This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day of Diplomats
- International Day of Diplomats is celebrated on 24 October every year.
- The first International Day of Diplomats was celebrated in Brasília on 24 October 2017.
- It was proposed by Indian poet-diplomat Abhay K and saw participation from the diplomats of Bangladesh, France, Ghana, Israel, Italy, Mexico, South Africa and Turkey.
Vigilance Awareness Week
- The Central Vigilance Commission observes theVigilance Awareness Week from 27th October to 2nd November, 2020.
- This is observedevery year during the week in which the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (31st October) falls. This awareness week campaign affirms our commitment to promotion of integrity and probity in public life through citizen participation.
- Theme 2020: Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat (Vigilant India, Prosperous India).
World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
- The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage takes place every 27 October.
- This commemorative day was chosen by UNESCO in 2005 to raise awareness of the significance and preservation risks of recorded sound and audiovisual documents.
- This year thetheme of the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is “Your Window to the World“
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Indo-Tibetan Border Police celebrates 59th Raising Day
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) on Oct 24th celebrated its 59th Raising Day across the country.
- Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G Kishan Reddy took part in the Raising Day function organized in Greater Noida and took the salute at the Parade.
- Mr Reddy informed that the Ministry of Home Affairs has given approval to the ITBP to establish 47 border outposts.
- This year 28 types of new vehicles have been provided. A budget of Rs 7,223 crore has been allocated for the ITBP and more than Rs. 15 crore has been sanctioned for management.
- He presented six Presidential Police Medals to ITBP personnel and 23 Police Medals for Meritorious Services.
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Founded: 24 October 1962
- Director General: S S Deswal
Income tax return filing deadline for FY20 extended till December 31
- The deadline for filing returns by individual taxpayers for FY 2019-20 has been extended by a month till December 31.
- For those taxpayers whose accounts need to be audited, the Income-Tax Return filing deadline has been extended by two months till January 31, 2021.
- The government had in May extended the date for filing ITR for FY2019-20 from July 31 to November 30, to give compliance relief to taxpayers.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman:Pramod Chandra Mody
MoS for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan inaugurates philately exhibition on ‘India and the UN: A Postal History’
- On the occasion of the 75th UN Day, Minister of State for External Affairs, Muraleedharan inaugurated a philately exhibition on ‘India and the UN: A Postal History’. This was done during a virtual event organized by the UN in India.
- Mr Muraleedharan highlighted India’s multifaceted contribution to the work of United Nations over the last seven decades. Reaffirming India’s commitment to the United Nations, he underlined that India looks forward to working with all other nations to reform and revitalize the United Nations during its term at the UN Security Council from 2021-22.
About United Nations:
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary general: António Guterres
Ministry of Earth Sciences dedicates Flash Flood Guidance services for South Asian countries
- Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Dr. M. Rajeevan dedicated Flash Flood Guidance services, first of its kind for South Asian countries namely India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- The system was launched virtually and was participated by distinguished National and International dignitaries including Head of Hydrological and Water Resources Services Division, World Meteorological Organization, Dr. Hwirin Kim, Director, Hydrologic Research Centre, USA Dr. Konstantine P. Georgakakos, and Member Secretary NDMA, G.V.V. Sarma.
- An automated mode of dissemination is to be established with the stakeholders along with the use of social media, so that the information reaches the concerned disaster authorities in a timely manner.
- M. Mohapatra, Director General of IMD and Permanent Representative of India with WMO assured the member nations that the Guidance for flash floods in the form of Threats 6 hours in advance and Risks 24 hours in advance will be provided by Regional Centre to National Meteorological and Hydrological Services, National and State Disaster Management Authorities and all other stake holders for taking necessary mitigation measures.
- Minister of Science and Technology, Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Minister of Earth Sciences: Harsh Vardhan
- Constituency: Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Bangladesh govt orders ‘no mask, no service’ policy
- The Bangladesh government has decided that no service will be provided to people who don’t wear mask.
- The cabinet meeting Chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina decided that no one will be allowed to enter offices without the mask.
