countries, the statement added.
- Currency: Japanese yen
- Capital: Tokyo
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launches e-filing consumer complaint system
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated the Delhi government’s e-filing consumer complaint system, which aims to help Delhiites during the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
- Delhi is the first State to have this system.
- Accessible via nic.in, the software has been developed by National Informatic Centre (NIC) in coordination with State Bank of India, which is providing payment gateway for payment of fees digitally.
- The Delhi State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (DSCDRC) decided to launch the portal for the convenience of consumers especially due to the pandemic.
- Governor: Anil Baijal
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
Karnataka CM launches first integrated air ambulance service
- Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa unveiled the country’s first integrated air ambulance service jointly launched by the International Critical Air Transfer Team (ICATT) and the Kyathi in the city.
- ICATT, a team comprising emergency medical service experts, and Kyathi, an aviation technology firm, have come together to start the country’s first integrated air-ambulance service.
- The fixed wing air ambulance will be stationed at the HAL airport in Bengaluru.
- The ambulance is equipped with state-of-the-art German Isolation Pod. ICATT-Kyathi will also enable safe transportation for critical Covd-19 patients.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Finance Minister unveils Doorstep Banking Services and declares EASE 2.0 Index Results
- Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharamaninaugurated Doorstep Banking Services by PSBs and participated in the awards ceremony to felicitate best performing banks on EASE Banking Reforms Index.
- Doorstep Banking Services is envisaged to provide convenience of banking services to the customers at their door step through the universal touch points of Call Centre, Web Portal or Mobile App. Customers can also track their service request through these channels.
- The service aims to provide banking services to the customers of Public Sector Banks at their doorstep via three modes-
- Call Centre (18001037188 or 18001213721)
- Web Portal (www.psbdsb.in)
- Mobile App (Doorstep Banking(DSB)
- The services can be availed by customers of Public Sector Banks at nominal charges. The services shall benefit all customers, particularly Senior Citizens and Divyangs who would find it at ease to avail these services.
- Bank of Baroda, State Bank of India, and erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commercewere felicitated for being the top three (in that order) in the ‘Top Performing Banks’ category according to the EASE 2.0 Index Results.
- Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India &erstwhile Corporation Bankwere awarded in the ‘Top Improvers’ category basis EASE 2.0 Index.
- Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India, and Canara Bankwere also recognized for outstanding performance in select themes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Razorpay Introduces Cash Advance To Provide Instant SMB Loans
- India-based financial solutions company Razorpay is rolling out a new solution for companies in need of business loans, helping them to instantly access capital.
- With its new Cash Advance solution, the company will let small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) borrow working capital with a credit limit of 50000 to 1 lakh in 10 seconds by using the Razorpay dashboard.
- Once a Razorpay Cash Advance loan is approved, SMBs should be able to access the funds whenever they need and repay whenever they want.
- Last year, Razorpay rolled out a suite of financial services for credit and banking to help SMBs, including tools to receive payment quicker and launch corporate cards.
- Headquarters location: Bengaluru
- MD & CEO: Shashank Kumar
Silver Lake to invest Rs. 7,500 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures
- Reliance Industries announced that Silver Lake will invest 7,500 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL), a subsidiary of Reliance Industries.
- This investment values RRVL at a pre-money equity value of 4.21 lakh crore.
- Silver Lake’s investment will translate into a 1.75% equity stake in RRVL on a fully diluted basis.
- This marks the second billion dollar investment by Silver Lake in a Reliance Industries subsidiary after the $1.35 billion investment in Jio Platforms announced earlier this year.
Mahindra Insurance Brokers launches digital insurance portal PayBima
- Mahindra Insurance Brokers (MIBL) has launched a digital insurance portal called PayBima that will help customers directly buy insurance policies online.
- Customers will be able to buy car, two-wheeler, health and life insurance products on PayBima. Devare stated that the company is setting up a separate team for this portal. The portal will enable customers to search for policies, compare features, buy and renew policies online.
