Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day of the Seafarer
- The Day of the Seafarer is celebrated each year on June 25. On this day, people pay respect to Seafarers and sailors who help the entire world function by conducting sea transport.
- Day of the Seafarer celebration was first started in 2010 by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- 2020 campaign– Seafarers are Key Workers
World Vitiligo Day
- The World Vitiligo Day, observed on June 25, is an initiative aimed to build global awareness about vitiligo.
- Vitiligo occurs in 1-2% of the population worldwide; a loss of color in the skin creating a variety of patterns on the skin from loss of pigment.
- The day was created by the non-profit organizationsVR Foundation of USA and VITSAF of Nigeria and the first World Vitiligo Day was held in 2011.
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- This day was observed on 26 June every year to make people aware of the harmful effects of drugs and to determine a society free of drug abuse.
- It was established by the United Nations General Assembly to strengthen global action and cooperation.
- The theme for the 2020 International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking “Better Knowledge for Better Care”
International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- The UN International Day in Support of Victims of Torture on 26 June marks the moment in 1987 when the UN Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, one of the key instruments in fighting torture, came into effect.
- The Convention has been ratified by 162 countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Health minister Harsh Vardhan launches mobile app ‘eBloodServices’ to order blood
- Union health minister Harsh Vardhan launched the ‘eBloodServices’ App in partnership with the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS), for easy access to blood in this critical time of coronavirus pandemic.
- The app is developed by the ERaktkosh team and will bring ‘transparency’ in the blood donation program.
- Through this app, the availability of blood will be visible right in your phone. Once an order has been placed then the blood bank will keep the request active for 12 hours. The app has the facility of placing an order for up to four units of blood in one go.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- Minister of Science and Technology, Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Minister of Earth Sciences: Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- Constituency: Chandni chowk, New Delhi
About Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS):
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Niti Aayog launches behaviour change campaign ‘navigating the new normal’
- NITI Aayog launched the behaviour change campaign ‘Navigating the New Normal’ and its website to help people follow norms to contain the spread of Covid-19.
- Focusing on Covid-safe behaviour, especially wearing masks, during the ‘Unlock’ phase of the Covid-19 pandemic, the campaign has been developed under the guidance of Empowered Group 6, chaired by NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
- The campaign has two parts. The first is a web portal containing resources informed by behavioural science and the use of nudge and social norms theory, related to Covid-safe behavioural norms during the ongoing Unlock phase and the second is a media campaign focused on the wearing of masks.
- Kant stated an effort has been made to provide people with prompts and reminders along with simple, easy-to-practice ideas of designing their environment in such a manner that practising such behaviour becomes easy.
- The campaign and website were launched in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Centre for Social and Behavioural Change (CSBC), Ashoka University, and the Ministries of Health and WCD.
- As many as 92,000 NGOs and civil society organisations(CSOs) working with NITI Aayog too participated in the virtual launch.
About NITI Aayog:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Narendra Modi, (Chairperson)
- Rajiv Kumar, (Vice Chairperson)
- Amitabh Kant, (CEO)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
World’s first yoga university outside India launched in Los Angeles
- The World’s first yoga university outside India has been launched in Los Angeles, offering programmes that combine scientific principles and modern research approaches to the ancient Indian practice.
- The Vivekananda Yoga University (VaYU) was jointly launched by Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan and Chairperson of the Standing Committee on External Affairs P P Chaudhary during a virtual event held at the Consulate General of India in New York.
- Eminent Indian yoga guru Dr H R Nagendra, Chancellor of Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (SVYASA), is the first Chairman of VaYU.
- It will facilitate collaborative research, credit transfers and joint programmes with multiple premier universities across the world. The university will offer an online master’s programme in yoga. The applications for fall 2020 semester are open with the first day of classes starting on August 24 in a virtual mode.
- The launch comes within three months of receiving official recognition from the Bureau for Private Post-secondary Education, California to offer yoga-based higher education programmes in November 2019.
India’s NTPC wins PMC job for 500-MW solar project in Mali
- Indian power producer NTPC Ltd has won a project management consultancy (PMC) contract for the development of a 500-MW solar park in the Republic of Mali.