- It decided that all offices must install notice boards saying ‘no mask, no service’ in order to control the spread of COVID 19 virus in the country.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
Third India-US 2 plus 2 Ministerial Dialogue underway in New Delhi
- The Third India-UStwo plus two Ministerial Dialogue is underway at Hyderabad House in New Delhi.
- From the Indian side, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar are leading the delegation.
- United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Secretary of Defence Mark Esper are leading the US delegation. Both the Secretaries earlier paid tributes at National War Memorial.
- The First two plus two dialogue was held in New Delhi in September 2018 and the Second in Washington DC in 2019.The agenda for the Third dialogue will cover all bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest.
- The Third Annual two plus two Ministerial Dialogue will focus on advancing the Indo-US comprehensive global strategic partnership.
- It will also deliberate on further strengthening cooperation to promote stability and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region and the world.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Reserve Bank bars payment system operators from launching new QR codes
- The Reserve Bank barred Payment System Operators (PSOs) from launching any new proprietary QR code for payment transactions.
- Currently, there are two interoperable QR codes — UPI QR and Bharat QR.
- QR codes are two-dimensional machine-readable barcodes, which are increasingly used to facilitate mobile payments at the point-of-sale. QR codes can store a large amount of information.
- The decision to continue with the two existing Quick Response (QR) codes was based on the recommendations of the committee which was set up by the Reserve Bank under the chairmanship of Deepak Phatak to review the current system of such codes in India and suggest measures for moving towards interoperable QR codes.
- PSOs that use proprietary QR codes shall shift to one or more interoperable QR codes; the process of migration shall be completed by March 31, 2022.
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: BP Kanungo, MK Jain, MD Patra and Rajeshwar Rao.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
NBFCs approach RBI for inclusion as beneficiaries to on-tap TLTRO
- Non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) have written to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to include them as beneficiaries for availing funds under on tap targeted long-term repo operations (TLTRO) scheme.
- To ensure comfortable liquidity conditions in the system, the RBI on October 9 announced to conduct on tap TLTRO worth Rs 1 lakh crore.
- The central bank had stated the liquidity availed by banks under the scheme has to be deployed in corporate bonds, commercial papers and non-convertible debentures issued by the entities in specific sectors. Banks can also use the funds to extend credit to theses specific sectors.
- The central bank made sectors such as agriculture agri-infrastructure, secured retail, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and drugs, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, eligible for deployment of funds availed under on tap TLTRO.
- The industry body stated NBFCs are well recognised conduits for reaching out last mile credit to the crucial sectors such as agriculture, agri-infrastructure, MSMEs, secured retail and drugs among others.
- NBFCs borrow only for the purpose of on-lending and hence can act as a force-multiplier and join hands with the banking system in expanding the credit reach to various sectors.
- The industry body also suggested to carve out a part of the on tap TLTRO funds for the NBFCs including small NBFCs to avail of loans from banks for the purposes of on-lending to the desired sectors only.
- The on tap TLTRO scheme will remain operational from October 22, 2020 till March
About Targeted Long Term Repo Operation (TLTRO):
- LTRO is a tool that lets banks borrow one to three-year funds from the central bank at the repo rate, by providing government securities with similar or higher tenure as collateral.
RBI revises norms for housing finance firms
- Home financiers must have at least 60% of all their assets in housing finance by 31 March 2024, with individual loans making up at least 50% of all assets, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) stated.
- By March 2022, they must have 50% in housing finance and 40% in individual loans. By March 2023, the ratio should be at least 55% and 45%, respectively.
- In its review of the regulatory framework for housing finance companies (HFCs), the central bank also outlined what type of loans can be classified as housing finance.
- RBI also set a three-month deadline for mortgage lenders to submit a board-approved plan to meet these criteria, along with a timeline for transition.
- The new rules are based on the recommendations made in July, after RBI took over the regulation of mortgage lenders from the National Housing Bank in August last year.
- Home financiers will now be regulated as a category of non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
- Home finance companies that are unable to fulfil these criteria must approach RBI to convert their certificates of registration from HFC to non-banking financial company-investment and credit company (NBFC-ICC).
- The new framework also mandates mortgage lenders to ensure they have sufficient high-quality liquid assets to survive an acute liquidity stress scenario lasting for 30 days.
