This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Alzheimer’s Day
- Every year, the month of September is observed as World Alzheimer’s Month and 21 September as World Alzheimer’s Day.
- In 2020, the theme for World Alzheimer’s day is “Let’s talk about dementia”
- Dementia is a neurodegenerative syndrome which is chronic or progressive in nature and causes cognitive impairments in thought, behaviour, speech, memory and the ability to perform ordinary everyday functions. It’s associated with a number of brain illnesses apart from Alzheimer’s disease, like vascular dementia, frontotemporal dementia, Korsakoff’s syndrome and alcohol-related dementia.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Govt forms expert panels for inspection of covid hospitals
- The Centre has formed expert committees for inspection of government and other COVID facilities following directions of the Supreme Court.
- The expert committees constituted by the Ministry of Health have been tasked to inspect, supervise and guide government and other hospitals dedicated to COVID-19.
- The Ministry of Health has written to all the states and union territories with regard to prescribing reasonable rates for testing and treatment of COVID-19.
- Hospital infrastructure in the country for managing COVID-19 cases is being continuously monitored by the central government.
- States have been supported in terms of logistic and financial requirements for setting up COVID treatment facilities.
- Minister of Science and Technology, Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Minister of Earth Sciences: Harsh Vardhan
- Constituency: Chandnichowk, New Delhi
Hyderabad International Airport gets ACI health accreditation for safe travel of passengers
- GMR-led Hyderabad International Airport has managed to get the Airport Council International’s (ACI) Airport Health Accreditation (AHA).
- Hyderabad is among the first airports in the Asia Pacific region to have received this accreditation.
- The ACI assessment covered the health and safety measures undertaken by GMR Hyderabad International Airport for passengers and staff in all the terminal areas including departures, arrivals and transfers, transportation services, food and beverage services, escalators and elevators, lounges, facilities and baggage claim area.
- The assessment also captured the initiatives that the airport took for the safety and well-being of employees and stakeholders.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Govt has launched National Conservation Strategy for Indian One-Horned Rhino
- Union Minister Prakash Javadekar stated India is home to the largest number of Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros in the world with population in the range of 3000 animals in Assam, West Bengal and UP.
- Mr Javadekar stated Environment Ministry has launched a National Conservation Strategy for Indian One-Horned Rhino. He added that the conservation initiatives for rhino has also enriched the grassland management which help in reducing the negative impacts of climate change through carbon sequestration.
Parliament passes Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- Parliament has passed the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020 with Rajya Sabha approving it. The Bill allows the central government to regulate the supply of certain food items only under extraordinary circumstances such as war and famine. It will replace the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 which was promulgated in June this year.
- Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Danve Raosaheb Dadarao stated that this is important legislation which will promote local for vocal initiative. He stated, this legislation has been brought for the farmers due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation and subsequent lockdown, which created problems in the demand and supply chain.
- It will provide freedom to farmers to sell their produce as per their choice and create balance in demand and supply chain. He stated, this Bill will provide assistance in the food production and create a storage system.
Centre sanctions Rs. 108 crore under UDAN scheme for three Airports in Chhattisgarh
- The Central Government has sanctioned 108 crore under UDAN scheme for upgradation of three Chhattisgarh Airports.
- Out of the total amount, 48 crore have been sanctioned for Jagdalpur, Rs. 27 crore for Ambikapur and Rs. 33 crore for Bilaspur under UDAN scheme for up-gradation and development of these Airports.
- The inauguration of flight operations by Alliance Air from Jagdalpur to Raipur and Hyderabad under UDAN scheme, Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri stated that this air connectivity will fulfil the aspirations of people of the region and provide impetus to the local economy.
- Mr Puri also informed that the Airports Authority of India has planned for the investment of about 900 crore rupees to develop and expand Raipur airport which includes expansion of the terminal building.
- Capital: Raipur
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel (INC)
Niti Aayog, ISPP join hands for capacity building
- The Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO) of the Aayog has signed a statement of intent with the ISPP to build a collaboration for faster intermediation of knowledge and use within the public system, the statement stated.
- While under communications and outreach, evidence building exercises, organising joint conferences and podcast series will be conducted wherein ISPP scholars will interact and interview the DMEO and Niti Aayog’s experts on current policy issues, evaluations and perspectives, the ISPP stated.
- Niti Aayog and the Indian School of Public Policy (ISPP) have joined hands for training, mentoring, and capacity building of government officials as well as public policy scholars, a statement stated.