- The award was made at an event held on June 24, NTPC stated, without giving more details about the project.
- The Indian enterprise earlier this year won a similar contract involving a 285-MW solar project in Togo. The company stated that it intends to anchor 10,000 MW of solar parks in International Solar Alliance (ISA) member countries over the next two years.
- At present, NTPC has 62,110 MW of installed capacity and has an objective to become a 130 GW company by 2032.
- Chairman & Managing Director (CMD)– Gurdeep Singh
- Headquarters– New Delhi
About Republic of Mali:
- Capital– Bamako
- Currency– CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine) franc
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Yes Bank, UDMA Technologies launch digital wallet Yuva Pay
- Yes Bank announced the launch of ‘Yuva Pay, a digital wallet, in partnership with UDMA Technologies to enable contactless payments.
- Through the app, utility bills like municipal, house, water tax, electricity, LPG, DTH, mobilephone bill, licence fee, windmill and solar park fee, building sanction fees and billboard taxes can be paid via Bharat Bill Pay and Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- Besides, insurance renewal, fastag recharge, EMI payment, school fee can be paid through the facility, the bank stated in a statement.
- The first live programme of the solution will be implemented by the Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department, Karnataka, and the first phase will cover 158 gram panchayats with 238 villages, the statement stated.
- Subsequently, the programme would be rolled out to 6,200 gram panchayats covering 12 million households across 29,000 villages in the second phase, it stated.
About Yes Bank:
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: Experience our Expertise.
IRDAI sets up panel on insurance for use drones
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has formed a working group to suggest insurance products covering the various risks involved in the use of drones.
- There is an immediate need to make available suitable insurance products covering the various risks involved in the use of drones, the insurance regulator stated.
- Drones are emerging as one of the fastest growing technologies and are being used for a variety of purposes and are playing a ‘significant’ role in the present Covid-19 situation helping the authorities in several activities, IRDAI stated.
- The nine-member panel, headed by Anjan Dev, General Manager, New India Assurance Co, has been asked to study and understand the insurance needs of Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) owners and operators.
- Apart from making recommendations on design and development of products meeting the needs of RPAS owners and operators, including third party liability, the group will suggest measures relating to underwriting of different risks.
- Founded: 1999
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Jagan Mohan Reddy releases Rs 15,000 each to Kapu community women
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy Launched the YSR Kapu Nestham scheme intended to provide financial assistance of Rs 15,000 per annum each to members of the Kapu community.
- About Rs 354 crore was transferred to over 2.36 lakh women aged between 45 and 60 having rice cards and belonging to Kapu, Balija, Telaga and Ontari communities as part of the scheme.
- The eligible beneficiaries will get the benefit within one month and, on the same day next month they will be given the financial assistance.
- Rs 4,470 cr sanctioned for 23 lakh people of Kapu community under Amma Vodi, Vasati Deevena, Vidya Deevena, Vahana Mitra, Chedodu, Videsi Vidya Deevena and Kapu Nestham in 13 months.
- Rs 75,000 to be given to each beneficiary in five years i.e., Rs 15,000 every year
About Andhra Pradesh
- Legislative Capital: Amaravati, Executive Capital: Vizag, Judicial Capital: Kurnool
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Tripura announces schemes to combat infant, maternal mortality, malnourishment
- Tripura announced Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar, an ambitious scheme to provide nutrition kits to pregnant and lactating women.
- Pregnant women would be tested four times in nearby Primary Health Centers (PHC), and be given a nutrition kit after each test as per the Matru Pushti Uphaar
- The kit, costing Rs500, would have food items and grocery supplies, such as peanuts, soyabeans, mixed pulses, jaggery and ghee.
- As many as 40,000 women will benefit annually under the scheme. The state government estimates to incur an expense of around Rs 8 crore for the scheme.
- The state scheme will be in addition to the Pradhan Mantri Matru Bandana Yojana.
- The revised guidelines will grant them six eggs per week, along with 20 gm jaggery and 200 ml milk on six days of a week.
