Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2020
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Govt aims to increase public health expenditure to 2.5% of GDP by 2025
- The Union Health Ministry has pushed for an increased expenditure on public health. In a meeting with the 15th Finance Commission, the Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan, highlighted that the government aims at gradually increasing the public health expenditure to 2.5 per cent of the nation’s GDP by the year 2025.
- The Minister asserted that the outlay for primary health expenditure will also be made nearly two third of the total public health expenditure in the country. Reiterating the government’s target of the National Health Policy 2017, Dr. Vardhan emphasized on the importance of increasing the state’s health sector spending to nearly 8 per cent of their total budget.
- The Health Ministry apprised the Finance Commission of the need to further strengthen the public health sector, surveillance and public health management, preventive and promotive health care system in the country.
- The Health Ministry has also revised its requirement of around 9 lakh crores to 6.04 lakh crores in view of the COVID pandemic. It has asked for additional resources for the States which would be utilized for achievement of the National Health Policy targets.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- Harsh Vardhan, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Chandni Chowk
- Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
United Nations organised 2020 Virtual Counter-Terrorism Week from 6-10 July 2020
- The Virtual Counter-Terrorism Week will be held from 6-10 July and convened under the overarching theme of “Strategic and Practical Challenges of Countering Terrorism in a Global Pandemic Environment”.
- The event will be launched on 6 July 2020 at 10:00 am (New York time) with an opening two-hour high-level session titled “Post COVID-19 World: Contours and Pivot Points and Benefits of Multilateral Collaboration.”
- Thereafter, the Week will include nine additional webinars and interactive discussions focusing on priorities such as bio and cyber terrorism, high-risk threats and trends, addressing the plight of victims of terrorism, flagship UN counter-terrorism programmes, human rights and counter-terrorism, countering the financing of terrorism, youth-led initiatives to build resilient societies, and civil society and media perspectives to prevent violent extremism, among others.
- The event will provide an opportunity to bring Member States, United Nations entities, thought leaders, civil society representatives and other stakeholders together to exchange views, through strategic and expert-level online events, on what the new circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic mean for the counter-terrorism landscape.
About United Nations
- Secretary general: António Guterres
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Nabard announces Rs.5,000-crore concessional refinance facility
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard), announced a concessional refinance facility to the tune of 5,000 crore for banks and financial institutions for on-lending to beneficiaries in its 2,150 watershed development projects.
- The rural development financial institutions also announced earmarking of Rs.5,000 crore during FY21 for turning Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) into multi-service centres (one-stop shops for meeting the varied needs of the farmers).
- Nabard, in a statement, stated its watershed development projects cover 04 lakh hectares of rain-fed area watershed and tribal development project areas.
- “The concessional line of assistance will be available for three years from FY21 to FY23.
- “The scheme will help the reverse migrants, who have returned to their villages from urban areas following the Covid-19 crisis, take up new occupations,” it added.
- Nabard has launched a Rs.5,000-crore grant-based scheme for computerisation of Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) to enable these ground-level entities provide seamless credit services to their farmer members.
- Under this initiative, assistance will be extended to each State, which will have to contribute a matching amount, to kick-start the process of computerization of PACS. These societies are the building blocks of India’s cooperative banking structure.
- As many as 5,000 PACS will be upgraded this year followed by 15,000 PACS each in FY22 and FY23.
- “Moreover, the recent reforms in APMC (Agricultural Produce Market Committee) Act, Essential Commodities Act, Contract Farming Act also favour such a transformation of PACS.”
- Chintala observed that these upgraded PACS can be vehicles for creating investment opportunities for rural youth in agriculture, including those impacted by reverse migration in the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
About Nabard :
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Chintala Govinda Rajulu
NHB provides Rs.25,000 crore to housing fin cos as refinance assistance in last 4 months
- The National Housing Bank (NHB) has in the last four months (March to June 30, 2020) provided a total refinance assistance of over 25,000 crore to the housing finance companies (HFCs) alone.
- Total refinance disbursements during July-June 2020 grew 24 per cent year -on-year to touch 31,250 crore under its various refinance schemes.
- Under the Aatmanirbhar Package announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, the NHB was provided a Special Liquidity Facility of 10,000 crore by the Reserve Bank of India to address the pandemic related liquidity issues of housing finance sector.
