This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Standards Day
- World Standards Day, also known as International Standards Day, is celebrated on October 14 each year.
- The purpose of the day is to raise awareness about the importance of standardisation to the global economy among the consumers, regulators and industry.
- World Standards Day 2020is themed “Protecting the planet with standards”
National Philately Day being celebrated across country
- The National Philately Day is being celebrated throughout the country on 13th oct. The Philately is the study of postage stamps and postal history.
- The day also marks the collection, appreciation and research activities on stamps and other philatelic products. My Stamp is the brand name for personalized sheets of Postage Stamps of India Post.
- The personalization is achieved by printing a thumb nail image of the customer’s photograph and logos of institutions or images of artwork, heritage buildings, famous tourist places, historical cities, wildlife, other animals and birds on a selected template sheet having Postage Stamps.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
MoRTH enhances allocation of funds for SARDP-NE related works
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has enhanced the allocation of funds for expenditure under Special Accelerated Road Development Programme in North Eastern Areas (SARDP-NE) related works during the current financial year.
- Under the revised allocation, almost double the amount originally allocated has been allowed. Against the earlier Rs 390 crore expenditure envisaged to be incurred from National Investment Fund during 2020-21, a sum of Rs 760 crore has been set aside for the same period. Of this, Rs 300 crore is specifically marked for Arunachal Pradesh package.
- Additionally, the allocations to National Highways in NE Region under 10% mandatory Pool Fund has been on an upward route in the last five years.
- A sum of Rs 4,520 crore was allocated for the year 2016-17, Rs 5,265 crore for the year 2017-18, Rs 6,210 crore for the year 2018-19, Rs 6,070 crore was allocated for the year 2019-20, and Rs 6,780 crore has been allocated for the year 2020-21.
- Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Minister of Shipping andMSME: Nitin Jairam Gadkari
- Constituency: Nagpur, Maharashtra
Atal Innovation Mission collaborates with CGI to promote innovation across schools
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, has signed a Statement of Intent with CGI India in order to promote innovation across the schools.
- Atal Innovation Mission, AIM has collaborated with CGI India which is one among the largest IT and business consulting services firms, for creating a successful and innovative workforce from the Atal Tinkering Lab, ATL schools.
- As part of the Statement of Intent, CGI has agreed to adopt 100 schools with ATLs across Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai to promote and train students. CGI volunteers will coach and mentor students at the ATLs to enhance technical literacy and provide immersive learning experiences to the students through hands-on experience using STEM tools.
- CGI will also conduct training workshops for teachers at select schools on topics such as design thinking, computational thinking, robotics and coding.
- AIM is the flagship programme of the Government that promotes a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship across country. Its ATLs are accessed by over 2.5 million school kids in India. ATL is a dedicated innovation workspace set-up at schools where students get access to do-it-yourself (DIY) kits and learn to tinker and create innovative solutions using the latest technologies.
About Niti Aayog:
- Headquarters:New Delhi
- Narendra Modi, (Chairperson)
- Rajiv Kumar, (Vice Chairperson)
- Amitabh Kant, (CEO)
Trifed in Collaboration with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT, Kanpur to Launch “Tech for Tribals Initiative”
- TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs in collaboration with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT, Kanpur will be launching Tech for Tribals initiative. In order to provide advance level training to the Vandhan tribal beneficiaries, TRIFED has collaborated with MSME through its ESDP scheme for providing skill upgrading and entrepreneurial capacity building support to the Van Dhan tribal beneficiaries to establish their sustainable enterprise.
- The program titled “Tech for Tribals” aims at the holistic development of tribals with a focus on entrepreneurship development, soft skills, IT, and business development through SHGs operating through Van Dhan Kendras (VDVKs).
- The beneficiaries will undergo a 30 days program over six weeks comprising 120 sessions. The training will be initially held from 12th Oct. to 7th Nov., 2020, in which Vandhan beneficiaries across all districts of Chhattisgarh State will be trained on various facets of micro-enterprise creation, management and functioning.
- The training module developed by IIT, Kanpur will be disseminated among beneficiaries in a phased manner through various modes like online lectures and trainings, online activities and gradually move to face to face interactions in class rooms, practical, onsite visits and exposure visits.