- Capital: Agartala
- Governor: Ramesh Bais
- Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
Kushinagar Airport in Uttar Pradesh to be an international airport
- Recently, the Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for the declaration of Kushinagar Airport in the state of Uttar Pradesh as an international airport.
- It will be India’s 29thInternational Airport and fourth of Uttar Pradesh including the under construction Jewar Airport.
- Kushinagar itself is known to be a Buddhist cultural site and the Kushinagar Airport is located in the vicinity of several well known Buddhist cultural sites like Lumbini, Kapilvastu, Sravasti, etc.
- This move will offer better air connectivity, a wider choice of competitive costs to air passengers.
- The transformation of Kushinagar Airport into an international airport will also give a boost to domestic and international tourism as well as economic development of the regions.
- In the coming years, the Noida International Greenfield Airport or the Jewar International Airport in Uttar Pradesh will become India’s largest airport and also, one among the biggest airports in the world in terms of runway numbers. The Jewar Airport is proposed to be developed in an area of 5000 acres and the project is likely to cost around Rs 29,560 crore. It will be the third airport in the National Capital Region after Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport and Ghaziabad’s Hindon Airport.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
Telangana CM Launches Sixth Phase Of Haritha Haram Programme
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao launched the sixth phase of Haritha Haram programme by planting a Black Plum (Neredu) sapling in the Narsapur forest area in Medak district.
- The CM inaugurated the Narsapur Urban Forest Park, which was developed in 636 acres.
- The CM personally examined the Forest and Forest revival programme being implemented in Narsapur forest area. He also examined the works related to natural Forest, Rock fill Dam, Water harvesting.
- The CM stated that forest is there in the river valley regions like Khammam, Warangal, Karimnagar and Adilabad districts. Other than these districts, Narsapur is the only area where there are thick forests. He urged that the more importance should be given to protect the forests and afforestation should be done in the deforested areas.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Karnataka Becomes First State To Amend Industries (Facilitation) Act For Small, Medium & Large-Scale Industries
- The Karnataka government amended the long pending industrial reform “The Karnataka Industries (Facilitation) Act, 2002” to facilitate and attract investment in the state. The decision was taken by the state Cabinet meeting chaired by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yediyurappa.
- Currently, only Gujarat and Rajasthan are the two states in the country that have amended this Act for small scale industries In Karnataka, the amended act includes small, medium and large scale industries.
- Under the amended Act, an industry would not need any statutory permissions for the first three years, or whichever is earlier to set up operations in the state. These permissions include approvals from under multiple state laws, including trade licence and building-plan approval, measures that would save lot of time and cost for industries.
- The objective of the amended Act is to simplify regulations and reduce procedural requirements and create a conducive investment environment.
- In the midst of this sobering business environment, the Karnataka State Cabinet cleared the (Facilitation) Act, 2002. This Act has been a long pending demand by the investors and will usher in investments to the state in coming days.
- In the past, numerous procedures and clearances have resulted in delay of setting up industries and escalated the project cost for the investors, thus resulting in a huge economic toll and delayed investment to the state. Keeping that in mind, the newly amended Act shall ensure the investors are insulated by the delays.
- In order to kick-start the economic activity post-covid-19, the Karnataka government in the last few weeks has stressed on Ease of Doing Business, with a single window for investors, simplified processes, regular consultation with Industry, stable policy-driven. The state has also simplified land and labour laws to promote Karnataka as an investment destination.
About Karnataka :
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
PM Modi to launch ‘Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan’ for migrant workers
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan which is focused on generating employment for those migrant workers of Uttar Prdesh who recently returned from other states.
- Around one crore 25 lakh people will be provided employment in the state in different schemes. The program will be launched through Video-Conference in presence of the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath. Ministers of concerned Ministries of the state will also participate in the virtual launch.
- ‘ROZGAR KA NAYA ABHIYAN, HAR SHRAMIK-KAMGAR KO KAM’ – With this motto, the state government will provide employment to 1.25 crore workers of the state in different schemes of central and state government.