- Home financiers must also have at least Rs.20 crore minimum net-owned funds to commence housing finance as its principal business or carry on the business of housing finance as its principal business.
- A home financier holding a certificate of registration and having net owned fund below 20 crore may continue to carry on the business of housing finance, if it can achieve Rs.15 crore by 31 March 2022, and Rs.20 crore by 31 March 2023.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
India’s First Sand Dune Park To Come Up In Goa With The Support Of World Bank
- Goa, the beach state is all set to have India’s first sand dune park.
- The World Bank accepted the proposal of the Biodiversity Board of the state and has sanctioned a sum of Rs 3 crore for the project. Sand dunes are geological deposits formed by the action of wind.
- The long stretches of sand dune ecosystem along the state’s coastal line have been largely neglected by both local officials and tourists, often turning them into garbage dumps.
- However, under the new initiative, this ecosystem will be revived and thematic and interpretation centres will educate locals and tourists on the importance of preserving the sand dunes.
- As part of the efforts, bridges will be constructed using eco-friendly materials to reduce the chances of the sand dune vegetation being walked over.
- The plan also includes the setting up of nurseries of sand dune vegetation, which will allow its replantation on beach stretches, where the vegetation has completely eroded. Morjim and Galibaga beaches are among the ones that’ll get this sand dune feature.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Capital: Panaji
- Chief minister: Pramod Sawant
About World Bank
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass
Ladakh LG launches 100-day campaign to provide potable water supply in schools, anganwadi centres
- In Kargil, Ladakh Lieutenant Governor, R K Mathur launched a 100 day campaign to provide assured potable water supply to schools and anganwadi centres. He also inaugurated drinking water quality testing labs for the general public under the Jal Jeevan Mission’s (JJM) Har Ghar Jal project.
- In a virtual programme in Kargil, Mr Mathur also launched the field test kits (FTKs) training to Panchayats for drinking water quality testing.
- Out of 907 schools and 1140 Anganwadi Centres in Ladakh, 258 Schools and 401 Anganwadi Centres do not have reliable and functional water supply facilities. However, during the next 100 days all such schools and Anganwadi Centres will be provided functional tap connection by the UT Administration.
- Lieutenant Governor, R K Mathur
- Capital: Leh, Kargil
UP Govt to establish anti-human trafficking Police Stations in each and every district
- Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to establish anti-human trafficking Police Stations in each and every district in a major step towards the security of women and children.
- These Police Stations will be given enough powers to register the case and investigate the matter independently.
- The state government is going to establish 40 new anti-trafficking units which will work like police stations in districts and will conduct investigation after registering the cases.
- Earlier, only 35 district in the state had Police stations of anti human trafficking unit which was established in 2011 and 2018.
- The new Police stations are being established after directives from women safety division of union Government. Union Government has also allocated funds for these units.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
BSE inks MoU with ICCI to support SMEs, start-ups in listing
- Stock exchange BSE has signed an agreement with Inventivepreneur Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ICCI) to support small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups, and promote their listing on the exchange.
- Through this association, ICCI will offer assistance in evaluating SMEs and start-ups for listing on BSE SME board.
- Besides, it will also sensitise the investor network about listed SMEs and start-ups.
- ICCI will offer industry connections to respective BSE start-ups globally and support entrepreneurship nationwide through knowledge transmission on government announced programs, acceleration fund, international presence and global business relations.
- Recently, BSE tied up with Telangana government and SME networking portal GlobalLinker to help MSMEs in raising equity funds.
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Vikramajit Sen; (Chairman); Ashishkumar Chauhan; (MD & CEO)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan is elected Seychelles President
- Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan was elected as the Seychelles President. Since 1977 this is the first time, the opposition candidate has won elections in Seychelles.
- Anglican priest Wavel Ramkalawan defeated President Danny Faure by 54.9% to 43.5%, official results show.
- Danny Faure was in power till multi-party democracy was restored in the country in 1993.
- Capital: Victoria
- Currency: Seychellois rupee
Guinea President Alpha Condé wins controversial third term
- Alpha Conde won Guinea’s disputed presidential poll, setting the stage for a controversial third term.