- MIBL is a profit-making entity, though there was a dip in numbers due to the pandemic. During the quarter ended June 30 (Q1FY21), the insurance broker registered an income of Rs 41.2 crore, which was a 48 percent decline over the year-ago period. The profit after tax registered was Rs 2 crore during Q1, showing a YoY decline of 68 percent.
- PayBima is partnered with 19 insurance companies so far including ICICI Prudential Life, Max Life, HDFC Life, Kotak General Insurance, Digit Insurance among others. Devare said that this number will double over the next few months.
About Mahindra Insurance Brokers (MIBL):
- Chairman :Rajeev Dubey
- Head quarters: Mumbai
TPT South Africa Partners with TCS for Pioneering Logistics Supply Chain Transformation
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) ,a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, has partnered with Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) in South Africa, part of Transnet SOC Ltd, a state-owned freight transport and handling company, to help the latter develop an integrated online marketplace platform by bringing together cargo owners, shipping lines, clearing and forwarding agents, and road/rail haulers.
- It partnered with TCS to create the new platform named Cargo Connect, which will function as an online logistics marketplace where customers can submit logistics related requests and allow service providers to bid online. Customers will be able to select the preferred proposal and award the cargo contract to that bidder.
- Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has been partnering with many of the world’s largest businesses in their transformation journeys for over 50 years. TCS offers a consulting-led, cognitive powered, integrated portfolio of business, technology and engineering services and solutions. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent AgileTM delivery model, recognized as a benchmark of excellence in software development.
- CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Microsoft, Nasscom’s FutureSkills to launch AI-skilling initiative in India
- Microsoft in collaboration with Nasscom’s FutureSkills will launch a nation-wide initiative in India to skill students in Artificial Intelligence. The initiative aims to skill 1 million students by
- As part of the collaboration, Microsoft and Nasscom experts will skill the students in AI, machine learning and data science through modules such as live demos, hands-on workshops and assignments as part of the AI classroom series.
- These introductory sessions on AI will be available for undergraduate students at no cost and will cover the basics of data science, machine learning models on Azure, and understanding of cognitive services to build intelligent solutions, Microsoft stated.
- The AI Classroom Series will begin from September 21. Students can pick their preferred timeslots for sessions. Registered students will also have access to content and developer tools from Microsoft and GitHub and will receive a participation certificate from Nasscom and Microsoft at the end of the series.
- The entities will also collaborate with various academic institutes and colleges “to integrate new cloud and AI technologies into the curriculum.”
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Headquarters: Washington, United States
- Chairperson: Keshav R Murugesh
- Headquarters : New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
PM Modi digitally launches Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana & e-Gopala App
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi digitally launched the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
- He also launched the e-Gopala App, a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use of farmers.
- The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of fisheries sector in the country with an estimated investment of over 20 thousand crore.
- This is the highest ever investment in the fisheries sector. It also aims at enhancing fish production by an additional 70 lakh tonne by 2024-25.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Playerzpot ropes in Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Smriti Mandhana as brand ambassadors
- Playerzpot, the fantasy sports gaming platforms, announced the signing of cricketers Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Smriti Mandhana as its brand ambassadors.
- The partnership will see the cricketers in the brand’s upcoming campaigns and promote Playerzpot through engagement activities.
- PlayerzPotis a reliable and fast-growing fantasy sports gaming app.
Anil Jain elected AITA new president
- The All India Tennis Association (AITA) elected BJP Rajya Sabha member Anil Jain as its new president while Anil Dhupar was chosen as its secretary general during the national federation’s Annual General Meeting.
- India’s Davis Cup captain Rohit Rajpal was elected as the treasurer for a four-year term till 2024. All the office bearers as well as the new executive committee members were elected unopposed.
- The AITA also elected four joint secretaries – Sunder Iyer (Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association), Prem Kumar Karra (Tamil Nadu Tennis Association), Suman Kapur (Haryana Lawn Tennis Association) and Raktim Saikia (All Assam Tennis Association).
