Daily Current Affairs: 23rd Sep 2020
Dear aspirants as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the expectation of the recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topics is Daily Current Affairs. This topic plays a very vital role in every competitive exam. Questions on latest Current affairs are an integral part of the general awareness section. It urges the aspirants to be updated with what is going in India and around the world. In recent years the importance of current affairs today has proportionally increased with the analytical trend of questions as well as with the enhanced weightage.
In the Current Affairs & GK section you can easily score well by consuming less time. It does not need any lengthy calculation or remembering the logic behind that. It just needs to have a read at a glance. Generally, the examination is conducted by different exam bodies. All the exams had relatively more current affairs questions. But many aspirants have not realized the importance of current affairs while preparing for all competitive exams. But after finishing the exam they come to know the importance of the latest current affairs. Aspirants who wish to crack their exams, latest gk section and current affairs are very very essential. After clearing the exam, even in the interview also they have asked about the ongoing latest gk and current affairs and judge your views based on it. So apart from the academic knowledge, students should know the importance and must be aware of daily current affairs 2020.
Our IBPSGuide team will provide you the best daily current affairs content here. Due to its importance here we have given daily current affairs 2020 events with a structure of both national and international levels. Along with that our professional experts conduct an online video session on the latest current affairs 2020 on a daily basis. Once you go through the video fully you are able to grab the daily current affairs 2020 content at just a glance. Aspirants are advised to follow our daily current affairs page regularly to enhance your general awareness skill easily with spending less amount of time. If you are seriously trying to get a government job then you should make a habit of reading daily current affairs 2020. For your convenience on this page, our team has updated the content of the latest current affairs 2020 in a day-wise format. So keep following us and attain your success in your desired career.
TODAY’s CURRENT AFFAIRS
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Rhino Day
- World Wildlife Fund-South Africa in 2010, announced to celebrate World Rhino Day on 22 September every year.
- This special day provides the opportunity for cause-related organizations, NGOs, zoos, and members of the public to celebrate rhinos in their own unique ways.
- Apart from the Indian one-horned rhino, there are four other famous species. These include the Sumatran rhino, Black rhino, Javan rhino and the White rhino.
- Theme 2020 Five Rhino Species Together
World Car Free Day
- World Car Free Day, which is celebrated on September 22, encourages motorists to give up their cars for a day.
- WorldCarfree Day is an annual celebration of cities and public life, free from the noise, stress and pollution of cars.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government gives one-year extension to Company Law Committee
- The ministry of corporate affairs has extended the tenure of the Company Law Committee by one year to September 2021.
- The committee, constituted is now chaired by corporate affairs secretary Rajesh Verma.
- It was set up to suggest measures to de-clog and improve functioning of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) and make recommendations on various issues pertaining to implementation of the Companies Act as well as the Limited Liability Partnership Act.
- The committee, which has a total of 11 members, has the mandate to submit recommendations in phases and subject-wise to the government from time to time as may be decided by the chairperson.
- Current Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs of India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Constituency: Andhra Pradesh
PM Modi lays foundation stone of 9 highway projects, launches ‘Ghar tak fibre’ scheme in poll-bound Bihar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of nine highway projects in Bihar through video conference.
- He also inaugurated the ‘Ghar Tak Fibre‘ project wherein all the 45,945 villages of Bihar will be connected through optical fibre internet Service.
Highway Projects worth Rs 14,000 crore
- These nine highway projects involve a road length of about 350 kilometers at a cost of Rs 14,258 crore.
- These roads will enhance better connectivity, convenience and economic growth in and around the State.
- Movement of people and goods will also improve substantially, especially with the neighbouring States of Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand.
- The Prime Minister had declared a special package for significant infrastructure development of Bihar in the year 2015. This included 75 projects worth Rs 54,700 crore, of which 13 projects have been completed, work is undergoing at 38 and others are in DPR/Bidding/Sanction stage.
Ghar Tak Fibre
- The “Ghar Tak Fibre” is a prestigious project covering all 45,945 villages of Bihar which will enable a digital revolution to reach the farthest corner of the State.
- This project will be executed by combined efforts of Department of Telecom, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology and Common Service Centres (CSC).