- He had won 59.49 percent of the votes.
- His main opponent Cellou Dalein Diallo, — at the forefront of protests against a third term for Conde — was credited with 33.5 percent of the vote.
- Capital: Conakry
- President: Alpha Condé
- Currency: Guinean franc
Luis Arce Wins Bolivian Presidential Election With 55% of Votes
- Luis Alberto Arce Catacora has been elected as Bolivia’s president, winning with 55 percent of the votes.
- His main opponent, centrist former President Carlos Mesa, received only 31.5 percent.
- Arce was a candidate for the Movement for Socialism (MAS) party, which is headed by ex-President Evo Morales, who was ousted amid nationwide protests back in 2019.
- Bolivia’s interim President Jeanine Anez earlier acknowledged the victory of Luis Arce.
- Capitals: La Paz, Sucre
- Currency: Boliviano
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
India-assisted Mangdechhu hydroelectric project in Bhutan wins award
- India-assisted Mangdechhu hydroelectric project in Bhutan has been awarded the prestigious Brunel Medal for excellence in civil engineering by the UK-based Institute of Civil Engineers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the 720 MW project on August 17 last year during his visit to Bhutan.
- The run-of-river power plant, built on the Mangdechhu River in Trongsa Dzongkhag district of central Bhutan at a cost of Rs 4,500-crore.
- The Mangdechhu power plant was developed by the Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Project Authority, which was jointly constituted by the Indian and the Bhutanese governments.
- The Mangdechhu project was funded by India through a 70 per cent loan and a 30 per cent grant.
- Capital: Thimphu
- Prime minister: Lotay Tshering
- Currency: Bhutanese ngultrum
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India ranks 131 out of 138 in global mobile internet speed ranking: Ookla
- India has ranked 131 out of 138 in global mobile internet speed rankings in September 2020, according to Ookla Speedtest Global Index.
- India’s average download speed stood at 07 Mbps as opposed to the global average download speed of 35.96 Mbps.
- Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Nepal ranked higher on the list, compared to India, at 102, 116, and 117 respectively.
- South Korea has topped the listwith an average mobile internet speed of 00 Mbps.
- When it comes tofixed line broadband Internet speeds, India is placed 70th out of 175 nations – well above most of its neighbouring countries – with an average download speed of 47Mbps.
- Singaporehas topped this index with the download speed of 60 Mbps.
- The Speedtest Global Index compares internet speed data from around the world on a monthly basis. The data for the index comes from the hundreds of millions of tests taken by real people using Speedtest every month.
Samsung Beats Amazon, IBM to Top Forbes List of World’s Best Employers
- Korean tech major Samsung has become the best employer in the world this year, according to the rankings by US business magazine Forbes.
- Samsung beat some of the most renowned companies including Amazon, IBM and Microsoft to rank No.1 in 2020, taking a giant leap from the previous 76th rank last year and 106th rank in 2018 on a list of 750 MNCs(Multi National Corporations).
- From India, HCL Technologiesis top industry in the list. It is placed at 30th rank globally.
- In Banking sector, HDFC Bankis top from India. It is at 176th rank.
- In addition to this, state-run power giant NTPC Ltd. has topped the list among Indian PSUs. Globally it is ranked at 261 rank.
- This year, the ranking was based on a study based on the employers’ COVID-19 response, talent acquisition, gender equality and so on.
UP govt secures first rank in disbursing loans under PM Swanidhi Scheme
- Uttar Pradesh government has secured the first rank in central government’s one of the most ambitious schemes – the PM Atmanirbhar Nidhi Scheme (SVANidhi Scheme) by approving the highest number of loans under the scheme in the country
- State has ranked first in all the categories – Applications, Sanctions and Disbursements of the loans under the scheme. As many as 6,22,167 applications were received under the scheme in the state which is highest in the country, out of which sanctions were given to 3,46,150 applicants while the loans were disbursed to 2,26,728 beneficiaries.
- Seven cities of the state also find place in the list of top 10 cities of the country. Varanasi, Lucknow and Aligarh are the top three cities in the list even as other cities of the state include Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Ghaziabad and Kanpur. The scheme was launched on June 1, 2020, by the Central Government to help the street vendors resume their livelihood activities that were impacted by COVID-19.
