This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Patient Safety Day: 17 September
- Recognizing patient safety as a global health priority, all 194 WHO Member States at the 72nd World Health Assembly, in May 2019, endorsed the establishment of World Patient Safety Day (Resolution WHA72.6), to be marked annually on 17 September.
- The objectives of World Patient Safety Day are to increase public awareness and engagement, enhance global understanding, and spur global solidarity and action to promote patient safety
- Theme: Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety
- Slogan: Safe health workers, Safe patients
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi to dedicate historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu to the Nation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall dedicate to the nation the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu (mega bridge) to the Nation through video-conference.
- Apart from this the Prime Minister shall also inaugurate 12 rail projects related to passenger facilities for the benefit of the Bihar State. These include a new railway bridge on the Kiul River, two new railway lines, 5 Electrification projects, one Electric Locomotive Shed and 3rd Line Project between Barh-Bakhtiyarpur.
- In 1887, a meter gauge link was built in between Nirmali and Bhaptiahi (Saraigarh). During the heavy flood and severe Indo Nepal earthquake in 1934, the rail link was washed away and thereafter due to meandering nature of river Kosi no attempt was made to restore this Rail link for long period.
- The Kosi Mega Bridge line project was sanctioned by Government of India during 2003-04. The Kosi Rail Mahasetu is 1.9 KM long and its construction cost is 516 Crore. This bridge is of strategic importance along the India-Nepal border. The project was completed during the COVID-Pandemic where the migrant labour also participated in its completion.
Parliament passes Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill 2020
- The Bill was earlier passed in Lok Sabha on 19th March, 2020. This paves the way to establish a state-of-the-art Ayurvedic institution called the Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda (ITRA) at Jamnagar, Gujarat, and to confer the status of Institution of National Importance (INI) to it.
- The ITRA is sought to be established by conglomerating the presently existing Ayurveda institutes at Gujarat Ayurved University campus Jamnagar. This is a cluster of highly reputed institutions, namely, (a) Institute for Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda, (b) Shree GulabKunverba Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, and (c) Institute of Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical sciences, (d) MaharshiPatanjali Institute for Yoga Naturopathy Education & Research (to be made part of the Department of Swasthvritta of the proposed ITRA). These institutions had come up over the past many decades, and together made a unique family of Ayurveda institutions existing in close proximity.
- ITRA will be the first institution with INI status in the AYUSH Sector, and this will enable the institution to be independent and innovative in the matter deciding course content and pedagogy. The decision comes at a time when global interest in health solutions based on traditional wisdom is at an unprecedentedly high level and ITRA is poised to take Ayurveda education to new vistas.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Israel, U.A.E. and Bahrain Sign Accords, With an Eager Trump Playing Host
- Israel and two Arab nations signed agreements at the White House to normalize their relations, a step toward a realignment of the Middle East but one that failed to address the future of the Palestinians.
- President Trump presided over a South Lawn ceremony where Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel and the foreign ministers of Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates signed a general declaration of principles the White House has named the Abraham Accords, after the biblical father of three monotheistic religions, as well individual agreements between Israel and the two Arab states.
- The texts of the agreements detail how the three countries will open embassies and establish other new diplomatic and economic ties, including tourism, technology and energy. Israel and the Emirates are beginning commercial air travel between their countries for the first time, and Bahrain has opened its airspace for those flights.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Currency: New shekel
- Capital: Manama
- Currency: Bahraini dinar
- King: Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Volvo Car India Partnered With HDFC Bank To Launch Volvo Car Financial Services
- Volvo Car India has introduced Volvo Car Financial Services in collaboration with HDFC Bank to enable buyers to receive easy finance for a Volvo car of their choice.
- Loans can be availed for upto 7 years. There is also an option to finance insurance, extended warranty, service package and accessories.
- Volvo Car Financial Services allows a faster loan approval and a uniform processing fee, giving a hassle-free finance experience to buyers.
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
About Volvo Car India
- Headquarters: Gothenburg, Sweden
- CEO: Martin Lundstedt
Irdai to develop standardised products for bridging protection gap
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) is looking to come out with a series of standardised products for various sectors so that the protection quotient in each segment can be increased significantly.