- A loan amount of 5900 crores will be distributed to 2.40 Lakh units under Atmanirbhar Bharat Package. 1.11 lakh new units will also get 3226 crore rupees as loan amount. Around 5 thousand artists will get tool kits through Vishwakarma Shram Samman yojna under one district one product scheme of state. The Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan will be launched in 31 districts of the state. These districts have more than 25,000 returnee migrant workers. These include 5 aspirational districts also.
- Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan is focused towards providing employment, promoting local entrepreneurship and creating partnership with Industrial associations to provide employment opportunities. Nearly 30 lakh migrant workers have returned recently from the other parts of state in Uttar Pradesh.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Sanjay Kumar To Succeed Ajoy Mehta As Chief Secretary Of Maharashtra
- The Maharashtra government appointed senior bureaucrat Sanjay Kumar as the new chief secretary.
- Kumar will succeed Ajoy Mehta, who, post retirement on June 30, will take over as principal advisor to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, a new position created in the backdrop of the coronavirus crisis.
- Kumar, who is currently Additional Chief Secretary in the housing department and also holds the additional charge of the home department.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Priyanka Chopra, Anurag Kashyap among ambassadors for TIFF 2020
- Indian star Priyanka Chopra and filmmaker Anurag Kashyap are among the 50 celebrated filmmakers and actors invited as the ambassadors of a slimmed down Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) this year.
- The festival, slated to run from September 10 to September 19, will be opting for digital screenings and virtual red carpets for the first time due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Chopra and Kashyap will join Oscar winners and celebrated international names including filmmakers Martin Scorsese, Alfonso Cuaron, Taika Waititi, Ava DuVernay, Rian Johnson, Denis Villeneuve, and actors Nicole Kidman, Nadine Labaki, Riz Ahmed, Isabelle Huppert, Zhang Ziyi to help TIFF deliver a strong gala this year.
- The 45th edition of the festival plans to screen 50 films during its first five days in physical theatres through socially-distanced screenings.
- For the first time in its history, TIFF will launch a digital platform for the festival, hoping to connect with audiences beyond Toronto by hosting digital screenings, as well as numerous talks and special events.
Clare Connor to become first female MCC president in 233 years
- Former England woman all-rounder Clare Connor is all set to become the first female president of the Marylebone Cricket Club in the club’s 233-year long history.
- The announcement to appoint Connor as MCC president was made by current president and Sri Lankan great Kumar Sangakkara during the club’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Sangakkara will continue to remain at the position for a second twelve-month tenure in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic that has affected all the sporting activities across the world.
- Connor will join the new role on October 1, 2020 following approval by the MCC members.
- Connor is currently serving as the Managing Director of Women’s Cricket for the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB). She was also made an Honorary Life Member of MCC in 2009.
Trump nominates Indian-American entrepreneur to IDFC board
- An Indian-American entrepreneur, who was on the board of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), has been nominated by President Donald Trump to be a director of the reconstituted US International Development Finance Corporation (IDFC).
- The nomination of Deven J Parekh to a three-year term was announced by the White House.
- He is a managing director at the investment company, Insight Partners.
- Then his nomination is approved by the Senate, he will join Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross on the IDFC board.
- Parekh was appointed to the OPIC board of directors by former President Barack Obama.
- The OPIC was reconstituted by Trump as the IDFC to widen its mission to promote international development through private sector businesses, especially small businesses, in developing nations in order to further US foreign policy objectives while generating returns for the US.
About U.S. International Development Finance Corporation:
- S. International Development Finance Corporation is an independent agency of the U.S. Government that provides financing for private development projects.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Chief Executive Officer: Adam S. Boehler
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
United Nations honours KK Shailaja for efforts to fight pandemic
- The United Nations gave recognition to the achievement of the Kerala state in fighting Covid-19 on its Public Service Day, celebrated on June 23.
- Health Minister KK Shailaja was the lone speaker from the country to speak about the strategies adopted by the state.
- At the webinar streamed on UN Web TV, she shared her views along with the Secretary- General of the United Nations António Guterres; President of the General Assembly Tijjani Muhammad-Bande; Minister of Interior and Safety, Republic of Korea Chin Young; Director General, World Health Organization Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus; President of Ethiopia Sahle-Work Zewde and senior officers of the UN.