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Direct cargo ferry service between India & Maldives jointly e- launched
- Shipping Minister Mansukh Mandaviya and Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation of Maldives, Ms Aishath Nahula jointly e- launched a direct cargo ferry service between India and Maldives.
- During its maiden voyage, a vessel with a capacity of 200 TEU and 3000 MT of break bulk cargo will sail from Tuticorin to Kochi, from where it will proceed to Kulhudhuffushi port in North Maldives and then to Male port.
- It is scheduled to reach Kulhudhuffushi and Male on 29th of this month. This ferry service being operated by the Shipping Corporation of India will run twice a month and will provide a cost effective direct and alternate means of transportation of goods between India and Maldives.
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
MP celebrates 4th day of ‘Gharib Kalyan Week’ as ‘ Vanadhikar Diwas’
- In Madhya Pradesh, Gharib Kalyan Week is being organized from 16th to 23rd September to mark the Birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- On the fourth day of the week, ‘Vanadhikar Diwas’ was celebrated in the State.
- On the ‘Vanadhikar Diwas’, more than 23,000 forest rights pattas were distributed in 47 districts of the State.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in Bhopal and Ministers as well as public representatives have distributed forest right pattas to the beneficiaries in other districts.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
One Nation One Ration card system to be rolled out in Tamil Nadu on Oct 1
- One Nation One Ration card system will be rolled out in Tamil Nadu on October 1st of this year.
- This was announced by the State Food and Civil Supplies Minister Kamaraj.
- The national rollout of a ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ system in all states and Union Territories by March 2021.
- As of now, about 26 states and UTs have come on board to implement the inter-state ration card portability.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Tamil Nadu becomes first state to unveil ethical AI, blockchain, cybersecurity policies in country
- Tamil Nadu becomes the first state to come out with Tamil Nadu Safe and Ethical Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain and Cybersecurity policies in the country.
- The policies were unveiled by Chief Minister Edapaddi K Palaniswami during the valedictory session of the 19th edition of Connect 2020.
- The state would soon be rolling out Knowledge Proof Identity Based Services Delivery Project, which will revolutionise the way government services are offered to citizens.
- The project will be implemented by establishing and leveraging the State Family Data Base (SFDB) and Block-Chain Backbone infrastructure.
- The platform ‘Nambikkai Inaiyam’ (Blockchain Backbone) would help establish a single trusted source that would be used to create an efficient and manipulation resilient system for government services.
- The policy recommends — six dimensional framework, transparency and audit, accountability and legal challenges, misuse protection, digital divide and data deficit among others.
- Similarly, the cybersecurity policy, which was also unveiled, is being framed to protect the information assets of the government (Infrastructure, Software, Citizen Services) and maximize their availability to the government and the citizens.
- The policy will also develop a Comprehensive Security Risk Reduction Strategy and establish enterprise approach to security policy and governance.
Kerala CM launches model project for SC,ST students
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the first phase of a model project that aims to improve and facilitate the education of students belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe.
- The government provides financial assistance of Rs 2 lakhs to the members of SC community to set up a study room adjacent to their house.
- Study materials including computer will be made available when the room is completed.
- The inauguration of the completion of 12,250 study rooms across the state.
- Under the same project, community (public) study rooms are being set up for the students from Scheduled Tribe and 250 community study rooms have already been completed using public facilities such as community halls.
- The most important thing is that breakfast and lunch are arranged for the students studying here.
- An order has been issued to sanction up to Rs 25 lakhs for SC students pursuing PG courses in top universities abroad.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Madhya Pradesh targets household tap connections in all rural areas under Jal Jeevan Mission by 2023
- Rural families of Madhya Pradesh will be provided with clean drinking water through tap connection. Approximately 197 crores have been approved in State government’s rural tap water scheme.
- Public Health Engineering Department is constructing water infrastructure so that rural families of Madhya Pradesh can be provided with clean drinking water through tap connection. A target has been set to complete the scheme in the rural areas of the entire state by year 2023 under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Anandiben Patel(additional charge)
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Bharti AXA launches new unit linked individual insurance plan
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises, and AXA, one of the world’s largest insurance companies, announced the launch of Bharti AXA Life Wealth Pro, a unit linked individual insurance plan.
- This offers triple benefits of regular savings, enhanced protection and market-linked returns.
- The new and value-loaded ULIP helps customers plan and achieve their financial milestones as per the changing life-stages along with financial security for their families.
- The plan provides protection and wealth creation benefits from an early age of 91 days up to the age of 99 years by paying premiums either for a limited duration or once at the commencement of the plan.