About All India Tennis Association (AITA)
- HQ: Delhi
- Founded: March 1920
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
1st World Solar Technology Summit
- World Solar Technology Summit (WSTS) organised by ISA and FICCI aims to bring together key stakeholders–leading academic scientists, technology developers, researchers and innovators to present and discuss the recent highlights of solar technologies, cost-wise; technology-wise, technology transfers, challenges and concerns in the field.
- The main objective of WSTS is to showcase to member countries the state of the art and next-generation solar technologies worldwide and to give an opportunity to decision-makers and stakeholders to meet, and discuss their own priorities and strategic agenda towards a larger integration.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a message said that technology holds the key to scale up the use of solar energy at the inaugural session of First World Solar Technology Summit.
- The message was read out by International Solar Alliance (ISA) Assembly President Barbara Pompili and Minister of State (I/C) for Power and New & Renewable Energy RK Singh.
The Summit included signing of four agreements between
- ISA and International Institute of Refrigeration,
- ISA and Global Green Growth Institute.
- ISA and National Thermal Power Corporation,
- A tripartite agreement between India’s Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, the World Bank and the International Solar Alliance.
- ISA also launched a Journal on Solar Energy (I JOSE) that would help authors from across the globe to publish their articles on solar energy.
- Headquarters location: Gurugram
- Founded at: Paris, France
MoS V. Muraleedharan attends 10th East Asia Summit Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- Minister of State for External Affairs Muraleedharan attended the 10th East Asia Summit Foreign Ministers’ Meeting. The Meeting was held virtually.
- It was attended by the Foreign Ministers of the East Asia Summit participating countries and chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Vietnam.
- The Meeting discussed ways and means to strengthen the Leaders-led EAS platform and to make it more responsive to emerging challenges on its 15th anniversary.
- The Ministers exchanged views on the current regional and international developments including the COVID-19 pandemic and the cooperation to achieve a speedy and sustainable recovery.
- Mr Muraleedharan in his remarks appreciated Vietnam’s efforts, as ASEAN Chair, for providing continued stewardship towards a ‘Cohesive and Responsive ASEAN’ during the pandemic.
- He underlined the key role played by EAS as a leading mechanism of the Indo-Pacific region and reiterated India’s support to make it stronger and more responsive.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
India, U.S. and Israel collaborating in 5G tech
- India, Israel and the United States have begun collaboration in developmental area, and in next generation of emerging technologies, including a transparent, open, reliable and secure 5G communication network.
- The virtual US-India-Israel summit that focused on trilateral partnerships in the strategic, technology and development arenas. The summit was also addressed by Israeli Ambassador to India Ron Malka and his counterpart Sanjeev Singla.
Northrop Grumman names spacecraft in honour of Kalpana Chawla
- Northrop Grumman has named its next space station resupply ship ‘S.S. Kalpana Chawla’ after Dr Kalpana Chawla, an astronaut of Indian descent.
- Northrop Grumman is proud to name the NG-14 Cygnus spacecraft after former astronaut Kalpana Chawla.
- It is the company’s tradition to name each Cygnus after an individual who has played a pivotal role in human spaceflight.
- Chawla was selected in honor of her prominent place in history as the first woman of Indian descent to go to space.
- The Cygnus spacecraft will deliver approximately 3,629 kg (8,000lb.) of cargo to the space station. It will be launched into orbit from Virginia Space’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS) Wallops Island, Virginia.
Indian scientists develop machine learning-based practical approach for automatic interpretation of 3D seismic data
- Scientists from Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology(WIHG), an autonomous Institute under the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, have developed a neural-based (machine learning-based) practical approach for automatic interpretation of 3D seismic data. This first of its kind approach has been developed by computing a new attribute called meta-attribute.
- The tabular sheet intrusions between older layers of sedimentary rock or beds of volcanic lava (sill complexes) significantly contribute to the transport and storage of hot magma, and leading to overburden. This acts as plausible structural traps for hydrocarbon accumulations in sedimentary basins.