- It is developing a standard term product in the life insurance space, and two offerings in the MSME segment–one for micro enterprises, the other for small industries.
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
IDFC Mutual Fund launches ‘SIP in Fixed Income’ campaign
- IDFC Mutual Fund has started a new campaign called SIFI or `SIP in Fixed Income’ to make investors more aware about the benefits of investing in fixed income products via Systematic Investment Plans.
- Many investors use SIP to invest into mutual funds, especially equity funds, as it allows to them invest regularly wihout bothering about volatility or prevailing market conditions. However, since debt mutual funds are realtively less volatile than equity mutual funds, SIP investing is not very prevalent among debt mutual fund investors.
- Investors should instead have a SIP in Fixed Income (SIFI), as it could help cushion the fall during downturns in equity markets when SIP returns in equity turn negative, thereby playing an important part in balancing your allocation
IDFC Mutual Fund’s SIFI initiative aims to inform investors how a combination of equity and debt SIPs can help them navigate troubled times.
About IDFC MF
- CEO: Vikram Limaye
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Canara Bank introduces i-Lead 2.0 to boost customer services
- Canara Bank has launched lead management system (LMS) – i-Lead 2.0 (Inspiring Leads System version 2.0).
- This new initiative is being introduced with the motive of building and sustaining business relationships with both new customers to bank and existing customers to bank.
- Through LMS, customers can enquire and get services rendered through simple modes such as internet banking, mobile banking, call centre, SMS and missed call.
- A unique reference number will be generated, which is communicated to the customers at the time of lead generation from above sources.
- Along with that, SMS/notifications are triggered to the customer at every stage of the lead cycle (from lead generation to lead closure).
About Canara Bank
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- CEO: Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
HDFC Bank launches video KYC facility for savings, salary accounts and personal loans
- HDFC Bank launched its Video KYC (Know Your Customer) facility for Savings and Corporate Salary accounts and Personal Loans.
- After a successful completion of the pilot project, the bank deployed its consent-based Video KYC facility as an alternate method of establishing the prospective customer’s identity during account opening process.
- The new video KYC facility was a result of agile pods which consisted members from its Branch Banking, Digital Banking and Retail assets.
- The Video KYC process is online, secure and quick, the bank said adding that customers can now sit in their home or office and open a full KYC – all benefits account in HDFC Bank in a few minutes. It is a paperless, contactless, and recorded interaction between a bank official and the customer.
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
StanChart launches online remittance service
- Standard Chartered Bank, India, announced the launch of its online remittance service solution for both outward and inward remittances.
- The outward remittance online service will enable clients to transfer funds overseas using their laptops or mobile phones. Through this facility, Resident Indians, Expats working in India and Non-Resident Indians (NRI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) can send funds overseas from India. This facility enables resident clients to make a remittance under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme without visiting the branches, it stated.
- The inward remittance option will be available for existing NRI clients through the bank’s internet banking platform, it further stated.
About Standard Chartered Bank:
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- CEO: Bill Winters
ADB, JICA to fund ORR-Airport Metro rail connectivity
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) agreed to invest $500 million to Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation’s (BMRCL) line linking Central Silk Board Junction to Kempegowda International Airport — ORR-Airport Metro – Phase-2A and 2B.
- “Funding from the external agency is to build metro rail project Phase-2A and 2B. The total cost for airport linkage is estimated at Rs.14,844 crore. The ADB funding is part-finance of the project cost. In addition to ADB, BMRCL is getting around $500 million funding from Japan International Cooperation Agency(JICA),” stated a senior BMRCL official.
- For the 56-km ORR-Airport Metro, Karnataka government is looking for sovereign guarantee lending through ADB and JICA.
- “ORR-Airport Metro connectivity line will have 30 stations, with 28 elevated and two at the Airport Terminal. Also two depots — one new depot and upgradation of an existing depot,” the official stated.
