This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day of Sign Languages
- International Day of Sign Languages is celebrated annually across the world on 23 September every year along with International Week of the Deaf.
- The International Day of Sign Languages is an unique opportunity to support and protect the linguistic identity and cultural diversity of all deaf people and other sign language users.
- Thetheme for International Day of Sign languages 2020 is “Sign Languages Are for Everyone!”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government has launched YuWaah – a multi-stakeholder platform to make young people career ready
- Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) have signed a “Statement of Intent” to establish YuWaah, Generation Unlimited (GenU), a global multi-stakeholder platform in India.
- Support young people by providing entrepreneurship classes (online and offline) with successful entrepreneurs and experts, towards establishing entrepreneurial mindset among young people.
- Upskilling of young people on 21stcentury skills, life skills, digital skills through online and offline channels and support them through self-learning, for their productive lives and the future of work.
- Create linkages with aspirational economic opportunities to connect young people with employment opportunities, including building pathways to connect them with jobs or self-employment. For this, innovative solutions and technology platforms will be engages to take maximize the scale and reach.·
- Providing career guidance support to young people through career portal as well as through job-readiness and self-exploration sessions to make young people career-ready.·
- The role of Department of Youth Affairs in this project is to provide relevant experts to participate on the YuWaah Technical Working Groups/ Task Forces.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and Minister of State in the Ministry of Minority Affairs of India: Kiren Rijiju
- Constituency: Arunachal West
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
India aims to end tuberculosis by 2025: Health Minister at UN
- Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has stated that India has accorded high priority for ending tuberculosis by 2025, five years ahead of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan stated this while addressing Ministers of Member Nations of WHO, Heads and Representatives of UN Agencies through virtual interaction. He spoke on India’s role and contribution towards strengthening multisectoral action and progress towards ending TB, especially in context of the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Minister added that Tuberculosis has been in existence since time immemorial and continues to remain a major global public health problem. Despite the progress made over the last decade, TB remains the leading infectious killer disease worldwide. He stated, India has taken several critical steps towards ending TB
Railways target to complete 100% electrification of broad gauge routes by 2023
- Railways has planned for 100 per cent electrification of its broad gauge routes by 2023. This was stated by the Railway Minister Piyush Goyal.
- The Minister informed that around 63 per cent broad gauge lines have already been electrified out of a total 63,631 route kilometers as on 1st of April this year.
- He stated, a total of 23,765 route kilometre lines are yet to be electrified in the country.
- In another question, the Railway Minister stated, the vacant land of Railways which is not required for its immediate operational needs is utilized in the interim period for commercial development to mobilize additional financial resources.
- He stated, station redevelopment is planned by leveraging real estate potential of spareable land and air spaces in and around the station by inviting private participation.
About Indian Railways:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 16 April 1853
- CEO: V K Yadhav
CII-IGBC launches Green Logistics Parks, Warehouses Rating System
- CII-Indian Green Building Council has launched the IGBC Green Logistics Parks & Warehouses Rating System during the inaugural session of CII Institute of Logistics Conference on Building Warehousing Competitiveness 2020.
- The rating system is the 27th rating of the Indian Green Building Council.
- CII Indian Green Building Council formed an exclusive Committee under the leadership of Visvanathan on Green Logistics Parks, Warehouses & Cold Storages with the industry leaders and experts from the logistics sector to take views and suggestions, on driving the green logistics movement in the country.
- The rating system is designed to address a variety of storage facilities for both new and existing typologies such as logistics parks, warehouses, cold storages and other storage spaces. The rating system addresses the National Priorities and is developed in congruent with National & several State policies. Further, the rating system is developed aligning the requirements with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- By adopting the rating tool, the projects would achieve various tangible and intangible benefits including energy and water savings and health and well-being of occupants.
- President: Uday Kotak
- Headquarters: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Arctic sea ice hits second-lowest level on record
- This year, Arctic sea ice shrank to its second-lowest extent in more than 40 years of satellite measurements. On 15 September, ice covered just 74 million square kilometres of Arctic waters at its annual summer minimum. In only one other year — 2012 — has the annual minimum Arctic sea-ice cover dropped below 4 million square kilometres (see ‘Thin ice’).