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Chief minister: Nitish Kumar
- Capital: Patna
Centre approved Outlay for PM Svanidhi Scheme is Rs.600 Crore
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched Prime Minister Street Vendor’s Amta Nirbhar Nidhi Scheme (PM SVANidhi).
- It aims at facilitating collateral free working capital loans upto Rs 10,000 of 1 year tenure, to about 50 lakh street vendors across the country.
- It also provides for incentives in the form of interest subsidy @ 7% per annum on regular repayment of loan and cash-back upto Rs. 100 per month on undertaking prescribed digital transactions.
- For the purpose of scheme administration, an end-to-end solution through an IT platform has been developed in collaboration with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- The approved outlay for PM SVANidhi scheme is 600 crore.
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs and Civil Aviation: Hardeep Singh Puri
- Constituency: Amristar
Lok Sabha passes Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Bill, 2020
- Lok Sabha passed the Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Bill, 2020.
- The bill aims to make Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi, English and Urdu as the official languages of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Union Minister of State for Home Ministry G. Kishan Reddy stated that the legislation will fulfill the long awaited demand of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The minister informed that earlier the official language for the Union territory was only Urdu.
- He stated the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir had informed the Centre that people across the Union Territory had been demanding to include the languages they speak and understand as their official language.
- Capitals: Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
- Lieutenant governor: Manoj Sinha
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
World’s richest 1% cause double CO2 emissions of poorest half, says Oxfam
- The wealthiest 1% of the world’s population were responsible for the emission of more than twice as much carbon dioxide as the poorer half of the world from 1990 to 2015, according to new research.
- Carbon dioxide emissions rose by 60% over the 25-year period, but the increase in emissions from the richest 1% was three times greater than the increase in emissions from the poorest half.
- The report, compiled by Oxfam and the Stockholm Environment Institute, warned that rampant overconsumption and the rich world’s addiction to high-carbon transport are exhausting the world’s “carbon budget”.
- Such a concentration of carbon emissions in the hands of the rich means that despite taking the world to the brink of climate catastrophe, through burning fossil fuels, we have still failed to improve the lives of billions, stated Tim Gore, head of policy, advocacy and research at Oxfam International.
- The richest 10% of the global population, comprising about 630 million people, were responsible for about 52% of global emissions over the 25-year period, the study showed.
- Carbon dioxide emissions accumulate in the atmosphere, causing heating, and temperature rises of more than 1.5C above pre-industrial levels would cause widespread harm to natural systems. That accumulation gives the world a finite carbon budget of how much carbon dioxide it is safe to produce, which scientists warn will be exhausted within a decade at current rates.
- If left unchecked, in the next decade the carbon emissions of the world’s richest 10% would be enough to raise levels above the point likely to increase temperatures by 1.5C, even if the whole of the rest of the world cut their emissions to zero immediately.
- Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya
- Director: Winnie Byanyima
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Sebi constitutes technical group on social stock exchange Headed by Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
- Sebi set up a technical group on social stock exchange to develop a framework for onboarding non-profit organisations and for-profit enterprises as well as prescribe disclosure requirements on financials and governance.
- The group will also prescribe disclosure requirements relating to performance and dwell upon aspects related to social impact and social audit.
- The regulator has constituted the technical group under the chairmanship of Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, former chairman of Nabard.
- Other members of the group include Ingrid Srinath, founder-director, Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy at Ashoka University; Pushpa Aman Singh CEO of Guidestar; and Santhosh Jayaram, Partner and Head- Sustainability and CSR Advisory at KPMG.
- In addition, Roopa Kudva, managing director of Omidyar Network India (Social Impact Investor; part of Omidyar Group), Shaji Krishnan V, Deputy Managing Director of Nabard, Sanjeev Singhal, chairman of sustainability reporting standards board at ICAI, representatives of BSE, NSE and Sebi will be part of the technical group.
- Earlier, a working group (WG) on the social stock exchange (SSE), chaired by Ishaat Hussain, submitted its report on June 1, 2020.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
Bajaj Finserv launches health tech solutions business
- Bajaj Finserv entered the healthcare sector with the launch of its health tech solutions business.
- Bajaj Finserv Health, a fully-owned subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, aims to improve the health outcomes of Indian consumers through smarter, connected and holistic care plans.