- The event was organised to honour leaders who have done commendable work in the fight against Covid-19.
National TB Elimination Program 2019: Nagaland, Tripura awarded for best performing small states
- Nagaland and Tripura have been awarded for being the best performing small states under the National TB elimination programme in the year 2019. This was declared during the release of the annual TB Report 2020 by Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- Nagaland was among the few states awarded for their performance under National TB elimination programme 2019. Along with Tripura State, Nagaland was awarded in the category of smaller states with less than 50 lakh population.
- In the categories of larger states with more than 50 lakh populations, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh were awarded as best performing States. While, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and Daman & Diu were chosen as the best performers in the category of Union Territory.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport becomes 1st in India with this new tech at both ends of runway
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport gets Aviation Weather Monitoring System for the first time in India, an Aviation Weather Monitoring System has been installed at the Bangalore airport at both ends of the runway.
- The Aviation Weather Monitoring System has been developed by Bengaluru-based CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL).
- Apart from this, Bengaluru airport has also installed four Drishti Transmissometers which is expected to help in measuring the Runway Visibility Range (RVR). With this, the number of RVRs installed at the both runways have reached six.
- According to the airport authorities, the Drishti Transmissometers are also made by NAL in association with the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
- The move of installing RVRs and AWMS boosts the airport’s vision of ‘Made in India.’
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Rahul Dravid beats Sachin Tendulkar in Wisden poll on greatest Indian Test batsman
- According to a poll conducted on social media by Wisden India, Dravid beat Tendulkar by a narrow margin of votes in the final round of voting.
- Rahul Dravid is the greatest Indian Test batsman, got 52 per cent of the votes, with as many as 11,400 fans taking part in the final round of voting.
- The poll initially had 16 Indian batting greats, with Sunil Gavaskar and Virat Kohli being the two others to have made it through to the ‘semi finals’. Gavaskar beat Kohli in the ‘third-place play-off’ by a narrow margin.
Liverpool crowned Premier League champions for first time after Chelsea win
- Thirty years of hurt came to an end for Liverpool when they were confirmed as Premier League champions courtesy of second-placed Manchester City’s 2-1 defeat by Chelsea.
- The result at Stamford Bridge means Liverpool have an unassailable 23-point lead over City with seven games left.
- Liverpool were last champions of England when they won the old First Division title in 1989-90 after which a decline in fortunes saw Manchester United and Arsenal, then Chelsea and Manchester City seize power.
- Inspirational manager Juergen Klopp has rekindled the Anfield flame though and delivered the club’s 19th top-flight title, one behind arch-rivals United’s record of 20, after finishing runners-up to City in a thrilling race last season.As the Chelsea game moved into stoppage time at an empty stadium in London, 350km away outside Anfield Liverpool fans began lighting red flares as the celebrations began in earnest.
- Liverpool finished last season with nine straight league wins and, after claiming the Champions League by beating Tottenham Hotspur in Madrid, began the new campaign in relentless fashion to leave rivals trailing in their wake.
- With 28 wins and one defeat in 31 games, Liverpool have set a record-breaking pace and were 25 points clear in February — the biggest lead in Premier League history.
Australia, New Zealand win joint bid to host 2023 Fifa Women’s World Cup
- Australia and New Zealand will co-host the 2023 Women’s World Cup.
- The island neighbours beat Colombia 22-13 in a vote by the FIFA Council.
- The expanded 32-team tournament, eight more than the 2019 edition in France, is expected to open in July 2023.
- The winning bid proposed 12 cities with seven in Australia and five in New Zealand. It includes the main stadium used for the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
- After a successful World Cup last year, FIFA wants the next women’s tournament to further establish its independence from the men, and show it is commercially attractive.