- The plan has two variants Growth and Legacy.
- In the Growth variant, the customers have three policy term choices, ten, 15 or 20 years, and can pay premium once or for five, seven, ten, 15 or 20 years.
- While the customer chooses to pay premium once, he/she can opt for higher life insurance coverage of 10 times life insurance cover.
- The Legacy variant also provides the policyholder with a life insurance cover of 10 times the annualised premium throughout the policy term up to 99 years of age and a legacy fund for his/her loved ones.
- Under this, the customer has to pay premiums for five, seven, ten or till 60 years of age.
About Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Managing Directorand Chief Executive Officer: Parag Raja
SBI starts women self-reliance programme in Assam
- State Bank of India (SBI) started a programme by the name “Mahila Atmanirbharshil Aachani” (Women Self-Reliance programme) in Guwahati, Assam.
- The basic objective of the programme is to create a strong bonding with the SHG member besides extending credit linkages to the women SHGs nurtured and sponsored by NRLM, Assam for self-reliance and economic upliftment.
- It also empowers the women by encouraging them to create their micro enterprises for self-reliance and to maintain a sustainable economic condition.
- SBI plans to cover more number of women SHG for sustainable development and create opportunities for self-reliance of women.
- SBI branches of Assam sanctioned 856 numbers of SHGs sponsored by NRLM with financial outlay of 38 crore.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Google Pay partners with Visa bringing tap-to-pay for Indian users
- Google Pay announced the rollout of tokenisation across its platform that will enable users to safely transact with their debit or credit cards.
- Through tokenisation, Google Pay Android users can use their debit or credit card to make payments through a secure digital token attached to their phone without having to physically share their credit or debit card details.
- The feature will also facilitate use of tap-to-pay feature on near-field communications (NFC)-enabled point of sale (PoS) terminals and online merchants.
- Working in close partnership with Visa and banking partners, this feature is now available to all users of Axis and SBI Card, with Kotak and more banks expected to follow suit very soon.
- The feature also works with online merchants, delivering more native and seamless OTP experiences without any redirects to 3D secure sites.
India’s nominal GDP to grow 19 per cent in 2022, finance ministry
- Finance ministry has estimated that India’s nominal GDP will grow by 19 per cent in nominal terms in financial year 2021-22. Nominal GDP is an assessment which includes the current prices of goods and services in its calculation.
- There are varied estimates. The chief economic advisor stated in his presentation that it could go as high as 19%, while some had even stated it could be 21% as an extreme case and others stated it could be more modest, NK Singh, chairman of the 15th Finance Commission.
- In the first quarter of this financial year, the nominal GDP contracted by 22.6 per cent to Rs 38.08 lakh crore, compared to Rs 49.18 lakh crore in the same period last year.
About Ministry of Finance:
- Nirmala Sitharaman, Cabinet Minister
- Anurag Thakur, Minister of State for Finance
- Ajay Bhushan Pandey, IAS, Finance Secretary & Revenue Secretary
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
e- Peek Pahani’ app will reduce hardships of farmers, says Maharashtra CM
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has stated that e- Peek Pahani mobile application of the State Government will reduce hardships of farmers and help them get the right price and good market for their produce.
- Ministers Balasaheb Thorat, Eknath Shinde, Dadaji Bhuse and Abdul Sattar and senior government officials and representatives of Tata Trust, in association with whom the application has been developed, also attended the meeting.
- Farmers can upload images of their crop using the application and after verification of the same, Talathis can register the details on 7/12 extract.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
H D Deve Gowda takes oath as Rajya Sabha member
- Former prime minister H D Deve Gowda took oath as a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- Gowda was in June elected to the Rajya Sabha from Karnataka. This is the first time that the JD(S) leader has become a member of the Upper House since 1996.
About Rajya Sabha
- The Rajya Sabha or Council of States is the upper house of the bicameral Parliament of India.
- It currently has a maximum membership of 245, of which 233 are elected by the legislatures of the states and union territories while the President can appoint 12 members for their contributions to art, literature, science, and social services.
Simanchala Dash Appointed As Advisor To IMF Executive Director
- The government has approved the proposal to appoint Simanchala Dash as an advisor to Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF), in Washington. He has been appointed for a period of three years.
- The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions stated in an order, “The Appointments Committee of Cabinet approves proposal for appointment of Simanchala Dash as an advisor to Executive Director, IMF, Washington DC for a period of three years.”