- The petroliferous (petroleum containing) Canterbury basin of New Zealand is a classic example, where saucer-shaped magmatic sills are embedded within the Cretaceous to Eocene (geological period that lasted from about 145 to 33.9 million years ago) succession resulting into forced folds and hydrothermal vents above the sill terminations.
- Scientists from WIHG captured this scenario by designing a workflow and computing Sill Cube (SC) and Fluid Cube (FC) meta-attributes. These are hybrid attributes that are generated by amalgamating a number of seismic attributes (associated with the geologic targets) using a neural-based approach. This study is published in the research journal ‘Tectonophysics’. The WIHG team prepared the meta-attributes following supervised neural learning (machine learning), where computing systems are trained under the guidance of a human analyst.
- This work is an important step forward towards application of machine learning to address geological problems and looks promising in understanding complex geological processes in an active mountain belt such as the Himalaya.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
CSIR-CMERI Durgapur and NISE, Gurugram sign an MoU as a Strategic Association to bolster the Solar Energy Sector
- CSIR–Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI), Durgapur and National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gurugram joined hands by signing an online Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) as a ‘Strategic Association’ to bolster the Solar Energy sector across the nation.
- The MoU was signed by Dr.Harish Hirani, Director, CSIR-CMERI, Durgapur and Dr. Arun Kumar Tripathy, Director-General, NISE.
- The institute is currently working on the development of Solar Energy based cooking system which will help in creating an energy reliant and carbon-neutral India in addition to the upliftment of the livelihood of the rural sector in India.
- CSIR-CMERI has expertise in design and development of various capacity Solar Artifacts for multifaceted uses ranging from fulfilling localized energy demand to boosting Agricultural sector for irrigation, solar powered agro dryer, de-centralized solar cold storage, charging of battery operated agricultural machineries etc.
- CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) Durgapur has launched two solar-powered spray systems to help farmers engaged in site-specific irrigation to reduce wastage of water.
- CSIR-CMERI has developed the World’s Largest Solar Tree, which is installed at CSIR-CMERI Residential Colony, Durgapur.
International Solar Alliance signs MoUs with NTPC, MNRE and World Bank
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) has signed an MoU with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and the World Bank to design a plan for implementing ‘One Solar One World and One Grid’ (OSOWOG). The ISA also signed an MoU with India’s largest power generator, NTPC Limited, for implementing solar energy projects in 47 member countries of ISA.
- The ISA is a partnership of solar resource-rich countries. Currently, 121 countries have agreed to be members of ISA. Most of these are countries with a large participation from Africa, Southeast Asia, and Europe. Pakistan and China are not a members of the ISA. The alliance is headquartered in Gurugram.
- At ISA’s first World Solar Technology Summit (WSTS), Union power minister R K Singh delivered a message from Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who lauded ISA’s efforts.
- According to the draft plan prepared by the MNRE, the ambitious OSOWOG will connect 140 countries through a common grid which will be used to transfer solar power. ISA will execute the bidding for the OSOWOG plan.
About NTPC limited:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Gurdeep Singh :Chairman & MD
About World Bank:
- Headquarters:Washington, D.C., U.S
- David Malpass: President
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
DRDO develops P-7 Heavy Drop System capable of para dropping military stores
- Defence Research and Development Organization, DRDO has developed P-7 Heavy Drop System which is capable of para dropping military stores up to seven-tonne weight class from IL- 76
- It consists of a platform and specialized parachute system. The parachute system is a multi-stage system comprises of five Main canopies, five Brake chutes, two Auxiliary chutes, one Extractor parachute and platform is a metallic structure made up of Aluminium or steel alloys.
- The system has been developed successfully with 100 per cent indigenous resources. P-7 Heavy Drop System has been inducted in the Army.
- Capital: New Delhi
- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy: Chairman, DRDO
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Afghanistan bans coach Noor Mohammad for five years on corruption charges
- The Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) has banned domestic-level coach Noor Mohammad ‘Lalai’ from all forms of the game for five years after he was found guilty of approaching a national team player to spot-fix matches.