- Of this Rs.10,000 crore, as much as Rs.9,992 crore has been sanctioned to 53 housing finance companies/regional rural banks/small finance banks. The amount disbursed under this window stood at Rs.9,537 crore as of June 30.
- Founded: 9 July 1988
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Shri Sriram Kalyanaraman (Managing Director)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Google to invest $10 billion in India over 5-7 years
- Internet giant Google launched the Google for India Digitization Fund with a commitment to invest75,000 crore (approximately $10 billion) over the next 5-7 years towards digitizing the Indian economy.
- The fund will be deployed to accelerate Google’s efforts through a mix of equity investments, partnerships, operations, infrastructure, and ecosystem investments.
- The fund will focus on enabling affordable access to the internet and information for Indians in their own language, building new products and services relevant to India’s unique needs, empowering small and medium businesses in their digital transformation, and leveraging technology and artificial intelligence (AI) for social good, including digital literacy, outbreak predictions, and support for rural economies.
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Headquarters: California, United States
RIL first company in India to surpass Rs 12 lakh crore market cap
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) became the first Indian company to cross the Rs12 lakh crore in market capitalisation as the stock soared to a record high. Shares of the company, controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, have doubled in value since mid-March.
- The surge in market cap comes ahead of RIL’s annual general meeting .The RIL stock settled at Rs 1,934.30 apiece, up 3% from its previous close on the BSE; achieving a market cap of Rs 12.26 lakh crore. The stock had touched a low of Rs 867.82 on BSE on March 23, and since then it has risen over 120%.
- Qualcomm Ventures, the investment arm of Qualcomm Inc., stated it will invest Rs 730 crore for a 0.15% stake in Jio Platforms; becoming the 12th investor in about three months.
About Reliance Industries Ltd:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Mukesh Ambani: Chairman & MD
India’s GDP likely to contract 4.5% in FY21: FICCI survey
- Industry body FICCI’s latest Economic Outlook Survey has pegged India’s growth for 2020-21 at (-) 4.5 per cent as the country continues to see a gradual rise in financial stress.
- Data shows that while overall growth estimates stand at -4.5 per cent, the GDP estimated for the first quarter of the year is abysmal at(-) 14.2 per cent. The official growth numbers for the first quarter are expected to be released by the end of August 2020.
- FICCI puts India’s minimum growth estimate at (-) 6.4% and maximum growth at 5% for the year 2020-21.
- The Indian economy was already reeling under economic pressure when the lockdown was announced at the end of March. It may be noted that the Covid-19 lockdown has sharply accelerated economic stress in the country.
- The current round of the survey was conducted in the month of June 2020 and drew responses from leading economists representing industry, banking, and financial services sector.
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry:
- Sangita Reddy: President
- HQ: New Delhi
Motilal Oswal AMC launches Multi Asset Fund
- Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company has launched a Multi Asset Fund that will invest in equity, international equity index funds/ equity Exchange Traded Funds Debt and Money Market Instruments and Gold ETF.
- The fund will open for subscription from July 15. Investors can invest through lumpsum or minimum SIP of Rs.500 during NFO and ongoing period.
- The open ended fund targets to generate long-term capital appreciation by investing in a diversified portfolio in four different asset class. Having a right asset allocation is the key to navigate such volatile periods.
- Asset allocation tries to balance the risk by dividing assets among investment vehicles. Low correlation among different asset classes provide the portfolio with an effective hedge lowering the volatility of the portfolio.
- The fund will invest 10-50 per cent in equity, international equity index funds and equity ETFs, 40-80 per cent in debt, money market instruments and 10-20 per cent in Gold ETF.
- Lower correlations among assets help reduce portfolio volatility while investments in gold and international equities will provide a hedge against inflation and diversification. Debt and money market instruments will be in AAA papers with a 3-5 year average maturity, stated the fund house.
About Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company:
- Navin Agarwal: CEO
- HQ: Mumbai
BuyUcoin Becomes The First Indian Cryptocurrency Exchange To List XinFin Utility Token
- Singapore based Hybrid Blockchain firm XinFin has partnered with BuyUcoin, one of India’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, to introduce its Native Token XDC to the Indian market.