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C. U.S
- Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva
- Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath
Retd IAS officer Raghvendra Singh appointed culture secretary
- Raghvendra Singh, a 1983-batch (retired) IAS officer of the West Bengal cadre, is at present the Chief Executive Officer, Development of Museums and Cultural Spaces.
- He has been appointed as the Secretary, Ministry of Culture on a contract basis and on usual terms and conditions applicable to re-employed central government officers for a period of one year from the date of assumption of the charge of the post, the order stated.
- Singh will continue to hold the charge of the post of CEO, Development of Museums and Cultural Spaces.
- He succeeds Kumar, a 1984-batch IAS officer of the Kerala cadre, who has been shifted as the Secretary, National Commission for Backward Classes, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Kumar has been appointed in place of Ajoy Kumar, who superannuates this month-end.
- S Aparna, a 1988-batch IAS officer of the Gujarat cadre, has been appointed as the Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals. She will succeed P O Vaghela, who retires on September 30.
- Senior bureaucrat Apurva Chandra has been appointed as the Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Employment.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
‘Dasa Sutras’ nominated for SKOCH Award 2020
- ‘Dasa Sutras’, a project initiated by Prakasam SP Siddharth Kaushal as a precautionary measure to protect the police and public from Covid-19, has been nominated for the prestigious “SKOCH Award 2020”.
- The SKOCH Award 2020 is conferred on the country’s extremely talented persons from various fields for their outstanding contribution to the society.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India’s first Coast Guard academy to come up at Mangaluru
- India’s first Coast Guard academy will be established at Mangaluru, Karnataka.
- Around 158 acres Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) land has been taken over for setting up ICG Academy.
- Director General: Krishnaswamy Natarajan
- Founded: 18 August 1978
- Headquarters: Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Most valuable brands: HDFC Bank retains 1st position; Reliance Retail leads top risers
- HDFC Bank Ltd has again emerged as the most valuable brand in India in 2020, despite its ranking seeing an 11 per cent decline from 2019, BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands rankings, WPP Plc and Kantar report.
- This is the seventh consecutive year when HDFC Bank remained the top-ranked brand in India.
- HDFC Bank has been valued at $20.2 billion by WPP and Kantar list of most valued brands. It is followed by state-owned insurer LIC, valued at $18.2 billion, and TCS, which has been valued at $14.5 billion.
- With a 102 per cent year-on-year increase in value, Reliance Retail has been ranked as the fast-expanding brand. Mukesh Ambani-led retail company stood at 25th spot in the list of most-valued brands.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Novak Djokovic wins Men’s Singles event in Italian Open
- In tennis, world number one Novak Djokovic won a record 36th Masters title by beating Diego Schwartzman in the Italian Open at Rome.
- Djokovic has also passed childhood idol Pete Sampras for the second-most weeks at No. 1 with 287 – trailing only Roger Federer’s 310 weeks in the top spot.
- Earlier, top-seeded Simona Halep of Romania won her first Italian Open title when defending champion Czech Karolína Pliskova retired midway through the final with an injury. Halep was leading 6-0, 2-1 when Czech player Pliskova stopped playing after just 31 minutes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
John Turner: Former Canadian prime minister passes away at 91
- Former Canadian Prime Minister John Turner, who was in office for just 79 days and led his Liberal Party to a huge defeat in 1984, has passed away aged 91.
- A lawyer by training, he served as justice and then finance minister from 1968-1975.Turner resumed his legal work and nine years later won the party leadership.
- He resigned as a Liberal leader in 1990.
Veteran Rabindra Sangeet exponent Purba Dam Passes away
- Veteran Rabindra Sangeet exponent Purba Dam has passed away. She was 85.
- A true disciple of legendary Rabindra Sangeet singer Suchitra Mitra, Dam regaled listeners with her rendition of songs like “Modhur tomar sesh je na pai prohor hol sesh/Bhuban jure roilo lege anando abesh“, “Ami phirbo na re” in her distinctive gayaki style and became a known face among the audience in the 80s.
Noted Marathi actress Ashalata Wabgaonkar passes away
- Noted Marathi actress and Bollywood’s veteran character artist Ashalata Wabgaonkar passed away due to Covid 19 infection at a hospital in Satara in Maharashtra. She was 79.
- The actress had reportedly visited the sets of a Marathi TV show recently from where she might have contracted the disease. The actress had worked in many Bollywood hits including ‘Apne Paraye’, ‘Zanjeer, ‘Namak Halal’, ‘Sharaabi’, ‘Shaukeen’ and Marathi movies like ‘Maherchi Sadi’, ‘Vahinichi Maya’, ‘Umbartha’, ‘Sutradhar’, ‘Navari Mile Navryala’.