- Mohammad is a domestic assistant coach with the Kapisa province side and a full-time coach with Hampalana private academy.
- His act was reported by the national team player, who was approached for corruption but has not been named by the ACB.
- The development comes three months after the ACB banned wicketkeeper-batsman Shafiquallah Shafaq for six years on match-fixing allegations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Ashok Leyland’s Chairman Emeritus R J Shahaney passes away after illness
- Ashok Leyland’s Chairman Emeritus, R J Shahaney passed away after a brief illness.
- Shahaney was Ashok Leyland’s first Indian managing director and served in that capacity from 1978 till 1998. He subsequently served as the company’s chairman until 2010.
DAILY CA 9th SEP
- NITI Aayog constitutes Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC)
- PM Modi inaugurates Patrika Gate in Jaipur
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan announces that Five Petroleum and Gas sector PSUs will join International Solar Alliance
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launches 22 bamboo clusters in 9 States; Logo for National Bamboo Mission also released
- PM Modi to hold Swanidhi Samvaad with street vendors from Madhya Pradesh
- Cabinet approves asset monetization of subsidiaries of PGCIL through Infrastructure Trust
- India’s child mortality rate declined between 1990 and 2019: UN
- India-Bangladesh to hold Joint Consultative Commission meeting
- India, ADB sign 500 million US dollar loan for Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System corridor
- Kamath committee identifies 26 sectors for loan restructuring
- SBI planning to launch loan product ‘SAFAL’ for organic cotton growers
- Vodafone Idea re-brands itself ‘Vi’
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar launches online admission platform for UG courses
- Thykoodam-Petta stretch of Kochi metro inaugurated in Kerala
- Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami launched portal for Eye Donation
- Mumbai International airport put in place QR code-enabled check-in mechanism
- UiPath partners with AP skill development corporation
- NSDC, LinkedIn partner to impart free digital skills training
- Former health secy Preeti Sudan appointed WHO panellist
- Justice R F Nariman appointed as chairperson of SC Legal Services Committee
- Telangana, UK India Business Council renew partnership to strengthen industrial development
- Police Officer Poonam Khatri crowned Wushu World Champion
- Telugu actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passes away
DAILY CA 10th SEP
- International Day to Protect Education from Attack- 9th sep
- World Suicide Prevention Day- 10th sep
- EPFO decides to pay 8.5% interest during 2019-20
- Indian agri-tech sector can grow to $24.1 billion in five years: Report
- First India-France-Australia Trilateral Dialogue held virtually
- India, Japan sign pact for reciprocal supplies between armed forces
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launches e-filing consumer complaint system
- Karnataka CM launches first integrated air ambulance service
- Finance Minister unveils Doorstep Banking Services and declares EASE 2.0 Index Results
- Razorpay Introduces Cash Advance To Provide Instant SMB Loans
- Silver Lake to invest 7,500 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures
- Mahindra Insurance Brokers launches digital insurance portal PayBima
- TPT South Africa Partners with TCS for Pioneering Logistics Supply Chain Transformation
- Microsoft, Nasscom’s FutureSkills to launch AI-skilling initiative in India
- PM Modi digitally launches Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana & e-Gopala App
- Playerzpot ropes in Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Smriti Mandhana as brand ambassadors
- Anil Jain elected AITA new president
- 1st World Solar Technology Summit
- MoS V. Muraleedharan attends 10th East Asia Summit Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- India, U.S. and Israel collaborating in 5G tech
- Northrop Grumman names spacecraft in honour of Kalpana Chawla
- Indian scientists develop machine learning-based practical approach for automatic interpretation of 3D seismic data
- CSIR-CMERI Durgapur and NISE, Gurugram sign an MoU as a Strategic Association to bolster the Solar Energy Sector
- International Solar Alliance signs MoUs with NTPC, MNRE and World Bank
- DRDO develops P-7 Heavy Drop System capable of para dropping military stores
- Afghanistan bans coach Noor Mohammad for five years on corruption charges
- Ashok Leyland’s Chairman Emeritus R J Shahaney passes away after illness