- “The new venture, Bajaj Finserv Health, brings to the market its core offering — Aarogya Care, an industry-first product, providing preventive, personalised, prepaid health care packages to consumers,” it stated, adding that it uses a mobile-first approach.
- The Bajaj Finserv Health App would work like a personalised health manager, offering consumers a one-stop destination to avail convenient, connected and cost-effective health solutions, right at their fingertips.
- Customers would be able to receive and maintain health records digitally, which would be integrated with the National Health ID.
- It would also offer health insurance coverage from Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and pre-approved Health EMI facility from Bajaj Finance.
About Bajaj Finserv Ltd:
- Headquarters: Pune
- CEO: Sanjiv Bajaj
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
SEBI to set up ‘backstop entity’ to buy MFs’ illiquid corporate bonds
- SEBI plans to set up a ‘backstop entity’ to buy illiquid investment-grade corporate bonds from mutual funds in a bid to reduce the stress in debt schemes. A backstop will ensure that a part of the offering is purchased if it goes unsold.
- “The backstop facility would be an entity, which can trade in relatively illiquid investment-grade corporate bonds and be readily available in times of stress to buy such bonds from participants in the secondary market,” SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi stated at the 25th AGM of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
- “As a broad guiding principle for any such entity to be set up, the market participants should have skin in the game and the moral hazard problem ought to be satisfactorily addressed,” he added.
- Industry experts stated MFs would have to set up such an entity with enough capital so that it would be able to buy illiquid assets in exchange for government bonds.
Microsoft buys gaming company ZeniMax for $7.5bn
- Microsoft has acquired private gaming company ZeniMax for $7.5bn, in a deal that underscores how the tech giant sees gaming moving beyond console wars and into a battle for original content and subscription plans.
- ZeniMax is the parent of Bethesda Softworks, a 2,300-employee team across eight gaming studios behind major franchises including The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake and Starfield.
- A person familiar with the deal compared it to Disney purchasing Pixar in 2006 for $7.4bn. “This has always been one of the highest quality, if not the highest quality, independent studios that is left,” the person stated.
- The all-cash deal is Microsoft’s third-largest acquisition behind LinkedIn and Skype, and matching the $7.5bn it paid for GitHub in 2018, according to Dealogic. It was announced, a week after Microsoft’s bid to purchase TikTok fell through, and one day before pre-orders start for two new Xbox consoles.
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
KKR to invest Rs 5,550 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures for 1.28% equity
- Global investment firm KKR will invest Rs 5,500 crore in Reliance Retail for 1.28 per cent equity share, Reliance Industries Limited stated in a BSE filing. This marks the second investment by KKR in a Reliance subsidiary, following a Rs 11,367 crore investment in Jio Platforms announced earlier this year.
- KKR’s investment values Reliance Retail at a pre-money equity value of Rs 4.21 trillion.
- Ambani, raised about $20 billion selling stakes in his technology venture to investors including Facebook Inc. and Google, the tycoon is repeating the same with his retail business. Earlier, Silver Lake had invested Rs 7,500 cr into Reliance Retail Ventures, valuing the business at about Rs 4.2 trillion.
- Silver Lake also put $1.35 billion for a stake in Ambani’s Jio Platforms Ltd, while KKR invested $1.5 billion.
- KKR is making its investment from its Asia private equity funds. Founded in 1976, KKR has USD 222 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2020. It currently has about USD 5.1 billion in private equity investments across more than 15 Indian companies, including Jio Platforms, JB Chemicals, Max Healthcare, Eurokids International and Ramky Enviro Engineers.
- Besides Silver Lake and KKR, the other investors in Jio Platforms include Facebook, Google, private equity groups Vista and General Atlantic and Abu Dhabi’s sovereign wealth fund Mubadala. With this, Jio Platforms and Reliance Retail account for over Rs 9 lakh crore of RIL valuation.
About KKR & Co. Inc:
- Headquarters: New York, U.S.