- For ADB this is the second funding to BMRCL. Earlier, the agency had funded $250 million to commence Metro corporation’s construction during phase I . The earlier funds were through non-sovereign guarantees.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Founded: 19 December 1966
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Karnataka CM launches ‘Arthika Spandana’ loan disbursal scheme
- Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa launched the “Arthika Spandana” programme of disbursing loans to the tune of 39,300 crore through various cooperative institutions.
- Under this scheme, 15,300 crore would be disbursed to the agriculture sector while a sum of Rs.24,000 crore would be earmarked for the non-agricultural sector.
- The Centre had granted Rs.4,525 crore to the State to for strengthening farmers’ producers’ organisations and primary agricultural cooperatives, among others. Under the scheme, the primary agricultural cooperatives would be upgraded as multi-service centres.
- The department had set a target of disbursing crop loans to the tune of Rs.15,300 crore this year. So far, Rs.7,929.30 crore had been disbursed to 12.11 lakh farmers at zero and 3 per cent interest rates.
- The government had recently released 1,885 crore as incentive to dairy farmers at a rate of Rs.5 per litre. Similarly a new scheme had been taken up to provide loans at zero per cent interest rate to dairy farmers and fishermen.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
Govt launches road accident insurance scheme named after Balasaheb Thackeray
- Maharashtra state government launched a new road accident insurance scheme named after late Shiv Sena chief Balasaheb Thackeray, to provide timely treatment to victims that could help to reduce the fatality rate.
- Under the Balasaheb Thackeray Accidental Insurance Scheme, an accident victim will be provided treatment in nearby hospitals in the first 72 hours of the incident.
- Treatment up to Rs 30,000 will be provided free of charge from about 74 treatment procedures, including treatment in the intensive care unit (ICU) and ward, fractures as well as meals in the hospital.
- An accident victim of any state or the country can avail the benefits of the scheme if he or she meets with a road accident within Maharashtra.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
UP govt decides to give cows to families with malnourished children
- Uttar Pradesh government has decided to give cows to the families with malnourished children, which will ensure availability of milk for them. The step taken under the ‘Poshan Abhiyan’ campaign will help in bringing down the level of malnourishment among children and women in the state.
- The State Government has decided to give cattle from its cow shelters in the state under the Chief Minister Destitute Cow Participation Scheme to the families which have malnourished children or women as cow milk will be extremely useful in removing malnutrition.
- The cows will be given to the families who are willing to keep them and also have available space for them. If the family wishes so, it will also be given an opportunity to choose a cow at the cow shelter. An amount of 30 rupees per day will also be given through DBT to the family for taking care of the cow.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
HCL and Google Cloud expand partnership to deliver accelerated business intelligence platform
- HCL Technologies and Google Cloud announced the expansion of their strategic partnership to bring HCL’s Actian portfolio, starting with Actian Avalanche, to Google Cloud.
- Actian Avalanche is a high-performance hybrid cloud data warehouse designed to power an enterprise’s most demanding operational analytics workloads.
- Actian Avalanche enables a seamless path to migrate legacy data warehouses, including IBM Netezza and Oracle Exadata, to Google Cloud, through a hybrid-cloud offering leveraging Google Cloud’s Anthos application platform.
About HCL Technologies:
- CEO: C Vijayakumar
- Headquarters: Noida
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
ICICI Bank to seek approval to appoint Sandeep Batra as whole-time director
- ICICI Bank will resume seeking approval from RBI for the appointment of Sandeep Batra as a whole-time director (designated as Executive Director) of the Bank.
- The appointment should be for a period of five years or date of retirement, whichever is earlier, effective from September 17, 2020, or the date of approval from RBI, whichever is later.
About ICICI Bank
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Narendra Tomar replaces Harsimrat Badal as Minister of Food Processing Industries
- President of India Ram Nath Kovind has accepted minister of food processing industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal’s resignation from the Union Cabinet and directed that Narendra Singh Tomar be assigned the additional charge of the ministry.
- “The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has accepted the resignation of Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal from the Union Council of Ministers, with immediate effect, under clause (2) of Article 75 of the Constitution,” the communique issued stated.
- “Further, as advised by the Prime Minister, The President has directed that Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Cabinet Minister, be assigned the charge of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, in addition to his existing portfolios,” it added.