- It aims at facilitating working capital loan up to Rs. 10,000 at a subsidised rate of interest. The scheme aims at providing benefits to street vendors or hawkers in urban, pre-urban and rural areas.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS
Indian Parliamentary Delegation led by LS Speaker to attend VIth BRICS Parliamentary Forum
- The VIth BRICS Parliamentary Forum will be held in Virtual format on 27 October, 2020. The meeting will be chaired by the HE Vyachaslav Volodin, Chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation.
- Speakers and members of five BRICS Parliaments namely Brazil, Russian Federation, India, China and South Africa will participate in the Forum. An Indian Parliamentary Delegation led by Om Birla, Hon’ble Speaker, Lok Sabha and consisting of Kanimozhi Karunanidhi, MP, Lok Sabha will attend the Forum. Smt. Snehlata Shrivastava, Secretary General, Lok Sabha will also attend the above event.
- The theme of the Forum is BRICS partnership in the interest of global stability, general safety and innovative growth: Parliamentary dimension. During the meeting, in the backdrop of the COVID-19, the Forum will have discussions on a wide range of cross-cutting issues related to the following subjects: Improvement in the quality of life of people of BRICS countries: Parliamentary dimension.
- Preparation of legislative initiatives in the area of public health care, social protection of citizens during the COVID-19 pandemic, economic rehabilitation in the post-COVID period including the support measures to MSMEs and the development of distant regions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIT in Partnership with TCS Sets New Trends in India’s Advanced Manufacturing Sector
- IIT Kharagpur has developed novel Industry 4.0 technology for remotely controlled factory operations and real-time quality correction during industrial production, jointly with TCS to set a new trend in India’s advanced manufacturing sector.
- At the time of pandemic when staffing has restrictions due to the hygiene and social distancing norms, cloud infrastructure, remote and real-time operations systems hold the key to maintain effective industrial operations. But the benefits of controlled operations have a bigger impact especially in the context of Atma Nirbhar Bharat in delivering quality output at low costs.
- The present innovation upgraded the industrial process of friction stir welding to a multi-sensory system of Industry 4.0. It has not only set the course for remotely controlled operations in the Indian industrial sector but has also enabled real-time quality check and correction during the production process.
- This will make possible for industrial houses to achieve standardized quality goals throughout the production process and reduce rejection hence lowering the cost of production.
- CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Lewis Hamilton wins Portuguese GP to break Michael Schumacher’s F1 record
- Lewis Hamilton to take a commanding victory in the Portuguese Grand Prix and break Formula 1’s all-time win record.
- Hamilton dominated to take his 92nd career Grand Prix victory.
- With this win he has surpassed the record of 91 wins set by German great Michael Schumacher.
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes- Finland) came second followed by Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) at third spot.
Alexander Zverev wins title in Cologne for 2nd week in a row
- Alexander Zverev made it back-to-back ATP Tour titles when he beat Diego Schwartzman in the final of the Cologne Championship.
- It’s Zverev’s 13th title overall.
- It was held in Cologne, Germany.
Sabalenka beats sick Azarenka to win Ostrava Open
- Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus won the Ostrava Open WTA tournament after beating her visibly struggling compatriot Victoria Azarenka
- It was Sabalenka’s second title this year after a win at the Qatar Open in February, before the coronavirus pandemic broke out.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Samsung chairman Lee Kun-hee passes away at 78
- Samsung Electronics chairman, Lee Kun-hee has passed away. He was 78.
- During his lifetime, Samsung Electronics also became one of the world’s biggest tech firms.
- He was the richest person in South Korea, according to Forbes, with a net worth of nearly $21bn (£16bn).
Veteran Gujarati Singer Mahesh Kanodia passes away
- Veteran Gujarati film musician, singer and former Lok Sabha MP from Patan constituency Mahesh Kanodia has passed away following prolonged illness.
- He was a member of the 10th, 11th, 12th and 14th Lok Sabha from Patan constituency of North Gujarat. His contribution in Gujarati Cinema was spread over more than four decades. He was known for singing in 32 different voices including female voices.