- XinFin chose BuyUcoin as their partner because of their vision and reliability, to expand its user-base in India. XinFin has committed itself to play a major role in the mass adoption of blockchain technology in the Indian economy.
- Aftermath the legalization of cryptocurrency trading in India, various international companies look up to expand their user base/presence in the country, and BuyUcoin with its host of advanced products and services serves as the befitting gateway for them to reach Indian masses.
- Recently, BuyUcoin got its license from Estonia. It will be starting its global operation in the next quarter to reach a more global user base and becoming aggressive to cater to the worldwide market.
- BuyUcoin with all its partnerships and users reach has become an attractive gateway for Global Blockchain companies to enter into the Indian Market with its partnership with MobiKwik which is close to 107 million users to bring mainstream cryptocurrency and blockchain adoption in India.
PayU Introduces QR Enabled EFT Solution For Real Time Monitoring Of Bank Transactions
- PayU, India’s leading online payment solutions provider, introduced the QR enabled EFT payment option that allows businesses and customers to track the status of high value EFT payment transactions (Rs 5 lakh and above) in real time.
- It ensures that customers and businesses don’t have to spend time and effort chasing customer care centres of banks or merchants to understand the status of their payment or refund.
- PayU had introduced EFT payment option recently which allowed offline to online transactions – customers or businesses could use the NEFT/RTGS option listed on the merchant’s checkout page to generate a one-time use challan to initiate a transaction and then complete the payment at a bank branch.
- The new QR code feature solves the commonly faced problem of uncertainty around payments by informing customers about the status of payments – whether it is with acquiring/partner or not, whether it has been accepted etc. With this feature, PayU aims to provide a seamless transaction experience to its merchant base of over 3.5 lakh, as well as their customers, providing greater control over their payments.
- With the EFT payment option, merchants now have a solution to cater to demand from tier two and tier three towns. The QR enabled option further enhances the solution by appealing to people who are reluctant to engage in digital transactions.
- Headquarters: Netherlands
- Laurent Le Moal: (CEO)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
NATGRID signed MOU with NCRB to access database that links around 14,000 police stations
- The National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) has signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) to access the centralised online database on FIRs and stolen vehicles.
- The MoU, signed in March, will give NATGRID access to the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) database, a platform that links around 14,000 police stations. All State police are mandated to file First Information Reports (FIR) in the CCTNS.
- NATGRID will act as a link between intelligence and investigation agencies.
- The project in the pipeline for a decade and envisaged first under Congress’ P. Chidambaram has got a renewed push under Home Minister Amit Shah. Initiated at a budget of 2,800 crore, it will be a medium for at least 10 Central agencies such as the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW) to access data on a secured platform.
- The data will be procured by NATGRID from 21 providing organisations such as the telecom, tax records, bank, immigration etc.
About National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
- Director– Ram Phal Pawar
- Headquarters– New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Madeline Swegle makes history as U.S. Navy’s first Black female tactical jet pilot
- Navy Lt. j.g. Madeline Swegle is making history by becoming the first known Black female tactical air pilot in the S. Navy’s history.
- Swegle, who graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 2017, will now be able to fly aircrafts like the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, the F-35C Joint Strike Fighter and the EA-18G Growler.
- Swegle is set to receive her “Wings of Gold” on July 31.
Poland’s incumbent Andrzej Duda narrowly wins presidential vote
- Andrzej Duda, Poland’s conservative, populist incumbent, has narrowly won the presidential election.
- Duda, who is backed by the ruling right-wing Law and Justice party (PiS), won 51.21 percent of the vote, while opposition candidate, liberal Warsaw Mayor Rafal Trzaskowski, got 79 percent.
- Capital: Warsaw
- Currency: Polish złoty
Dr. Vidhu P. Nair appointed India’s next Ambassador to Turkmenistan
- Vidhu P. Nair has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Turkmenistan.
- Dr Nair, who is a 2002 batch IFS officer, is presently Director in the External Affairs Ministry.
- Capital: Ashgabat
- Currency: Turkmenistan manat
- President: Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow
Snapdeal’s Kunal Bahl to lead CII’s e-commerce committee
- Snapdeal’s co-founder and CEO, Kunal Bahl, has taken over as the Chairman of CII’s E-Commerce Committee for 2020-21. Urban Company’s co-founder Abhiraj Bhal will co-chair the committee.