- (Co-Chairman/Co-CEO) :Henry Kravis
- (Co-Chairman/Co-CEO): George R. Roberts
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Mukhymantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana’ to be start in Madhya Pradesh
- Mukhymantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana is being started in Madhya Pradesh on the lines of Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Under this scheme, additional financial assistance of 4,000 will be given to the eligible beneficiaries of Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- About 80 lakh farmers of Madhya Pradesh will be benefited by the Chief Minister Kisan Kalyan Yojana. Now they will be able to get an annual assistance of 10,000.Apart from this, farmer friendly schemes will be integrated into the state and implemented as a package.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was addressing the ‘Sabko Sakh-Sabka Vikas’ program organized under the Garib Kalyan Week at Minto Hall in Bhopal.
- The Chief Minister deposited an amount of Rs 800 crore in the accounts of cooperative banks and societies along with disbursement of loans and credit cards to farmers.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor : Smt. Anandiben Patel
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
ITBP Joins Hands With Uttarakhand Govt For Promoting Adventure Tourism At Tehri Lake
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (UTDB) joined hands to promote adventure sports activities at Tehri Lake.
- With this, the Tehri Lake Adventure Institute will now be administered and managed by ITBP for 20 years from now.
- The institute will impart training of water sports including kayaking, canoeing, rowing, sailing, parasailing, paragliding, water rescue and life-saving course.
- It will also benefit ITBP and other Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and State Police Forces in the field of water sports.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Founded: 24 October 1962
- Director General: Shri Surjeet Singh
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- CM: Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
J&K administration signs MoU with Army to operationalise Kishtwar airstrip
- In Jammu and Kashmir, the Union Territory Administration has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Army for development and operationalization of Airstrip in Kishtwar.
- The Lieutenant Governor observed that the Airstrip would provide a vital connectivity to Kishtwar District to benefit both Defence personnel and Civilians, even during the severe winter conditions and for medical and other emergencies, besides giving a fillip to socio-economic development of the region. The issue of operationalizing the airstrip was pending since 2018.
- Mr Sinha stated, the project is aimed to benefit around 50 lakh people of Kishtwar and hoped that the project would deliver the desired results like increasing per capita earnings in district, owing to higher tourists influx which will facilitate better and quick transport facility through operationalization of airstrip, better health indicator (HDI)-low mortality rates- the speedy and crucial transfer of patient to better equipped Jammu hospital, reduce the time taken to travel from eight hours to less than 30 minutes; better monitoring and administration of the district and Integration of people with the main land.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Former Mali Defense Minister Bah Ndaw named interim president
- Former Mali defense minister and retired colonel Bah Ndaw has been named the president of the country’s new transition government.
- He will be in power for 18 months before holding elections and returning Mali to civilian rule.
- Junta leader Colonel Assimi Goita would serve as vice president of the transition government.
- Mali’s President Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta has resigned, after being detained by soldiers.
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Retd Col Girija Shankar Mungali named in AFC task-force
- Pune based retired Colonel Dr Girija Shanker Mungali has been appointed as one of the seven members of the Asian Football Confederation’s task force for regulating football clubs in Asia and Australia.
- Mungali, who is also currently serving as the Chairman of the Club Licensing Committee of the All India Football Federation (AIFF), is the only Indian to be appointed on this committee.
- Dato’ Windsor John, the General Secretary of the Asian Football Confedaration and he will be on the panel till 2023.
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
PM Narendra Modi awarded Ig Nobel Prize 2020 for medical education
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded the Ig Nobel Prize 2020 for Medical Education. Modi was awarded the prize for “using the COVID-19 pandemic to teach the world that politicians can have a more immediate effect on life and death than scientists and doctors can”.
- Besides Modi, the medical education prize was jointly awarded to Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil, Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom, Andrés Manuel López Obrador of Mexico, Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus, Donald Trump of the USA, Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, Vladimir Putin of Russia, and Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow of Turkmenistan.
- Modi became the second Indian Prime Minister to be awarded the Ig Nobel Prize.
- In 1998, then-PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif of Pakistan were awarded the Ig Nobel Peace Prize for “aggressively peaceful explosions of atomic bombs.”
- This year, the Ig Psychology Prize was awarded to Miranda Giacomin of Canada and Nicholas Rule from the USA for “devising a method to identify narcissists by examining their eyebrows.”