- He was awarded for Best Music for the Gujarati films Jigar ane Ami, Tanariri, Jog Sanjog and Laju Lakhan.
DAILY CA 24th OCT
- World Snow Leopard’s Day-23rd oct
- World Polio Day- 24th oct
- World Development Information Day- 24th oct
- United Nations Day- 24th oct
- AYUSH Minister inaugurates Regional Raw Drug Repository at AIIA
- PM Modi to inaugurate 3 projects including Kisan Suryodaya in Gujarat
- Indian Railways launches Freight Business Development Portal to boost freight business
- Andorra joins the IMF and becomes the organization’s 190th member
- India gets chairmanship of International Labour Organisation’s governing body after a gap of 35 years
- NATO plans to set up new space center in Germany
- Pakistan to remain in grey list of global terror financing watchdog- FATF till February 2021
- US, EU launch new bilateral dialogue on China
- BPCL ties up with Fino Payments Bank for recharging truck drivers’ fleet cards
- In India’s biggest property deal, RMZ to sell $2bn of offices to Brookfield
- Mastercard Partners with Atlantis to Expand Digital First Program in India
- Karnataka govt gives nod to switch implementing agency for Bhagyalakshmi scheme
- Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami lays foundation for nine industrial projects worth Rs 10,000 cr
- Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launches ‘e-Dharti Geo portal’
- Saad Hariri renamed as Lebanon PM a year after stepping down
- General N K Sahoo takes charge as of DG, Dental Services & Colonel Commandant of ADC
- Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports appoints Bimal Julka as Chairman
- 14th session of Food and Agri Week 2020 held
- Indian Navy operationalises first batch of 3 women pilots at Kochi, ready to fly Dornier aircraft
- Indian Navy Missile Corvette INS Prabal launches anti-ship missile
- Haryana tops Anemia Mukt Bharat Index in country
- Billavara Association ex-president Jaya C Suvarna passes away
DAILY CA 25th -27th OCT
- International Day of Diplomats- 24th oct
- Vigilance Awareness Week- 27th oct -2nd nov
- World Day for Audiovisual Heritage-24th oct
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police celebrates 59th Raising Day
- Income tax return filing deadline for FY20 extended till December 31
- MoS for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan inaugurates philately exhibition on ‘India and the UN: A Postal History’
- Ministry of Earth Sciences dedicates Flash Flood Guidance services for South Asian countries
- Bangladesh govt orders ‘no mask, no service’ policy
- Third India-US 2 plus 2 Ministerial Dialogue underway in New Delhi
- Reserve Bank bars payment system operators from launching new QR codes
- NBFCs approach RBI for inclusion as beneficiaries to on-tap TLTRO
- RBI revises norms for housing finance firms
- India’s First Sand Dune Park To Come Up In Goa With The Support Of World Bank
- Ladakh LG launches 100-day campaign to provide potable water supply in schools, anganwadi centres
- UP Govt to establish anti-human trafficking Police Stations in each and every district
- BSE inks MoU with ICCI to support SMEs, start-ups in listing
- Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan is elected Seychelles President
- Guinea President Alpha Condé wins controversial third term
- Luis Arce Wins Bolivian Presidential Election With 55% of Votes
- India-assisted Mangdechhu hydroelectric project in Bhutan wins award
- India ranks 131 out of 138 in global mobile internet speed ranking: Ookla
- Samsung Beats Amazon, IBM to Top Forbes List of World’s Best Employers
- UP govt secures first rank in disbursing loans under PM Swanidhi Scheme
- Indian Parliamentary Delegation led by LS Speaker to attend VIth BRICS Parliamentary Forum
- IIT in Partnership with TCS Sets New Trends in India’s Advanced Manufacturing Sector
- Lewis Hamilton wins Portuguese GP to break Michael Schumacher’s F1 record
- Alexander Zverev wins title in Cologne for 2nd week in a row
- Sabalenka beats sick Azarenka to win Ostrava Open
- Samsung chairman Lee Kun-hee passes away at 78
- Veteran Gujarati Singer Mahesh Kanodia passes away