- Capital: Raipur
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
About Ministry of Tribal Affairs:
- Arjun Munda, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Khunti
- Renuka Singh Saruta, Minister of State
India among top 3 overseas investment destinations’
- India will be one of the top three overseas investment destinations for the next two-three years, according to a survey by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and EY, which assessed the country’s competitiveness on selected parameters.
- According to the survey, India is the number one choice for future investments for over two-thirds of multinational companies. More than 80% of all respondents and 71% of the non-India headquartered respondents plan to invest globally over the next two-three years and about 30% companies were planning to invest over $500 million each globally.
- It stated new investments will be driven by capacity expansion, digital transformation, research and development and greenfield investments. The respondents stated market potential, skilled workforce and political stability are the top reasons to make India their favoured destination.
- President: Uday Kotak
- Director General: Chandrajit Banerjee
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Nepal Re-Elected To UN Human Rights Council
- Nepal has been re-elected as a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC) in the elections held at UN Headquarters in New York, Nepal’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced.
- Established by the UN General Assembly in 2006 as the principal United Nations entity dealing with human rights, the Human Rights Council consists of 47 elected Member
- The Council seats are allocated, on the basis of equitable geographical distribution, to the five regional groups as follows: the African States, 13 seats; Asia-Pacific States, 13 seats; the Eastern European States, 6 seats; Latin American and Caribbean States, 8 seats; and Western European and other States, 7 seats.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Prime minister: K. P. Sharma Oli
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
About United Nations Human Rights Council:
- Headquarters location: Geneva, Switzerland
- President: Elisabeth Tichy-Fisslberger
World Bank approves USD 12 billion to help developing countries finance coronavirus vaccines
- The World Bank has approved USD 12 billion in financing to help developing countries buy and distribute coronavirus vaccines, tests, and treatments, aiming to support the vaccination of up to 1 billion people.
- The USD 12 billion “envelop” is part of a wider World Bank Group package of up to USD 160 billion to help developing countries fight the COVID-19 pandemic, the bank stated.
- The World Bank stated its COVID-19 emergency response programmes are already reaching 111 countries. Citizens in developing countries also need access to safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines, it stated.
- The International Finance Corporation, the private sector lending arm of the World Bank is investing in vaccine manufacturers through a $4 billion Global Health Platform, the statement stated.
- The World Bank stated it will draw on expertise and experience from its involvement in many large-scale immunization programs and other public health efforts.
- The funding is meant to also help countries access tests and treatments and to support management of supply chains and other logistics for vaccinations in developing countries, the bank stated.
About World Bank:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass
One stillbirth occurs every 16 seconds, according to first ever joint UN estimates
- Almost 2 million babies are stillborn every year – or 1 every 16 seconds – according to the first ever joint stillbirth estimates released by UNICEF, WHO, the World Bank Group and the Population Division of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
- The vast majority of stillbirths, 84 per cent, occur in low- and lower-middle-income countries, according to the new report, A Neglected Tragedy: The Global Burden of Stillbirths. In 2019, 3 in 4 stillbirths occurred in sub-Saharan Africa or Southern Asia. A stillbirth is defined in the report as a baby born with no signs of life at 28 weeks of pregnancy or more.
- The report warns that the COVID-19 pandemic could worsen the global number of stillbirths. A 50 per cent reduction in health services due to the pandemic could cause nearly 200 000 additional stillbirths over a 12-month period in 117 low- and middle-income countries. This corresponds to an increase in the number of stillbirths by 11.1 per cent. According to modeling done for the report by researchers from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 13 countries could see a 20 per cent increase or more in the number of stillbirths over a 12-month period.
- Most stillbirths are due to poor quality of care during pregnancy and birth. Lack of investments in antenatal and intrapartum services and in strengthening the nursing and midwifery workforce are key challenges, the report says.