DAILY CA 19th , 20th & 21st SEP
- International Equal Pay-Day- 18th sep
- World Bamboo Day- 18th sep
- International Coastal CleanUp Day- 19th sep
- International Day of Peace – 21st sep
- India seeks Blue Flag eco-label for its eight beaches, launches its own tag ‘BEAMS’ for clean beach
- Delhi’s IGI airport gets India’s first terminal for chartered planes, can handle 150 jets per day
- Lok Sabha passes several bills including National Forensic Science University Bill 2020
- Govt launches Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan in 272 most affected districts
- DPIIT extends date of implementation of Toys (Quality Control) Order, 2020 to 1st January 2021
- Govt sets up group under cyber security head to probe China Watching, will report in 30 days
- FSSAI constitutes task force on vegan food
- ICT challenge for developing smart supply measurement and monitoring system under Jal Jeevan Mission
- India extends 250 million dollars support to Maldives to overcome economic impact of Covid-19
- Gujarat CM Rupani announces subsidy schemes for e-scooters, rickshaws
- J-K LG Launches NGDRS For Online Registration In Sale Or Purchase Of Land
- Southern Railway’s Chennai Division launches Freight Seva app
- MoU signed between AYUSH Ministry and WCD Ministry for controlling Malnutrition as a part of POSHAN Abhiyaan
- Bandhan Bank sets up new vertical to serve unbanked customers
- ICICI Home Finance launches home loan scheme ‘Apna Ghar Dreamz’for skilled workers in Delhi
- KVGB launches new gold loan scheme Vikas Laghu Suvarna
- Kazakhstan Financial Regulator Cancels Licence of PNB Subsidiary
- Former RAW chief Anil Dhasmana appointed as new chief of National Technical Research Organisation
- NSA Ajit Doval attends 10th BRICS’ meeting on security issues
- BRICS Communications Ministers’ Meet
- PM Modi to inaugurate and address VAIBHAV summit on 2nd October
- IIIT-Bhubaneswar students make first-of-its-kind ventilation device “Swasner”to ease mild breathing issues
- Jupiter-sized planet found orbiting a dead star — a first in space discoveries
- Barack Obama’s memoir ‘A Promised Land’ coming out in November
- Fed Cup renamed as Billie Jean King Cup to honour the legendary player
- United States Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away at 87
- ‘Mini Gavaskar’ Sachin Deshmukh passes away at 52 due to coronavirus complications
DAILY CA 22nd SEP
- World Alzheimer’s Day- 21st sep
- Govt forms expert panels for inspection of covid hospitals
- Hyderabad International Airport gets ACI health accreditation for safe travel of passengers
- Govt has launched National Conservation Strategy for Indian One-Horned Rhino
- Parliament passes Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- Centre sanctions Rs. 108 crore under UDAN scheme for three Airports in Chhattisgarh
- Niti Aayog, ISPP join hands for capacity building
- Direct cargo ferry service between India & Maldives jointly e- launched
- MP celebrates 4th day of ‘Gharib Kalyan Week’ as ‘ Vanadhikar Diwas’
- One Nation One Ration card system to be rolled out in Tamil Nadu on Oct 1
- Tamil Nadu becomes first state to unveil ethical AI, blockchain, cybersecurity policies in country
- Kerala CM launches model project for SC,ST students
- Madhya Pradesh targets household tap connections in all rural areas under Jal Jeevan Mission by 2023
- Bharti AXA launches new unit linked individual insurance plan
- SBI starts women self-reliance programme in Assam
- Google Pay partners with Visa bringing tap-to-pay for Indian users
- India’s nominal GDP to grow 19 per cent in 2022, finance ministry pins hopes on reforms
- e- Peek Pahani’ app will reduce hardships of farmers, says Maharashtra CM
- H D Deve Gowda takes oath as Rajya Sabha member
- Simanchala Dash Appointed As Advisor To IMF Executive Director
- Retd IAS officer Raghvendra Singh appointed culture secretary
- Dasa Sutras’ nominated for SKOCH Award 2020
- India’s first Coast Guard academy to come up at Mangaluru
- Most valuable brands: HDFC Bank retains 1st position; Reliance Retail leads top risers
- Novak Djokovic wins Men’s Singles event in Italian Open
- John Turner: Former Canadian prime minister passes away at 91
- Veteran Rabindra Sangeet exponent Purba Dam Passes away
- Noted Marathi actress Ashalata Wabgaonkar passes away