- The upcoming E-Commerce Policy, the Consumer Protection Rules and a consistent interpretation of the Intermediary Status of e-commerce platforms figure high on the immediate agenda of the committee.
- The committee will also focus on resolving policy issues that will help accelerate the growth of exports through e-commerce platforms. The promotion of exports through e-commerce is one of the objectives of India’s upcoming e-Commerce policy. Measures to enable protection for gig workers impacted by the business disruption were included as a key priority for the on-going year, stated the release.
- Senior representatives from Amazon, Reliance Jio, Snapdeal, eBay, Nykaa, Swiggy, Uber, Shuttl, The Urban Company, Udaan, Paypal, Pepperfry, PwC, AZB Partners, L&L Partner Law Offices and CII are also part of the CII’s E-Commerce Committee.
Hemang Amin appointed BCCI’s interim CEO
- With former CEO Rahul Johri’s resignation being accepted and him being asked to leave, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to appoint Hemang Amin as the interim CEO of the board. The board employees were informed about the arrangement.
- A functionary stated that it was an apt move at this point in time as Amin has been one of the hardest workers in the BCCI in the last couple of years.
- Johri’s resignation was accepted and a board official in the know of developments had stated that the leak of confidential financial information over a sponsorship deal was like the nail in the coffin as the current dispensation believes in utmost transparency in its functioning.
- President: Sourav Ganguly
- Secretary: Jay Shah
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Indian Teenager Soham Mukherjee Sets Guinness World Record by Jumping Across Ruler 101 Times In 30 Seconds
- An Indian living in the United Arab Emirates Soham Mukherjee sets a Guinness World Record after performing a total of 101 side-to-side hops over a stationery ruler within 30 seconds.
- Soham Mukherjee, a 17-year-old hailing from New Delhi got successful in breaking the previous record of 96 hops in 30 seconds.
ISRO Chief Sivan Named As 2020 Von Karman Award Recipient By IAA, To Be Conferred In March
- ISRO chief Dr Kailasavadivoo Sivan has now been named as the recipient of the 2020 Von Karman Award of the International Academy of Astronautics.
- The award which is the highest distinction of the Academy will be conferred in March 2021 in Paris.
- Charles Elachi was the previous recipient of the award which has been named after Theodore von Karman who was an aerospace engineer and notably known for his key advances in aerodynamics.
- The International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) was also founded by von Karman who was the first President of the organization which is committed to expanding the frontiers in space. The von Karman award was established in 1982 and is the premier award of the Academy. It is given annually to recognize outstanding lifetime achievements in any branch of science without limit of nationality or gender. The award honours the memory of the Academy’s founder and first President, a scientist of the highest international reputation.
- Prior to K Sivan, two Indians namely – Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan and R. Rao – have been recipients of the award.
Shahidul Alam among winners of CPJ’s 2020 International Press Freedom Awards
- Noted Bangladeshi photojournalist and founder of Pathshala Media Institute Shahidul Alam has been announced as one of the winners of the 2020 International Press Freedom Awards.
- The Committee to Protect Journalists will honour Shahidul and three others from Iran, Nigeria, and Russia with the award, CPJ stated in a statement.
- All four awardees have either been arrested or faced criminal prosecution in reprisal for their reporting.
- The other awardees are: Mohammad Mosaed (Iran), a freelance economic reporter who investigates corruption, embezzlement, labour issues, economic sanctions, and popular protests; Dapo Olorunyomi (Nigeria), co-founder, CEO and publisher of the Nigerian newspaper Premium Times, and a fierce defender of press freedom in Nigeria; and Svetlana Prokopyeva (Russia), a regional correspondent for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, known as Radio Svoboda.
- CPJ will also honour lawyer Amal Clooney with the Gwen Ifill Press Freedom Award, given annually by CPJ’s board of directors to recognise extraordinary and sustained commitment to press freedom.
- The winners will be honoured on November 19, 2020, at the CPJ’s annual benefit gala. Patrick Gaspard, president of Open Society Foundations, will chair the event this year, while veteran broadcast journalist Lester Holt will be hosting the programme which will be held virtually due to health and safety restrictions related to Covid-19 pandemic.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Madhya Pradesh tops in implementing Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors Atma Nirbhar Nidhi-PM Swa Nidhi scheme
- Madhya Pradesh has emerged on top in implementing the Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors Atma Nirbhar Nidhi-PM Swa Nidhi scheme. The scheme is being implemented in the state to help the street vendors to continue their business.