- The minister’s party Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) opposed the farm-relation legislations but stated it will continue to be a part of the ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Rome’s Fiumicino Airport awarded world’s first five-star anti-Covid award
- Rome’s Fiumicino Airport has become the first airport in the world to earn “the COVID-19 5-Star Airport Rating” from Skytrax, an international airport industry ratings body.
- Though Skytrax is best known for its annual rankings of the world’s best airports, the global Covid-19 crisis prompted the organization to come up with a designation for airport hygiene.
- Fiumicino Airport (FCO), also known as Leonardo Da Vinci International Airport, is the busiest airport in Italy.
- In addition to FCO’s five-star ranking, three other airports have been awarded three stars for their Covid response — Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport (AGP) in Spain, Nice Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) in France and London’s Heathrow (LHR).
Michelin-star Chef Vikas Khanna Honoured For Feeding Millions In India Amid COVID-19
- Miichelin-star chef Vikas Khanna will be honoured with the prestigious 2020 Asia Game Changer Award for feeding millions across India amid the COVID-19 pandemic through a massive food distribution drive that he coordinated, thousands of miles away from his Manhattan home.
- The Asia Game Changer Awards, launched by the Asia Society — a US-based non-profit organisation — in 2014, identify and honour true leaders who make a positive contribution to the future of Asia.
- Khanna, is the only Indian among the six honourees named by the leading organisation. Preeminent cellist Yo-Yo Ma, tennis champion Naomi Osaka, Korean boy band BTS, producer of Oscar-winning film ‘Parasite’ Miky Lee and business leaders and philanthropists Joe and Clara Tsai are the honourees of the Asia Game Changer Awards “for their responses to the year’s twin traumas of COVID-19 and racially motivated violence”.
- Khanna’s #FeedIndia initiative has distributed 35 million meals, including cooked and dry ration, as well as 500,000 slippers, 3.5 million sanitary pads, two millions masks and other essential supplies across hundreds of cities throughout India.
Indian teenager named by UN to 2020 Class of Young Leaders for SDGs
- Udit Singhal, an 18-year-old youngster from India has been named by the United Nations to the 2020 cohort of young leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals, the highest-profile recognition opportunity at the world body for youngsters who are leading efforts to combat the world’s most pressing issues.
- Singhal has been named to the 2020 Class of 17 Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). He is the founder of Glass2Sand, a zero-waste ecosystem that addresses the growing menace of glass waste in Delhi.
- The young leaders — between the ages of 18 and 29 years old — represent the diverse voices of young people from every region of the world, and are collectively responsible for activating millions of young people in support of the SDGs.
- The 2020 Class of 17 Young Leaders includes representatives from Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Ireland, Liberia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Senegal, Turkey, Uganda and the United States.
About United Nations:
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945,
- Secretary general: António Guterres
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
10th virtual meeting of BRICS NSAs to be held virtually
- 10th Meeting of the BRICS High Representatives on National Security chaired by Russia, will be held via video link.
- The National Security Advisors of the BRICS nations will deliberate upon the issues related to strengthening political security and cooperation among the five countries.
- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin confirmed participation of Yang Jiechi, Director of the Office of the Foreign Affairs Commission of the CPC Central Committee, in meeting.
- India, Russia and China are members of BRICS, SCO and RIC and act as platform for mutual trust building and cooperation. This year Russia is chair of BRICS and SCO.
- BRICS is the acronym coined for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. The BRICS members are known for their significant influence on regional affairs. Since 2009, the BRICS nations have met annually at formal summits.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
AZADI Freedom. Fascism. Fiction by Arundhati Roy
- Arundhati Roy’s new book titled AZADI Freedom. Fascism. Fiction and is published by Penguin Books Limited.
- ‘Azadi!’ – Urdu for ‘freedom’ – is the iconic chant of the Kashmiri freedom struggle.