- Over 40 per cent of stillbirths occur during labour—a loss that could be avoided with access to a trained health worker at childbirth and timely emergency obstetric care. Around half of stillbirths in sub-Saharan Africa and Central and Southern Asia occur during labour, compared to 6 per cent in Europe, Northern America, Australia and New Zealand.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
About World Health Organization:
- Heads: Tedros Adhanom, Soumya Swaminathan, Jane Ellison
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
About United Nations:
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary general: António Guterres
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI raises banks’ aggregate exposure limit for small businesses to Rs 7.5 cr
- The RBI raised banks’ maximum aggregate retail exposure limit to entities with turnover up to Rs 50 crore to Rs 7.5 crore, up from Rs 5 crore.
- The risk weight of 75 per cent will apply to all fresh exposures and also to existing exposures where incremental exposure may be taken by the banks up to the revised limit of Rs 7.5 crore.
- The RBI has also been decided to extend the dispensation of the enhanced Held to Maturity (HTM) limit of 22 per cent for SLR securities acquired between September 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021, up to March 31, 2022.
- RBI has also decided that the enhanced HTM limit would be restored to 19.5 per cent in a phased manner, beginning from the quarter ending June 30, 2022.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Governors: B. P. Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, M. Rajeshwar Rao, and Michael Patra.
Exim Bank’s Government of India supported Line of Credit (LoC) of USD 310 million to the Government of the Republic of Zimbabwe
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) supported Line of Credit (LoC) of USD 310 million for the purpose of financing repowering of Hwange Thermal Power Station in the Republic of Zimbabwe.
- Out of the total credit by Exim Bank under the agreement, goods, works and services of the value of at least 75 per cent of the contract price shall be supplied by the seller from India, and the remaining 25 per cent of goods and services may be procured by the seller for the purpose of the eligible contract from outside India.
- The Agreement under the LoC is effective from September 30, 2020. Under the LoC, the terminal utilization period is 60 months after the scheduled completion date of the project.
About EXIM Bank
- CEO: David Rasquinha
- Founded: 1 January 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Capital: Harare
- President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
- Currencies: United States Dollar
India’s economy to shrink 10.3% in 2020, will register 8.8% growth in 2021: IMF
- The Indian economy, severely hit by the coronavirus pandemic, is projected to contract by a massive 10.3 per cent this year, report by the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- However, India is likely to bounce back with an impressive 8.8 per cent growth rate in 2021, thus regaining the position of the fastest growing emerging economy, surpassing China’s projected growth rate of 8.2 per cent, the IMF said in its latest ‘World Economic Outlook’ report.
- Global growth would contract by 4.4 per cent this year and bounce back to 5.2 per cent in 2021.
- Last week, the World bank said India’s GDP this fiscal is expected to contract by 9.6 per cent.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C. U.S
- Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva
- Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
BBNL Taps Hughes India to Connect 5,000 Panchayats with Satellite Broadband
- Hughes Communications India Private Limited (‘Hughes India’), a majority-owned subsidiary of Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES), the global enabler in broadband satellite networks and services, has announced its selection by Bharat Broadband Nigam Limited (BBNL) and Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd.(TCIL) to provide high–speed satellite connectivity to 5,000 remote gram panchayats.
- Hughes India will enable Internet service for each gram panchayat using capacity from ISRO’s GSAT-19 and GSAT-11 satellites with the Hughes JUPITER™ System, the de facto standard for satellite broadband implementations, in use on more than 40 satellites worldwide.
- The awards are part of the government’s flagship BharatNet Programme to provide broadband connectivity to all 250,000 gram panchayats throughout India.
TCS surpasses Accenture to become most-valuable IT services firm globally
- Tata Consultancy Services became the world’s most valuable IT services company, overtaking Accenture in market capitalisation, with IBM at third place. The tables have turned since 2018, when IBM was in first place, Accenture second and TCS third.
- TCS is the second most valued company across sectors in India, just behind Reliance Industries. Earlier this week, TCS also became the second Indian to cross a market capitalisation of Rs 10 lakh crore.
- TCS has seen its market cap go by more than 20% in just the last two weeks, on the back of its Q2 results, Rs 16,000 crore share buyback and its outlook.
- “TCS impressed with revenue growth of 4.8 per cent quarter-on-quarter. Broad-based growth across geographies and verticals indicates healthy recovery across segments,” stated a report by Motilal Oswal Research.
- CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Mastercard partners Indian start-up Signzy for global rollout of Video KYC
- Mastercard, a global technology company in the payments industry, has partnered with Signzy, a RegTech startup based in India, for global rollout of Signzy’s video-based KYC (Know Your Customer) solution for its banking customers.
- With this partnership, Mastercard customers will benefit from a completely paperless, remote and secure onboarding solution for end-users. It maybe recalled that Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had in January this year amended its KYC norms allowing banks and other lending institutions regulated by it to use Video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP), a move which will help them onboard customers.
- Signzy’s Video KYC solution will enable end-users to complete and submit their KYC application from the safety and security of their homes. This would be 99 per cent faster than the traditional paper-based KYC process. Signzy is an Artificial Intelligence-powered Robotic Process Automation platform for financial services.
- CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga
- Headquarters: New York, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Haryana gets a water testing lab on wheels
- Haryana chief minister (CM) Manohar Lal Khattar launched a Rs 99-lakh mobile water testing laboratory that is fully equipped with the latest multi-parameter systems to determine the quality of potable water.
- The van will be stationed at the state water testing laboratory in Karnal but its area of operation will stretch throughout the state.
- It is equipped with features such as GPS, and can measure different water quality parameters such as pH, alkalinity, dissolved solids, hardness, residual chlorine, zink, nitrite, fluoride, turbidity and micro-biological test of water samples.
- The objective of this facility is to provide easy access for water testing in remote locations of the state and also help identify the water-quality problems on the spot.
- The CM also launched the ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’, a two-week cleanliness drive, from Panchkula. The focus of the drive this time would be on cleaning sewerage systems and ponds.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
AAI to develop greenfield airport at Hollongi by November 2022
- State-run Airports Authority of India stated that it will develop a greenfield airport at Arunachal Pradesh’s Hollongi, near Itanagar, which is expected to be completed by November 2022.
- This airport, when operational, will service Arunachal Pradesh’s capital Itanagar. The closest airport to the state capital is currently Lilabari airport in Assam, situated 80 kilometres away.
- The upcoming airport project is expected to cost about 650 crore to develop, which includes construction of airport pavements, air side work, terminal building, city side works, ATC (Air Traffic control Tower), Fire station, Medical Centre and other ancillary works.
- “With an area of 4100 sqm, the new domestic terminal building of the Hollongi Airport will be able to handle 200 passengers during peak hours. Equipped with eight check-in counters, the terminal building will have all modern passenger facilities,” AAI stated.
- “The terminal will be an energy efficient building provisioned with Rain Water Harvesting system and sustainable landscape,” it added.
About Arunachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Itanagar
- Governor :B. D. Mishra
- Chief Minister: Pema Khandu
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Shri Pradeep Kumar Rawat has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Netherlands
- Shri Pradeep Kumar Rawat, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Netherlands.
- Presently, He is the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Indonesia.
- Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
Karnataka Bank appoints new Additional Director
- Karnataka Bank has appointed Uma Shankar as Additional Director (non-executive, independent) at its board meeting. The appointment will be effective from November 1.
- Uma Shankar is a former Executive Director of Reserve Bank of India (RBI). She was with the RBI for over 37 years in different capacities. Her core competence is in the financial sector supervision, but she has also been responsible for currency management, foreign exchange and internal accounting and administration.
- Mahabaleshwara MS, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the bank, stated that with the induction of Uma Shankar to the board, eight out of 11 directors are Independent Directors and there will be two women directors on the board of the bank.
About Karnataka Bank:
- Headquarters: Mangalore
- CEO: Mahabaleshwara M. S
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Fifth meeting of BRICS energy ministers to start under Russia’s chairmanship
- The fifth energy ministers’ meeting of the BRICS group of countries, namely Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, will take place under Russia’s presidency in the association.
- The meeting, which starts virtually at 11 am (local time), will be chaired by Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak. The ministers will discuss coordination of international efforts on overcoming the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic in the energy sector as well as the expansion of cooperation within BRICS.
- The sides plan to touch upon the future development of the BRICS Platform for Energy Studies, launched last year at Russia’s initiative.
- The BRICS ministers will also come up with a road map for the development of energy cooperation until 2025.