- As global temperatures rise, the minimum Arctic sea-ice extent has shrunk by an average of 13.4% per decade since 1979. The ice that remains is often thinner and more fragile than before, making it more vulnerable to melting the following year.
- This year’s near-record low — reported by the US National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) in Boulder, Colorado on 21 September — got its start last winter, when winds blowing offshore along Russia’s northern coast allowed only thin sea ice to form there; much of this ice melted away when spring came.
- And from May to August, Siberian heatwaves caused strong melting in the Kara and Laptev seas. The ambitious MOSAiC research expedition, which is examining the Arctic climate from the German icebreaker Polarstern, reached the North Pole on 19 August, in lighter-than-usual ice conditions.
- The final blow came near the end of the melting season, in early September, when air temperatures over north-central Siberia soared as much as 6 ºC above normal. Some of this warm air leaked north, leading to further ice loss. For six days starting on 31 August, nearly 80,000 square kilometres of sea ice melted each day, a record loss rate for this period.
- Shrinking sea ice marks part of an overall transition to a new Arctic climate, researchers reported this month1. Warmer air temperatures are already causing a greater proportion of Arctic precipitation to fall as rain rather than snow — meaning a warmer and slushier environment than Arctic ecosystems are used to.
India, Nepal launch website on post-earthquake reconstruction
- Indian Ambassador to Nepal Vinay M Kwatra and Sushil Gyewali, CEO of Nepal’s National Reconstruction Authority, launched a dedicated website for post-earthquake reconstruction of education sector projects in Nepal.
- “In a virtual launch ceremony, Ambassador Kwatra and Sushil Gyewali, CEO NRA jointly unveiled a dedicated website on GOI assisted post-earthquake reconstruction projects in the education sector in Nepal,” Indian Embassy stated.
- The Embassy further stated both countries — India and Nepal — are partners in development.
- The devastating earthquake of 2015 that shook the Himalayan nation of Nepal had claimed nearly 10,000 lives, injuring thousands and displaced over half-a-million people. Gorkha, Sindhupalchowk and Dolakha were the epicentres of the earthquake. Hundreds of families were forced to sleep under the open sky or in the temporary settlement.
- Post the earthquake, the Indian Government had committed USD 1 billion for the reconstruction of Nepal in form of grant and Line of Credit. Around USD 150 million was allocated for reconstruction in the housing sector, USD 100 million as grant and USD 50 million to be drawn from Line of Credit.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Prime minister: K. P. Sharma Oli
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
HDFC Life joins hands with Yes Bank to sell insurance policies
- HDFC Life Insurance stated it has joined hands with corporate agency agreement with Yes Bank to offer a comprehensive bouquet of life insurance solutions to the bank’s customers across the country.
- As part of the agreement, HDFC Life’s diverse range of life insurance products will be offered to the customers of Yes Bank through the bank’s branches spread across the country. HDFC Life’s insurance products include solutions for protection, savings and investment, retirement and critical illness.
- HDFC Life’s extensive product portfolio coupled with the bank’s digital capabilities and widespread presence will ensure easy accessibility of life insurance to the customers. “HDFC Life’s claims intimation process is available online. Customers and claimants can avail the services without having to step outside their homes,” the insurer mentioned.
About Yes Bank:
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
About HDFC Life insurance company:
- CEO: Vibha Padalkar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
NSE, SGX ink formal pact on NSE IFSC-SGX Connect
- National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Singapore Exchange (SGX) stated they have entered into a formal agreement to cement the key terms for operationalising the NSE IFSC-SGX Connect. The two exchanges will also withdraw arbitration proceedings.
- The NSE International Financial Service Centre (IFSC)-SGX Connect aims to bring together the trading of Nifty products to Gujarat International Finance Tech-City (GIFT) and create a larger pool of liquidity, comprising international and home market participants.
- In addition, NSE and SGX will withdraw the arbitration proceedings, the Indian exchange stated.
- The two exchanges have recently received further regulatory clarifications from the relevant authorities on the implementation of the Connect, since receiving consent from their respective statutory regulators on the proposed Connect model last year.
- Both exchanges will continue to work with key stakeholders to develop the infrastructure for the Connect and ensure member readiness prior to its implementation.