- Arundhati Roy is the author of the novel The God of Small Things, for which she was awarded the Booker Prize in 1997, and two collections of essays: The Algebra of Infinite Justice and An Ordinary Person’s Guide to Empire. She lives in New Delhi, India
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Ashok Leyland, Hindustan Zinc team up with IIT-M to develop Zinc air battery
- Truck major Ashok Leyland and Hindustan Zinc have (separately) joined hands with IIT-Madras in the technology institute’s endeavour to develop a Zinc air battery.
- While Lithium-ion batteries are the darling of the energy storage industry today, they pose challenges such as concentration of raw material source with a handful of countries, high charging time and safety issues in hot climates. (Technologies for fast charging are coming up, but they are expensive.) Therefore, a worldwide search is under way for a good alternative. Sodium-ion, iron-ion and metal air batteries are the emerging candidates.
- At the heart of the battery is the Zinc anode which can be taken out once the battery discharges its power, and replaced. The cathode of the battery is, as for metal air batteries, air. Zinc reacts with the Oxygen in the air to deliver electricity, and becomes Zinc oxide. In an external contrivance, which could be solar-powered, Oxygen is kicked out of the Zinc oxide and the metal is won back —a process called ‘electrowinning’.
About Ashok Leyland:
- CEO: Vipin Sondhi
- Headquarters: Chennai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Indian Cities Slip In Global Smart City Index, Singapore On Top
- The Institute for Management Development, in collaboration with Singapore University for Technology and Design, has released the 2020 Smart City Index, with key findings on how technology is playing a role in the Covid-19 era.
- In the 2020 Smart City Index, Hyderabad was placed at the 85th position (down from 67 in 2019), New Delhi at 86th rank (down from 68 in 2019), Mumbai was at 93rd place (in 2019 it was at 78) and Bengaluru at 95th (79 in 2019).
- The 2020 Smart City Index was topped by Singapore, followed by Helsinki and Zurich in the second and the third place respectively. Others in the top 10 list include Auckland (4th), Oslo (5th), Copenhagen (6th), Geneva (7th), Taipei City (8th), Amsterdam (9th) and New York at the 10th place.
Lionel Messi Remains Ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo as World’s Richest Footballer
- According to a list compiled by Forbes, Messi’s total earnings this year are 126 million dollars – 92 million dollars from his salary and 34 million dollars in endorsements. Not surprisingly Cristiano Ronaldo comes in second although earnings of 117 million dollars will soften the blow for the Juventus forward, as will his status as the most followed soccer player in the world on social media.
- Neymar comes in third on the Forbes list (96 million dollars) with his Paris St Germain team mate, 21-year-old Kylian Mbappe, up in fourth spot (42 million dollars).
- The Premier League remains the world’s richest domestic soccer league but only two of its outfield players feature in the top 10 of the wealth table – Liverpool’s title-winning striker Mohamed Salah in fifth spot (37 million dollars) and Manchester United’s midfielder Paul Pogba (34 million dollars) in sixth. Pogba’s team mate, keeper David de Gea (27 million dollars) is 10th.
- Barcelona’s Antoine Griezmann was seventh and Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale eighth. Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski, the only Bundesliga player, in ninth.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Neymar banned for 2 matches, Layvin Kurzawa banned for 6 matches
- Layvin Kurzawa comes away with the biggest suspension, and will miss 6 matches, after kicking Jordan Amavi. The Marseille man receives a 3-match suspension. Dario Benedetto is the other OM player to receive a suspension, receiving a 1-match ban.
- Neymar is banned for 2 matches (+ 1 with a suspended sentence) after hitting Alvaro Gonzalez on the head – Leandro Paredes has received the exact same sanction.
- Finally, the LFP have opened an investigation into Neymar’s claims that Alvaro Gonzalez used racist language towards him.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Rajya Sabha MP Ashok Gasti passes away
- First-time Rajya Sabha MP from Karnataka Ashok Gasti, after testing positive for Covid-19, passed away. He was 55.
- Gasti, a lawyer by profession and former general secretary of BJP’s Other Backward Classes (OBC) Cell, was also a former chairperson of the Backward Class Development Corporation in Karnataka.
Amitabha Ghosh, who served as RBI governor for 21 days, passes away at 90
- Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Governor for 21 days, Amitabha Ghosh, passed away at the age of 90.