- Capital: Moscow
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Currency: Russian ruble
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IMD launches impact-based cyclone warning system
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has launched a dynamic, impact-based cyclone warning system aimed at minimising economic losses and damage to property from cyclones that hit the country’s coasts every year.
- It is presented at the World Space Week celebrations organised by the Delhi chapter of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing recently.
- IMD has been giving a warning about the kind of damage that can be expected. But now it would issue district or location-specified/tailored warnings and factor in infrastructure, local population, settlements, land use as well as other elements.
- Founded: 1875
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director General: Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
Microsoft alerts Android users of new ransomware that could render smartphone useless
- Microsoft is responsible for locating and dealing with potentially dangerous malwares on their own Windows operating system. However, the tech company claims that they try to use their expertise to provide benefits to operating systems beyond their own. According to the company’s cybersecurity blog, Android users should be aware of the new and evolving malwares that target the operating system.
- Microsoft claims that this new mobile ransomware was detected by Microsoft Defender for Endpoint as AndroidOS/MalLocker.B. This new malware is the latest variant of a ransomware family that’s been in the wild for a while but has been evolving non-stop, according to the blog.
- The ransomware, according to Microsoft, masks itself as popular apps, cracked game or video players. It is known to be found on arbitrary websites which are circulated on online forums. The new malware is specially dangerous as the software company claims that despite being malicious in many ways, it was able to dodge the existing protections and showed a low detection rate against security solutions.
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
After Nearly 125 Years, Rare Day Flying Moth ‘Achelura Bifasciata’ Sighted in Uttarakhand
- Arun Gour, an enthusiastic lepidopterist who spotted a rare day flying moth named as ‘Achelura bifasciata’ in Devalsari of Tehri district in This moth was spotted after 125 years it was last reported in the forest of Nainital.
- Achelura bifasciata is usually found in the Himalayan belt and its presence in Uttarakhand has been mentioned in old records from Nainital, reported by G F Hampson- a Briton, in a moth book that he wrote in 1893.
- Interestingly, many moths and butterflies are the same. However, there are a couple of striking differences between the both- butterflies typically have larger and colorful patterns on their wings whereas moths have drab colored and smaller wings.
- Secondly, butterflies fly during day time while various types of moths fly during night time. Though some species like ‘Achelura bifasciata’ fly during day time like butterflies.
- Capital: Gairsain (summer),Dehradun (winter)
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Chief Minister:Trivendra Singh Rawat (BJP)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Nagaland Minister CM Chang passes away Coronavirus At 77
- Senior Nagaland minister CM Chang passed away of COVID-19.
- CM Chang, who was the Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Justice and Law.
- The Nagaland minister was a ruling NDPP legislator from the Noksen seat. He was elected to the Lok Sabha in 2009 and had served the state government in various capacities as an IAS officer.
Bihar Minister Vinod Singh passes away
- Bihar Minister for Backward and Extremely Backward Classes Welfare Vinod Singh passed away.
- Singh, 50, was BJP MLA from Pranpur Assembly constituency of Katihar district in northeast Bihar. He has been elected MLA thrice from the constituency.
Charlie Moore, 1952 Olympic 400 hurdles champion, passes away
- Carlie Moore, the 400-meter hurdles champion at the 1952 Helsinki Olympics, has passed away. He was 91.
- Moore won the 400 hurdles in the rain in 1952 in 50.8 seconds to tie the Olympic record he set in the quarterfinals. Moore also earned a silver medal in Helsinki on the United States’ 1,600-meter relay team.
- He was inducted into Cornell’s Athletic Hall of Fame in 1978 and the USA Track and Field Hall in 1999.
Revolutionary Balladeer Vangapandu Prasada Rao passes away
- A revolutionary balladeer and lyricist, Vangapandu Prasada Rao passed away in the early hours at his residence in Parvathipuram, Vizianagaram District of Andhra Pradesh.
- Vangapandu tried to portray the inequalities in society and voiced the backward condition of North Coastal Andhra. He mostly enacted his folk songs as Street Plays.
- He penned and enacted in several folk songs in several Telugu films and worked as lyricist for Ardharatri Swatantram, Poru Telangana and Rythu Rajyam.