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Chairman: Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
- MD & CEO: Vikram Limaye
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Gehlot approves ”Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020”
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved a Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation’s scheme to allow free bus travel to two members of a family to immerse ashes of their loved ones in the Ganga in Haridwar.
- The state road transport corporation would be the nodal agency to run the scheme, named ”Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020”.
- The work related to online registration of passengers, arrangements for transport to the destination, facilities provided during the journey will be done by the Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation.
- At the time of registration, complete details will have to be given about the dead person and the copies of related documents, like death certificate, will have to be kept with those carrying the ashes.
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Capital: Jaipur
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
PM Modi inaugurates highway projects, fibre scheme in Bihar
- Days after launching the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) and other projects related to agriculture and animal husbandry worth Rs 294.53 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated nine highway projects and the ‘Ghar Tak Fibre’ scheme via video-conferencing..
- The highway projects inaugurated cover a road length of about 350 kilometres and will be completed at a cost of Rs 14,258 crore.
- ‘Ghar Tak Fibre’ scheme will connect all 45,945 villages of Bihar through optical fibre internet service, according to a PMO release issued.
- “The fibre internet services programme is a “prestigious project” which will enable a “digital revolution” to reach the state’s remotest corner,” the release stated.
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Capital: Patna
- Chief minister: Nitish Kumar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
CM Jagan Mohan Reddy launches AP Police Seva app
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the AP Police Seva app in an event which saw a participation of 46,000 police personnel from about 1,000 locations across the state via a video conference.
- The motive of the app is to enhance and further take the 87 services provided by the AP Police department to the doorstep of the people by incorporating state of the art technology, thus breaking the stigma associated with police stations and bridging the gap between the police and the public.
- The app will enable the public to register complaints, check FIR status and e-challans, file applications for passports, licences and no-objection certificates.
- In addition, the app will also periodically update information about missing persons and unidentified dead bodies.
About Andhra Pradesh
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief Minister: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Capitals: Kurnool, Amaravati, Vishakhapatnam
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Bougainville elects new president Ishmael Toroama
- Thirty years ago, Ishmael Toroama was leading troops in a rebel army during a bloody conflict in Bougainville,in a further fillip for the province’s push for independence from Papua New Guinea.
- Now, he will be sworn in as the region’s president.
- Toroama defeated 24 other candidates for the presidency, seeking to replace the retiring John Momis who has dominated Bougainvillean politics, as governor and president, for decades.
- Capital: Buka Town
- Currency: PNG kina
RBI appoints AK Dixit as new administrator of PMC Bank
- ReserveBank of India (RBI) has appointed former Union Bank of India general manager AK Dixit as the new administrator of crisis-hit Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative (PMC) Bank.
- The present administratorJai Bhagwan Bhoria has stepped down due to health reasons.
- Recently, Surinderpal Singh Ram Singh has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of PMC bank limited.
About PMC Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Surinderpal Singh Ram Singh
Surat: 17-Year-Old Khushi Chindaliya Appointed As UNEP’s Indian Green Ambassador
- Teenager Khushi Chindaliya from Surat, Gujarat, was recently appointed as the Regional Ambassador for India by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)– Tunza Eco-Generation (TEG).
- An avid nature lover and passionate environmentalist, she will work with the TEG on various environmental awareness programmes till February 2021.
- Additionally, the teenager will also have a platform to discuss India’s contribution to environmental conservation on a global level.
- Headquarters location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Head: Inger Andersen
Somalia’s Lawmakers Approve Roble as New Prime Minister
- The Somali parliament approved the appointment of Mohamed Hussein Roble as prime minister, less than a week after his nomination.
- Roble, who was appointed by President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo, replaces Hassan Ali Khaire, who was removed from office after a no-confidence vote. The appointment was approved by 215 lawmakers, with no objections.
- Roble, a Swedish-Somali who has been working for the International Labour Organization in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, takes office at a time when the country is in a transition period, with elections set for early 2021.
About Somalia :
- Capital: Mogadishu
- Currencies: United States Dollar, Somali shilling
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Golden Pen of Freedom Awarded to Colombian Journalist Jineth Bedoya Lima
- The Golden Pen of Freedom, the annual press freedom award of the World Association of News Publishers (WAN-IFRA), has been awarded to Colombian journalist, Jineth Bedoya Lima.