- Ghosh had the shortest stint as RBI governor, from January 15, 1985 to February 4, 1985, which was a stop-gap arrangement while Ghosh was serving as a deputy governor and waiting to hand over charge to the 17th RBI Governor R N Malhotra. After handing over the charge, Ghosh returned to his position as deputy governor.
- Prior to joining the RBI, Ghosh was the chairman of Allahabad Bank.
DAILY CA 17th SEP
- Cabinet approves establishment of new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Darbhanga, Bihar
- Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor gets nod from cabinet
- PM Garib Kalyan Package Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19’ extended for another 6 months
- Lok Sabha passes bill to cut salaries of MPs by 30%
- Lok Sabha passes Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill
- India joins Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment as Observer
- Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB) releases report ‘A WORLD IN DISORDER’
- Titan with SBI launches first contactless payment watches
- Mastercard (MA) Rolls Out Premium Debit Card With SBM Bank
- TPCI announces sectoral committees to tap new markets & investment
- Tata Projects wins bid to construct new parliament building
- UBS Securities sees GDP contracting 8.6 per cent this fiscal
- TN to launch SkillTech varsity for varied courses
- Telangana Minister Launches Farm Cooperative Society Website
- Amazon signs up Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan as new Alexa voice
- Online poker platform 9stacks signs Suresh Raina as brand ambassador
- Vice-President to inaugurate CII global Ayurveda summit
- India ranks 116th in World Bank’s Human Capital Index
- Delhi Metro develops indigenous signalling technology under ‘Make in India’
- CSIR Collaborates With Aurobindo Pharma To Develop COVID-19 Vaccines
- Thomas and Uber Cup Finals postponed to 2021 by BWF
- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes second men’s player to score 100 international goals
- Former India Test Cricketer Sadashiv Patel passes away at 86
- Arts scholar Kapila Vatsyayan passes away
- Arya Vaidya Pharmacy Chairman Krishnakumar passes away
- Mali’s former president Moussa Traore passes away
DAILY CA 18th SEP
- World Patient Safety Day: 17 September
- PM Modi to dedicate historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu to the Nation
- Parliament passes Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill 2020
- Israel, U.A.E. and Bahrain Sign Accords, With an Eager Trump Playing Host
- Volvo Car India Partnered With HDFC Bank To Launch Volvo Car Financial Services
- Irdai to develop standardised products for bridging protection gap
- IDFC Mutual Fund launches ‘SIP in Fixed Income’ campaign
- Canara Bank introduces i-Lead 2.0 to boost customer services
- HDFC Bank launches video KYC facility for savings, salary accounts and personal loans
- StanChart launches online remittance service
- ADB, JICA to fund ORR-Airport Metro rail connectivity
- Karnataka CM launches ‘Arthika Spandana’ loan disbursal scheme
- Govt launches road accident insurance scheme named after Balasaheb Thackeray
- UP govt decides to give cows to families with malnourished children
- HCL and Google Cloud expand partnership to deliver accelerated business intelligence platform
- ICICI Bank to seek approval to appoint Sandeep Batra as whole-time director
- Narendra Tomar replaces Harsimrat Badal as Minister of Food Processing Industries
- Rome’s Fiumicino Airport awarded world’s first five-star anti-Covid award
- Michelin-star Chef Vikas Khanna Honoured For Feeding Millions In India Amid COVID-19
- Indian teenager named by UN to 2020 Class of Young Leaders for SDGs
- 10th virtual meeting of BRICS NSAs to be held virtually
- AZADI Freedom. Fascism. Fiction by Arundhati Roy
- Ashok Leyland, Hindustan Zinc team up with IIT-M to develop Zinc air battery
- Indian Cities Slip In Global Smart City Index, Singapore On Top
- Lionel Messi Remains Ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo as World’s Richest Footballer
- Neymar banned for 2 matches, Layvin Kurzawa banned for 6 matches
- Amitabha Ghosh, who served as RBI governor for 21 days, passes away at 90
- Rajya Sabha MP Ashok Gasti passes away