Emmy Awards 2020
- The Emmy Awards 2020 marks the beginning of Hollywood’s first major show in the times of Covid. The event was hosted by Jimmy Kimmel at an empty theatre in Los Angeles with cutouts of the nominees placed in the audience. This year shows like Schitt’s Creek, Succession and Watchman were major winners. While Schitt’s Creek created a record of most number of wins in a single season by taking home 7 trophies, Succession and Watchman both won 4 trophies each. Here’s the full list of winners
- Drama Series: Succession
- Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Julia Garner, Ozark
- Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Billy Crudup, The Morning Show
- Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series: Succession
- Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series: Succession
- Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Zendaya, Euphoria
- Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Jeremy Strong, Succession
- Limited Series: Watchmen
- Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Uzo Aduba, Mrs. America
- Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Watchmen
- Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series, Movie or Dramatic Special: Unorthodox
- Outstanding Writing for a Limited Series: Watchmen
- Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much Is True
- Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Regina King, Watchmen
- Comedy Series: Schitt’s Creek
- Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek
- Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Daniel Levy, Schitt’s Creek
- Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series: Schitt’s Creek
- Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series: Schitt’s Creek
- Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek
- Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek
- Competition Program: RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Variety Talk Series: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
- Outstanding Television Movie: Bad Education
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Historian Romila Thapar explores history of dissent in new book “Voices of Dissent”
- Penguin Random House India and Seagull Books have come together to publish the book titled “Voices of Dissent”.
- Historian Romila Thapar will come out with a historical essay next month, exploring dissent, including its articulation and public response to its particular forms, with a special focus on recent protests in the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIT Madras develops AI processing models for 11 local languages
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras has developed artificial intelligence models and datasets to process texts in 11 Indian regional languages. This was taken up jointly with AI4Bharat, a platform for building AI solutions for problems of relevance to India.
- Researchers from IIT Madras and AI4Bharat released AI models and datasets for the following languages: Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Punjabi, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Gujarati and Marathi.
- The multilingual AI models and datasets will provide the essential building blocks to students, faculty, start-ups and industry to work on Indian language tools and push the frontiers of technology, says a press release from IIT Madras.
NASA outlines plan for first woman on Moon by 2024
- The US space agency (NASA) has formally outlined its $28bn (£22bn) plan to return to the Moon by
- As part of a programme called Artemis, Nasa will send a man and a woman to the lunar surface in the first landing with humans since 1972.
- But the agency’s timeline is contingent on Congress releasing $3.2bn for building a landing system.
- Astronauts will travel in an Apollo-like capsule called Orion that will launch on a powerful rocket called SLS.
- Artemis-3 will become the first mission to send astronauts to the lunar surface since Apollo 17 some 48 years ago.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Administered by: Jim Bridenstine
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
DRDO conducts successful flight test of ABHYAS
- The successful flight test of ABHYAS – High-speed Expendable Aerial Target was conducted by Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO from the Interim Test Range, Balasore in Odisha.
- Abhyas is designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment of DRDO.
- The air vehicle is launched using twin underslung booster. It is powered by a small gas turbine engine and has MEMS based Inertial Navigation System for navigation along with the Flight Control Computer for guidance and control.
- The vehicle is programmed for fully autonomous flight. The check out of air vehicle is done using laptop based Ground Control Station.
- During the test campaign, the user requirement of 5 kilometres flying altitude, vehicle speed of 0.5 mach, endurance of 30 minutes and 2g turn capability of the test vehicle were successfully achieved.
- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy, Chairman, DRDO
- Head Quarters: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Nepal’s Ang Rita Sherpa, first to climb Mount Everest 10 times, passes away at 72
- Ang Rita Sherpa, the first man to climb Mount Everest 10 times has passed away.
- All the ascents to the 8,850-meter (29,035-foot) summit of the world’s tallest mountain between 1983 and 1996 by Ang Rita, who went by his first name, like many Sherpas, were made without bottled oxygen.
- Ang Rita was also known as the “snow leopard” for his climbing skills.
Assam musician Bibhuranjan Choudhury passes away
- Renowned music composer Bibhuranjan Choudhury has passed away after a prolonged battle with cancer. He was 71.
- He was also an eminent singer, lyricist and actor.