- Apart from urban street vendors, a scheme to provide interest free assistance of Rs. 10,000 is being implemented also for the street vendors of rural areas in the state.
- The Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors Nidhi Yojana has been launched to provide benefit to beneficiaries of 378 urban bodies of the state.
- Under the scheme, interest free working capital of 10,000 rupees will be provided for one year. Interest subsidy of 7 percent on loan amount will be borne by the Central Government while the remaining amount will be borne by the State Government.
- A maximum special subsidy of 1200 Rs will also be given in a year on conducting digital transactions.
- On timely repayment of the amount, beneficiaries will be able to get working capital of maximum 20 thousand Rupees in the next year.
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
ISRO to launch Amazonia-1 satellite of Brazil onboard PSLV next month
- The Indian Space Research and Research Organisation (ISRO) gets ready to launch Brazil’s Amazonia -1 satellite next month onboard
- This Brazilian Satellite has been locally designed, assembled and tested in Brazil and will be the first satellite for Earth Observation. It will the primary payload and will not be a hitch-hiking satellite.
- The Amazonia-1 is part of the Framework Agreement signed between India and Brazil in 2004. The agreement deals with cooperation from both countries for outer space, involving their premier space agencies. Under this agreement, Brazil received data from the ISRO remote sensing satellite, the ResourcesSAT-1.
- Particularly, the Amazonia-1 satellite is designed and developed to observe and monitor the deforestation of the Amazon forests. Following the recent forest fires in the Amazon, Brazil urged the launch of the satellite for better observation and monitoring.
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Capital: Brasilia
- President: Jair Bolsonaro
- Currency: Brazilian real
Russian varsity claims successful trials of world’s first Covid-19 vaccine
- A Russian Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University has claimed the clinical trials of the world’s first vaccine against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) on volunteers have been completed successfully.
- The vaccine was produced by Russia’s Gamaleya Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology.
- The trials in the first stage comprised 18 volunteers and the second one involved 20 people. All of them were kept in isolation in a hospital for 28 days.
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian Ruble
- Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin
IIT Kanpur develops UV sanitizing device ‘SHUDH’ to make your room COVID free
- Due to Covid Pandemic People are nowadays afraid of touching anything around, specifically in the areas where masses have to come. To solve this problem Imagineering Laboratory department of IIT Kanpur has developed an Ultraviolet (UV) sanitizing product named SHUDH.
- Smartphone operated Handy Ultraviolet Disinfection Helper that is SHUDH has six UV lights of 15 Watts each that can be individually monitored from a distance.
- Initial testing has proved that the device at its full operation can disinfect a 10×10 squared feet room in about 15 minutes.
- The on/off, speed, and location of the product can be controlled remotely using your available smartphone while installing an android application.
- SHUDH can assist in killing the spread of corona virus at the highly prone places such as hospitals, hotels, malls, offices and schools.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Actor-Singer Divya Chouksey Passes Away Due to Cancer
- Actor Divya Chouksey passed away due to cancer.
- She did an acting course from London and went on to feature in a couple of films and serials. She also rose to fame as a singer.
- Divya had participated in the Miss Universe India pageant in the year 2011. Later, she got featured in music videos, TV shows, and a few films. She also worked in MTV’s Making the Cut 2and True Life. In 2016, she did a film titled Hai Apna Dil Toh Awara along side Student of The Year fame Sahil Anand. Divya also became a singer with her single titled ‘Patiyaale Di Queen.’
Former Telangana minister P Ramaswamy passes away
- Former minister and MP P Ramaswamy passed away.
- He played an active role in the first phase of the Telangana Statehood movement.