- The award, made virtually due to current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Her tireless work in promoting and protecting the rights of women, and her courage in confronting and overcoming her own personal tragedy with a level of dignity and determination that serves as an inspiration to peers the world over
NID-Ahmedabad student’s Shashank Nimkar zero waste manufacturing process wins James Dyson India award
- Shashank Nimkar from the National Institute of Design (Ahmedabad) has won the James Dyson India Award 2020 for his invention– ‘Earth Tatva’.
- Nimkar used ceramic rejects called ‘grog’ from the surrounding production cluster and clay to make new products. Not only are these products created out of waste, but they are also manufactured through a zero-waste process. Further, these products can be recycled multiple times.
- This production design has won him a prize money of £2,000 (approximately 1.90 lakh) in the competition.
President Ram Nath Kovind confers NSS Awards for 2018-19
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the National Service Scheme Awards for the year 2018-19 through virtual mode.
- The NSS Award for the year 2018-19 was presented to 42 awardees in three different categories like University, NSS Units and their Programme Officers and NSS Volunteers. Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju attended the ceremony from Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
- Department of Youth Affairs confers the National Service Scheme Award every year to recognize and reward outstanding contributions towards voluntary community service.
- NSS is a Central Sector Scheme which was launched in the year 1969 with the primary objective of developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service. The ideological orientation of the NSS is inspired by the ideals of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The NSS volunteers work on issues of social relevance, which keep evolving in response to the needs of the community, through regular and special camping activities. Such issues include literacy and education, health, family welfare and nutrition, environment conservation, social service programmes, rescue and relief during calamities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
UN, Britain to co-host a global climate summit on Dec 12
- United Nations and Britain will co-host a global climate summit on December 12, the fifth anniversary of the landmark Paris Agreement. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson will co-host the event to rally much greater climate action and ambition.
- National governments will be invited to present more ambitious and high-quality climate plans at the summit, which would involve government leaders, as well as the private sector and civil society.
- The summit is intended to increase momentum ahead of the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP 26) to be held in Glasgow in November 2021.
About United Nations:
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary general: António Guterres
Shri Piyush Goyal participates in the G-20 meeting of the Trade and Investment Ministers
- Union Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister Shri Piyush Goyal took part in the virtual meeting of the G-20 Trade and Investment Ministers. Making interventions during the meeting, he called upon G-20 to play a leadership role in crafting a pathway to recover from COVID19,
- He stated that one of the key lessons for all countries is the need to strike the right balance between their external and internal economic policies, with a view to ensuring balanced and sustainable development. He stated that India stands ready to engage constructively with all G-20 Members to push an agenda that is inclusive and development oriented.
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
- The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
- Founded: 26 September 1999
- Chairman: King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (2020)
PM Modi to hold virtual bilateral summit with Sri Lankan PM on Sep 26
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa will hold a Virtual Bilateral Summit on 26th of this month.
- The Virtual Bilateral Summit will give an opportunity to the two leaders to comprehensively review the broad framework of the bilateral relationship soon after the Parliamentary elections in Sri Lanka and in the context of the time-tested friendly ties between the two countries.
- The ministry stated the summit will give an opportunity to the two leaders to comprehensively review the broad framework of the bilateral relationship.
- The two leaders are expected to deliberate on a host of issues like ways to further deepen anti-terror cooperation, boost overall defence and trade ties as well as implementation of India’s development projects in Sri Lanka.
- The long-pending Tamil issue in Sri Lanka is also likely to figure in the talks.
- India has been pitching for fulfilling the aspirations of the Tamil community in the island nation.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- Prime minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Kitchens of Gratitude: new book on the cards for chef Vikas Khanna
- Penguin Random House India announced that the book titled ‘Kitchens of Gratitude’ is scheduled for a
- Michelin Star chef Vikas Khanna’s Feed India initiative was one of the brighter things during the bleak pandemic.
- The chef fed underprivileged kids and ensured food reaches the many cities and towns ravaged by the virus. And now, he will be writing about all this and more in this new book,Kitchens of Gratitude, which will be out next year.