- At least $100 million is expected to be paid by the governing body in 2023 for prize money, team preparation costs and to clubs releasing players for the tournament Fifa president Gianni Infantino pledged last year in France.
|FIFA Women’s World Cup hosts||Winners|
|2015- Canada||United states|
|2019- France||United states|
|2023- Australia , New Zealand|
DAILY CA 25th JUNE
- Govt approves Rs 15K-cr animal husbandry infra fund to generate employment
- Gadkari launches scheme to provide Rs 20,000 cr guarantee cover to MSMEs
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates Devika and Puneja Bridges in Udhampur & Doda Districts
- Govt to provide 2% interest subsidy to ‘Shishu’ borrowers under Mudra Yojna
- MSDE Ministry, IBM unveil Free Digital Learning Platform to reach job seekers
- Tourism Ministry conducts webinar on ‘Vedic Food and Spices of India’
- Cabinet opens space assets for private sector
- CBDT extends last date for filing income tax return for 2019-20 till 30th November
- Terror financing watchdog FATF decides to continue Pakistan in Grey List
- Sachin Bansal’s Navi launches new instant lending app with paperless KYC
- J&K Bank launches products to provide financial support to business communities
- Haryana govt, Reliance Jio TV enter agreement to educate 52 lakh students
- World’s First Gold-backed Digital Gold Currency Launched in India
- India’s GDP to contract by 5.3% in FY21, bounce back in FY22: Ind-Ra
- IMF projects sharp contraction of 4.5% in Indian economy in 2020; a historic low
- CCI approves acquisition of 9.99% stake in Jio Platforms by Jaadhu Holdings LLC
- Joe Biden wins Democratic Presidential primary in New York
- Folk artist Gulabbai Sangamnerkar to get lifetime honour
- Himachal bags e-Panchayat Puraskar 2020
- Six District Hospitals of J&K UT win Kayakalap award
- THE Young University Ranking 2020: IIT-Ropar best in country, two Indian institutes in global top 100
- Max Life at Rank 24 is the Only Life Insurance Company to be Amongst India”s Top 100 Great Places to Work
- New Zealand’s Rachel Priest Announces Retirement from International Cricket
- World Karate Federation provisionally de-recognises KAI
- US Open Include Wheelchair Tennis In 2020 Tournament
- Trinamool MLA Tamonash Ghosh passes away of COVID-19
- Director Joel Schumacher passes away
- State basketball star Ragunath passes away
DAILY CA 26th JUNE
- International Day of the Seafarer- 25th june
- World Vitiligo Day- 25th june
- International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking- 26th june
- International Day in Support of Victims of Torture- 26th june
- Health minister Harsh Vardhan launches mobile app ‘eBloodServices’ to order blood
- Niti Aayog launches behaviour change campaign ‘navigating the new normal’
- World’s first yoga university outside India launched in Los Angeles
- India’s NTPC wins PMC job for 500-MW solar project in Mali
- Yes Bank, UDMA Technologies launch digital wallet Yuva Pay
- IRDAI sets up panel on insurance for use drones
- Jagan Mohan Reddy releases Rs 15,000 each to Kapu community women
- Tripura announces schemes to combat infant, maternal mortality, malnourishment
- Kushinagar Airport in Uttar Pradesh to be an international airport
- Telangana CM Launches Sixth Phase Of Haritha Haram Programme
- Karnataka Becomes First State To Amend Industries (Facilitation) Act For Small, Medium & Large-Scale Industries
- PM Modi to launch ‘Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan’ for migrant workers
- Sanjay Kumar To Succeed Ajoy Mehta As Chief Secretary Of Maharashtra
- Priyanka Chopra, Anurag Kashyap among ambassadors for TIFF 2020
- Clare Connor to become first female MCC president in 233 years
- Trump nominates Indian-American entrepreneur to IDFC board
- United Nations honours KK Shailaja for efforts to fight pandemic
- National TB Elimination Program 2019: Nagaland, Tripura awarded for best performing small states
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport becomes 1st in India with this new tech at both ends of runway
- Rahul Dravid beats Sachin Tendulkar in Wisden poll on greatest Indian Test batsman
- Liverpool crowned Premier League champions for first time after Chelsea win
- Australia, New Zealand win joint bid to host 2023 Fifa Women’s World Cup