- Choudhury, who composed the music of Guwahati Doordarshan”s first serial ”Jibonor Batot”, retired as the superintendent of the Assam State Film (Finance and Development) Corporation.
- Choudhury”s first film as music director was ”Sutrapat” in 1987 and the last one was ”Aei Maatite” in 2017. He had composed music for numerous TV serials, stage plays and radio productions in a career spanning over several decades.
DAILY CA 22nd SEP
- World Alzheimer’s Day- 21st sep
- Govt forms expert panels for inspection of covid hospitals
- Hyderabad International Airport gets ACI health accreditation for safe travel of passengers
- Govt has launched National Conservation Strategy for Indian One-Horned Rhino
- Parliament passes Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- Centre sanctions Rs. 108 crore under UDAN scheme for three Airports in Chhattisgarh
- Niti Aayog, ISPP join hands for capacity building
- Direct cargo ferry service between India & Maldives jointly e- launched
- MP celebrates 4th day of ‘Gharib Kalyan Week’ as ‘ Vanadhikar Diwas’
- One Nation One Ration card system to be rolled out in Tamil Nadu on Oct 1
- Tamil Nadu becomes first state to unveil ethical AI, blockchain, cybersecurity policies in country
- Kerala CM launches model project for SC,ST students
- Madhya Pradesh targets household tap connections in all rural areas under Jal Jeevan Mission by 2023
- Bharti AXA launches new unit linked individual insurance plan
- SBI starts women self-reliance programme in Assam
- Google Pay partners with Visa bringing tap-to-pay for Indian users
- India’s nominal GDP to grow 19 per cent in 2022, finance ministry pins hopes on reforms
- e- Peek Pahani’ app will reduce hardships of farmers, says Maharashtra CM
- H D Deve Gowda takes oath as Rajya Sabha member
- Simanchala Dash Appointed As Advisor To IMF Executive Director
- Retd IAS officer Raghvendra Singh appointed culture secretary
- Dasa Sutras’ nominated for SKOCH Award 2020
- India’s first Coast Guard academy to come up at Mangaluru
- Most valuable brands: HDFC Bank retains 1st position; Reliance Retail leads top risers
- Novak Djokovic wins Men’s Singles event in Italian Open
- John Turner: Former Canadian prime minister passes away at 91
- Veteran Rabindra Sangeet exponent Purba Dam Passes away
- Noted Marathi actress Ashalata Wabgaonkar passes away
DAILY CA 23rd SEP
- World Rhino Day- 22nd sep
- World Car Free Day- 22nd sep
- Government gives one-year extension to Company Law Committee
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of 9 highway projects, launches ‘Ghar tak fibre’ scheme in poll-bound Bihar
- Centre approved Outlay for PM Svanidhi Scheme is Rs.600 Crore
- Lok Sabha passes Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Bill, 2020
- World’s richest 1% cause double CO2 emissions of poorest half, says Oxfam
- Sebi constitutes technical group on social stock exchange Headed by Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
- Bajaj Finserv launches health tech solutions business
- SEBI to set up ‘backstop entity’ to buy MFs’ illiquid corporate bonds
- Microsoft buys gaming company ZeniMax for $7.5bn
- KKR to invest Rs 5,550 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures for 1.28% equity
- Mukhymantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana’ to be start in Madhya Pradesh
- ITBP Joins Hands With Uttarakhand Govt For Promoting Adventure Tourism At Tehri Lake
- J&K administration signs MoU with Army to operationalise Kishtwar airstrip
- Former Mali Defense Minister Bah Ndaw named interim president
- Retd Col Girija Shankar Mungali named in AFC task-force
- PM Narendra Modi awarded Ig Nobel Prize 2020 for medical education
- Emmy Awards 2020
- Historian Romila Thapar explores history of dissent in new book “Voices of Dissent”
- IIT Madras develops AI processing models for 11 local languages
- NASA outlines plan for first woman on Moon by 2024
- DRDO conducts successful flight test of ABHYAS
- Nepal’s Ang Rita Sherpa, first to climb Mount Everest 10 times, passes away at 72
- Assam musician Bibhuranjan Choudhury passes away
Date-wise Daily Current Affairs:
Check out the Full list of Daily current Affairs Blogs here