- Chef Vikas Khannahas been chosen to be honoured with the prestigious Asia Game Changer Award 2020.
Fauja Singh Keeps Going: The True Story of the Oldest Person to Ever Run a Marathon by Simran Jeet Singh
- The true story of Fauja Singh, who broke world records to become the first one hundred-year-old to run a marathon, shares valuable lessons on the source of his grit, determination to overcome obstacles, and commitment to positive representation of the Sikh community.
- Simran Jeet Singh loves sports and signed up for his first marathon after being inspired by Fauja Singh.
- Simran is an activist, writer, and scholar who believes deeply in the divine goodness of all people.
- It is illustrated by Baljinder Kaur, illustrator and storyteller.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
DRDO successfully test-fires Laser-Guided Anti Tank Missile
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test-fired the indigenously-developed Laser-Guided Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) from the Main Battle Tank (MBT) Arjun at KK Ranges in Ahmednagar in
- The missile uses a warhead that has the capability to neutralise armoured vehicles which have reactive armours, which are specially-designed protective armours used in military vehicles.
- Pune-based DRDO facilities – Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE) and the High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) — have developed the missile in collaboration with another DRDO laboratory, Instruments Research and Development Establishment (IRDE) in Dehradun.
- Over the last three years, the DRDO has successfully conducted tests of Man Portable ATGM and also a ATGM system named Nag. The indigenously developed low-weight, ‘fire and forget’ Man Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) in September last year. In February 2018, ATGM Nag was successfully tested in desert conditions.
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Chairman: G SatheeshKumar Reddy
- Founded: 1958
Kineco flags-off India’s first commercial Sonar Dome for Indian Navy
- Goa-based Kineco Limited, a leading composite technology provider for defence, aerospace, railway and industrial sectors, flagged off India’s first-ever commercial Sonar Dome.
- The Sonar Dome is a critical component of a warship as it houses the Sonar (Sonar Navigation and Ranging) Array – which is used for detection, navigation, and ranging. The Sonar Dome, manufactured by Kineco was flagged off to its esteemed customer Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited Mumbai (MDL), where it will be mounted on the Indian Navy’s P15 Alpha Warship.
About Indian Navy
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
- Headquarters: Integrated Defence Headquarters, New Delhi
Indian Navy, Royal Australian Navy Passage Exercise (PASSEX) underway in Eastern Indian Ocean
- PASSEX underway between Royal Australian Navy and Indian Navy in Eastern Indian Ocean Region.
- Air Warfare Destroyer HMAS Hobart, Stealth Frigate INS Sahyadri and Missile Corvette INS Karmuk are engaged in complex Maritime Exercises
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Ayushmann Khurrana only Indian actor on Time’s 100 most influential list
- Ayushmann Khurrana has been named among world’s 100 most influential people by the Time Magazine.
- The 36-year-old ‘Andhadhun’ actor features alongside international stars like Oscar-winner Bong Joon Ho, ‘Fleabag’ icon Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and The Weeknd among others in the artists category.
- Others Indians on the list include Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Google CEO Sundar Pichai, London-based Indian-origin doctor Ravindra Gupta, and Bilkis – a grandmother from Shaheen Bagh, a Delhi neighbourhood that became the epicentre of the anti-CAA protests. US Vice Presidential nominee Kamala Harris also features in the Leaders category alongside Modi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Professional tennis player, former cricketer Ashleigh Barty wins golf tournament in COVID-19 break
- Multi-talented Ashleigh Barty has conquered tennis, been a professional cricketer and has now added another string to her sporting bow by winning a golf tournament.
- She has taken a course designed by Greg Norman, claiming the Brookwater Golf Club women’s title near Brisbane, Australia.
- Barty, who played cricket for Brisbane Heat in the Women’s Big Bash League in 2015-16, has been working on her golf game during her Covid-19 enforced absence from tennis.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Railways MoS Suresh Angadi dies of Covid-19
- Minister of State for Railways Suresh Angadi passed away at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi. Angadi was undergoing treatment for Covid-19. He was 65.
- He is the first Union minister to have died of coronavirus. At least six MLAs and three MPs have earlier succumbed to it. Angadi was a four-time BJP MP from Belagavi elected to Lok Sabha in 2004, 2009, 2014 and 2019. His political journey started with joining Bharatiya Janata Party in the year 1996 from Belagavi district in North Karnataka.