DAILY CA 13th OCT
- World Arthritis Day (WAD)- 12th oct
- International Day for Disaster Reduction- 13th oct
- Central govt employees can now get Rs 10,000 interest-free advance
- Rajnath Singh Lays Foundation Stone For Nechiphu Tunnel In Arunachal Pradesh
- PM Modi to release autobiography of Dr. Balasaheb Vikhe Patil
- India’s sulfur dioxide emissions see first decline in 4 years
- Indian, Taiwanese think tanks join hands to foster cooperation in Indo-Pacific region
- Seventh round of military level talks between India & China underway to de-escalate tension along LAC
- India donates 1.8 million N95 masks to Philadelphia
- FATF’s Asia Pacific Group keeps Pakistan on ‘enhanced follow-up list’ for slow progress against terror financing
- In a world first, iodine sanitisers to hit Indian market soon
- Axis Bank collaborates with Google Pay, Visa to launch a new ACE Credit card
- ADB, India Sign $270 Million Loan to Improve Urban Services in 64 Madhya Pradesh Small Cities
- Exim Bank extends $400 mn soft loan to Maldives for connectivity project
- ADB approves 300 million US dollar loan to finance water supply, sanitation infrastructure in Rajasthan
- Paytm Payment Gateway launches same-day bank settlement
- Microsoft collaborates with AICTE to upskill students, educators in next-gen tech
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath To Launch Mission Shakti For Women
- NIT Tiruchirappalli signs MoU with C-DAC Pune for installing state of art super computer
- Reserve Bank of India reallocates portfolios of deputy governors
- Indian-origin Srikant Datar named Dean of Harvard Business School
- ICICI Securities appoints Subhash Kelkar as Chief Technology & Digital Officer
- SVYM and GRAAM founder appointed to SEBI committee
- American economists awarded Nobel Prize in economics for work on auction theory
- 7th Justice Ministers’ Meeting of SCO Member States to be hosted by Ravi Shankar Prasad on Oct 16
- DRDO fires Nirbhay cruise missile into sea
- India Ranks 129th in Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index
- New perennial woody herb species spotted in Kerala
- NBA finals 2020: Los Angeles Lakers beat Miami Heat to clinch title
DAILY CA 14th OCT
- World Standards Day- 14th oct
- National Philately Day being celebrated across country- 13th oct
- MoRTH enhances allocation of funds for SARDP-NE related works
- Atal Innovation Mission collaborates with CGI to promote innovation across schools
- Trifed in Collaboration with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT, Kanpur to Launch “Tech for Tribals Initiative
- Nepal Re-Elected To UN Human Rights Council
- World Bank approves USD 12 billion to help developing countries finance coronavirus vaccines
- One stillbirth occurs every 16 seconds, according to first ever joint UN estimates
- RBI raises banks’ aggregate exposure limit for small businesses to Rs 7.5 cr
- Exim Bank’s Government of India supported Line of Credit (LoC) of USD 310 million to the Government of the Republic of Zimbabwe
- India’s economy to shrink 10.3% in 2020, will register 8.8% growth in 2021: IMF
- BBNL Taps Hughes India to Connect 5,000 Panchayats with Satellite Broadband
- TCS surpasses Accenture to become most-valuable IT services firm globally
- Mastercard partners Indian start-up Signzy for global rollout of Video KYC
- Haryana gets a water testing lab on wheels
- AAI to develop greenfield airport at Hollongi by November 2022
- Shri Pradeep Kumar Rawat has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Netherlands
- Karnataka Bank appoints new Additional Director
- India among top 3 overseas investment destinations’
- Fifth meeting of BRICS energy ministers to start under Russia’s chairmanship
- IMD launches impact-based cyclone warning system
- Microsoft alerts Android users of new ransomware that could render smartphone useless
- After Nearly 125 Years, Rare Day Flying Moth ‘Achelura Bifasciata’ Sighted in Uttarakhand
- Nagaland Minister CM Chang passes away Coronavirus
- Bihar Minister Vinod Singh passes away
- Charlie Moore, 1952 Olympic 400 hurdles champion, passes away
- Revolutionary Balladeer Vangapandu Prasada Rao passes away