DAILY CA 12th & 13th JUL
- National Simplicity Day- 12th july
- Malala Day- 12th july
- NITI Aayog Atal Innovation Mission Launches App Development Module For School Students
- NTPC’s Singrauli Unit 1 emerges top-performing plant in Q1
- NITI Aayog presents India’s second Voluntary National Review at UN, titled ‘Decade of Action: Taking SDGs From Global to Local’
- HSBC India rolls out digital payment products for retail customers
- Visa partners with Federal Bank for rolling out Visa Secure for e-commerce
- Income Tax Department launches tool for Banks to ascertain TDS applicability rates on cash withdrawals
- Signature Global to invest Rs 225 cr in affordable housing project in Gurugram
- BSE, IIT Alumni Council ink pact for listing of start-ups
- Indian GDP to contract 7.5 per cent if COVID vaccine is delayed, 4 per cent in base case: Report
- Qualcomm picks 0.15 per cent stake in Jio for Rs 730 crore
- MP govt begins ‘Mera Ghar Mera Vidyalaya’ scheme to facilitate students
- MP govt to run ‘Roko -Toko’ campaign for those who do not wear masks
- Chhattisgarh organises India’s first e-Lok Adalat
- Rudrendra Tandon is India’s next envoy to Afghanistan, Vikram Doraiswami to move to Dhaka
- Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong returns to power
- Chhattisgarh’s CM Darpan Portal and mobile app get award by IT institution
- Arunachal Pradesh filmmaker Kezang D Thongdok bags Dada Saheb Phalke Award for documentary on honey hunting
- India’s 2018 Tiger Census sets Guinness World Record for being largest camera trapping wildlife survey
- EPS honoured with Paul Harris Fellow recognition
- NTPC Limited wins prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2019
- Elon Musk is the ‘best’ paid CEO, Apple CEO Tim Cook at 2nd spot
- India 2nd- largest source of FDI for Britain
- Ruskin Bond’s ‘A Song of India’, illustrated book out on July 20
- IIT-Delhi develops device to disinfect N-95 masks in 90 minutes
- Odisha university innovates ultraviolet device for sanitisation
- Loyal Textile Mills Limited launched the world’s first reusable PPE with Triple Viral Shield Technology
- Lewis Hamilton takes dominant Styrian Grand Prix win after Ferraris collide
- Hawkins Cookers Chairman Brahm Vasudeva passes away
- Cartoonist Avad Bin Hassan Jami passes away
- Sarbjit actor Ranjan Sehgal passes away
- Veteran Gujarati journalist, columnist, writer Nagindas Sanghvi passes away at 100
DAILY CA 14th JUL
- Govt aims to increase public health expenditure to 2.5% of GDP by 2025
- United Nations organised 2020 Virtual Counter-Terrorism Week from 6-10 July 2020
- Nabard announces 5,000-crore concessional refinance facility
- NHB provides 25,000 crore to housing fin cos as refinance assistance in last 4 months
- Google to invest $10 billion in India over 5-7 years
- RIL first company in India to surpass Rs 12 lakh crore market cap
- India’s GDP likely to contract 4.5% in FY21: FICCI survey
- Motilal Oswal AMC launches Multi Asset Fund
- BuyUcoin Becomes The First Indian Cryptocurrency Exchange To List XinFin Utility Token
- PayU Introduces QR Enabled EFT Solution For Real Time Monitoring Of Bank Transactions
- NATGRID signed MOU with NCRB to access database that links around 14,000 police stations
- Madeline Swegle makes history as U.S. Navy’s first Black female tactical jet pilot
- Poland’s incumbent Andrzej Duda narrowly wins presidential vote
- Vidhu P. Nair appointed India’s next Ambassador to Turkmenistan
- Snapdeal’s Kunal Bahl to lead CII’s e-commerce committee
- Hemang Amin appointed BCCI’s interim CEO
- Indian Teenager Soham Mukherjee Sets Guinness World Record by Jumping Across Ruler 101 Times In 30 Seconds
- ISRO Chief Sivan Named As 2020 Von Karman Award Recipient By IAA, To Be Conferred In March
- Shahidul Alam among winners of CPJ’s 2020 International Press Freedom Awards
- Madhya Pradesh tops in implementing Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors Atma Nirbhar Nidhi-PM Swa Nidhi scheme
- ISRO to launch Amazonia-1 satellite of Brazil onboard PSLV next month
- Russian varsity claims successful trials of world’s first Covid-19 vaccine
- IIT Kanpur develops UV sanitizing device ‘SHUDDH’ to make your room COVID free
- Actor-Singer Divya Chouksey Passes Away Due to Cancer
- Former Telangana minister P Ramaswamy passes away