DAILY CA 23rd SEP
- World Rhino Day- 22nd sep
- World Car Free Day- 22nd sep
- Government gives one-year extension to Company Law Committee
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of 9 highway projects, launches ‘Ghar tak fibre’ scheme in poll-bound Bihar
- Centre approved Outlay for PM Svanidhi Scheme is Rs.600 Crore
- Lok Sabha passes Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Bill, 2020
- World’s richest 1% cause double CO2 emissions of poorest half, says Oxfam
- Sebi constitutes technical group on social stock exchange Headed by Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
- Bajaj Finserv launches health tech solutions business
- SEBI to set up ‘backstop entity’ to buy MFs’ illiquid corporate bonds
- Microsoft buys gaming company ZeniMax for $7.5bn
- KKR to invest Rs 5,550 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures for 1.28% equity
- Mukhymantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana’ to be start in Madhya Pradesh
- ITBP Joins Hands With Uttarakhand Govt For Promoting Adventure Tourism At Tehri Lake
- J&K administration signs MoU with Army to operationalise Kishtwar airstrip
- Former Mali Defense Minister Bah Ndaw named interim president
- Retd Col Girija Shankar Mungali named in AFC task-force
- PM Narendra Modi awarded Ig Nobel Prize 2020 for medical education
- Emmy Awards 2020
- Historian Romila Thapar explores history of dissent in new book “Voices of Dissent”
- IIT Madras develops AI processing models for 11 local languages
- NASA outlines plan for first woman on Moon by 2024
- DRDO conducts successful flight test of ABHYAS
- Nepal’s Ang Rita Sherpa, first to climb Mount Everest 10 times, passes away at 72
- Assam musician Bibhuranjan Choudhury passes away
DAILY CA 24th SEP
- International Day of Sign Languages- 23rd sep
- Government has launched YuWaah – a multi-stakeholder platform to make young people career ready
- India aims to end tuberculosis by 2025: Health Minister at UN
- Railways target to complete 100% electrification of broad gauge routes by 2023
- CII-IGBC launches Green Logistics Parks, Warehouses Rating System
- Arctic sea ice hits second-lowest level on record
- India, Nepal launch website on post-earthquake reconstruction
- HDFC Life joins hands with Yes Bank to sell insurance policies
- NSE, SGX ink formal pact on NSE IFSC-SGX Connect
- Gehlot approves ”Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020”
- PM Modi inaugurates highway projects, fibre scheme in Bihar
- CM Jagan Mohan Reddy launches AP Police Seva app
- Bougainville elects new president Ishmael Toroama
- RBI appoints AK Dixit as new administrator of PMC Bank
- Surat: 17-Year-Old Khushi Chindaliya Appointed As UNEP’s Indian Green Ambassador
- Somalia’s Lawmakers Approve Roble as New Prime Minister
- Golden Pen of Freedom Awarded to Colombian Journalist Jineth Bedoya Lima
- NID-Ahmedabad student’s Shashank Nimkar zero waste manufacturing process wins James Dyson India award
- President Ram Nath Kovind confers NSS Awards for 2018-19
- UN, Britain to co-host a global climate summit on Dec 12
- Shri Piyush Goyal participates in the G-20 meeting of the Trade and Investment Ministers
- PM Modi to hold virtual bilateral summit with Sri Lankan PM on Sep 26
- Kitchens of Gratitude: new book on the cards for chef Vikas Khanna
- Fauja Singh Keeps Going: The True Story of the Oldest Person to Ever Run a Marathon by Simran Jeet Singh
- DRDO successfully test-fires Laser-Guided Anti Tank Missile
- Kineco flags-off India’s first commercial Sonar Dome for Indian Navy
- Indian Navy, Royal Australian Navy Passage Exercise (PASSEX) underway in Eastern Indian Ocean
- Ayushmann Khurrana only Indian actor on Time’s 100 most influential list
- Professional tennis player, former cricketer Ashleigh Barty wins golf tournament in COVID-19 break
- Railways MoS Suresh Angadi dies of Covid-19